Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

what a knobhead. can't stop flaunting his shite title round. Also forgot he was an envoy to Israel, assuming he hasn't commented on what happened last night then

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Someone funnier than me, have this idea for free: My War by Black Flag but it's Red Wall. "Red Wall, you're one of them, you say, that you're my friend but you're one of them" etc

Workshop that into a full parody song sung by Keith, you'll make all the pounds.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Lmao

https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1391112866250608646?s=19

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler
You know Starmer's hosed up when Stephen Bush comes out swinging against him:

Stephen Bush posted:

What is there to be said about Keir Starmer’s mystifyingly stupid, self-discrediting and self-destructive decision to sack Angela Rayner as Labour Party chair? Other than the obvious, which is that unless it emerges in relatively short order that Rayner has been quietly defrauding Labour Party funds or running an illicit drug ring, it is mystifyingly stupid, self-discrediting and self-destructive. (Though I suppose given that, we cannot rule out the possibility that someone close to the Labour leader is running an illicit drug ring.)

Bluntly, there is no intelligent analysis of the local elections that would pin the blame on Labour’s deputy leader. These are elections in which the incumbent governments in England, Scotland and Wales have all seen major gains: a picture that defies the idea that what we are seeing is either about a deep-rooted and enduring realignment of the so-called “Red Wall” behind the Conservative Party or that it is a particularly commentary on anything within the gift of Labour.

... Instead, Starmer has decided to scapegoat – or, I think more accurately, try to scapegoat – Rayner. His deputy has privately defended the Labour leader from what she perceived to be unfair criticism, and taken considerable flank from her own allies on the party’s left. Now she has been rewarded with dismissal from the post of Labour Party chair.

The result will likely be both a deepening of Labour’s existing divides and an opening of new wounds, as many MPs who had, until now, regarded Starmer’s leadership as a positive are now left in a state of confusion and anger. (One representative reaction to me escalated from asking if I were joking to describing it as a “loving joke”.) It must now surely mean that Starmer’s leadership is in considerable peril.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

forkboy84 posted:

South of Scotland have shat it & voted for no Green MSPs. Meanwhile Glasgow was 0.2% away from having a 2nd Green MSP. Further reinforcing my point that a vote for SNP on the peach ballot was a self-indulgent waste that just let the Tories gain more seats.

On the plus-side, Joan MacAlpine is in the bin

Is there a breakdown anywhere of the maths behind the regionals? My other half did SNP/SNP in Scotland south and is smug that they got an extra seat out of it (i'd been going on about SNP/Green as a vote).

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

Rumda posted:

I mean if we can be certain of one thing it is that the centre definitely cannot hold

Were vexed to nightmare by a rocking cradle, And what rough beast, its hour come round at last, Slouches towards Bethlehem to be born?

Which beast to choose? We're spoilt for choice atm.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Dabir posted:

I just went looking for @parliawint's takes on yesterday and he's been loving banned! What the gently caress?

Everyone good gets banned.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006

Vitamin P posted:

Everyone good gets banned.

well that explains why you're still around I guess

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/pippacrerar/status/1391102517837193216?s=21

This is some proper, old-school mad king poo poo. Dude's likely lurching around his office, soused out of his mind, screaming about 'traitors'.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Kin posted:

Is there a breakdown anywhere of the maths behind the regionals? My other half did SNP/SNP in Scotland south and is smug that they got an extra seat out of it (i'd been going on about SNP/Green as a vote).

I wouldn't say she should really be smug about it, South of Scotland was really the only constituency where SNP/SNP made any sense.

This is a pretty good post into how the Additional Member System works but the gist is you divide the number of seats you've won+1 in the region by the number of votes.

So the SNP got all 9 seats in Glasgow, & 133,917. So you'd divide that by 10 to get 13,392. This means that 134,000 SNP votes were wasted, they were never ever going to get a list seat in Glasgow. Meanwhile the Tories get 2 & the Greens 1 despite just 900 votes between them, because people bought the #BothVotesSNP shite. loving moronic but hey.

forkboy84 fucked around with this message at 21:37 on May 8, 2021

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1391131442235772928?s=20

This gets even better

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Oh my loving god.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

He's already deleted it.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.

forkboy84 posted:

I wouldn't say she should really be smug about it, South of Scotland was really the only constituency where SNP/SNP made any sense.

This is a pretty good post into how the Additional Member System works but the gist is you divide the number of seats you've won+1 in the region by the number of votes.

So the SNP got all 9 seats in Glasgow, & 133,917. So you'd divide that by 10 to get 13,392. This means that 134,000 SNP votes were wasted, they were never ever going to get a list seat in Glasgow. Meanwhile the Tories get 2 & the Greens 1 despite just 900 votes between them, because people bought the #BothVotesSNP shite. loving moronic but hey.

Yeah i get that, it' just your original post i quoted implied we'd wasted the vote by not voting for green. I thought it might have been something like if a few more of us had voted green then Scotland south would have returned an SNP and Green seat in the regionals.

Soylent Yellow
Nov 5, 2010

yospos

Starmer's plan for electoral success is still to copy Boris at every opportunity, then.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

What did it say???

CGI Stardust
Nov 7, 2010

Brexit is but a door,
election time is but a window.

I'll be back

Ash Crimson posted:

What did it say???

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

God dammit Tim Shipman, I am too lazy to screengrab tweets

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1391132717107003406
If loving Peston says Nandy and Ashworth have never badmouthed Starmer, even in private, then it's probably accurate. They barely even qualify as soft left! But now they're briefing to journalists that they're going to be sacked for disloyalty, meaning even if they weren't they probably will be now.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

jabby posted:

They barely even qualify as soft left!

Nandy is pretty much Blue Labour

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Hahaha oh god that would be amazing

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1391133520190443523
So now it's common knowledge Starmer is loving his aide.

The last 48 hours of politics have cheered me up no end, its been great.

Edit

Bardeh posted:

lmao wow that one was deleted too, it's definitely true then

this was it, btw:

jabby fucked around with this message at 22:08 on May 8, 2021

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

hahahahahahaha holy shiiiiitttttttt

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
https://twitter.com/samjordison/status/1391015431557820419

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

jabby posted:

Why was the tweet deleted though?

Desiderata
May 25, 2005
Go placidly amid the noise and haste...
Nice to see the Labour right tradition of pathological and recursive "trot" hunting remains alive and well.

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe

Thom12255 posted:

Doesn't want to get sued for libel probably

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
I don't know anything about Tim Shipman but I sense he doesn't like Starmer much

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1391102420525191181?s=20

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Nandy is on the labour right just not a blairite so that's another faction alienated

Mind you theyr harnessing the power of the JessHive

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Thom12255 posted:

It's the kind of thing you dont just tweet out

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

jabby posted:

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1391133520190443523

The last 48 hours of politics have cheered me up no end, its been great.

PLEASE SCREENCAP TWEETS BEFORE LINKINGAFHGD

arghhfgdf

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

A family member of mine has worked with starmer and says he's an arrogant prick, given the family member that's saying something

Bardeh
Dec 2, 2004

Fun Shoe
lmao wow that one was deleted too, it's definitely true then

this was it, btw:

Small Strange Bird
Sep 22, 2006

Merci, chaton!
The SNP are one seat short of an absolute majority, but with the Greens there's now a solid pro-indy majority in the Scottish Parliament. Correct?

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

not very cricket of them old boy

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I would suggest that it would be a good idea to join or rejoin the Labour Party at this point.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
At this rate Jessflaps is going to have a shot at the leadership.

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral

Payndz posted:

The SNP are one seat short of an absolute majority, but with the Greens there's now a solid pro-indy majority in the Scottish Parliament. Correct?
Yep, majority of 7. In terms of vote, constituency was pro-Unionby like 50.5% to 49.5%, and the list vote was pro-Indy by the same margin.

Feels oddly like when Cameron called the Brexit vote, tbh.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Comrade Fakename posted:

I would suggest that it would be a good idea to join or rejoin the Labour Party at this point.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Azza Bamboo posted:

At this rate Jessflaps is going to have a shot at the leadership.

I think she's gonna take it this time

We all laughed at her but both my boomer parents like her

E though historically nobody my parents vote for becomes leader so RIP