Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

We’re about to have a whole lot of heel champs so based on that alone it would be good to see SCU get the tag belts again. But there’s like 2 or 3 babyface teams I’d put over the Bucks before Kaz and the good doctor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

beggar posted:

The highlight of the last SCU run was Scorpio Sky, who is currently the lowlight in a team involving Ethan Page

I'd like to see Scorpio (and Page I guess, but Scorpio) retire Daniels more than I'd like to see The Young Bucks do it.

Annoyingly any permutation of SCU holding the titles again means longer until the true champions - Best Friends - get their run.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CD and Kaz are nice but the only champions in the league are Santana and Ortiz everyone else is incorrect

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
i like SCU but i feel like now's the time for them to lose. they don't need another run with the belts, and the bucks outright retiring their friends for heat just works

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Alvarez just said the crash pad wasn't an actual crash pad but a bunch of cardboard boxes, which makes sense because there was a pre-show picture on Twitter that had a million cardboard boxes stacked up right by where the announce desk is.

https://twitter.com/PW_Junkies/status/1390077870828097540?s=20

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wrestling just feels like it has such a bad habit of "heat" over "catharsis." One of the biggest moments in recent memory is the ending a midcard tag feud because it was incredibly satisfying to see the Best Friends stand tall together. So yeah, you can end Daniels' career with a whimper and the Bucks get to be heels and there's heat. But I think its much more satisfying to give Daniels one last short run so that when he does lose it doesn't feel like failure, it feels like celebration. Its not hard, and it doesn't need to take long. The Bucks don't lose anything by dropping the belts, and someone can gain from beating SCU in a month or two.

But I also am not expecting it. I expect a Bucks win. I just don't like it.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I've forgotten the oath. Are Kaz and CD quitting when the lose or just breaking up? Because if they just can't team you can still give them farewell tours solo?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

just breaking up

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

projecthalaxy posted:

I've forgotten the oath. Are Kaz and CD quitting when the lose or just breaking up? Because if they just can't team you can still give them farewell tours solo?

I believe it was Daniels is retiring the next time he loses and Kaz vowed to team with him until then and prevent it from happening.

Obviously Daniels could still have a final solo match because wrestling vows are empty. But I don't see why that would be a good thing. He obviously isn't what he once was so asking him to fully carry one half a match could go badly, and then you're just having him go out on two losses. That's depressing.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

heel turn posted:

I'm a huge fan of people wearing white when there's going to be blood

https://twitter.com/CashWheelerFTR/status/1390156754529374215?s=20

Love the Bret Hart socks. Cash was the one who beat the poo poo out of that dude who tackled Bret at the HoF.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

And up-and-coming team dethroning the Bucks is a much bigger rub than beating SCU would be at literally any point in the past, present, or future.

John Dudebro
Dec 3, 2013

projecthalaxy posted:

just that they won't team anymore. it MIGHT lead to daniels retiring, but that hasn't explicitly been part of the angle

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

Wrestling just feels like it has such a bad habit of "heat" over "catharsis." One of the biggest moments in recent memory is the ending a midcard tag feud because it was incredibly satisfying to see the Best Friends stand tall together. So yeah, you can end Daniels' career with a whimper and the Bucks get to be heels and there's heat. But I think its much more satisfying to give Daniels one last short run so that when he does lose it doesn't feel like failure, it feels like celebration. Its not hard, and it doesn't need to take long. The Bucks don't lose anything by dropping the belts, and someone can gain from beating SCU in a month or two.

Daniels got his big end of career run by finally winning the ROH title. He's the director of talent relations, he has gotten another run on national TV, he has the happy ending already.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Maybe I missed it being posted but was there any word on how many people took up AEW on their offer of a refund for "only" seeing Blood and Guts live instead of the full 2-hour show?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

STAC Goat posted:

heat and catharsis are two separate things that you want to try to supply enough of across the board to further both your heels and your faces. a heel that never builds any heat is a joke, or at least someone that fundamentally is failing at performing their character, and a face that never triumphs similarly feels weak and not believable. a feud between a heel and a face never has to resolve in one way or the other, and should instead focus on whichever character wants more for the added momentum of their win

for SCU, specifically, they've had a good thing going in AEW already -- they were the first tag champs, and they've had a big win streak to get them to the point where they're challenging the bucks right now. what's in question is just 'what pushes the story forward right now' and I don't think that SCU going over and getting the belts again really Does anything on that front as much as the bucks forcing the breakup would

i should mention that i don't think the SCU breakup will be a handshake-and-never-seen-together-again, to be clear. i expect a daniels solo run at least before he retires completely, probably with a program against kaz; there's also always the possibility that SCU refuses to honor the breakup for whatever reason and a different program arises from there

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Germansimp posted:

Maybe I missed it being posted but was there any word on how many people took up AEW on their offer of a refund for "only" seeing Blood and Guts live instead of the full 2-hour show?

I heard 5 or so.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

MassRafTer posted:

Daniels got his big end of career run by finally winning the ROH title. He's the director of talent relations, he has gotten another run on national TV, he has the happy ending already.

I see no reason that a lower profile gold watch run 4 years ago should disqualify a happy ending for the guy now. I'm glad he got that then when he could still go well enough to do something with it, but I would still like to see his end here be something celebratory instead of just unnecessary heat on guys who already have it.

flatluigi posted:

heat and catharsis are two separate things that you want to try to supply enough of across the board to further both your heels and your faces. a heel that never builds any heat is a joke, or at least someone that fundamentally is failing at performing their character, and a face that never triumphs similarly feels weak and not believable. a feud between a heel and a face never has to resolve in one way or the other, and should instead focus on whichever character wants more for the added momentum of their win

for SCU, specifically, they've had a good thing going in AEW already -- they were the first tag champs, and they've had a big win streak to get them to the point where they're challenging the bucks right now. what's in question is just 'what pushes the story forward right now' and I don't think that SCU going over and getting the belts again really Does anything on that front as much as the bucks forcing the breakup would

i should mention that i don't think the SCU breakup will be a handshake-and-never-seen-together-again, to be clear. i expect a daniels solo run at least before he retires completely, probably with a program against kaz; there's also always the possibility that SCU refuses to honor the breakup for whatever reason and a different program arises from there
I mean, I just don't think the Bucks retiring them really accomplishes anything. The Bucks are already heinous assholes. They're such natural heel heat getters. Retiring Daniels in a 3 week program will just be a footnote. And I think Daniels' retirement offers a unique amount of satisfaction, especially for people who have been fans of the guy for decades. I also just don't like the idea of a lackluster Daniels solo run or a forced Kaz heel turn or animosity or whatever. I dunno, I don't like any of that.

But I think that's all more likely than what I want so what can you do?

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
I haven't seen this brought up yet, but right after Jericho was tossed off the cage and they zoomed him on him for a close-up, did anyone else notice him to a quick smile and a wink, as if to let the trainers know that he was okay?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
other people already said this to you but daniels losing here has never been said to be his outright retirement; it's the ending of SCU as a tag team. it's not outright over for daniels if he and kaz lose to the bucks, and i think that's what's been souring you on the idea the most here

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

STAC Goat posted:

I see no reason that a lower profile gold watch run 4 years ago should disqualify a happy ending for the guy now. I'm glad he got that then when he could still go well enough to do something with it, but I would still like to see his end here be something celebratory instead of just unnecessary heat on guys who already have it.

I mean, I just don't think the Bucks retiring them really accomplishes anything. The Bucks are already heinous assholes. They're such natural heel heat getters. Retiring Daniels in a 3 week program will just be a footnote. And I think Daniels' retirement offers a unique amount of satisfaction, especially for people who have been fans of the guy for decades. I also just don't like the idea of a lackluster Daniels solo run or a forced Kaz heel turn or animosity or whatever. I dunno, I don't like any of that.

But I think that's all more likely than what I want so what can you do?

Because that title was the one that eluded him his entire career. It was the thing he was most associated with as the biggest star on the indies before talent he was mentoring emerged in 2004 and 2005. It was the big, nice capstone to his career. The world isn't clamoring for it now, he's in his 50s and it feels really unnecessary.

If I was going to choose between a short SCU reign or a short Mox/Kingston reign I am going with Moxley and Kingston all day here, they have a much better story with the Bucks.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Nick Jr. Face posted:

I haven't seen this brought up yet, but right after Jericho was tossed off the cage and they zoomed him on him for a close-up, did anyone else notice him to a quick smile and a wink, as if to let the trainers know that he was okay?

Yeah it was on him for basically forever with his eyes open and smiling before going back to playing dead.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

where number

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

yea ok posted:

where number

Number fell through a crash pad never to be found.

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Blood and Guts and Some Ratings

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

AEDUB #1

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Number good

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

mmmmmm thats some good number

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

me 1

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

number

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Number go up

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
Another W for the good guys.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Challenge: Defeated

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
what if it was number?

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

Male 18-49 beat the third hour of Raw.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

blunt posted:

Male 18-49 beat the third hour of Raw.

men usually get raw the third hour of beating

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Number decent. Demo swept.

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

I can't believe they beat The Challenge without Daniel Bryan

The Stroker Ace
Feb 7, 2007

Mons Hubris posted:

I can't believe they beat The Challenge without Daniel Bryan

It was the second part of the boring post season reunion show. I think a lot of people checked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/bryanalvarez/status/1390398506125316102

yep