Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
BLOOD AND GUTS
This poll is closed.
HORRIBLE 1 0.63%
MEH 16 10.06%
GOOD 74 46.54%
GREAT 68 42.77%
Total: 159 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Eat My Fuc posted:

Remember when the Acclaimed came out and rapped "Young Cucks you can't beat us you're laughable, Trump really won we gotta storm the capital". Disgusting.

hahahaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Is AEW gonna be all heel champs by the end of May????

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Crapple! posted:

yeah but which demo are you in?

The tekken 2 demo on the Playstation interactive sampler volume 3

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Is AEW gonna be all heel champs by the end of May????
darby is retaining next week

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

jesus WEP posted:

darby is retaining next week

Sure Darby's retaining... retaining the crutches the hospital gives him after Miro snaps his legs off

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

After he got thrown down the merciless steel concrete stairs on Wednesday? I dunno!!

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

How can it be all heel champs when the greatest role model in wrestling is winning the women's title?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

After he got thrown down the merciless steel concrete stairs on Wednesday? I dunno!!
those sound like some terrible odds for a plucky underdog to overcome, he can’t possibly win, this simply isn’t a story that works in pro wrestling

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

darby ought to lose and then disappear for 3 months. when he returns, he can be wearing full face paint instead of only half, and his evolved form is named The Hateboarder or the Fateboarder if that's too mean. don't know

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

ok but what if Alan Egos Ethan Page throws him down the stairs again, into the ring where Miro is waiting???

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Stairs on a stair match at the ppv. second stair is really big but first stairs are a lot harder and got this on them: spikes, Fire

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

blood and guts but all the guys on the team have to stand on two ring steps

Stair v Stair match

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

What I'm getting from all the stairs talk is that you guys want QT as champ.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Lamuella posted:

Lots of people in this thread have expressed not liking The Acclaimed. People have agreed and disagreed reasonably in the main.

Not a lot of people in this thread have called them "pretty much Trump"
Is this why everybody's freaking out and overreacting to the point that I got a custom title of the man who's probably going to be responsible for somebody murdering me soon?

I super don't think they're Trump.

I don't like their act because there are things I don't want in my escapist fantasy and calling people cucks and doing gay panic poo poo reminds me both of Trump and the younger parts of myself I don't like to think about.

I think it's hosed one of you decided me not liking a homophobic tag team who uses the word "cuck" as a pejorative was justification to remind me of how I'm going to die every loving time I post until I can afford to change my title again.

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Lamuella posted:

How can it be all heel champs when the greatest role model in wrestling is winning the women's title?

https://twitter.com/itsBayleyWWE/status/1390498287023624194

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

once again, openly gay black man

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

Is this why everybody's freaking out and overreacting to the point that I got a custom title of the man who's probably going to be responsible for somebody murdering me soon?

I super don't think they're Trump.

I don't like their act because there are things I don't want in my escapist fantasy and calling people cucks and doing gay panic poo poo reminds me both of Trump and the younger parts of myself I don't like to think about.

I think it's hosed one of you decided me not liking a homophobic tag team who uses the word "cuck" as a pejorative was justification to remind me of how I'm going to die every loving time I post until I can afford to change my title again.

LividLiquid posted:

I get up to check on dinner when The Acclaimed are on. I just can't begin to enjoy their work and they come across as the kids whose parents don't pay enough attention so they scream curse words until everybody's looking at them.

So, pretty much Trump. Which you'd think would make me want to see them get beat, but I just can't begin to care beyond wanting the edgelord teenagers who don't know poo poo to stop reminding me of being an edgelord teenager who didn't know poo poo.

:thunk:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

LividLiquid posted:

a homophobic tag team

Literally one of them is gay

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Rarity posted:

Literally one of them is gay
The actor isn't the act, yo. The act is homophobic.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Alaois posted:

Max Caster called them the Young Cucks, and I don't know how to accept that.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Y'all got some terminal groupthink going on.

Somebody poo poo on Foochs for not liking AEW enough the way that they would somebody who used to pick every fight like me.

I love the thing we're all watching and enjoying.

Foochs, for gently caress's sake.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

zzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
for foochs sake

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

LividLiquid posted:

Y'all got some terminal groupthink going on.

Somebody poo poo on Foochs for not liking AEW enough the way that they would somebody who used to pick every fight like me.

I love the thing we're all watching and enjoying.

Foochs, for gently caress's sake.

i'm not crazy you're all crazy

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

Okay so moving swiftly along, the Lexy / Nyla interview thing today is going to be awesome. Lexy is proving herself a really gifted foil for weird AEW people, and Nyla is a walking shitpost.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I just don't like one act! What the entire gently caress?!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

LividLiquid posted:

I just don't like one act! What the entire gently caress?!

You live in a paranoid fantasy nightmare where, alongside all the undeniably real and non-trivial things that impact you and other people in your shoes, every minor thing that you don’t like isn’t just ‘something you don’t like’ but is instead inflated and overstated to join those very real concerns as the absolute pinnacle of awful and terrible.

Get help.

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

So they are hard pedaling the "Darby is really busted up" stuff. Which lends credence to Miro winning.

https://twitter.com/DarbyAllin/status/1390459714706755584

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

ya miro is gonna sqaursh him like a bug. if he doesnt i'll be wrong, but that's never happened as far as i remember

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I feel like having Darby lose immediately after they make a big deal about him setting the defence record is bad.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

History Comes Inside! posted:

I feel like having Darby lose immediately after they make a big deal about him setting the defence record is bad.

why?

Cody setting the initial defense record in the first place is what wore him down to the point that he just got trainwrecked by Brodie

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Miro gets the belt from a weakened Darby, Miro runs through the big hoss dudes for a few weeks/months, a healed Darby returns to reclaim his title for a huge rating

it's easy peasy!

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Alaois posted:

why?

Cody setting the initial defense record in the first place is what wore him down to the point that he just got trainwrecked by Brodie

Miro gets the belt from a weakened Darby, Miro runs through the big hoss dudes for a few weeks/months, a healed Darby returns to reclaim his title for a huge rating

it's easy peasy!

Because this is literally just the Cody/Brodie story again if that’s what they do but with a bigger size difference.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I want to see Anjelico fight miro and Jungle Boy fight him. Him = Miro

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

History Comes Inside! posted:

Because this is literally just the Cody/Brodie story again if that’s what they do but with a bigger size difference.

I mean yes but Miro is awesome so I don't care

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

I've really enjoyed the slow burn storytelling of the latter part of Darby's reign as TNT champ. The first part was a bit unspecial because it got eaten up with Sting and Team Taz and lurking, but everything from Revolution onwards has been great as the story of a guy doing too much and pushing too hard. He's had seven title defenses in two months, including a falls count anywhere match and a stretch where he did five defenses in four weeks. He's flown really close to the sun. And it's all been environmental storytelling. They've shown us Darby burning himself out, they haven't just told us it was happening. And now entropy, in the form of Miro, is coming to collect.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Next Wednesday is going to be AWESOME.

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I'm not gonna read into the whole Young Cucks thing to any deep degree but I will say I found it super goddamn lame and cringe worthy and all of a sudden people are saying they're supposed to be lame but I don't really think the live audience is in on that joke given the way they typically react to the punchlines. They react to them largely like crowds did to Thuganomics Cena's poo poo which is largely why I made the comparison in the first place.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

If I had to compare Max Caster to any other person in the world it would be if x-factor era x-pac sang their theme song on the way to the ring

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cavauro posted:

If I had to compare Max Caster to any other person in the world it would be if x-factor era x-pac sang their theme song on the way to the ring

I realize this is a Cavauro post and thus a joke but it's almost distressing how accurately this describes my general feelings on Max Caster but I literally never would have thought of it