Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Have any of the Saudi matches actually been good? I refuse to watch any of it, but I'm just curious because it seems like it's either matches where nobody involved should be in the ring anymore, or goofy poo poo like 80-man battle royales and Shame winning Best Wrestler or Biggest Head or what the gently caress ever.

none of the matches are any quality enough that justified them happening at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Have any of the Saudi matches actually been good? I refuse to watch any of it, but I'm just curious because it seems like it's either matches where nobody involved should be in the ring anymore, or goofy poo poo like 80-man battle royales and Shame winning Best Wrestler or Biggest Head or what the gently caress ever.

You should look up DX Vs Undertaker/Kane at like the first or second Saudi show. Really brought the house down.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

flatluigi posted:

none of the matches are any quality enough that justified them happening at all

That's what I figured, thanks.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

TV Zombie posted:

but lol who's credible between shotzi and ember?

It's WWE, credibility is irrelevant

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

The best rated on Cagematch is Mansoor vs Cesaro. Probably because it was surprisingly competent match (Cesaro working hard to make him look good).

There's some other middlecard matches that are rated 3+ stars by WON, but I don't think anything got four.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

flatluigi posted:

basically everything non-wwe related that dbry has said publicly in recent times is wanting to work in japan, with the real weird caveat that he wants wwe to let him work in japan

i don't think there's any way a new wwe contract would allow him to work with other companies even if he was still at peak yes movement popularity, and i'd hope that them not even considering that in deliberations would be enough for him to look for contracts elsewhere

he's been building up NXT Japan

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'

Lid posted:

So far the actualwresyling clips i've seen of NXT have een "gently caress these are some good wrestlers" rather than the Eva and Dana stuff yesterday. I'd rather poo poo on stuff deserving to be poo poo on but Saree doing awesome suplexes and Leon Ruff v Killshot being great isn't feeling like real issues.
If "good wrestling in a vacuum" is the objective then WWE has it in spades. But unfortunately they also have awful storytelling, a failure to convey any sense of stakes, and stale presentation across like 12 hours of weekly television.

Not that you are suggesting anything to the contrary, just wanna say I also appreciate the cool gifs in this thread since WWE has killed my motivation to invest any time in NXT!

Iskanderson
Apr 16, 2009

Not really, no. Even the matches involving the good wrestlers are bogged down by what I'm sure is intense heat and jet lag.

Watching Goldberg and Undertaker nearly kill each other as their match falls apart is an interesting spectacle though.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I wonder if they try to make the Saudi blood money shows again.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I've reached the point where even the streamables are too much effort for me now

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Invalid Validation posted:

100% definitely

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm pretty sure they don't have a choice, they're in the ten year contract.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Who are you meant to be rooting for in Theory/Kross?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Watch the first Saudi show if you want to see a bunch of royalty sitting at ringside staring away from the hard cam

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SonicRulez posted:

Who are you meant to be rooting for in Theory/Kross?

Kross

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Watch the first Saudi show if you want to see a bunch of royalty sitting at ringside staring away from the hard cam

those loving recliners they had for the floor seats were ridiculous

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Raskolnikov38 posted:

those loving recliners they had for the floor seats were ridiculous

To be fair, if I was forced to sit through a WWE blood money show I'd also want a comfy chair to fall asleep in.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

But...but isn't Kross the new monster heel with a spooky manager? The Way seems goofy, but I was under the impression they were a goofy heel faction.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I also liked Jericho doing "The List" bit to complete silence

0konner
Nov 17, 2016

I WAS THERE
WHEN CODY RHODES
FINISHED THE STORY

SonicRulez posted:

But...but isn't Kross the new monster heel with a spooky manager? The Way seems goofy, but I was under the impression they were a goofy heel faction.

I thought his promo a couple weeks ago was pure babyface just talking about how he’s ready to take on all comers for his belt. I cannot explain why his wife still demands we fall and pray to him.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

2019 Super Showdown was amazing:

- Another fuckin Rollins/Corbin title match
- Best In The World Shane (with stooge Drew McIntyre) destroys Roman
- They feed Lucha House Party to new unstoppable monster Lars Sullivan but....don't have him actually win?
- TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES of Orton/Hunter (longest match of the show, even longer than the 51-man battle royal)
- Goldberg nearly kills self, Undertaker

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

watching Golberg/Undertaker as it happened was amazing, it was on during work hours my time so I just had it on in the background and when Taker started giving Goldberg shoot tombstone piledrivers, i was like :eyepop:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Fightful posted:

Fightful has spoken with several talent about the expiration of Daniel Bryan's WWE contract, and what they think is in store for the future Hall of Famer. WWE sources indicated that backstage, Bryan didn't make a big deal about his contract expiring, and many only heard it through the grapevine over the past few weeks as opposed to from Bryan himself.

When inquiring with sources in Ring of Honor, they said they expect ROH to make contact and at least make an effort to bring him in for some appearance at the minimum, noting the company hasn't been completely out of contact with him in recent years.

Two AEW talent we spoke with said they fully expect Bryan to remain with WWE, with one outright saying they've heard he's staying with WWE. Of course we've not been able to confirm that, as it's just speculation.

As someone who's thought from the beginning he's staying, him not making a big deal about his deal ending isn't something you do if you're 100% about it

See also Moxley

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

0konner posted:

I thought his promo a couple weeks ago was pure babyface just talking about how he’s ready to take on all comers for his belt. I cannot explain why his wife still demands we fall and pray to him.

It's probably some Qanon thing.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Chris James 2 posted:

As someone who's thought from the beginning he's staying, him not making a big deal about his deal ending isn't something you do if you're 100% about it

See also Moxley
Man I hope you're right

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

Until we hear The Final Countdown somewhere I am not getting my hopes up.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

LionYeti posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ljFm3xueaVM

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

The scale of the blood money is honestly incredible.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Did they ever actually get paid the contracted amount? I know they were struggling to get payment a couple times.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

The scale of the blood money is honestly incredible.

As good or better than Wrestlemania :eng101:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

LionYeti posted:

Same, I've been let down too many times to even give the smallest poo poo about this until there's something more solid to suggest he might leave. Also tonight is B+G so who cares if he wants to have another ten years wrestling Baron Corbin

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Did they ever actually get paid the contracted amount? I know they were struggling to get payment a couple times.
IIRC everything has come in but there was at least one very funny "We are owed
$50M in payments from...a partner" line in an old financial statement.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Isn’t Mansoor that terrible actual literal 4channer who used to get NXT people to say slurs on his twitch stream as a joke or am I thinking of someone else.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

History Comes Inside! posted:

Isn’t Mansoor that terrible actual literal 4channer who used to get NXT people to say slurs on his twitch stream as a joke or am I thinking of someone else.

Yeah him and Mace I think

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

flashy_mcflash posted:

Yeah him and Mace I think

And Dijakovic.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

761k/.18, 21st

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Pylons posted:

761k/.18, 21st

drat Curse of Oak Island cleaning up

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Alaois posted:

drat Curse of Oak Island cleaning up

my partner’s dad and his friends seem to exclusively watch poo poo like this. like i try to talk to them about sports and i just get a bunch of stunned, stupid animals staring back at me. it’s loving weird for so many reasons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

History Comes Inside! posted:

yeah he went to the "he will not divide us" installation with milk chugging white supremacists and did an anti semitic gesture to the camera