Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
So yeah the English left should just carry out en masse entryism to the Greens.

Snype

keep punching joe fucked around with this message at 19:43 on May 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"Kieth has taken full responsibility for removing those he holds responsible."

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

Straight up worse than the Tories on instituional sexism, christ lol

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
As a measure of how this is going to be viewed, even the commentators under the Guardian Live blog are aghast.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Oh my god, why would you phrase it like that?
https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1391098005521055744

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

why would jerembly crubbins do this??

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
An utterly contemptible move. Just utter poo poo from someone so desperate to open a parachute that he's managed to open a window.

A124!
Jun 28, 2009
https://twitter.com/patrickkmaguire/status/1391096286254878720

They're going to disaffiliate Momentum

BalloonFish
Jun 30, 2013

Fun Shoe
I was going to say 'so Starmer's first move in his plan to change the party to appeal to the traditional base is to sack the state-educated northern woman who used to be a social worker' but he seems to managed an even more alienating way of doing that:

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

RIP keith, too conciliatory with the left

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Lmao they absolutely demanded to be known as "Labour Modernisers" because New Labour is their goal.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/SolHughesWriter/status/1391102589786284036

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1391101273592717316?s=21

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Isn't Rayner like the exact image of the type of voter Labour are supposed to be chasing? Working class, single mother, white, Northern, bootstrapped their way from leaving school at 16 to a professional job?

How is it so hard for them?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

He's managed to pull off the most sexist and the most classist response possible. Genuinely impressive.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

do twitter embeds not work anymore

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
^^^
They were broken on the app for a while, seem to be working again now, but they load real slowly.

https://twitter.com/SamCoatesSky/status/1391102012012511233
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1391095698091872256
Just seems to be a universal 'what the gently caress' from everyone who isn't part of the Labour Right.

superliminal
Jun 2, 2010
https://twitter.com/hzeffman/status/1391095903361118208

some of the least likeable cunts on the planet being in the running for the post is funny enough, but "minister for the Today programme" is the kicker.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Looke posted:

do twitter embeds not work anymore

They're working for me. I've had issues previously where aggressive adblocking/tracker blocking would stop them working though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

Isn't Rayner like the exact image of the type of voter Labour are supposed to be chasing? Working class, single mother, white, Northern, bootstrapped there way from leaving school at 16 to a professional job?

Yeah but those people shouldn't be in a position to actually make decisions or lead anything. They should just show up on Good Morning Britain or whatever the plebs watch one a month.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Genuinely Angela threw everyone on the left under the bus for a nice promotion and it's come back to absolutely gently caress her. Cannot get enough of these Scorpion taxi edjits.

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

TheRat posted:

They're working for me. I've had issues previously where aggressive adblocking/tracker blocking would stop them working though.

Ah that'll be it then - thanks!

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

BalloonFish posted:

I was going to say 'so Starmer's first move in his plan to change the party to appeal to the traditional base is to sack the state-educated northern woman who used to be a social worker' but he seems to managed an even more alienating way of doing that:

Of course she's still deputy leader. Remember Tom Watson? She's still deputy leader because Keith doesn't have the power to sack her from that role.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Who is this Jenny Chapman person and why are they so poo poo at piloting Starmer around?

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

went off her quite a bit after joining with him but she would be a much better leader than him considering she has some sense of charisma and seems a lot more down to earth than him. Dunno what sacking her will do other than piss ppl who liked her off.

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib

Gambrinus posted:

Are the class 43s still functioning? Could they be dug out of storage if needed?

Yeah, about 50 according to wikipedia. You can't just do a switcheroo though are trained on specific vehicle types a bit like pilots are with planes. Unfamiliarity with vehicle performance was one of the contributory factors to the Neville Hill derailment.
It's further complicated by the way that vehicle performance is baked into the timetable which is issued a year in advance. IEPs can accelerate quite fast (the single mode electrics at least, bi-mode ones are meant to be slugs when running on diesel), so an HST trying to fill in would accumulate delay along the route, run late for passengers, miss train paths across junctions and show up late for driver changeovers. Those drivers are on strict time limits so if their time runs out before they've got to where they are meant to be, they have to stop. If that's in Alnwick and your next driver is waiting in Edinburgh, the only person that wins is the taxi driver.

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-

It sounds like they're planning to give her a mop and tell her to clean Labour HQ after hours.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Josef bugman posted:

Who is this Jenny Chapman person and why are they so poo poo at piloting Starmer around?
Former councilor and then MP for Darlington for 10 years, vice-chair of Progress, backed Owen Smith's leadership challenge, lost her seat in 2019 and then threw in with Starmer and got made a Baroness because ?????.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Ms Adequate posted:

The gyre may be widening and the falcon may no longer hear the falconer, but by god I've got a brand and I'm sticking to it no matter the cost :v:

I mean if we can be certain of one thing it is that the centre definitely cannot hold

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

keep punching joe posted:

Isn't Rayner like the exact image of the type of voter Labour are supposed to be chasing? Working class, single mother, white, Northern, bootstrapped their way from leaving school at 16 to a professional job?

Yes. This isn't telling the hard left not to vote Labour, it's telling the loving Guardian not to vote Labour.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
lol if he fires Nandy as well he'll have basically alienated every faction in the labour party apart from the apparatchiks like Streeting. loving madness.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Josef bugman posted:

Starmer's Dominic Cummings. Here's her Wikipedia entry.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

also he's just ensured he no longer has majority support on the NEC as well hasn't he? Complete brain genius move.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Apraxin posted:

Former councilor and then MP for Darlington for 10 years, vice-chair of Progress, backed Owen Smith's leadership challenge, lost her seat in 2019 and then threw in with Starmer and got made a Baroness because she was the chair for his campaign and Starmer only opposes cronyism when it's the Tories doing it.

ftfy

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe

Sorry when has he opposed Tory cronyism exactly?

Alctel
Jan 16, 2004

I love snails

This made me wince IRL

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Note that Rayner isn't getting removed as Deputy Leader because it's not in Starmer's ability to do so: she was appointed by the membership (who should've voted for Dawn Butler but ho hum)

If Dominic Cummings had ran the Brexit campaign so poorly that they got 35% of the vote at the referendum.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

wonder if the soft left will actually get off their arses and do a leadership challenge over this.

Lol who am I kidding.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Nothingtoseehere posted:

wonder if the soft left will actually get off their arses and do a leadership challenge over this.

Lol who am I kidding.

If he fires nandy as well I don't think he's making it until the end of next week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)
L and once again and ever more MAOOOOO