Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

I take it back

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Weedle
May 31, 2006

correct

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

hatty posted:

Wow a bad list from top to bottom

Hard agree

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Dr. Fishopolis posted:

I dunno about wireless but Koss KSC-75 are the same form factor and sound amazing for the price, but you won't look as cool as door-kun

thanks yeah i've heard that elsewhere, but i would like something wireless since i have an iphone (and i'd rather not use an adapter)

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

That poll was part of the anniversary event which also featured a poll for "favorite START button location" which is a bit too "cringe" for me

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"favorite START button location"

There's more than one??

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

hatty posted:

Wow a bad list from top to bottom

Try reading it from bottom to top then.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i'm dying a lot in sonic unleashed but every daytime stage is so loving good it doesn't matter. they did it, they made sonic go fast and it works so well

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Is that the werewolf one

Edit: or I guess it should be "hogwolf"

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Is that the werewolf one

Edit: or I guess it should be "hogwolf"

he's a werehog!!

though it's funny that the american release plays up the werewolf stuff whereas the japanese title is sonic world adventure, playing up the cool world tour elements instead

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

"were" means man so a werehog would be a human that transforms into a (hedge)hog

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

"were" means man so a werehog would be a human that transforms into a (hedge)hog

sonic is a human that transforms into a hedgehog though

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Actually if you read the Sonic the Hedgehog manga, you'd know that Sonic the Hedgehog's alter ego is mild mannered hedgehog Nicky, a fourth grade student at Hedgehog Elementary in Hedgehog Town, but nobody is aware of this except for Tails, not even Nicky.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Oh is it like an Urkel or Nutty Professor type deal

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Looper posted:

i'm dying a lot in sonic unleashed but every daytime stage is so loving good it doesn't matter. they did it, they made sonic go fast and it works so well

Yeah, the daytime stages are pretty ok. They feel way better in context of the mediocre at best Hogwolf stages and compared to past titles, but like after playing Colors you'll go "oh, this is way better"

drat shame you need to grind so much to get new levels

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Oh is it like an Urkel or Nutty Professor type deal

So it's presented as such but Sonic is actually Nicky from the future. Once Nicky turns 16, he's gotten so good at running that he can pass the speed of light. When Nicky turns into Sonic, that's just Future Nicky going back in time with light speed to take his place.

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

Waffleman_ posted:

So it's presented as such but Sonic is actually Nicky from the future. Once Nicky turns 16, he's gotten so good at running that he can pass the speed of light. When Nicky turns into Sonic, that's just Future Nicky going back in time with light speed to take his place.

So exactly like nutty professor

Dr. Fishopolis
Aug 31, 2004

ROBOT

Simone Magus posted:

There's more than one??

hey I tried that world war Z game, it's pretty good!

the progression feels a bit slow though, there's so much to unlock good gracious

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Hi everybody, how are you all doing tonight

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

this game is good.

Todd showed up as well! he's all grown up!!! :unsmith:

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

FirstAidKite posted:

Hi everybody, how are you all doing tonight

I didn't do enough today so now I'm upset its Monday. But hey otherwise doing pretty good, can't complain.

How're you doin First?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Looper posted:

he's a werehog!!

*hogwere

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Zaphod42 posted:

How're you doin First?

Feeling kinda bleh, but that's because I've been playing Tales of Maj'Eyal and the game's story can be pretty heavy at times. Spoiler warning for the game's plot.

It's a frustrating thing because the game basically sets up a scenario where it is orcs vs all other races and the orcs make it clear that they will stop at nothing to kill any non-orc and that they were responsible for neverending massacres across the continent. So all the non-orcs got together and fought back until they genocided the orcs, and then the orcs survived through the genocide and were going to take revenge on all non-orcs for trying to wipe them out. Then a minority group within the orcs who were themselves not opposed to peace and were noted as being intelligent and discriminated against by the rest of the orcs but said other orcs were not in concentration camps because after the main game's campaign, the non-orcs decided that they could either let the orcs go free to continue trying to murder them as they always have, wipe them out then and there, or do some mass hypnosis stuff to keep them nonviolent and peaceful in concentration camps. Then they get rescued by the minority orcs and the undead minotaurs and then they all go on to wipe out the non-orcs in the area as revenge and the cycle of genocide goes on. Plus one of the reasons the minority orcs are mad is because they were attacked by the people they had some peace with except it turns out the people that attacked them were only disguised as those people so the whole thing is a misunderstanding that just leads to even more genocide attempts from both sides and it is exhausting playing through the game and knowing that from a plot perspective, everything sucks, anyone who is potentially good is dead or is going to die by your hands, and evil people will die too but the cycle of death continues. It'd be one thing if the orcs were ever characterized as being anything other than ravenous murder-hungry beasts but instead it just feels like the game isn't handling the subject well. It basically comes off as it objectively stating that orcs only want to murder so concentration camps are the only option to stop them and I just wish that if they were going to go with the "put them in death camps" stuff that they wouldn't also make the victims so horrendously evil and writing a situation where the most humane action is a loving concentration camp. And then having the player fight back to rescue the cartoonishly evil orcs so that they can go back to trying to kill everything.

Sorry, just needed to vent. I really enjoy the game and there are some neat story things but that spoilered poo poo really bothers me.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
At least they took out the gross orc breeding pits dungeon where you went in and slaughtered orcs/orc kids/orc "brood mothers" which may have been also described as halfway between an orc woman and an ant queen iirc

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

tfw you start playing a game and have this vague but unshakable feeling that you're working through someones fetish. VR game where you're chained up in a wheelchair and have to use a laser pointer and gestures to direct a little girl around each room to solve puzzles, kind of a mix of lifeline and pac-man 2 and ico (and it has some ico predigree also, lead animator worked on ico and sotc, director worked on tlg)

except. the store page also describes it as "saw meets ico" and every single room has a unique long and super brutal death animation where you have to first watch her and then you get killed if you gently caress up. sorry you mixed up blue and green in this game of simon, now the organ is going to spray poison gas until she asphyxiates. sorry you didn't do this moving block puzzle in the right order, now the floor is going to drop out into a grinder. also even more brutally a lot of the success animations are indistinguishable from the fail animations until the very last second. like a train switch problem where as soon as she presses the button to start the train, stocks drop down around her neck, and then you watch the train drive around for a minute and if you flipped the right switches it unlocks the door, or if you did not then the train cuts a rope that drops a guillotine

i'm at 100 minutes and debating whether to refund it. i'm pretty sure its not actually a ryona game, but at the very least the fail state always being a little girl getting murdered is kinda cheap. then again there's some interesting structural stuff going on that I wanna see where it goes... also they play around with you being in a wheelchair in kinda fun ways, that elevates the wheelchair thing beyond just being a vr conceit

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

some of the deaths dont even make sense. why does a giant snake live in the ceiling of the algebra puzzle room

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

why did they build an algebra puzzle room under the snake's habitat, huh??

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
where else would it live

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

snakes aren't good at math, it could live anywhere else!!

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

homeless snail posted:

yeah that's why it tricks you into doing algebra for it

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

algecobra

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

Snakes:

1. Snake (Snake Rattle n Roll)
2. Snake (MGS3)
3. Snake (MGS1,2,4)
4. The snake from Resident Evil
5. Snake (Snake's Revenge)
6.Snake (Rock & Roll Racing)

BisbyWorl
Jan 12, 2019

Knowledge is pain plus observation.

Whizzing Wizard posted:

Snakes:

1. Snake (Snake Rattle n Roll)
2. Snake (MGS3)
3. Snake (MGS1,2,4)
4. The snake from Resident Evil
5. Snake (Snake's Revenge)
6.Snake (Rock & Roll Racing)

Where does the math snake rank on this?

bone emulator
Nov 3, 2005

Wrrroavr

The math snake is actually a cameo from the RE snake

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

homeless snail posted:

You never heard of an adder before?

Mad Wack
Mar 27, 2008

"The faster you use your cooldowns, the faster you can use them again"

FirstAidKite posted:

boo lol

Instruction Manuel
May 15, 2007

Yes, it is what it looks like!

FirstAidKite posted:

groan but also lol

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon: Every Buddy! is really cute, definitely the best Mystery Dungeon I've played so far :)

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

I like how Last Labyrinth's (the math snake game) store description includes this:

quote:

STORY

What the…?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mkvltra
Nov 1, 2020

Jay Rust posted:

Forget the snaps, I just want to throw stink bombs at all of the ugly pokemon

I thought you said you didn't do Fart Jokes.