Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Alaois posted:

okay hear me out: what if, instead of a crash pad, MJF put Jericho in a barrel that was on top of the cage for some reason and then pushed him off

they're too big for cracker barrel now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Alaois posted:

okay hear me out: what if, instead of a crash pad, MJF put Jericho in a barrel that was on top of the cage for some reason and then pushed him off

Only if Sammy then jumped over it as it rolled towards him

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
every match should have been better and had better endings. maybe like a CYOA kind of thing??? just a thought. might have to tape for an extra day though

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Huntman posted:

in their partnership with Warner Brothers and Mortal Kombat, MJF should have froze Jericho and pushed him onto the concrete to shatter into a billion pieces

theres a middle ground between friendships and fatalities

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
Honestly the most impressive thing AEW does is always managing to announce a card for the next week that intrigues me. I'd tune in regardless, but they're just like YUJI NAGATA WILL BE IN A TITLE MATCH NEXT WEEK so I'm actively looking forward to the next week.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I do hope that uh, Max ran that Dark Side of the Ring line by Pillman ahead of the show. That was dark.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011
So I'm guessing either Miro wins the title next week, or shenanigans ensue and he wins the TNT at Double or Nothing in a rematch

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Seriously though there's going to be so many good shots of MJF mugging on top of that cage

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Yeah I figure if anyone beats Darby now it's gotta be Miro. (Though Allin's also apparently a big ratings draw so they may just keep this rolling.)

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

NutritiousSnack posted:

So I'm guessing either Miro wins the title next week, or shenanigans ensue and he wins the TNT at Double or Nothing in a rematch

it'd be some schmozz but i really like miro getting angry at the idea that he might win the belt by forfeit without a fight next week and refusing to let that happen

i'd still rather that resolve by him going to the hospital/breaking into darby's house and having the fight there instead of pushing the fight to happen at the ppv though

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
What if he defeated him with a well timed sunset flip, ala Kevin Steen

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Davros1 posted:

Brian Cage? Just because he beat the number one contender doesn't make him the number one contender. I think he moved up to three in the rankings

cage went to 4, hangman dropped to 5. OC is 1 (I think kenny erroneously said it was PAC during the promo?), PAC is 2, mox is 3

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

it'd be some schmozz but i really like miro getting angry at the idea that he might win the belt by forfeit without a fight next week and refusing to let that happen

i'd still rather that resolve by him going to the hospital/breaking into darby's house and having the fight there instead of pushing the fight to happen at the ppv though

Miro breaks into Darby's house to find him and have his match, only to discover Darby's house is a weird hosed up Tony Hawk level where everything is a ramp or a pool or a rail

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Alaois posted:

Miro breaks into Darby's house to find him and have his match, only to discover Darby's house is a weird hosed up Tony Hawk level where everything is a ramp or a pool or a rail

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Alaois posted:

He has to spell D-A-R-B-Y with sick tricks to get the actual match

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

AEW is so good at telling you what's happening next week. I'm super pumped for next week! It's just great classic booking

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

Procrastinator posted:

cage went to 4, hangman dropped to 5. OC is 1 (I think kenny erroneously said it was PAC during the promo?), PAC is 2, mox is 3

I think that was Kenny implying OC isn’t a legit wrestler / he doesn’t follow the rankings (right after talking about how it’s good they have rankings).

I liked that Kenny promo quite a bit.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Alaois posted:

That's his back yard, his house has a wrestling ring in the basement where Kentucky lives.

Joey McChrist
Aug 8, 2005

you see no obvious PA system and yet "superman" by goldfinger never stops playing

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

aw i did some more research and apparently this (the PAS house) never got built for real as far as i can tell. have another great image of it:

this one does exist over in the UK though

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I feel like the ending where Sammy surrendered should have been better conveyed, at least to the live audience. It wasn’t that audial on tv so I imagine it would be very WTF in person. Maybe have Sammy on top of the cage as well.

Despite that I loved it. This whole episode FELT huge, in no small part to the hot crowd. This match is going to have some iconic MJF for years to come.

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

MotU posted:

every match should have been better and had better endings. maybe like a CYOA kind of thing??? just a thought. might have to tape for an extra day though

I still miss when Youtube had annotations and people made CYOA FMV games for it

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Admittedly I'm in a pretty poo poo mood so that could be coloring my perception but I disliked a lot of that show.

I will say in general I loving DESPISE The Acclaimed. Like I'm not even saying in a boo heel kind of way. gently caress Max Caster, he's a low-rent, somehow worse, less talented, tackier version of Thuganomics Cena drat near 20 years past its due date. He sucks sucks sucks SUCKS. I seriously don't ever remember a wrestler having more of a visceral go away heat with me.

Kenny's schtick is already starting to wear a little thin with me tbh, though it's a peculiar situation where it's obviously the right thing to do Belt Collector Kenny so even though I'm cooling off on it in terms of personal enjoyment I like what they're doing with it? I guess?

I love Mox and Kingston as a tag team and I'm PRETTY sure this is leading to them hopefully beating the Bucks at DoN or at least having a barnburner of a match. I'm alright with that.

Ethan Page sucks and if they're seriously doing him vs. Sting, I couldn't possibly be less enthused.

OC is great and all but I really hope it's PAC/Kenny at DoN.

The Pinnacle is a great idea on paper being executed in a way that decidedly has me thinking "meh, whatever" in week to week execution and Blood and Guts being a wall-to-wall heel heat extravaganza after the build it got left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know where the hell AEW is going with MJF with Kenny as champ.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Alaois posted:

I don't think Jericho shares the Great Sasuke's particular death wish.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

The Pinnacle is a great idea on paper being executed in a way that decidedly has me thinking "meh, whatever" in week to week execution and Blood and Guts being a wall-to-wall heel heat extravaganza after the build it got left a really bad taste in my mouth, and I don't know where the hell AEW is going with MJF with Kenny as champ.

Does it.. really matter?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 41 hours!

flatluigi posted:

aw i did some more research and apparently this (the PAS house) never got built for real as far as i can tell. have another great image of it:

this one does exist over in the UK though

https://twitter.com/tonyhawk/status/1389353161538760704

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

yea ok posted:

man i'm glad i enjoy wrestling lol

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
I liked the Omega-Cassidy stuff but I would have had OC pull out another pair of sunglasses and put them on after they left. it's a great gag

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Bard Maddox posted:

I liked the Omega-Cassidy stuff but I would have had OC pull out another pair of sunglasses and put them on after they left. it's a great gag

i think it'd have been a good punchline but you can save that punchline for after OC goes over PAC next week

hell, even have OC come out without the shades until then

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bard Maddox posted:

That would've been good. It felt like he needed to do something and a physical angle was wrong but it was still pretty good.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Pylons posted:

Does it.. really matter?

I mean this was supposed to be a blowoff for Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle and probably should have been, MJF PROBABLY isn't gonna beat Darby (I think Miro is), and who the hell else is the Pinnacle gonna feud with/what are they gonna do if the leader of the "best faction in AEW" isn't gonna go after a title, so...yes? Just 6 months or whatever of samey-rear end smug MJF promos with no faces to at least try to shut him uo? Hard pass.

I guess maybe they might do an MJF/Sammy singles feud, which now that I think on it I'd probably be okay with.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean this was supposed to be a blowoff for Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle and probably should have been, MJF PROBABLY isn't gonna beat Darby (I think Miro is), and who the hell else is the Pinnacle gonna feud with/what are they gonna do if the leader of the "best faction in AEW" isn't gonna go after a title, so...yes? Just 6 months or whatever of samey-rear end smug MJF promos with no faces to at least try to shut him uo? Hard pass.

I guess maybe they might do an MJF/Sammy singles feud, which now that I think on it I'd probably be okay with.

They've been pretty clear that they see this as a mid-point to the feud, not the blowoff.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Pylons posted:

They've been pretty clear that they see this as a mid-point to the feud, not the blowoff.

jericho outright called it "a beginning" on twitter

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
Aew really needs to get a better director. Fun match and show though. I enjoy watching aew wrestling

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

SamuraiFoochs posted:

maybe.... wait and see

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Jordan7hm posted:

I think that was Kenny implying OC isn’t a legit wrestler / he doesn’t follow the rankings (right after talking about how it’s good they have rankings).

I liked that Kenny promo quite a bit.

yes I did not mean to imply that he was not doing it on purpose, i just could not accurately remember if he said pac was number 1 or not.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

born on a buy you posted:

Aew really needs to get a better director. Fun match and show though. I enjoy watching aew wrestling

This is really the only big criticism I have of AEW, Tony should be willing to let people go who stink at their job and the director is bad.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

flatluigi posted:

jericho outright called it "a beginning" on twitter

Well then yawn, sorry. I'm just pretty cold on Jericho tbh, probably for non-wrestling reasons, and the only members of the Inner Circle whom I don't have decidedly mixed feelings on are P&P. gently caress Hager, and Jericho and Sammy I'm creaky hand on for reasons unrelated to wrestling.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
we haven't had any matches with the pinnacle/inner circle people individually since the former faction debuted, other than the B+G match and jericho/dax with tyson at ringside. we'll probably see those happen over the upcoming months, and mjf/sammy is a money match they can have at a ppv easily

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
It is almost midnight and I am still giggling that Max had a line in his rap about Brian Pillman Jr's dad dying and the fact that Pillman Jr probably thought it was really cool and something his dad would have done.