Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Cup Runneth Over posted:

they are merely arguing that you should take your respirator off because it's weird and offputting, and defending it in any way is suggesting that their N95 isn't good enough and how dare you they are so offended by your clear mental illness

lol, nobody bitching about respirator crew is wearing an N95.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

rabble rabble posted:

this is what I mean, this is a fundamental misunderstanding of how risk post vaccination works

do I really need to point-out that there are other infectious diseases out there that are really bad and can hurt you? these things already exist, with less effective protection available, and life goes on

What communicable airborne diseases do you think are on the level of COVID-19 that people willingly expose themselves to on a daily basis?

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rabble rabble posted:

the word "advocate" means something in this sentence, i think you would do well to consider it's definition

edit: you know what, you're right, I don't want to tell people to not do what they want, i want those people to not tell other people they're doing the wrong thing

thank you for helping me work through my feelings on the subject, it will save my therapist a lot of time

stop posting poo poo like this then

rabble rabble posted:

if you saw someone walking down the street in a business suit wearing a helmet, you might think twice about that. some people might even say, hey, what's with the helmet? this is despite the unarguable fact that walking around with a helmet on is safer than not. all the same, might strike some as overly cautious.

does this help explain your fellow man a bit?

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Penisaurus Sex posted:

What communicable airborne diseases do you think are on the level of COVID-19 that people willingly expose themselves to on a daily basis?

MY FARTS!

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

Do they even have Applebees in Nepal?

Neppalbees

Bruce Hussein Daddy
Dec 26, 2005

I testify that there is none worthy of worship except God and I testify that Muhammad is the Messenger of God
This went from 3 months to 4 months yesterday. I wonder at what point they'll give up, or change it to infinity.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bruce Hussein Daddy posted:

This went from 3 months to 4 months yesterday. I wonder at what point they'll give up, or change it to infinity.

looking forward to it changing to NaN months

Feral Integral
Jun 6, 2006

YOSPOS

lol @ the rabble rabble rabble

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

NeonPunk posted:

So all your posting stems from the necessary feeling that you have to be the right one in a room?

no, how did you get that, are you doing weird projection

this cycle of people pretending posts don't exist earlier in the thread so they can make personal attacks is very interesting when you're on the receiving end, it makes a lot more sense why people are the way they are

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Cup Runneth Over posted:

stop posting poo poo like this then

the gently caress are you talking about, i stand by that statement 100%

if you are walking down the street wearing a full face mask after being double vaccinated it would come across as strange to most of the public

why does this opinion make you all so angry i don't get it

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Double Full vaccination for immunity to Covid.

salient
Jan 2, 2021
really cannot put into words how loving insulting it is for a physician to post in this thread about how, because none of his anaesthesiologist friends got covid and died, it was completely fine for others to work with inadequate ppe. workers in my hospital system died. good, kind people dedicated to caring for others are dead because they were exposed to covid positive patients with only used n95s or surgical masks to protect them. in many areas healthcare workers are STILL being denied appropriate ppe by their employers. in the usa and the uk it has disproportionately been healthcare workers of color who die of covid. their deaths are unimportant tho, more important to mock randos maintaining precautions during an uncontrolled pandemic

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

rabble rabble posted:

if you are walking down the street wearing a full face mask after being double vaccinated it would come across as strange to most of the public

frankly im more alarmed that the public can see the titers in my blood than anything. how do they know i'm double vaccinated looking at me walk down the street :stonk:

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

rabble rabble posted:

If im walking down the street in a respirator, no one knows if im vaccinated or not. They dont know if I have a massive allergic response to an ingredient in a vaccine.

Maybe they should stop being such judgemental loving freaks and let people protect themselves to the level they feel comfortable with.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt
"Random people walking by will think you're weird" is not the deterrent you think it is for Americans culturally.

Koirhor
Jan 14, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
this thread has lost the plot, shameful

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

silicone thrills posted:

If im walking down the street in a respirator, no one knows if im vaccinated or not. They dont know if I have a massive allergic response to an ingredient in a vaccine.

Maybe they should stop being such judgemental loving freaks and let people protect themselves to the level they feel comfortable with.

*judgmental

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

rabble rabble posted:

how the gently caress would the public even know you're vaccinated dumbfuck?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

euphronius posted:

*judgmental

lmao

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

Penisaurus Sex posted:

please define "level" "daily" "people" and "willing" before i bother to present an example just for you to cherry pick reasons for why i'm wrong and you're right, it'll save us all a lot of back and forth

is your point that the MRNA vaccines don't work? again, I don't understand the point you're driving at

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster

Cup Runneth Over posted:

looking forward to it changing to NaN months

I could be wrong, but I believe it'll be ########

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Koirhor posted:

this thread has lost the plot, shameful

once liberals realized they too could ignore Science the content changed obviously

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

Schmeichy posted:

How do people like her not understand that everything we're doing to stop the spread is not just because we're concerned for our own personal safety? The way out of this has always been vaccines and stopping spread with distancing.

A lot of people got the vaccine thinking it was their personal "back to normal" card and when you ask them to keep doing things like wear a mask around un-vaccinated people their immediate reaction is "Well then why did I even bother getting vaccinated?" We've been hearing a lot of that in our "back to the office" calls.

Most people just don't consider or care about anyone but themselves and maybe their immediate family. I guess that's been staring us in the face for over 14 months at this point but it still catches me off guard.

whiskey patrol
Feb 26, 2003

rabble rabble posted:

this cycle of people pretending posts don't exist earlier in the thread so they can make personal attacks is very interesting when you're on the receiving end, it makes a lot more sense why people are the way they are

rabble rabble posted:

LMAO

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
I skipped hundreds of posts and it's still just news-free slapfighting.

What the gently caress

Harry Potter on Ice
Nov 4, 2006

IF IM NOT BITCHING ABOUT HOW SHITTY MY LIFE IS, REPORT ME FOR MY ACCOUNT HAS BEEN HIJACKED
Stand by for news!

rabble rabble posted:

I think it's because you seem to be taking the position that most of the public's opinion should be worth listening to I dunno it's hard to hear you over my respirator I'm wearing while posting

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost

poo poo POST MALONE posted:

how the gently caress would the public even know you're vaccinated dumbfuck?

that's not the point I'm trying to make right now, but we can talk about that next if you want

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

McCracAttack posted:

A lot of people got the vaccine thinking it was their personal "back to normal" card and when you ask them to keep doing things like wear a mask around un-vaccinated people their immediate reaction is "Well then why did I even bother getting vaccinated?" We've been hearing a lot of that in our "back to the office" calls.

Most people just don't consider or care about anyone but themselves and maybe their immediate family. I guess that's been staring us in the face for over 14 months at this point but it still catches me off guard.

less cynically the CDC told them they can’t carry the virus and are at no risk to anyone

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

weird how people roll in here both upset about other people’s behavior and also advocating that people analyze risk on an individual level for a highly communicable disease

rabble rabble
Mar 24, 2015

Nap Ghost
i'm charging up my jo crystial with all these quotes my posting powers are nearing levels i never though i could reach again

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

rabble rabble posted:

that's not the point I'm trying to make right now, but we can talk about that next if you want

Ben Shapiro rear end poster.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Thoguh posted:

lol, nobody bitching about respirator crew is wearing an N95.

when an anesthesiologist came in to check on my wife's epidural last october they were basically wearing a moonsuit and a papr and my first reaction was to be really concerned or scared

just so long as they had paged the anesthesiologist before they went into the covid ward...

Stickman
Feb 1, 2004

Seasonal flu is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and half a million hospitalizations every year in the US alone, all of which would be severely reduced if we took it more seriously. Pretty fun seeing assholes claiming to liberal unironically using “are you pussies scared of the flu too?” If we weren’t a society of sociopaths we’d normalize mask wearing during flu season anyway (plus mandatory paid sick leave, etc).

Gotta live your life.

wash bucket
Feb 21, 2006

euphronius posted:

less cynically the CDC told them they can’t carry the virus and are at no risk to anyone

Fair point. We've had people actually citing contradictory CDC information. The whole thing is kind of a nightmare.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

rabble rabble posted:

hard pass dude. shut up please.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

rabble rabble posted:

please define "level" "daily" "people" and "willing" before i bother to present an example just for you to cherry pick reasons for why i'm wrong and you're right, it'll save us all a lot of back and forth

is your point that the MRNA vaccines don't work? again, I don't understand the point you're driving at

we can go by mortality rate and something you wouldn’t be shocked to be infected by. Like, not Hantaviruii or something.

For willing you can just assume people don’t take above and beyond protection when in a situation that might get them infected.

skewetoo
Mar 30, 2003

Who cares what PPE you wear in public. Plenty of countries where wearing PPE, especially if sick, is considered baseline behaviour. I would never look to the united States to define any "acceptable behaviour" lol

NeonPunk
Dec 21, 2020

rabble rabble posted:

rabble rabble posted:

the word "advocate" means something in this sentence, i think you would do well to consider it's definition

edit: you know what, you're right, I don't want to tell people to not do what they want, i want those people to not tell other people they're doing the wrong thing

thank you for helping me work through my feelings on the subject, it will save my therapist a lot of time

And tell me what are the people telling the other people they're doing the wrong thing is wrong about?

silicone thrills
Jan 9, 2008

I paint things

Stickman posted:

Seasonal flu is responsible for tens of thousands of deaths and half a million hospitalizations every year in the US alone, all of which would be severely reduced if we took it more seriously. Pretty fun seeing assholes claiming to liberal unironically using “are you pussies scared of the flu too?” If we weren’t a society of sociopaths we’d normalize mask wearing during flu season anyway (plus mandatory paid sick leave, etc).

Gotta live your life.

Also yes. I am scared of the flu. Which is why I actually do get my fuckin flu shot every year and take care to not stand near any of my coworkers that come into work sick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

I have Had the flu or a cold for over a year now and really nice

I can’t believe we put up with that poo poo