Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I'm pretty sure that we're going to see Sammy and MJF tear down the house fighting each other for at least a decade or two.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Sammy/MJF at the PPV would be unreal

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

PW Insider posted:

Last night's AEW Blood and Guts match last night was live, but the remainder of the show was pre-taped. AEW chose to pre-tape the remainder of the show due to the logistics of setting up the two cages so it didn't eat into TV time. AEW offered refunds to fans who came believing they were getting a complete live broadcast

The actual live crowd reactions from the building as they watched the first hour on the big screen were heard on the broadcast, similar to how AEW handled live reactions to the Stadium Stampede last year on PPV.

The Darby Allin bump last night was live as it happened. That segment was not pre-taped.

Cody Rhodes was busted open hardway during his match with QT Marshall last night, opening up the same place near his eye that has been busted open hardway before. It's a case of the same point being accidentally struck. That blood was not planned.

We are told that several talents in the Blood and Guts match were also busted open hardway. So, there was far more blood and guts in the bout than had been initially intended.

We are told there were no major injuries coming out of the match, but obviously lots of bumps and bruises.

They could've pre-recorded that Darby Allin bump and they just didn't. What a loving madman.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pylons posted:

They could've pre-recorded that Darby Allin bump and they just didn't. What a loving madman.

I'd put money on that option being offered to him and Darby saying no

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Before they do Mox/Eddie vs the Bucks, they've got to do Mox/Eddie vs The Good Brothers. Those two need their comeuppance.

And I think the story next week has to be Darby defending the belt while injured, Miro taking the belt (possibly with Darby passing out), then Darby wanting revenge on Ego/Scorpio for making him less than 100%.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

lookit them steris hell yeah Sammy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Davros1 posted:

Before they do Mox/Eddie vs the Bucks, they've got to do Mox/Eddie vs The Good Brothers. Those two need their comeuppance.

They did that at St Patrick's Day Slam.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Instant reaction: “Aw gently caress yeah Sammy!”

Followed by several seconds of introspection.

But yeah if the company gives their wrestlers time to heal up, I’m pro scrapes, cuts, and bruises.

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

Pylons posted:

Sounds like the crowd could see the action from their seats.

Specifically because a few people said the Darby tumble looked way nastier live.

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
big bicep tony giving sky and page the top row seats a month in advance just so there's a spot to murder darby allin

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

couldn’t wait for hager and wardlow to do this

was not disappointed

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

:yeah:

:wardlow:’s big spot where he was the only Pinnacle guy standing against all of the Inner Circle was :kiss:. He played the monster role in the match very well and I’m all for the :wardlow: main event run down the line.

Save for maybe Jericho, everyone looked great in this match, with Sammy as the MVP.

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

Sammy is so much better as fiery babyface. I was not sold on him before, despite his obvious talent, but he's over with me now.

I think it might be that the slightly sleazy hit me up stuff was putting me off the character

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Rarity posted:

Miro is going to tear Darby's arms off and beat him around the head with them :getin:

I just really really really really really really really really really hope it isn't going to be "Miro beats Darby senseless for 10 minutes, Darby does a small package to retain".

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

BodyMassageMachine posted:

:wardlow:’s big spot where he was the only Pinnacle guy standing against all of the Inner Circle was :kiss:. He played the monster role in the match very well and I’m all for the :wardlow: main event run down the line.

When IC were lining up for it, Shawn Spears blundered up to the centre ropes and Santana just decked him in a way that 100% said "sit down, don't ruin the spot". I enjoyed that a lot

BodyMassageMachine
Nov 24, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I just really really really really really really really really really hope it isn't going to be "Miro beats Darby senseless for 10 minutes, Darby does a small package to retain".

Self-quoting:

BodyMassageMachine posted:

- Miro gonna get a belt and smash Darby worse than Brodie did to Cody. :ohdear:

The only reason Miro MIGHT not fully squash Darby would be due to us JUST having a big squash in Brian Cage/Hangman. But Miro has been slowly built as a killer and I could see him demolishing a worn-down Darby.

Plus imagine how much Gucci swagger Miro will bring while wearing the belt :allears:

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

why tf do people keep saying the TNT Title will be defended on a PPV rather than on TNT

has that happened before and I’m having a brain fart or what

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
SCU beating the Bucks is an interesting idea but it feels a bit like overbooking especially if it just goes back to the bucks taking the titles back. I think, like someone posted in last week’s thread, it goes down with SCU losing, one of them (CD?) being unhappy with how it ended, and a CD v Kaz match at DON with a retirement stip on CD’s side and some other kind of stip on Kazarian’s side (getting back together?). And then CD loses and retires.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

the escape goat posted:

why tf do people keep saying the TNT Title will be defended on a PPV rather than on TNT

has that happened before and I’m having a brain fart or what

The title was decided on PPV and Darby won it on PPV.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

I mean I wouldn't hate Darby retaining, but pretty much all of his matches recently have been the exact same formula: someone tosses Darby around for 10 minutes, then he does one thing and wins the match. It's stale.

Also while I'm not a fan of Wardlow (I barely know who the guy is), that loving military press to just toss Sammy straight up in the air was loving sick.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Jordan7hm posted:

SCU beating the Bucks is an interesting idea but it feels a bit like overbooking especially if it just goes back to the bucks taking the titles back. I think, like someone posted in last week’s thread, it goes down with SCU losing, one of them (CD?) being unhappy with how it ended, and a CD v Kaz match at DON with a retirement stip on CD’s side and some other kind of stip on Kazarian’s side (getting back together?). And then CD loses and retires.

I feel like the Bucks absolutely don't need the heel heat of retiring Daniels and going Daniels vs Kaz just feels forced and kind of unpleasant. It feels more satisfying to me to have SCU pick up the upset, give Daniels a big final moment, let the Bucks play flustered heels, and then have SCU lose the belts to some young team who can get a rub from it.

That being said I'm mentally prepared for SCU losing, Darby retaining, and Reba costing Shida.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I mean I wouldn't hate Darby retaining, but pretty much all of his matches recently have been the exact same formula: someone tosses Darby around for 10 minutes, then he does one thing and wins the match. It's stale.

Also while I'm not a fan of Wardlow (I barely know who the guy is), that loving military press to just toss Sammy straight up in the air was loving sick.

I don't think that describes the Sky, Hardy, Silver or Jungle Boy matches at all.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

MassRafTer posted:

I don't think that describes the Sky, Hardy, Silver or Jungle Boy matches at all.

Janela either. Even the 10 match was pretty back and forth!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

iirc wardlow was an unknown when he came to aew and people are into him basically just on his (very small amount of) work here

i'd go watch the cage match at least

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

SCU potentially holding the titles can get them back over to FTR so they can get them over to Santana and Ortiz.

I also don’t think we’ve gotten SCU vs FTR, which could be a good one.

flatluigi posted:

iirc wardlow was an unknown when he came to aew and people are into him basically just on his (very small amount of) work here

i'd go watch the cage match at least

Lumberjack match against Luchasaurus last summer too.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Shinjobi posted:

There is zero situation in which I can believe Darby beating Miro unless it involves every weapon under the sun and possibly a literal tank

how possible would it be for a kip interference or is he still dead

SonicRulez posted:

And Stadium Stampede might be one of my favorite street fights ever.

stampede was so good because it was also filled with gags start to finish

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

sammy did the dopest coast to coast in a decade last night

like i hope spears is ok because it looked absolutely brutal

Tarnop posted:

When IC were lining up for it, Shawn Spears blundered up to the centre ropes and Santana just decked him in a way that 100% said "sit down, don't ruin the spot". I enjoyed that a lot

yeah this was great too

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

SCU potentially holding the titles can get them back over to FTR so they can get them over to Santana and Ortiz.

Didn't they do it when FTR were doing their 20 minute gimmick? It was a good match IIRC.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

graph posted:

i think someone in the booth said that kip is getting surgery for the arm so i think he'll be in a sling for a few months stewing.

i'd like to see him cost Miro the title after a dominant run though

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

graph posted:

people keep saying kip interference like there's any reason for him to want to confront miro again

my opinion is that he's probably going to keep his distance and go back to doing midcard matches and valeting for penelope, and somewhere down the line miro is going to want the tag belts and he'll show up on kip's doorstep and Ask Politely to fight together again

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

The Pinnacle looked great in their Pinnacle ring gear.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lead Pipe Cinch posted:

I think my ideal scenario would be SCU having a handful of title defenses and then losing to a young team in what looks like a random title defense, even ideally a face team like Jurassic Express or Best Friends. Then you have the shock and an in ring celebration where Daniels gets to go out on a high note instead of the victim of heels.

But if we go the heel route I do like FTR taking the belts more than the Bucks. It gives them a big heelish boasting point, builds up the Pinnacle a bit, and as you said opens up for a feud with Santana and Ortiz and them finally getting the belts.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I am going to be so shocked if SCU wins the belts.

flatluigi posted:

my opinion is that he's probably going to keep his distance and go back to doing midcard matches and valeting for penelope, and somewhere down the line miro is going to want the tag belts and he'll show up on kip's doorstep and Ask Politely to fight together again
I think it's this, yeah. Just a terrified Kip being taken along for a ride.

Miro forgave him, after all. And why wouldn't he want the tag belts?

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

You do not give the rub for beating the Bucks to a tag team featuring a dude about to loving retire lmao

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from

Davros1 posted:

The Pinnacle looked great in their Pinnacle ring gear.

I'm a huge fan of people wearing white when there's going to be blood

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1390156754529374215?s=20

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Edit: I misread that.

MassRafTer fucked around with this message at 20:17 on May 6, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

A "one last run" story with SCU would be excellent and meaningful.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Not if their last run was any indication, no.

What a dumb move that turned out to be.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Kaz and CD are great and i wouldn't mind them having a fun last run

Cool Post Beg
Mar 6, 2008

DADDY MAGIC
The highlight of the last SCU run was Scorpio Sky, who is currently the lowlight in a team involving Ethan Page

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

heel turn posted:

I'm a huge fan of people wearing white when there's going to be blood

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1390156754529374215?s=20

it’s the gwar concert strategy