Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Quorn has an awful habit of going from edible to dried out husk wall filler if cooked milliseconds too long.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

Interesting to see the excuses being lined up in Hartlepool, where an impending labour thumping is being presented in very passive terms with no direct criticism at all of the leader or strategy or presentation or (lack of) policies etc. I don't recall the Guardian giving labour this much slack for bad results 2015-2019

quote:

a narrow 3,595-vote majority

quote:

A generational shift in political allegiances

Tortuous wording to avoiding blaming LOTO for bad decisions:

quote:

morale among some full-time activists has been subdued in part because many are being let go by the party after polling day....
Most of those leaving are on two-year trainee contracts but they are the clipboard-carrying organisers that are crucial during election campaigns.
One Labour fixer said that about half of the Hartlepool ground team was due to leave following Thursday’s votes as a cost-saving measure. “It’s not great for morale,” she said. “We would’ve made money at party conference to pay for these elections but of course they were cancelled

Also just grimly hilarious to see the kind of centrist twat who spent 5 years rubbishing Labour from the inside complaining about a lack of trust

quote:

[Labour candidate Paul Williams]  told the Guardian last month that its challenge was to convince people to trust Labour

vodkat
Jun 30, 2012

cannot legally be sold as vodka
https://twitter.com/jonnelledge/status/1389606826187051015?s=21

Are you ready for these take non stop?

Archaeology Hat
Aug 10, 2009

vodkat posted:

Are you ready for these take non stop?

He’s not wrong, the issue is more that 2015-2019 he was the source of those vox pops.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

I’m expecting a lot of “Labour has cast off the shackles of the woke Corbynista youth but has not yet won back all the old guard voters that took them to victory in ‘97, and seen in that light this crushing defeat is actually the start of a beautiful rebirth”

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I'm genuinely a bit down about Hartlepool, because the current incarnation of lab and its melty supporters in the press will learn absolutely nothing from this defeat. Even if Starmer is put out to pasture (which I doubt), the next leader is going to be chosen by the same ghouls and made from the same mould.

The takes that we're going to be subjected to over the next weeks are going to be abysmal.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
I'm honestly looking forwards to all of the: "Why losing Hartlepool is good for Starmer, actually" articles that are going to be churned out in the next couple of weeks.

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Niric posted:

Interesting to see the excuses being lined up in Hartlepool, where an impending labour thumping is being presented in very passive terms with no direct criticism at all of the leader or strategy or presentation or (lack of) policies etc. I don't recall the Guardian giving labour this much slack for bad results 2015-2019

Tortuous wording to avoiding blaming LOTO for bad decisions:

Also just grimly hilarious to see the kind of centrist twat who spent 5 years rubbishing Labour from the inside complaining about a lack of trust

In a sense the generational shift in allegiances is true, just not in a way that absolves Starmer and his ilk of any blame. It's been twelve years since Pasokification started, and the Labour Party under Jeremy Corbyn was one of the small handful of parties that reacted to that generational shift in allegiances...by trying to shift its allegiances. Now that wing is out of power, the faction in control wants to react to that generational shift in alleguance by doing nothing. Oh hey, look, it's Pasokification, coming right back to gently caress you up, whodathunk.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

TACD posted:

I’m expecting a lot of “Labour has cast off the shackles of the woke Corbynista youth but has not yet won back all the old guard voters that took them to victory in ‘97, and seen in that light this crushing defeat is actually the start of a beautiful rebirth”

(thank to cloud potato in cartoon thread)

starmer can't fail he can only be failed :laugh:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Quite accurate really. I'm sitting and watching him gently caress it up because he has no idea what he's doing.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

crispix posted:

Starmer cannot possibly succeed in the face of the destructive animosity from about 50 leftists on Twitter, at least half of which have Simpsons characters avatars.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Honestly if you put half the shadow cabinet in the bulldozer with boris that cartoon is actually 100% accurate.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The only thing I get from that cartoon is that Kieth is an incompetent bricklayer.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

stev posted:

The only thing I get from that cartoon is that Kieth is an incompetent bricklayer.

Yeah but Momentum & TUC aren't helping him so really they are the big villains if you don't think about it really hard.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"The project manager shows up, dismisses the brickie and day labourer, and sets about showing them both how a brick wall should be built, with comedic effect" does sum up a lot of the Starmer era party.

e: lmao just noticed that he's using sharp sand instead of builder's sand to make the mortar for that wall, no wonder it's gone to poo poo. Sharp sand is for your base. That almost feels like a deliberate joke if it weren't known hack Blower.

Guavanaut fucked around with this message at 09:44 on May 5, 2021

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/royalacademy/status/1389857862889918464?s=21

gently caress you, Royal Academy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Nobody told me that was an option.

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

crispix posted:

CRUEL Momentum jokesters and Trade Union BULLY BOYS replaced Keir Starmer's hair gel with CUM!

NotJustANumber99
Feb 15, 2012

somehow that last av was even worse than your posting

Guavanaut posted:

"The project manager shows up, dismisses the brickie and day labourer, and sets about showing them both how a brick wall should be built, with comedic effect" does sum up a lot of the Starmer era party.

e: lmao just noticed that he's using sharp sand instead of builder's sand to make the mortar for that wall, no wonder it's gone to poo poo. Sharp sand is for your base. That almost feels like a deliberate joke if it weren't known hack Blower.

Im pretty sure theres no reason to not just write sand there unless they were making that point.

Oh dear me
Aug 14, 2012

I have burned numerous saucepans, sometimes right through the metal
Even the remnants of Corbynism are a bigger obstacle to the Tories than Starmer's efforts, yet Starmer persists in ignoring all advice from the left. AGC.

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

lmao the daft prick hasn't ever used his private medical insurance for anything serious because they don't do any of that poo poo.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Had my jab letter come through the post this morning. For an appointment later today. They're lucky I don't have anything else going on (ever).

My youngest brother got his letter as well but he's got 10 days notice. Given he's 8 years younger Wales must be rattling through its lists of the fit and healthy. Twin brother won't know if anything came in his post until he gets home from work at which point the appointment will have been and gone.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
most of us working in the NHS thought clapclap time was some weird poo poo after the first one

Red Oktober
May 24, 2006

wiggly eyes!

Are there other industries where a round of applause is expected for a job well done? Asking for a friend.

and there's no way i'm the first to make that joke.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

crispix posted:

most of us working in the NHS thought clapclap time was some weird poo poo after the first one

Yeah, but the reason wasn’t because the NHS are too conceited now.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Seems like trying to attack the beloved NHS with a limpdick tweet will not be a winning strategy for :jebstare:

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
the correct way to respond to any kind of bad event is to pretend you're being bombed by the luftwaffe :britain:

wwweEeeeeeeeeeEeeeEEeeEEeEee'll mmeeeEeEeEeeeeeeeeEeEEeEeeeeeeeEEt aaaaaaaAAgaAAAaaAaaaAAAAaAaAaAaAAaiiIiiIIiIiiIIIIin doooOooOOoOooooooOOooOooooooOoooooon't knoooOooOoOOoooOoooOOOooooooOoooO whhheeEeEeeeeEeEeEErrreeeeEEeee doooOOoooOOoOoOOOoooooOOOoOOoooO :suicide:

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

sassassin posted:

Had my jab letter come through the post this morning. For an appointment later today. They're lucky I don't have anything else going on (ever).

My youngest brother got his letter as well but he's got 10 days notice. Given he's 8 years younger Wales must be rattling through its lists of the fit and healthy. Twin brother won't know if anything came in his post until he gets home from work at which point the appointment will have been and gone.

Wales is ahead of the UK in general on vaccinations - I don't know if they've secured a greater share of the supply for some reasons or they've been faster at distributing it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Red Oktober posted:

Are there other industries where a round of applause is expected for a job well done? Asking for a friend.

and there's no way i'm the first to make that joke.

Pilots for Ryan Air and Aer Lingus flights get them a lot for landing the plane, but maybe that is just an Irish thing.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Wales is ahead of the UK in general on vaccinations - I don't know if they've secured a greater share of the supply for some reasons or they've been faster at distributing it.
I heard from someone in London back when the vaccinations started rolling out (& London was well behind) that they were basing the allocations on the number of GP surgeries, rather than patients, meaning that places with a higher population density (& more patients per surgery) weren't getting as much, whereas average rural Welsh surgery only has like 2 pensioners and a sheep on the books so we got a disproportionate amount of vaccines

Just a rumour that was going around in London, idk if it has legs

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Got my Bill Gates 5G chip injected...

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

buddy they don't even let me lick the paintings

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
I'm being sent to the place where they've been dishing out the Pfizer (it's where my sick uncle and the local nurses went). Feels a bit like getting asked for id, why yes I do look young enough to be worried about the AZ side effects thank you.

TRIXNET
Jun 6, 2004

META AS FUCK.

big scary monsters posted:

Quorn isn't really aimed at vegetarians, it's aimed at people who eat meat but maybe want to go from 7 times a week to 4-5 times a week or something. So the idea is you can just treat it like the meat in your meal and it'll be inoffensive and absorb whatever sauce or spice flavours you're using. I guess all the much better meat replacements that the increased awareness and popularity of meat-free diets in the last decade or two have brought (and also the mycoprotein patent lapsing) have made it look pretty crummy by comparison today though.

Fun fact; Quorn wasn't even vegetarian when it first came out (and of course a lot of it still isn't even vegan).

Morningwoodpecker
Jan 17, 2016

I DIDN'T THINK IT WAS POSSIBLE FOR SOMEONE TO BE THIS STUPID

BUT HERE YOU ARE

big scary monsters posted:

Quorn isn't really aimed at vegetarians, it's aimed at people who eat meat but maybe want to go from 7 times a week to 4-5 times a week or something. So the idea is you can just treat it like the meat in your meal and it'll be inoffensive and absorb whatever sauce or spice flavours you're using. I guess all the much better meat replacements that the increased awareness and popularity of meat-free diets in the last decade or two have brought (and also the mycoprotein patent lapsing) have made it look pretty crummy by comparison today though.

Add beef stock and it's super low fat mince as a direct meat replacement.

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Quorn has an awful habit of going from edible to dried out husk wall filler if cooked milliseconds too long.

Was full vegetarian during the BSE 'crisis' and quite like Quorn sausages, but then i also like the old fashioned TVP mince. :shrug:
Back to omnivorous eating these days though if that vat grown meat ever becomes a reliable/safe/cheap (probably not in my lifetime) thing i would give it a go.

Got my second AZ shot this morning, then bought Space Engineers on Steam to celebrate...... really hoping that Bill Gates can help me out with building tips when the 5G kicks in. :confused:

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Just Another Lurker posted:

Was full vegetarian during the BSE 'crisis' and quite like Quorn sausages, but then i also like the old fashioned TVP mince. :shrug:
Back to omnivorous eating these days though if that vat grown meat ever becomes a reliable/safe/cheap (probably not in my lifetime) thing i would give it a go.

You're either extremely ill or very pessimistic

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1389663179098267654

To be fair it took me two watches to spot him too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

blunt posted:

https://twitter.com/addicted2newz/status/1389663179098267654

To be fair it took me two watches to spot him too.

That's why he needs one of his trademark identifying props - roll of wallpaper, bricklaying trowel, pint of whiskey...