Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Jippa posted:

I had my covid shot this morning. I have stocked up on tins of soup and am waiting. :stare:

Only one? Or need second. As usually the second one is when most have the bad reactions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The first one destroyed me for a day but I was absolutely fine after the second.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
First made the lymph node under my armpit swell to a squash ball size. Second gave me a day long headache.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Ed did say least have periods where he had a significant lead in the polls. Remember there was a lot of expectation that Labour would come out of 2015 as the largest party.
Also Ed at least had a policy platform he was able to communicate to the public. Keir can only speak in management bullshit and anyone who even thinks of themselves as working class loving hates that.

Ed had the Edstone but at least he waited until he lost the election to quietly disappear it. Kieth won on his list of ten pledges and then immediately ignored all of them one by one.

Pesky Splinter posted:

Big Tiddy Vampire Giant for Labour Leader IMO.
Fully automated vampire luxury big tiddy gay goth space communism corporate social responsibility black lives matter.

Rustybear posted:

what is she actually advocating here? people who disagree with me shouldn't be able to challenge me? err ok?

what these people want more than anything is not to have to do their jobs
The prole whisperer here assuming that what the membership wants is to get rid of the hard left. She hasn't asked them of course because that would mean getting off twitter and as you said, doing her loving job.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Jel Shaker posted:

the worst thing for kier is that the welsh elections are such a clear repudiation of any of his preplanned excuses that it was corbyn and his completely useless covid response didn’t matter

yeah, i dont think that will change their messaging or strategy at all in the media. since theyr just gonna claim it was corbyn anyway.

but i do think that and his loving terrible interview have gotta have the sharks circling a bit. when they asked him "but what will you change?" and he says "we have to stop labour infighting" thats death right there.
in a bad time you don't unprompted bring up your own party's infighting on the BBC lol

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

stev posted:

The first one destroyed me for a day but I was absolutely fine after the second.

Iirc this may mean you had covid at some point because then that is effectively your 'first shot'.

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Only one? Or need second. As usually the second one is when most have the bad reactions.

Yeah it's my first.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
have any politicians made may statements about israel provoking another intifada in waiting for someone to blame corbyn

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

A124! posted:

This article from December details this:

Big donors gave a lot more than that during his leadership bid that, creepy poster he sent to everyone during his leadership bid probably cost more than they've donated since. I'm sure there's no reason why these people wanted him to be leader, but don't actually want to support him now he's leader.

Big donors abandoning Labour is also excellent news for the Left.

Anyone with half a brain should know that it's in their best interests to continue funding a tame opposition, eliminate the influence of the unions/members etc, but the rich as so incredibly loving arrogant they think Labour will continue to back them regardless.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Also Ed at least had a policy platform he was able to communicate to the public. Keir can only speak in management bullshit and anyone who even thinks of themselves as working class loving hates that.

Imagine a Keirstone engraved with "change the things that need changing" and Labour branded mugs that read "fully support the police in these matters"

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

happyhippy posted:

Second dose of AstraZeneca vaccine generally has milder side effects, Pfizer and Moderna hit harder on the second one.

Got my second AZ jab on Wednesday and it was better than the first (first one just left me feeling tired & washed out).

edit; i'm over 50 so no idea about the younger generation...... gently caress it, iv'e turned old. :cry:

Just Another Lurker fucked around with this message at 13:55 on May 8, 2021

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

A124! posted:

This article from December details this:

Big donors gave a lot more than that during his leadership bid that, creepy poster he sent to everyone during his leadership bid probably cost more than they've donated since. I'm sure there's no reason why these people wanted him to be leader, but don't actually want to support him now he's leader.

That's fascinating tbh, i knew he'd had big money backing during his leadership bid and assumed they'd stuck around. Christ it makes his lack of policy direction even more inexplicable.

JoylessJester
Sep 13, 2012

Avon and Somerset Police and Crime Commissioner race won by Conservative Mark Shelford, probably not a great sign. The WECA Mayors already a tory. Could see Marvin Rees losing due to low turnout.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

peanut- posted:

Wait, Kieth's nationwide pub crawl didn't work?!? I thought he came off as a completely relatable bloke who loves a few swift ones with the lads.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1390990068693798912

lol they thought it would be that easy didn't they

just take a few pictures pointing at things and doing all things that those people who do JOBS do

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

jabby posted:

You also have to remember that Corbyn's unpopularity is majorly exaggerated by the media. They will tell you that he's is the most hated man in Britain but it's not actually true, a big chunk of the population liked him and voted for him and constantly blaming him for Starmer's problems isn't going to win that group around.

and we're still caricatured as fanatics who got caught up in a cult of personality when really it was just that corbyn's project, in spite of some big flaws, was pragmatically the best hope for labour to get into power again

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I believe the younger you are the harsher the AZ jab is.

Rustybear
Nov 16, 2006
what the thunder said

Azza Bamboo posted:

Imagine a Keirstone engraved with "change the things that need changing" and Labour branded mugs that read "fully support the police in these matters"

i thought the continuity milliband thing was a bit overblown but after the "policies are wrong while change is ongoing" soundbite we're definitely getting a kierstone and i cant loving wait. if i was a stonemason i'd be popping my literature in the post to labour hq allready

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I believe the younger you are the harsher the AZ jab is.

As I understood it the harsher response is correlated with having had the combined MMR jab. Is that not true after all?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
i had pfizer and both doses flattened me for a couple of days lol

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Dabir posted:

As I understood it the harsher response is correlated with having had the combined MMR jab. Is that not true after all?

I thought that was just that the younger you were (within the age ranges getting jabs) the more likely you were to have that?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

crispix posted:

lol they thought it would be that easy didn't they

just take a few pictures pointing at things and doing all things that those people who do JOBS do

Kier forgot the whippets and flat caps.
Such an amateur mistake.

And getting 2nd Pfzzzzier in 2 weeks. I expect to be curled up in a ball slightly mewing after it.

Pantsmaster Bill
May 7, 2007

https://twitter.com/sarahjolney1/status/1391013492313006084?s=20

Lol the MRLP ran 13 candidates in one election

Unkempt
May 24, 2003

...perfect spiral, scientists are still figuring it out...
Had my second Pfizer two weeks ago and now I've got a massive headache and feel like crap.
That might be the result of going to the pub yesterday and getting shitfaced for the first time in 14 months though.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I thought that was just that the younger you were (within the age ranges getting jabs) the more likely you were to have that?

See the impression I had was that it's the other way around - it appears to be age related because it's actually MMR related. But of course you can prove anything with statistics.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

When the vaccine hits the under 30s in general we are going to get so very many articles from boomer columnists saying how weak the snowflake youth are for not being able to handle a jab, i was fine and it did nothing to me, blitz spirit woke mob blah blagh gaaaAAA

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Unkempt posted:

Had my second Pfizer two weeks ago and now I've got a massive headache and feel like crap.
That might be the result of going to the pub yesterday and getting shitfaced for the first time in 14 months though.

Nah that’s definitely the jab. Disgrace they don’t warn you that it has such long lasting effects.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I still think of that amazing alison pearson article early on about how "generation me is going to have to behave like adults to get the pandemic under control" before the merest hint of a lockdown broke her poor eggshell mind in half and she started screaming about the need to kill as many people as possible so she could get her hair done.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I think she forgot which generation 'generation me' originally was.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

OwlFancier posted:

I still think of that amazing alison pearson article early on about how "generation me is going to have to behave like adults to get the pandemic under control" before the merest hint of a lockdown broke her poor eggshell mind in half and she started screaming about the need to kill as many people as possible so she could get her hair done.
Including her own son, unless i'm confusing her with someone else.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
glad i got the AZ vaccine which has milder side effects except for the really big one which is you become a ģ̸͇͛̈̽̂̎̓ǫ̸̧͔̙͎̜̗̳̎ͅḑ̵̛̣̠̮̣͈̙́̏̚̕ ̸̣̹͕̮͉̉͂̽́̆̎s̵̨͕͙̺̻̽̅͒͗̑̓̅̒͋h̴̗̪̯̭̭̤̩̥̬̠̜̼̰̤̆̅̈̓̚͝ͅą̴̧̛͔͉̬̣͚͔̹̱̳̹̳̟̗͑̄̄͐̈́͒̊̽̈́͂̓͂͘p̸̧̝͔͎̯̦̻̠̝͙͉͔͛̍͛̏̌ė̷̹͎̰͔̊͊̎ḑ̵̧͔̭̞̲͇̻͔̳̐̀͒̏̍̌͘͠ ̷̧̞͔̱̘̭̲̣̗͉̮͈̱̮̓̉̇̿h̷̼̥̠̼͇͙̲̰͔͇͔̲̿̈́̅̓̆́̽͂͗͗̐̇̕͝͠ǫ̵̖̭̼͇̝̼̘̌̓̊͂̉̉̅̇̑͂̕l̶̨̡̩̮̼̺̳̱͗̃̎̀̋͌͝ͅë̸͕̱̪̰̟̬̹̳̺͕̭͇̟́̽́͑͆͗̄ͅ when coming into contact with a variant

Mebh
May 10, 2010

Loving that people are genuinely, actually calling for Corbyn's resignation. From what? The allotment association?

https://twitter.com/PoliticsJOE_UK/status/1390598187128430592

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Mebh posted:

I just want to take care of animals really. If there was an RSPCA party I'd join them.

Dude the Animal Welfare Party is right there

It even stood for the London mayoralty

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
The more things change...

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Unkempt posted:

Needs more empirical evidence.
First needs a control group of 6 cans at home.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

What are the events on gay sports day? Competitive frotting?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Gay sports. It's the 80s equivalent of trans kids competing as their gender. Hand-wringingly terrible for unexamined reasons.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I'm still waiting to hear about my second AZ shot, next week is the 10th week after my first. So I'm giving them till next friday, and if I still haven't heard, I'm gonna phone them.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT

Gyro Zeppeli posted:

I'm still waiting to hear about my second AZ shot, next week is the 10th week after my first. So I'm giving them till next friday, and if I still haven't heard, I'm gonna phone them.

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid-19/coronavirus-vaccination/book-coronavirus-vaccination/
You can book the second directly here.

I did it, then two hours later my GP texted me and told me to book my second lol. I had to cancel the one I booked via that link because the GP one offered it yesterday, instead of next week

:edit: I think that link should be stickied somewhere

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-57036247

They've found cracks in the chassis of some Hitachi high speed trains so the entire fleet across the country has been shut down until they can get a proper check done on every one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

peanut- posted:

Wait, Kieth's nationwide pub crawl didn't work?!? I thought he came off as a completely relatable bloke who loves a few swift ones with the lads.

https://twitter.com/AaronBastani/status/1390990068693798912
I’m pretty sure she calls him Keir Star Man, lol.

Also:
https://mobile.twitter.com/talkRADIO/status/1390710009777041414
Reality continues to be the death of satire.