Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

probably trying to eventually phase out the "Backlash" name for SEO reasons

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

WWE BRAZZERS: BLACKEDRAW

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Pope Corky the IX posted:

So who has the massive erection for all this pirate poo poo? They used it two Wrestlemanias in a row, and now "Wrestlemania Backlash"

Raymond James Stadium has a big fuckoff pirate ship in it.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Oh, I thought that was Vince's pirate ship.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Vince found out about early-to-mid 2000s internet and the next WrestleMania will be themed around ninjas

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
It’s because Wrestlemania was in Tampa. Next one will be themed around cowboy Texas stuff or whatever,

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

a cyborg mug posted:

Vince found out about early-to-mid 2000s internet and the next WrestleMania will be themed around ninjas

Well he already loves to use the N word and has a thing for Nazis so it's a perfect fit. Welcome to Something Awful Vincent Kennedy McMahon. Have you heard about Judohobo? I think Big E would be a perfect fit.

Goddamit now I have that midi version of Big Pimpin stuck in my head and I haven't heard that in 20 bloody years. drat you Ronald Hamburger!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTAdzeXaUS4

DogsInSpace! fucked around with this message at 16:22 on May 6, 2021

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

It's a hard one to wrap your head around because pirates are inherently cool and WWE is terminally uncool.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Can’t wait for Vince to get caught up to Hampster Dance.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Ive heard people say it's an overreaction to think Charlotte is overpushed but jfc

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Just have Asuka and Rhea obliterate Charlotte together to start the match, put her through a table and then get down to business. It won't happen but their frustration with the booking should be part of the booking.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

The Notorious ZSB posted:

Just have Asuka and Rhea obliterate Charlotte together to start the match, put her through a table and then get down to business. It won't happen but their frustration with the booking should be part of the booking.
It might happen, just like it did for years with Roman, before he came back to win the match :eng101:

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

RealFoxy posted:

It might happen, just like it did for years with Roman, before he came back to win the match :eng101:

Ah yes exactly what wouldn't be tired at all :suicide:

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

been a long loving time since i thought about this

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Oh, I thought that was Vince's pirate ship.

the tampa team is a pirate variant and they fire the cannons on the ship when the team scores

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Evalution is a mystery, a lot of programs nobody sees

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

graph posted:

been a long loving time since i thought about this

WWE booking is much like Zombo.com

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

The Notorious ZSB posted:

that would require the booking team to have some semblance of self-awareness, which...lmao

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Invalid Validation posted:

Can’t wait for Vince to get caught up to Hampster Dance.

gently caress that .... SATANIC HAMPSTER DANCE!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFgbkchl_a4
like 12 seconds in. Used to be spinning pentagrams and everything cool circa 1998. It should be Aleister Black's new theme. I miss his old theme and that new one is so TNA generic. Remember when WWE was fairly good with themes and intros? Black's theme, Nakamura's theme, Balor's? Hell I still miss Ministry Undertaker, "You Think You Know Me" Edge and the Brood. The Brood theme was the best and with that rising from the fire intro? Awesome.

I still want Aleistar Black to come out and say "Some people believe in good themes and those people are cowards!"

DLC Inc posted:

Ive heard people say it's an overreaction to think Charlotte is overpushed but jfc
I know she has talent but I just can't care. The whole 7 pushed as a 10 so she seems like a 2 thing. I wonder how she would be on the indies where she wasn't just given everything.... or at least the next time she didn't lay off an injured someone their tag mate/friend would feel free to potato her back and tell her to back off. Charlotte, Roman and Shane O Mac just make wwe even worse. Shane O Mac though... brings a whole new level of nepotism that David Flair and Eric Watts could only dream of. Goddamn I am old.

D.N. Nation posted:

WWE booking is much like Zombo.com

Way too cool for the E. WWE is ebaumsworld: shady business practices, does third rate ripoffs of things that were cool a while ago then claiming it was theirs all along plus choc full of paedos and nazis.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Charlotte looks like a completely different person in every picture

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Benne posted:

Charlotte looks like a completely different person in every picture

She’s like Ben-K but not cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Dimebags Brain posted:

She’s like Ben-K but not cool.

to be fair

its hard to be that cool

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
So did Rhea Ripley start losing the high and tight undercut around the time it became obvious that she was being called up to Raw? Because it looks like she's going to gradually transition to being just another long-haired blonde like they stamp them out using a mould.

Can't have our ladies looking distinctive.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Can I do the Smackdown recap for this thread tomorrow

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Can I do the Smackdown recap for this thread tomorrow

Yes please

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

You have to watch smack down though :mrwhite:

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Breetai posted:

So did Rhea Ripley start losing the high and tight undercut around the time it became obvious that she was being called up to Raw? Because it looks like she's going to gradually transition to being just another long-haired blonde like they stamp them out using a mould.

Can't have our ladies looking distinctive.

The same thing happened to Ruby Riott when she got to the main roster. I was shocked when I saw a recent picture of her and she’s back to short hair.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I swear sometimes people post gifs of a botch in a women's match in this thread and I genuinely can't tell which of the multiple identikit blondes just got posted

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

So a news story came on my feed where Renee Young also said that her belongings were sent to her in a trash bag when she left the company

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Lamuella posted:

I swear sometimes people post gifs of a botch in a women's match in this thread and I genuinely can't tell which of the multiple identikit blondes just got posted

At one point in the women's Rumble there were like 4-5 white blondes in the ring at the same time and I honest to God couldn't tell who was who

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

oldpainless posted:

So a news story came on my feed where Renee Young also said that her belongings were sent to her in a trash bag when she left the company
Mickie James was her latest guest on her podcast so that's probably why

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lamuella posted:

The blonde ratio got upped by mickey and the iiconics being let go but at least Eva is here to save us

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Eva vs Charlotte in a "Loser must dye her hair the color of the winner's" match

Pay me Vince you son of a bitch

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Eva vs Charlotte in a "Loser must dye her hair the color of the winner's" match

Pay me Vince you son of a bitch

Asuka ends up leading a growing faction of women who were forced to dye their hair to match hers, only to find that they actually quite like how it looks.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Vagabundo posted:

Asuka ends up leading a growing faction of women who were forced to dye their hair to match hers, only to find that they actually quite like how it looks.

Asuka then has her annual loss to Charlotte and goes blonde, leaving everybody confused.

DogsInSpace!
Sep 11, 2001

Fun Shoe

Grendels Dad posted:

Asuka then has her annual loss to Charlotte and goes blonde, leaving everybody confused.

Asuka dyed her hair blonde and immediately gets a title shot. Vince is heard backstage “Ohhhh I get it now. They are attractive.” then goes back to his secret nazi shrine and bows before a mural of God Emperor Trump.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Well, as four wise men once said, "It's so hard to say goodbye to yesterday." WWE announced a throwback episode of WWE Smackdown tonight, leading many to hope for the return of the fist set that so many loved. Unfortunately, as of noon EST, the original fist was not set up in the arena, and we're told that would generally takes some time to put together because of the size and weight.

No FIST tonight.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Does Charlotte have her own feuds or does she just turn up whenever there's a title match going on without her?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Gonzo McFee posted:

Does Charlotte have her own feuds or does she just turn up whenever there's a title match going on without her?

The latter

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Her last feud was about Lacey Evans loving her father, presumably to Diablerize him.