Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Drowning Rabbit posted:

I'm at the point of the current season that I'm over 200 paragon on my HC Barbarian, with pretty close to a full Wastes build for whirlwhind rend and it's a lot of fun to just lawn mower enemies, but I keep just jumping up Torment levels at this point and it's REAL scary since the last 4 characters in HC I have played I lost at Torment 6 due to a multi-hit insta kill GR boss at Torment 6.

I'm currently clearing Torment 8 without breaking a sweat too much ( The flame thrower enemies/traps always give me a flutter, and getting stuck in a waller with molten, or a wormhole into molten are nightmares I have ).

Sounds rad. I enjoy the leveling process so I think I'm maybe level 20... I'll get there though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!

srulz posted:

BTW for those who's playing Wizard - how are you guys doing it? Need to consistently turn on Explosive Blasts, then shoot everything with Disintegrate, then after some time need to get close to Explode stuff for the killing blow. Not to mention the mirror images used etc. The theory I understand, it's the practical I'm struggling a bit.
I'm doing a Frost Hydra Wizard. I'm mostly playing at T16/GR75, but it has plenty of DPS to push to GR100 and beyond. Problem is, it's a very glass cannon build (not actually running Glass Cannon), and if I get caught by literally anything, I usually insta-pop.

https://maxroll.gg/guides/typhon-hydra-wizard-guide

It's basically this build, but I'm not using Spectral Blades. Which I know is supposed to be a big source of defense/shields, but it feels clunky as poo poo. Most things are dead to Hydras before I can get close, and anything that isn't is likely to kill me before the blade procs my extra shields. I switched to Disintegrate for an easy source of Arcane damage, and I can (carefully) fly through GR75 in 3-4 minutes.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
I'm currently playing sweep attack/Rolands crusader and it lets me kill everything in like 2 hits at T10 and hasn't really slowed down.

I guess that'll change when I get in higher GR's but my complaint is it's not immensely satisfying.

*sweep*
*sweep*

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
That's what I'm doing on my secondary character, but I'm topping out around T10. My gear isn't great, but I do have the core items and complete Roland bonus, but I feel like I'm missing something.

Does the Invoker Thorns gimmick from a few years ago still work at T16+? The game keeps dropping Invoker pieces and thorns-friendly gear for me.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jaxyon posted:

I'm currently playing sweep attack/Rolands crusader and it lets me kill everything in like 2 hits at T10 and hasn't really slowed down.

I guess that'll change when I get in higher GR's but my complaint is it's not immensely satisfying.

*sweep*
*sweep*

The newest crusader set has ruined every other one for me. It's so drat fun and you wreck poo poo too.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

Jaxyon posted:

*sweep*
*sweep*

In SC I can run t16 with roland's with shield bash and the shield that causes your blinding flash to do the damage of your last five shield bashes combined. It's a fun build. It's not like top tier or anything but it's the same set...

Definitely more satisfying though!

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Trip report, I had one scare that was just, wait what is that debuff? Oh I died apparently and was saved by my follower! On a T11 rift. I’ve moved back down to T10 after learning the two melee and non-physical damage resist legendary gems emanate, even though there is no tooltip for them. Grinding their levels now.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.

Field Mousepad posted:

The newest crusader set has ruined every other one for me. It's so drat fun and you wreck poo poo too.

The Valor Heaven's Fury build?

Yeah I've already got like 5/6 of it with Rolands

Hell I could probably switch now with RoRG

gariig
Dec 31, 2004
Beaten into submission by my fiance
Pillbug

Drowning Rabbit posted:

Trip report, I had one scare that was just, wait what is that debuff? Oh I died apparently and was saved by my follower! On a T11 rift. I’ve moved back down to T10 after learning the two melee and non-physical damage resist legendary gems emanate, even though there is no tooltip for them. Grinding their levels now.

They don't emanate but do reduce the damage on your follower. That lets you use the all skills or reduce cool down follower tokens in t16 or low GRs instead of the never die

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!

gariig posted:

They don't emanate but do reduce the damage on your follower. That lets you use the all skills or reduce cool down follower tokens in t16 or low GRs instead of the never die

Ah well that makes more sense, but is also disappointing.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

Jaxyon posted:

The Valor Heaven's Fury build?

Yeah I've already got like 5/6 of it with Rolands

Hell I could probably switch now with RoRG

Definitely give it a shot. It's really fun

Shyfted One
May 9, 2008
I haven't touched D3 in ages, but because of D2R I had an itch to play again and decided to start a season 23 Wizard. I've been following the Icy Veins levelling to 70 guide and it's been really fun melting everything with a wide disintegrate on Hard. I know this won't last once I hit 70 and I'm on Torment, but I can't believe how far I got in only a few hours of Adventure Mode. Aside from getting Leoric's Crown (was actually my 1st Unique so I didn't have to progress all the way to the Skeleton King), are there any other campaign only things I should do with a brand new character?

Also, I don't know if I can go back to Diablo 2 (Resurrected) with just re-running parts of the campaign instead of Bounties and Rifts. Ugh, and the terrible drop rates. D3 delivers the serotonin so much faster.

Angry Lobster
May 16, 2011

Served with honor
and some clarified butter.
Yeah, not thrilled about the original D2's atrocious drop rates.

Will Styles
Jan 19, 2005

Angry Lobster posted:

Yeah, not thrilled about the original D2's atrocious drop rates.

Yeah, same boat here. I know a lot of people remember D2 as a game where you carefully level, and you use what best gear you got. Maybe you trade your hell forge rune for a shako or something, but mostly just rely on crafting/drops. So they're gonna be ok with the drop rate, but not me. I remember trading for complete builds before I even make the character, running 12 clients to sit on uber diablo spawns, etc. and without the bots/dupes a lot of that is going to be harder or impossible.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

They're gonna have to change the droprates or people will be hella confused when they Google "d2 sorceress builds" and their first advice is to let their bot run Meph for 12 hours until you get a Shako. I'm sure there were many people who played D2 for what it was and will be satisfied with the Remaster just slapping together random builds with self-found gear, but those people were all tremendous scrubs 20 years ago and they're still scrubs today.

AreWeDrunkYet
Jul 8, 2006

exquisite tea posted:

They're gonna have to change the droprates or people will be hella confused when they Google "d2 sorceress builds" and their first advice is to let their bot run Meph for 12 hours until you get a Shako. I'm sure there were many people who played D2 for what it was and will be satisfied with the Remaster just slapping together random builds with self-found gear, but those people were all tremendous scrubs 20 years ago and they're still scrubs today.

It would be very period appropriate to just incorporate botting into D2R.

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

Powering your bot with gold and random gems and poo poo would make a fascinating endgame grind.

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
I always got bored with D2 after clearing Inferno, if I got that far. Never saw any of the ultra-rare loot.

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

Property was their religion
A church for one
How do I deal with the insurmountable task of erasing what is needed to combine my last season stash with my current stash? I spent an hour trying to sort out the mess I'm nowhere near finishing. I guess I can just erase everything that isn't respecced or transmogged because it probably isn't that important for any character. I just wanna play the game without making all these decisions, I don't even remember which sets were good.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Sanctum posted:

How do I deal with the insurmountable task of erasing what is needed to combine my last season stash with my current stash? I spent an hour trying to sort out the mess I'm nowhere near finishing. I guess I can just erase everything that isn't respecced or transmogged because it probably isn't that important for any character. I just wanna play the game without making all these decisions, I don't even remember which sets were good.

Play season only and never worry.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
ASK ME ABOUT MY BORDERLINE ALCOHOLISM

Sanctum posted:

If it's not ancient and near perfect (or nonancient absolutely perfect jewelry), salvage it.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Jaxyon posted:

*sweep*
*sweep*

Wait until you build a thorns/bombard sader. You’ll ride on a horsie constantly raining death on everything without even trying.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
This is the first time I've seen d3planner call an item of mine 100% perfect.

WhiteHowler
Apr 3, 2001

I'M HUGE!
I had a really weird thing happen earlier.

I'd just leveled a new seasonal DH up to 70, and I'd collected a set of Natalya's. It's not the build I'd been working toward, but the pieces just kind of fell in my lap while gambling and rifting.

I suddenly found that my Multishot, right after firing a Rain of Vengance, was doing insane amounts of damage. With the Vengeance buff up, I was seeing crits of 600 trillion damage.

I swapped my Dead Man's Legacy quiver to the cube, because it was only level 65, and my eventual build will use a second crossbow. I also swapped out my amulet for something with better stats, but I don't remember what it was. I didn't change anything else at all.

And suddenly my Multishot crits were doing about 5-6 billion damage instead.

I have no idea what happened. I feel like the high damage numbers must have been a display bug or something, because my gear wasn't very good -- basic Natalya's pieces with no enchanting, Focus and Restraint with the wrong primary stats, and a decent but not spectacular Dawn.

Has anyone seen anything like this before? The quiver is now cubed, so I can't reproduce the conditions again.

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011
I've exchanged the (Cubed) shield that powered up Sweep for a (Cubed) shield that lowers the Shield Bash Wrath cost - I don't know if the damage output is lowered significantly (I imagine so), but it makes playing - dashing in to bash, as compared to standing and sweeping - much more pleasant and interesting. With a full Roland set it also makes the normal attack (Smite) a little submachine gun of holy bolts.

Marx Headroom
May 10, 2007

AT LAST! A show with nonono commercials!
Fallen Rib
I went Shield Bash on Roland as well, and during leveling picked up a shield that releases Fires of Heaven on blocks. It's pretty hilarious you're either blowing up with Shield Bash or muda muda mudaing Punish with holy bolts firing constantly

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
There should be a 15% chance for me to roll a socket on either of these 2 amulets yet I've blown through 70 forgotten souls and now I must salvage them both because they are cursed.

Actually this seasonal character might be cursed. What damage-dealing legendaries give barbarian skills some bite? I have band of might which is great for survival but I'm past GR40 and still dealing base damage with skills. I need depth diggers or anything that increases the damage of a skill because so far my options for cubing all involve skills with 30-120s cooldowns.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Sanctum posted:

There should be a 15% chance for me to roll a socket on either of these 2 amulets yet I've blown through 70 forgotten souls and now I must salvage them both because they are cursed.

Actually this seasonal character might be cursed. What damage-dealing legendaries give barbarian skills some bite? I have band of might which is great for survival but I'm past GR40 and still dealing base damage with skills. I need depth diggers or anything that increases the damage of a skill because so far my options for cubing all involve skills with 30-120s cooldowns.
Assuming you don't have access to a set (Haedrig's Gift or otherwise), the biggest bang for your buck is HotA (bracer, 2h mighty weapon, a 1h mighty weapon with more requirements). There are also set builds, of course.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

Yup, gamble bracers. There are at least 2 that give huge damage bonuses. After that maybe belts before getting your 6 piece. Upgrade rare 2h might weapons on top of that.

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I've detoured from leveling my crusader (non-seasonal) to spend a couple hours putting together a set of basic equipment for leveling new dudes, since I'm going to be doing monk and wd at some point (never bought necro) and it'd be nice to have level 70 leorics crown/signet with no level requirement. Running t10 grifts is incredibly relaxing now, just super chill after getting used to running t16.

Is there an easy way to compare two versions of an item and see which is rolled better?

Cobalt-60
Oct 11, 2016

by Azathoth
Equip one and look at the pop-up compare.

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006
Spending the time/gems of ease to try to make a leveling set feels like a humongous waste. Equipping a single gem of ease in a lvl 70 weapon will make your 1-70 a cakewalk anyway, but getting a powerlevel (in seasonal at least) is even easier and you can usually find somebody to leech rifts/GRs from for a while.

KenBearlLOLOL fucked around with this message at 09:04 on May 17, 2021

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Cobalt-60 posted:

Equip one and look at the pop-up compare.

And if I haven't played the game enough to instinctively know what trade offs are better?

KenBearlLOLOL posted:

Spending the time/gems of ease to try to make a leveling set feels like a humongous waste. Equipping a single gem of ease in a lvl 70 weapon will make your 1-70 a cakewalk anyway, but getting a powerlevel (in seasonal at least) is even easier and you can usually find somebody to leech rifts/GRs from for a while.

At least this season im giving seasonal a miss, I always struggle to finish a build but it turns out I had an entire t16 ready build chilling in my mail from various seasonal characters in the past. Between that and this season not really being different from regular gameplay, im just enjoying spinning to win while I watch ds9 or whatever and seeing if I can slowly improve my gear until it's perfect, and levelling the few classes I don't already have at 70.

As far as a waste, it's really not that big of a deal. Half an hour of gr10s to level a couple gems to remove requirements on the crown and signet I already had, if somehow the parts of the Cain set drop I'll grab those as well but otherwise I'm basically done.

Josh Christ fucked around with this message at 10:27 on May 17, 2021

Josh Christ
Dec 24, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Whoops double post

Sanctum
Feb 14, 2005

A church for one
I found those useful barbarian belts and bracers and now I'm easily plowing my way up towards GR70.

Looking at these barb item sets, some don't provide any kind of damage resistance. Are those just completely useless item sets? If I'm dropping LoD I will insta-die without something else. I could get away with dropping aquila cuirass or even esoteric alteration. But dropping LoD for an item set that gives no damage resist? :psyduck:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I think they're tied to skills that can give you damage reductions? Or are tied to skills that are tied to Legendary Items that give you damage reduction.

Like Immortal King doesn't have any innate damage reduction, but Call of the Ancients (which now lasts forever) has a rune that offers DR.

quote:

Together as One: All damage dealt by the Ancients is now imbued with Lightning. In addition, all damage taken by the Barbarian is reduced by 50%. This, however, comes at the cost of the ignored damage being split evenly among the surviving Ancients.

Also if you're running Barbarian you're probably running Wrath of the Berserker and if you're running Wrath of the Berserker you're running the rune that halves all damage or the Unique Bracer that gives you every rune for Wrath of the Berserker. Also Band of Might, which is 80% DR for skills that any Barbarian build uses (and are tied to 2 sets).

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
Also you should almost always be using the superstition passive. It gives you a nice chunk of survivability.

GTJustin
Nov 24, 2010
The big one for barbarian is band of might. Charge/ground stomp/ leap has so much utility it's not awful to proc. Ignore pain+pride of Cassius, wrath of berserker are also DR sources

KenBearlLOLOL
Feb 1, 2006

Field Mousepad posted:

Also you should almost never be using the superstition passive. Once you have Band of Might and good gear you would rather have damage passives.

ftfy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drowning Rabbit
Oct 28, 2003

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!
Are there any PC players that are running the season Hardcore? I'm currently farming Torment 13 decently safely with my wastes barb to try and get the avarice conquest done, and I'm very much realizing that finishing the final challenge to get the pet is going to be a loving nightmare solo.

I mean, on one hand I am trying to finish the season quest on Hardcore, which is effectively punching myself in the dick, but I got this far!

Doing the Avarice conquest by just amassing act bounty rewards ( Supposedly it's ~43 chests to complete Avarice at Torment 13 ). I'm up to 35 so far, and it's a real grind. I'll be trying to grab a bit more just to be assured, as I'm not doing this again.

I also already have almost every single power extracted from a legendary that a Barbarian can use. Only a few weapons, and rings left. :sigh: