Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
watching aew dynamite right now. up to the cody match. looking forward to seeing 'platinum' max caster.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
The Acclaimed are actually pretty good and are only going to get better. For two singles guys that TK put together, they have good chemistry together.

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I mean this was supposed to be a blowoff for Pinnacle vs. Inner Circle and probably should have been, MJF PROBABLY isn't gonna beat Darby (I think Miro is), and who the hell else is the Pinnacle gonna feud with/what are they gonna do if the leader of the "best faction in AEW" isn't gonna go after a title, so...yes? Just 6 months or whatever of samey-rear end smug MJF promos with no faces to at least try to shut him uo? Hard pass.

I guess maybe they might do an MJF/Sammy singles feud, which now that I think on it I'd probably be okay with.

People just gonna ignore the story being to told and replace it with their head canon, huh? This was never, ever promoted as the blow off, more like the ignition point. Maybe you are just having a bad day, amigo.

All in all, I thought it was a good show and a good-to-great main event, poor camera angle on the Jericho spot notwithstanding. Next week looks amazing too. I hope you aren't setting yourself up for more disappointment though, thinking that Mox/Kingston are beating the Bucks.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

amaranth posted:

People just gonna ignore the story being to told and replace it with their head canon, huh?

where do you think you are amigo lol

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

Alaois posted:

I thought I was in the den of the Wardog and he looked awesome tonight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i was prepping a challenge for Awful Survivor during most of the match and whenever i tried to check in on the match it was in PiP :(

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

amaranth posted:

I thought I was in the den of the Wardog and he looked awesome tonight.

you were right about that, at least

:wardlow:

fez_machine
Nov 27, 2004

Alaois posted:

The problem with the finish was that Sammy said "I Acquit"

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
sammy was talking with jerichos voice at the end

bebaloorpabopalo
Nov 23, 2005

I'm not interested in constructive criticism, believe me.
half the forum worked themselves into thinking bryan danielson was showing up so people will find literally any excuse to be disappointed

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004
I will say that I know why they went with Jericho taking the fall, as he is apparently off for a Fozzy tour soon, but to me it would have made more sense if Jericho had been the one to surrender to save his boy Sammy from being thrown off the cage. Sammy would have taken a gnarlier bump too, most likely.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

half the forum worked themselves into thinking bryan danielson was showing up so people will find literally any excuse to be disappointed

Nah, I just am stuck in a situation where I kinda dislike both factions and I fully admit that with The Pinnacle that's like 95% just down to MJF being an incredible heel (the other 5% being that Shawn Spears sucks and has always sucked) so the idea of them continuing to feud for the next god knows how long leaves me kinda cold. P&P/FTR and Sammy/MJF will be baller feuds though, I'll give y'all that.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

amaranth posted:

I will say that I know why they went with Jericho taking the fall, as he is apparently off for a Fozzy tour soon, but to me it would have made more sense if Jericho had been the one to surrender to save his boy Sammy from being thrown off the cage. Sammy would have taken a gnarlier bump too, most likely.

Sammy bump would have been objectively better for the match, but I'm operating under the assumption we're seeing the tail end of Jericho's meaningful in-ring career, so I'm relatively forgiving of him taking a defining bump in the debut of a defining match. Hope they have a good angle in the can they can use for replays. (Also, remind me to retroactively say the ending was bad if he's still active and main-event adjacent this time next year)

I also got sold on the specific players in the finish when someone suggested MJF would take the opening to draw parallels between the MJF/Cody towel-throw and the Sammy/Jericho surrender

The Bee
Nov 25, 2012

Making his way to the ring . . .
from Deep in the Jungle . . .

The Big Monkey!

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

I'm amazed anyone thought Bryan'd show up this soon. The blood ink hasn't even finished drying on his last WWE contract! I still think he might blow in this direction, but not for at least a month or two.

born on a buy you
Aug 14, 2005

Odd Fullback
Bird Gang
Sack Them All
I really hate these faction and their but I’m hyped for the feuds between 6 of the 10 members of the factions. they’re not related at all though.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

This is definitely making up people that don't exist to complain about them. No sane person thought Bryan would show up tonight and Bryan's doing NJPW, CMLL anyway, his words.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
I did think Bryan was going to show up tonight. Luckily, I also think that he did show up tonight and he was just too shy to be on camera, so I enjoyed the TV show

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Can't imagine DB coming out to stare down loving MJF or something, completely wasting his television day premier (even if he really is leaving the WWE)

Duke Pukem
Oct 23, 2010

Three cheers for dark beer!

amaranth posted:

Just checking the tour dates and it doesnt really start until september, so thats not the reason.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

SamuraiFoochs posted:

I'm creaky hand on

but you said you didn't like Max Caster

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
the american dragon bryan danielson will be making his non-wwe wrestling return by wrestling alberto del rio. sorry to be the one to break to you.

The Taxman
Jan 2, 2007

greetings sweeties, let me give you a back massage. for i am a whiz!

Eat My Fuc posted:

This is definitely making up people that don't exist to complain about them. No sane person thought Bryan would show up tonight and Bryan's doing NJPW, CMLL anyway, his words.

Multiple people have toxxed for this exact thing

Ringo Roadagain
Mar 27, 2010

wonder if for future matches they should increase the time from 2 minutes to 3 minutes. was happy at first when they announced 2 minutes but a few times it felt like not enough time, because as this is for tv, there is a bit more playing things up to the camera between brawling. noticed this during the long shot that lingered on spear face during his 2 minutes and thgouht that having an extra minute of wardlow domminating would have helped. He of course had that really awesome moment later in the match, but yeah.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Duke Pukem posted:

Just checking the tour dates and it doesnt really start until september, so thats not the reason.

And Jericho has made it pretty clear they are going to tour in a way that let's him do Dynamite. I assume this just writes Jericho off so MJF can gloat and say he retired Jericho, Jericho returns after NBA season and everyone calls him Hogan.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
oh man next week's show looks loving stacked. can't wait for mox vs nagata. pac vs orange. all this good poo poo. aew owns.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

The Taxman posted:

Multiple people have toxxed for this exact thing

they should have read the interviews instead of the pull quotes from the tweets or something. he'd be the biggest name they've ever acquired they're not going to just surprise debut him, I don't think he'll ever go there but maybe, he definitely wants to work Japan and Mexico though, he's already peaked in America multiple times.

amaranth
Jul 11, 2004

Duke Pukem posted:

Huh. Fair enough, I read that somewhere else and never thought to fact check it. That'll teach me. Well, I still hope Jericho sells it by staying off TV for few weeks.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Eat My Fuc posted:

they should have read the interviews instead of the pull quotes from the tweets or something. he'd be the biggest name they've ever acquired they're not going to just surprise debut him, I don't think he'll ever go there but maybe, he definitely wants to work Japan and Mexico though, he's already peaked in America multiple times.
You're straight up arguing your own point into the ground here. If he's leaving and wants to work Japan and Mexico, why wouldn't he sign with a company where he can do both?

Mox, Miro and Jericho, as well as others, are all on "can work japan or mexico" contracts. I don't really think it goes one way or the other, but he's going to look at how Mox got out of the company, not yell from the roof tops he's going straight to Jacksonville.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Spiderdrake posted:

You're straight up arguing your own point into the ground here. If he's leaving and wants to work Japan and Mexico, why wouldn't he sign with a company where he can do both?

Mox, Miro and Jericho, as well as others, are all on "can work japan or mexico" contracts.

Because he doesn't want to work AEW? I'm not arguing any point, actually listen to his interviews and read them and not just reactions here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Seams posted:

oh man next week's show looks loving stacked. can't wait for mox vs nagata. pac vs orange. all this good poo poo. aew owns.

Nagata on AEW would be a must watch show for me any other week and next week it's only my 3rd most anticipated match!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

bebaloorpabopalo posted:

Guilty as charged. My dumb rear end was hoping he was going to be announced as Kenny's opponent at DoN, even though it would've defeated the entire purpose of the ranking system and been classic Sports Entertainment BullshitTM of a big name marching into a promotion and immediately competing for the top belt.

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 05:53 on May 6, 2021

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

next week looks loaded as hell

El Generico
Feb 3, 2009

Birds revere you and consider you one of their own.

You are welcome in their holy places.

Eat My Fuc posted:

Because he doesn't want to work AEW? I'm not arguing any point, actually listen to his interviews and read them and not just reactions here

The thing is, I don't believe what anybody says while they're in the process of leaving WWE. Daniel Bryan could be talking about not wanting to go to AEW for the same reason Dean Ambrose talked about being done with wrestling in general. They don't want WWE to bury them, or find a dumb contractual reason to hold them up.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Guilty as charged. My dumbass was hoping he was going to be announced as Kenny's opponent at DoN, even though it would've defeated the entire purpose of the ranking system and been classic Sports Entertainment BullshitTM of a big name marching into a promotion an immediately competing for the top belt.

it's not exactly hard to write: kenny doesn't think anyone in aew's a good challenge so he pulled some strings and got someone he knows will at least be some fun; cue debut. have him act like he's bought into kenny's deal until the title match, where kenny goes alright, that's enough, time to go home' and then dbry goes 'nah' and kicks his head off. it's swervy but kenny's storyline is the sort of thing you can swerve with

without a debut, orange is a fun matchup and can believably go over pac (especially if cassidy continues to get to the point quicker like he's done in other matches these days). i'd love to see cassidy go over but i think it's way too early for kenny to start dropping belts + him going over PAC would at least push the DT/BFs angle some more

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
(I assume) Onita hated the explosion match so much he's relaunching FMW as FMWE where every match is an Explosive match.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ff0e81422d3ac94706509c04a283b9cb12669bb7

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

I liked most of Blood & Guts, only tweak I would’ve made to tighten up the finish would’ve been having MJF threaten to throw Jericho towards the audience on to the concrete and then running him over the stage to toss him after the bell. At the very least, I think that would’ve been more clear to the live audience what was going on.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

It was mostly a one match show for me and that's ok with me because I love War Games. Everything before that was solid undercard but nothing stands out (except that I too dislike the Acclaimed a ton) but really it shouldn't have stood out enough to overshadow the main event so I'm cool with that and not gonna nitpick what I didn't like. It served its purpose to get me hyped.

The match itself I thought was a good Wargames with a weak ending. I don't care about the "soft" spot. I have no desire to watch people Darby Allin themselves. Maybe I would have not had him fall through the fake steel plates because that just looked cartoony. But mostly I just thought that last part of the match was poorly constructed. Telling the story of the Inner Circle dominating the Pinnacle and then everyone just falling asleep while MJF gets the edge on Jericho on the roof didn't work at all for me. And I just don't remotely care enough about Jericho or the Inner Circle as faces to buy into the premise of the surrender. I do wonder if it would have worked better with Sammy. He's more sympathetic, they spent months building his animosity with MJF and issues. Him being in real danger and Jericho surrendering to save him probably would have been more effective as Jericho making amends and saving his protege. But instead it was just Jericho's lackies surrendering to protect Jericho while MJF's lackies were MIA.

Still, I enjoyed the show, I enjoyed the match. The right team won, the right guy stood tall. Its not gonna go in the annals of history but ah well. I hope they can do more with the Pinnacle going forward and sell them more effectively, and I would love for this to be the end of the Inner Circle. But I'm not holding my breath. I don't see the sense in continuing this feud after this. It all seems backwards to me. But that's a problem for another week. I mostly enjoyed tonight.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lid posted:

(I assume) Onita hated the explosion match so much he's relaunching FMW as FMWE where every match is an Explosive match.

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/articles/ff0e81422d3ac94706509c04a283b9cb12669bb7

Wow, suddenly the ending to Revolution 2021 is the greatest thing to happen in the history of our great sport.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
it has been less than two months since the pinnacle debuted on dynamite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I'm guessing the idea is to sell the Inner Circle as being leaderless for a little bit and having the Pinnacle with the upper hand until he returns. I don't know if that idea works as well with just Sammy being absent, but maybe they could've made it work.