Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

Carth Dookie posted:

This is your fault
Seriously.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!

I've been seeing a few of these local to me for sale for big $$$ as well. Mostly mid-70s C10s though, but some F100s

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Closed until I get home and look through this.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

DoubleT2172 posted:

Oh lordy not again

Yeah lets never see that again thanks. Keep this thread vaguely on topic and do NOT discuss posters.

Thanks and have a nice day

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Can we still post the funniest "invested" finds or is that faux pas now?

Mustache Ride fucked around with this message at 18:28 on May 7, 2021

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Why would you ever put that front end on. Why god why.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

Elmnt80 posted:

That’s a stock front end from an ‘88 Blazer or Suburban.

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Elmnt80 posted:

Choose your fighter.

Rpo v22 1985 GMC for me.

Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

Darchangel posted:

That’s a stock front end from an ‘88 Blazer or Suburban.

Yeah, but its uggo.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Choose your fighter.

Rpo v22 1985 GMC for me.

My dad had a ‘73 back in the the late ‘70s, so I have a soft spot for them. Personally, I like the ‘83-4 v22. Or the v22 ‘89.

Elmnt80 posted:

Yeah, but its uggo.

That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

I think it's funny you're wigging out on the front end and not the unpainted fender, green and orange in the engine bay or whatever the hell is going on with the rear axle.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Here's some gold, but not the usual kind you find searching for "invested"

https://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/d/portland-iso-new-home-for-dear-dusty/7302976624.html

quote:

[4/12 UPDATE] SOLD: Dusty has a new home.

I'm leaving the ad up just because I've gotten a number of emails from people for no other reason than to say they enjoyed reading it. I'm thinking why not leave it up for the rest of the month so others may enjoy it as well. Cheers.

-----

Looking to find a new home for good ol' Dusty, my trusty black 1998 Subaru Outback Sport (Impreza-style wagon).

Bum luck on a broken timing belt.

I’ve invested too much in hospital visits (repairs) lately to throw down and get him fixed up again, especially considering I’ve been thinking of going carless for years. (Please don’t share that last bit with him.) I hear ya, Universe, I hear ya: time to find him a new and better home. My loss, your gain.

Promise to patch him up and take him out regularly for exercise? He deserves it. He’s mature, but still loves fresh air and running down long winding roads; a fun stretch of curves makes him sing with joy. Prefers space to breathe and move about over insufferably long periods communing with lots of other cars. He’s not anti-social or anything, it’s just not his scene.

I’m the first and only parent (owner) and have his full health history (service records) since birth. He has all his shots, just needs someone to take over the required hospital procedure to fix strained (bent) heart (engine) valves due to the aforementioned muscle (timing belt) tearing while out on his last jaunt up the mountain. No. Not last. Poor choice of words. Sorry, Dusty. Latest jaunt, latest is what I meant. More jaunts to be had.

Older gentleman but still lots of life left in him (low 177,084 miles). He's had a couple of knocks (minor accidents) but recovered well enough to make them distant memories. He's also been violated a few times... Once long, long ago, someone ripped out his vocal cords (stereo), and more recently, one party sucked out his life-force (battery) while another... tragically... took him for a "joy" ride without our permission... the nerve of some people... sigh.

And yes, he is a gentleman. He has a stick and won’t play without manual handling. (Didn't *that* take an unexpected turn!? Tell me about it, bad turns are what led to this post.) He doesn’t understand how other cars can be so easy as to routinely be called automatic. Disgraceful, really. Engaged intimacy is where it's at. Passive, inattentive drivers need not apply.

Recent rehabs include:

New heater core
New battery after the rude overnight mugging
New transmission and clutch following the kidnapping episode, after which his interior was fully detailed
New radiator

Don’t judge him by his weather-worn skin. He's enjoyed being dirty, and I didn't have the heart to force him into regular showers. I know, I'm a bad parent. I don't think he's beyond training, though, and can even imagine his eventually taking a liking to showers like other grown-up cars.

He comes with after-market alloy wheels, an amp and wiring to run a sub, stereo w/ CD player and aux-in cable, remote keyless entry, jumper cables, chains, club security device, new jack, spare gas canister, …

My trusted mechanic (Superior Import Repair on E Burnside) roughly estimates $3k to fix the valves so he can run smoothly once again. Until then he rests, patiently awaiting your attention and care.

I can help with arranging a tow to a location of your choosing w/in 100 miles.

ausgezeichnet
Sep 18, 2005

In my country this is definitely not offensive!
Nap Ghost
Party up front, funeral in the back. Methinks Gary has his head in a glue bag if he thinks this is going to bring 35 large.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

that El Dorino rules

StormDrain
May 22, 2003

Thirteen Letter

Darchangel posted:

My dad had a ‘73 back in the the late ‘70s, so I have a soft spot for them. Personally, I like the ‘83-4 v22. Or the v22 ‘89.

That’s just, like, your opinion, man.

Yeah I'm partial to the Gmc mid 80s for the same reason. Dad's old diesel flatbed.

Dual stacked headlights are the best. I think the worst are the ones that look like you couldn't afford the bottom headlight. 1982 standard.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Mustache Ride posted:

Can we still post the funniest "invested" finds or is that faux pas now?

Genuinely shocked there are no maga/Trump banners in the photos.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!

slidebite posted:

"There on the new truk, just gotta sell this 'un an' I can get the new rimmzz".

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

slidebite posted:

Confederate plate on the front tho. Still a shithead.

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

StormDrain posted:

Choose your fighter.

Rpo v22 1985 GMC for me.

1984 standard chevy.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

StormDrain posted:

Yeah I'm partial to the Gmc mid 80s for the same reason. Dad's old diesel flatbed.

Dual stacked headlights are the best. I think the worst are the ones that look like you couldn't afford the bottom headlight. 1982 standard.

Agreed, and for pretty much that reason. It just looks awkward, like something is missing (because it is.).

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
A bit rusty but you folks love this car dont you?

https://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/d/akron-1988-jeep-grand-wagoneer/7317626842.html

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Yes, but with it being from NY, I'm going to assume that there is literally no chassis or floorpans underneath.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

i own every Bionicle posted:

Goddamn does that look like a good time for track days.

- cheaper one.

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Coredump posted:

- cheaper one.
Cheaper yes, anything like the one previously linked no. They're pretty fun cars to drive stock but the 2ZZ swap is going to wake it up and all the other work is going to make it handle way better.

Previously linked MR2 setup for autocross or track duty - https://seattle.craigslist.org/see/cto/d/everett-2zz-toyota-mr2/7313996314.html

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

I’m not the biggest fan of those MR Spyders, but I have always liked them to a degree. With the prices of stock ones hovering around that 10k mark I would 100% buy the 2ZZ swapped one.
The difference in price is barely the price of a motor, never mind all the other work.

If it were close to me I might just buy it anyway.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

I like them things too. But I really really really really want a Mustang convertible. Preferably a 65-66, but also a Fox body would do.
Though they're getting expensive as hell and the SN95 body styles which I kinda sorta like are still reasonable price.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

I wonder how the market for totally unmolested fox bodies will pan out in the collectors market. They have to be rare at this point. :v:

Tomarse
Mar 7, 2001

Grr

Nebakenezzer posted:

https://www.nlclassifieds.com/1985-...3096087?b=10144

1985 Mazda RX7 1.1 L Rotary Auto Transmission
Has around 115000 Kms on it Originally a Lab City Vehicle.
Needs gas tank replaced as it is leaking when filled above 1/2 way. New tank is $600.00 US
Car is in excellent shape for the year and worth every cent. Will not sell for a cent under $4000.00 so no need to ask. I will not reply.
Car is in storage for another 2-3 weeks but the pictures are a true indication of condition.
I drove it From St. John's to Corner Brook two years ago without an issue. Been in storage ever since.

If that RX7 doesn't take your fancy then this one is also available on ebay right now...
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/124711372749?hash=item1d096087cd

no lube so what
Apr 11, 2021

Imperador do Brasil posted:

I’m not the biggest fan of those MR Spyders, but I have always liked them to a degree. With the prices of stock ones hovering around that 10k mark I would 100% buy the 2ZZ swapped one.
The difference in price is barely the price of a motor, never mind all the other work.

If it were close to me I might just buy it anyway.

I agree with this. I'm in middle of the 2zz swap myself. https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3964857

That white one I posted isn't a terrible deal. In my head, a nice clean stock chassis is worth ~3k, the hard top is worth ~3k, and a 2zz/6speed swap costs ~3-5k for most people. With that car, you get the work done, body kit, fresh bushings, coil overs, race seat, cool wheels, etc for 1-3k? To me it's a roll cage and not much more away from a turn key track car. Probably not fun to street drive with those spring rates and stiff clutch.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

Colostomy Bag posted:

I wonder how the market for totally unmolested fox bodies will pan out in the collectors market. They have to be rare at this point. :v:

I don't know what they're *actually* worth, besides whatever someone will pay for them, but a few weeks ago I was looking on Auto trader and some in pretty decent shape were in the 20+ thousand range. A few in the 30s and at least one (an ASC McLaren) that had an asking price of about 40,000.

Thats :canada: dollars though

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Colostomy Bag posted:

They're in the mid $20k right now if you buy retail.

Nebakenezzer
Sep 13, 2005

The Mote in God's Eye

So awhile ago I posted this:

And I've an update:

quote:

1997 Buick Regal for parts. I bought this car to get the drive train for a project. It had the 3800 supercharged engine which I kept for my project. It was a Alberta car and in good condition except or some paint Pilling off. Will sell complete body or part it out.

I mean, without a drivetrain, the level best I can imagine is putting the same supercharged drivetrain back in

was there ever a manual for the transverse 3.8L?

quote:

1992 Lexus SC400, $5000 :canada:

Driven 304,350 km
Automatic transmission
Exterior color: Black · Interior color: Grey

1992 Lexus SC400. Car is now out of storage.

To answer the many questions up front...

Yes it’s automatic. Yes it’s a 4.0 V8. Yes it really has just over 304,xxx km. Yes this motor is on the top 10 list of all time.

Yes the timing belt has been done, and I replaced the water pump the same time.

Yes the hydro fan has been removed and now has electric cooling fans.

I’ve deleted the a/c for more power as I was going to use it in Stephenville this year. Ac is still on the car.

Everything works, and yes there is almost zero rust! This car spent most of its life in Ontario. For inspection... it could do with a rear shock for inspection, if it were me I’d do the rear axle seals too.

Just had it out for a drive - runs great!!

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

I'm only posting this because I'm hoping someone else buys it before I do.

Eat This Glob
Jan 14, 2008

God is dead. God remains dead. And we have killed him. Who will wipe this blood off us? What festivals of atonement, what sacred games shall we need to invent?

GnarlyCharlie4u posted:

I'm only posting this because I'm hoping someone else buys it before I do.

Someone from AI needs to own this. goodness gracious

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Lloyd already does, mostly.

McTinkerson
Jul 5, 2007

Dreaming of Shock Diamonds

I originally read the ad as a "built RB20" and I got really interested.

Late Fees
Jan 8, 2004
Your fees are valid.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/527112762003652/?ref=saved&referral_code=null

quote:

1908 Del sol Mid-engine vq35de

Lets get the AVAILABILITY out the way.....YES

Honda civic del sol crx...whatever

Mid-engine RWD del sol
Nissan vq35de swap
It needs an ecu thats tunable....then tuned.
It's running currently on an auto, maxima ecu.
6 speed
Turbonetics turbo
Runs and drives
There are a few things needed to be complete but its things like bleed the brakes better, bleed the clutch better. Remove some old, unused wiring. Some paint maybe.....all the hard, time consuming stuff is DONE.
It is a project but 99% complete.
All info for those interested
I have a few videos too...

Open to whatever trades....but mostly want a crx.
Wanting to trade, so i have no set cash price. If you'd like to offer cash, feel free, i just dont have a set number....

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

If this is a scam, bravo for writing a good one. $2000.

https://sfbay.craigslist.org/pen/bar/d/san-mateo-1985-pontiac-fiero/7315197661.html

I'd probably buy it if I had room.

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

Why this person went through all the work of installing a early VQ with all of the lovely timing component issues and oil burning when they could have done the same thing with a gen 2 (07 and newer VQ) that is basically bulletproof is..well..it escapes me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Probably got it for free or very little money probably, or didn't know poo poo about the motor until after they put it in :v: