Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Did anyone pick up the Iron Factory Final Battle Ultra Magnus? It's back in supply so I'm considering it unless there's horror stories?

Arquinsiel posted:

Have you considered just buying a spare Brawn and shooting it?
Just because Keldroc is American doesn't mean he has a plentiful supply of firearms!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The_Doctor posted:

Oh, like a CW scale one maybe?
Here, I found this from a TFW2005 thread, there's more pics in the thread you might be interested in but this is the best summary pic:

Front left: TFC Hercules, the first third-party combiner ever released and shows his age a bit, but fits well in a CHUG collection. About a head taller than CW combiners, might be kind of hard to find now. As far as I know, never knocked off.

Back left: Toyworld Constructor, very big, MP-detailed and decently G1-accurate, but one of the pantsformer combiners where the entire hip and thighs portion is a separate bit that has to be just set aside in all the other modes, which is a dealbreaker for me. I don't think it was ever knocked off either.

Front center: DX9 Hulkie, legends scale so probably not what you're looking for. It has been knocked off and slightly oversized, but even the oversized ones are way smaller than a deluxe figure, and look very under-detailed at that size.

Back center: Maketoys Giant, the second third-party Devastator so it'll probably also be hard to find, like Hercules it's more CHUG styled, and is about a head shorter than the CW combiners. I don't think it's been knocked off.

Front right: Generation Toy Gravity Builder, kind of MP scaled but more CHUG-like in detailing. This one is the most widely knocked-off Devastator and the easiest to find some version of. I think this one in the picture is the original version, there are two oversized knockoffs that make it more MP-scaled, JinBao and NBK. The JinBao version is identical to the original, the NBK version is slightly simplified in the individual bot modes. I think there are also original-size knockoffs, but I think they're also simplified.

Back right: CW/UW Devastator, there's an undersized knockoff that makes it to scale with the other CW bots but it's of the Hasbro version where some of the individual figures are missing elbows.

I feel like this is missing a Devastator that's come out since that thread was posted, but if so I can't remember who makes it. Everyone please correct me on anything that I got wrong, that was mostly from memory.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
DX9 Hulkie is pretty great but yeah legends scale and tiny.

Here's an old pic:

TheDK fucked around with this message at 01:47 on May 4, 2021

Arquinsiel
Jun 1, 2006

"There is no such thing as society. There are individual men and women, and there are families. And no government can do anything except through people, and people must look to themselves first."

God Bless Margaret Thatcher
God Bless England
RIP My Iron Lady

Spiderdrake posted:

Did anyone pick up the Iron Factory Final Battle Ultra Magnus? It's back in supply so I'm considering it unless there's horror stories?
Just because Keldroc is American doesn't mean he has a plentiful supply of firearms!
One is enough. He can probably borrow it even! Just needs to shoot Brawn the one time!

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
TFC Hercules is kind of a legend at this point. Its worth owning just for the history

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
I like that the Unite Warriors/Combiner Wars Devastator is as close to an official Masterpiece Devastator as we're likely to get. The DNA Designs kit is pretty dang good for it, too.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
There's like four different KOs of Hercules.

MinionOfCthulhu
Oct 28, 2005

I got this title for free due to my proximity to an idiot who wanted to save $5 on an avatar by having someone else spend $9.95 instead.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

I like that the Unite Warriors/Combiner Wars Devastator is as close to an official Masterpiece Devastator as we're likely to get. The DNA Designs kit is pretty dang good for it, too.

I mean, it’s a decent toy, but Masterpiece? Masterpiece figures tend to have elbows.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Unite Warriors Devs has elbows.

Kid Fenris
Jan 22, 2004

If someone is reading this...
I must have failed.

Homora Gaykemi posted:

Ooh, listings show a deluxe Perceptor coming in SS86 next year according to TFW2005

Cool, Perceptor is another old favorite of mine, and I skipped his Titans Return version due to my anti-Headmaster bias.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Kid Fenris posted:

Cool, Perceptor is another old favorite of mine, and I skipped his Titans Return version due to my anti-Headmaster bias.

Preach it, brother. :hfive:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I mean, it’s a decent toy, but Masterpiece? Masterpiece figures tend to have elbows.

Yeah, he did say "as close as we were likely to get", not "they are MPs".

Shogo Hasui designed many of the earlier carbot MPs, as well as CW Devastator, and he's mentioned in an interview or two that when he noticed that Takara's intended size for CW Devs would put it close to MP scale, he decided to use some of the ideas he'd been saving for an MP version. Apparently he intended to have all the combiner kibble incorporated if he got to make the full zoot version, but of course any designer would say that.

If Raiden goes over well we might see a genuine MP Devs down the line, but I'm not holding my breath.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

MinionOfCthulhu posted:

I have the Unite Warriors version, which does have elbows on the component bots.

I would only REALLY recommend the Combiner Wars version if you didn't care about the elbows or if you had an elbow kit.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

To be honest, Perceptor was the worst conceived headmaster in the line.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Even with elbows the CW/UW individual Constructicons are far from MPs. Most of them have weird proportions and very visible hollow limbs. They really were designed as a Devastator first and individual bots second.

I'm still hoping if SS86 stuff does well enough they'll eventually reconsider a Devastator in that line, released like the other movie stuff over a year or two.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

SlothfulCobra posted:

He's delightful, you monster.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

How would the dog wear goggles and even more than that, who makes the goggles?

galvatron has succeeded in finally reuniting the five stunticons!

there's something wrong with my phone camera also. that scarf they're standing on is hot pink in real life.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Knormal posted:

Even with elbows the CW/UW individual Constructicons are far from MPs. Most of them have weird proportions and very visible hollow limbs. They really were designed as a Devastator first and individual bots second.

I'm still hoping if SS86 stuff does well enough they'll eventually reconsider a Devastator in that line, released like the other movie stuff over a year or two.

I'd be down for that.

The Last Call
Sep 9, 2011

Rehabilitating sinner
Seems the China branch put out an amusing stop motion vid of Cyclonus VS Hot Rod and it totally goes in a way you don't expect. It's quite charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY5go1VoiZw.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Kid Fenris posted:

I'm v excited for the 86 series. Better engineered nostalgia.

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

The Last Call posted:

Seems the China branch put out an amusing stop motion vid of Cyclonus VS Hot Rod and it totally goes in a way you don't expect. It's quite charming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gY5go1VoiZw.

Nice animation there. I saw two Arcees on my hunt for Huffer today.

Good Listener
Sep 2, 2006

Ask me about moons
Fact #1 The Moon is really cool

SlothfulCobra posted:

This can't be true when Galvatron exists.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!

Spiderdrake posted:

It's big and bulky and surprisingly posable despite it. Ratcheted hips, other joints are quite solid. No issues with mine at all.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Medullah posted:

Hey guys, I'm looking to sell a bunch of my miscellaneous transformers that have been sitting in a box for 10+ years. I don't know much about the Seacons, but since it looks like they sell for a pretty penny on eBay I'm working on listing them.

Any experts want to look at these pictures and tell me if they think it's better to sell them as is with the missing accessories, or if I should look at buying some of the missing accessories and selling it as a lot?

Quoting myself, I listed these on Facebook marketplace and some guy is blowing me up calling me a scammer trying to sell knock offs. I got these in a huge bundle lot I bought in around 2003 - was there a re-release of the Seacons or a KO of them that happened between original release and that time?

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i think shitheads just do that to try and lowball people

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i think shitheads just do that to try and lowball people

That's what I figured but I want to make sure they're not ripoffs.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i dont think there was a high quality KO scene in 2003, and the first reissue of the seacons was in 2010 as far as i can tell. FWIW those look exactly like my seacons, down to the yellowing of the blue plastic. nobody in 2003 was knocking off authentic looking transformers, a lot of the molds got knocked off but they were all done in weird colours and plastics and sold to discount shops. i have a giant orange Ravage that I got in poundland in like 2005.

but yours have the stickers and all the accessories too, so that dickhead on facebook probably just knows that what you have is valuable and wants to get it for cheap.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

juggalo baby coffin posted:

i dont think there was a high quality KO scene in 2003, and the first reissue of the seacons was in 2010 as far as i can tell. FWIW those look exactly like my seacons, down to the yellowing of the blue plastic. nobody in 2003 was knocking off authentic looking transformers, a lot of the molds got knocked off but they were all done in weird colours and plastics and sold to discount shops. i have a giant orange Ravage that I got in poundland in like 2005.

but yours have the stickers and all the accessories too, so that dickhead on facebook probably just knows that what you have is valuable and wants to get it for cheap.

Thanks that makes me feel better. :) The lowballs have already started rolling in as with anything I sell on Facebook.

radlum
May 13, 2013
What would be the best option for a G1 Starscream? Masterpiece with the crown and cape? Classics?

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009
Earthrise

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

radlum posted:

What would be the best option for a G1 Starscream? Masterpiece with the crown and cape? Classics?

Wait for the studio series 86 one.

Anora
Feb 16, 2014

I fuckin suck!🪠
I can't find the tweet from earlier, but another MP Optimus Prime? Why...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Anora posted:

I can't find the tweet from earlier, but another MP Optimus Prime? Why...

Wait what

That can't be right

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

They’re doing a bumblebee movie MP prime which is different enough I guess, is that the one you saw?

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Scooped up another color-changing G2 Stormtrooper mint on card on eBay, thankfully for not totally ridiculous money. :shepspends:

Now I’ve got 3 of the 4, all of which I’ve bought MOSC. And I only had to pay stupid money for two of them. :negative:

I also managed to snag the other two Motorvators I needed.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

radlum posted:

I have a MP Starscream with the crown and cape that I'm looking to sell. PM me if you're interested in discussing this.

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

i still dont have an MP starscream either cause friggin maketoys havent reissued theirs and the new takara one is very expensive

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Reviews are coming in.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VI4idgyfJ1I

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-uAnj3diStA

juggalo baby coffin
Dec 2, 2007

he looks great, I have a real soft spot for the potato dino, which is why he was my first gigapower dinobot purchase. it is very impressive how much bulk the dino mode manages to manifest out of a much smaller robot mode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
Oh, those tiny stumpy back legs on the triceratops mode are bad.