Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

More likely Blade if they can get it together by then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
If you need to speculate, that is very clearly the Fantastic Four logo behind the Marvel logo at the end.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

CapnAndy posted:

If you need to speculate, that is very clearly the Fantastic Four logo behind the Marvel logo at the end.

Well that for sure isn't coming out October of next year.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
I don't see why not considering Wakanda Forever's release date.

JordanKai
Aug 19, 2011

Get high and think of me.

Yeah yeah 15 movies next year or whatever, that's nice. When are we getting release dates for Moon Knight and She-Hulk!? :berninator:

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

Barry Convex posted:

Marvel Studios has (had?) a mystery film dated for October of next year, wonder if that's still the case

Notably missing from the hype trailer is Captain America which was just recently announced and may not have been 100% greenlit when they were putting together the sizzle reel. Would be an incredibly compressed production schedule though.

I think they just moved the October 2022 mystery release to 2023 and it's Fantastic 4.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

JordanKai posted:

Yeah yeah 15 movies next year or whatever, that's nice. When are we getting release dates for Moon Knight and She-Hulk!? :berninator:

They just started filming Moon Knight on Friday! Be patient!

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
There is a shot of the Eternals in front of what i think is the Ishtar Gate in Babylon, so are they going to be superheroing though the ages? Not in a time travel way, but in a we live forever so we have been fighting evil since the humans first discovered fire hot.

Smart they didn't show any date for Fantastic 4, because who knows what's going to happen.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

twistedmentat posted:

There is a shot of the Eternals in front of what i think is the Ishtar Gate in Babylon, so are they going to be superheroing though the ages? Not in a time travel way, but in a we live forever so we have been fighting evil since the humans first discovered fire hot.

Yes that is my understanding of the premise. They are the "real life" figures that stories of legend and myth are based off of. They are literally Gilgamesh, Ajax, Circe, Athena, etc.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

AngryBooch posted:

Yes that is my understanding of the premise. They are the "real life" figures that stories of legend and myth are based off of. They are literally Gilgamesh, Ajax, Circe, Athena, etc.

Oh cool. I know nothing about them, even though i have the Gaiman trade, its still shrinkwrapped. I should probably read it.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Did they take the day off when Thanos got the Infinity Stones or something

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

FlamingLiberal posted:

Likely some manner of "don't interfere in man's destiny" or other nonsense.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

FlamingLiberal posted:

From what I remember they "sleep" or are rebuilt / reborn when they die in some soft of living Machine. I would be the snap was an event that woke them up again.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
My guess is that they all hit a point where they gave up and stopped caring over the millenia, and until whatever inciting incident gets them back together to be superheroes, nobody plain gave a gently caress anymore.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Some Eternals don't care about humans, some do, some are disillusioned, etc.

So they probably don't get their poo poo back together until after Thanos.

Barry Convex
Sep 1, 2005

Think of the good things, Pim! The good things!

Like Jesus, candy, and crackerjacks! Ice cream and cake and lots o'laffs!
Grandma, Grandpa, and Uncle Joe! Larry, Curly, and brother Moe!

AngryBooch posted:

Notably missing from the hype trailer is Captain America which was just recently announced and may not have been 100% greenlit when they were putting together the sizzle reel. Would be an incredibly compressed production schedule though.

I think they just moved the October 2022 mystery release to 2023 and it's Fantastic 4.

It wasn’t announced, it was just reported by a very credible source to be in development. Possible that it’s being fast-tracked, though.

The latter guess is quite possible as well, tbh

FoneBone
Oct 24, 2004
stupid, stupid rat creatures

AngryBooch posted:

i don't think F4 would ever have been on tap for 2022 with Watts currently working on Spider-Man, but i'm guessing they've dropped that date either way. it's also the same date for which Into the Spider-Verse 2 is currently scheduled

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

AngryBooch posted:

I always had a problem with the Eternal's and their premise of "these myths are based on my actions!" when Marvel has all the mythological pantheons as real things.

Unless they want to say "this is the reason why Zeus is sometimes not a jerk." Or "this is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They only have the Norse Pantheon, and no other gods."

mikeraskol
May 3, 2006

Oh yeah. I was killing you.

The Question IRL posted:

I always had a problem with the Eternal's and their premise of "these myths are based on my actions!" when Marvel has all the mythological pantheons as real things.

Unless they want to say "this is the reason why Zeus is sometimes not a jerk." Or "this is the Marvel Cinematic Universe. They only have the Norse Pantheon, and no other gods."

Well we know that my guy Russell Crowe is playing Zeus so . . .

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Marvel has the Greek gods as well. The people of Greece just confused some of them with Eternals and vice versa.

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009

mikeraskol posted:

Well we know that my guy Russell Crowe is playing Zeus so . . .

I cannot wait for the scene where Hepahaestus carefully cuts open Russell Crowe's skull with an axe and a fully armored Angelina Jolie saunters out.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Aphrodite posted:

They put BP in February because Infinity War was April.

Captain Marvel was also pretty early, March 8th.

Not MCU (at the time, anyway :v:) but Deadpool was a February movie too, and, well, that did pretty okay.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

FlamingLiberal posted:

There’s been a rumor for awhile that there is some kind of X-Men thing in development so maybe it’s that?

Deadpool 3 would make plenty of sense for that spot.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Gavok posted:

Deadpool 3 would make plenty of sense for that spot.
Ah good call.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

The Question IRL posted:

This is because the Eternals weren't intended to be part of the Marvel Universe. They got incorporated after the fact and aren't exactly the best fit for reasons you've mentioned.

Jamesman
Nov 19, 2004

"First off, let me start by saying curly light blond hair does not suit Hyomin at all. Furthermore,"
Fun Shoe
Wasn't there something in Ant-Man & The Wasp where the home of the Eternals exists in the Quantum Realm?

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

you could do a bit where the Eternals do try to stop Thanos, but half of them get dusted while they're trying to form the Uni Mind so they're like "ah. jeez. well, we tried"

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

mikeraskol posted:

It was even more targeted than that I think. For a movie that was made by a women of color, she wasn't interested in hearing what cis white male critics thought and wanted to hear what women of color thought. I think this was on A Wrinkle in Time?

Notably, a movie she’s not even in.

It wasn’t just a defense of her own work.

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
Calling the Captain Marvel sequel "The Marvels" is the cheekiest inter-company beef move that I can remember in recent history. I don't even know if it was intentional, I just bet there are a lot of Billy Batson fans who made a face like a fart noise when they saw that logo.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

OnimaruXLR posted:

Calling the Captain Marvel sequel "The Marvels" is the cheekiest inter-company beef move that I can remember in recent history. I don't even know if it was intentional, I just bet there are a lot of Billy Batson fans who made a face like a fart noise when they saw that logo.

Well if there's a scene where Carol suggests Kamala go by "Captain Marvel Jr" and she's like "...but I'm not your son" then you'll have your answer.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Wait, I just of something. Does anyone ever call Carol by the name "Captain Marvel" at any point in either the first CM movie or in any of the Infinity War movies?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SlimGoodbody posted:

Wait, I just of something. Does anyone ever call Carol by the name "Captain Marvel" at any point in either the first CM movie or in any of the Infinity War movies?

Spider-Man calls her that in Far From Home. I think that's the first instance we hear it.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

She's called that in WandaVision too.

SlimGoodbody
Oct 20, 2003

Is there any in-fiction reason people call her that? It seems like the first case of a Marvel movie just kind of being like "that's what she's called in the comic and we're not gonna try to justify why this lady gets called something so weird." Like it's not her codename or call sign, she doesn't have a secret identity, and afaik she never interacted with anyone named like "Mar Vell" or whatever

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

SlimGoodbody posted:

afaik she never interacted with anyone named like "Mar Vell" or whatever

I suggest rewatching Captain Marvel again, you missed out on large chunks of the film apparently.

More seriously, this is as close as the film came to setting up the Captain Marvel name.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjZjq1ffW6w

howe_sam fucked around with this message at 19:00 on May 4, 2021

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Annette Benning played Mar-vell, it's a major part of the plot.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

I think this is a classic case of commenting on a movie without having seen it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

OnimaruXLR posted:

Yea all 4 of them will be really upset.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

SlimGoodbody posted:

Is there any in-fiction reason people call her that? It seems like the first case of a Marvel movie just kind of being like "that's what she's called in the comic and we're not gonna try to justify why this lady gets called something so weird." Like it's not her codename or call sign, she doesn't have a secret identity, and afaik she never interacted with anyone named like "Mar Vell" or whatever
Leaving aside that Mar Vell was in fact such a formative presence in her life that the Supreme Intelligence took her form; no, there's not, but she spent decades protecting the Skrulls and an indeteriminate amount of time on Earth between Infinity War and Endgame. I'm really okay assuming that at some point, Captain Carol Danvers wanted to honor her mentor and realized "Captain Marvel" sounds badass, they don't have to spell that out for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
They literally foreshadowed it in the movie during the scene where Carol kept having to correct fury on the pronunciation