Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vegetables
Mar 10, 2012

This is the third consecutive Scottish Parliament where there’s been a pro-Indy majority so it’s not really a new thing; it’s bigger than the one there was last week but not by very much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Someone do the Downfall bunker but with Starmer.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

vegetables posted:

This is the third consecutive Scottish Parliament where there’s been a pro-Indy majority so it’s not really a new thing; it’s bigger than the one there was last week but not by very much

Scotland needs independence... it needs it like air.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I refuse to believe Starmer is nobbing his coworker, it’s too normal and human and relatable

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

I’m being very serious. If there’s a leadership contest we don’t know when the cutoff point for joining will be. It could be immediate.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Comrade Fakename posted:

I’m being very serious. If there’s a leadership contest we don’t know when the cutoff point for joining will be. It could be immediate.

It doesn’t loving matter who is Labour leader, if they’re any good they won’t be allowed to succeed.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Poor old Kieth. Every time he gets the cabinet together for a big old discussion about policy he locks eyes with Jenny Chapman across the room and has to send the rest of them outside while the two of them go at it on the big table like rutting hogs.

No wonder he's not got anything done in the past year.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"
I'm in unite so I should still get an affiliate vote right?

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

I MASHED THE KEYS AND LOOK WHAT I MADE

Comrade Fakename posted:

Wouldn't it be backdated? Still might rejoin, a month or two isn't going to cost me much and I've had two days now of good wholesome chuckles

^ if pipe smoking dog is correct then I'm already a unite member so no need I guess. I must have known this at some point, my loving memory has disintegrated

kyojin fucked around with this message at 22:24 on May 8, 2021

spiderbot
Oct 21, 2012

Comrade Fakename posted:

Ooooor join an affiliated union and you get both a vote and workplace protections.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

kyojin posted:

Wouldn't it be backdated? Still might rejoin, a month or two isn't going to cost me much and I've had two days now of good wholesome chuckles

Remember last time when they went to court to exclude as many people as possible in an attempt to ratfuck Corbyn?

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Noxville posted:

I refuse to believe Starmer is nobbing his coworker, it’s too normal and human and relatable

Maybe that was his pointing was about.
He wasn't, he was going 'smell my finger!'.

peanut-
Feb 17, 2004
Fun Shoe
This is insanely entertaining

https://twitter.com/REWearmouth/status/1391139439716483074

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

TheRat posted:

Remember last time when they went to court to exclude as many people as possible in an attempt to ratfuck Corbyn?

All that hard work and it's themselves they ratfucked the hardest lol

josh04
Oct 19, 2008

"THE FLASH IS THE REASON
TO RACE TO THE THEATRES"

This title contains sponsored content.

https://twitter.com/inthesedeserts/status/1391141933679104006

Unbelievable scenes.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded

Noxville posted:

It doesn’t loving matter who is Labour leader, if they’re any good they won’t be allowed to succeed.

"we might well lose so best not try and fight at all" is the most useless, most morally indefensible position. You are actively advocating for surrendering to forces you know are immoral.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Endjinneer
Aug 17, 2005
Fallen Rib
It feels like in politics you can't follow one popular leader with another. After the bloodstained corpse of the last one has been dragged off, you need a human dishcloth to swab away the bloodstains.
Starmer's purpose is to be the carriage return in the list of Labour party leaders. Who comes next will really define what Labour is to be for the next election.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

kyojin posted:

^ if pipe smoking dog is correct then I'm already a unite member so no need I guess. I must have known this at some point, my loving memory has disintegrated

In previous leadership elections, for instance the last one, there was a period of time after the election was called that people could join in and still vote. Will that happen again if there’s another contest now? There’s no way to guarantee it.

Pesky Splinter
Feb 16, 2011

A worried pug.
Torn between the breakdown the Tories had when May was in charge, on this ongoing trainwreck as being the funniest.

The former was good in seeing the Tories eat poo poo, but this is enjoyable in sheer spite.

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

Noxville posted:

Nah, it matters. Even if they don't win, the politics of the leader of the opposition matters.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

Vitamin P posted:

"we might well lose so best not try and fight at all" is the most useless, most morally indefensible position. You are actively advocating for surrendering to forces you know are immoral.

No I’m not, I’d argue to destroy the Labour Party entirely.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

peanut- posted:

I don't know anything about Tim Shipman but I sense he doesn't like Starmer much

https://twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1391102420525191181?s=20

Political editor of the Sunday Times.

https://twitter.com/shippersunbound/status/1391109715216719873?s=21

https://twitter.com/shippersunbound/status/1391126001619439617?s=21

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Pesky Splinter posted:

Torn between the breakdown the Tories had when May was in charge, on this ongoing trainwreck as being the funniest.

The former was good in seeing the Tories eat poo poo, but this is enjoyable in sheer spite.

Maybe beaten by the DUP in the upcoming weeks.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Endjinneer posted:

It feels like in politics you can't follow one popular leader with another. After the bloodstained corpse of the last one has been dragged off, you need a human dishcloth to swab away the bloodstains.
Starmer's purpose is to be the carriage return in the list of Labour party leaders. Who comes next will really define what Labour is to be for the next election.

Are you saying Starmer is the David Moyes of politics?

You don't need votes to be a winner but he is a winner.

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/orwell_fan/status/1391138703821656064?s=21

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013
Absolutely agree that now is the best time to rejoin Labour and won't be spun as "Actually the influx of new members is proof that Starmer's winning people over!"

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

blues thief posted:

Absolutely agree that now is the best time to rejoin Labour and won't be spun as "Actually the influx of new members is proof that Starmer's winning people over!"

I don’t think anyone would seriously be convinced by that. Were people und er the impression that an influx of members after the 2019 election was good for the Corbynite left?

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

Eligibility for a leadership election is determined by the NEC, which Starmer still doesn't fully control (especially without the DLOC vote). But the best move is to join an affliated union, yea.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

kyojin posted:

Okay so apparently I'm not an affiliate because when I joined I was a party member and it didn't seem necessary, but I can't work out how to amend my membership...

Might need to drop my rep an email on Monday

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
Electing a less poo poo Labour leader will just drag out the death process

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
https://twitter.com/rewearmouth/status/1391139439716483074?s=21

:stonklol:

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Nothingtoseehere posted:

Eligibility for a leadership election is determined by the NEC, which Starmer still doesn't fully control (especially without the DLOC vote). But the best move is to join an affliated union, yea.

Starmer may not control the NEC, but there are still plenty on there that might not want a left-winger winning in a leadership contest.

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013

Comrade Fakename posted:

I don’t think anyone would seriously be convinced by that. Were people und er the impression that an influx of members after the 2019 election was good for the Corbynite left?

Corbyn was clearly on the way out. A lot's happening, but it very much seems like Starmer's going to hang in there at the moment.

Rasler
Dec 30, 2008
I'm half convinced that the reason that Journo started tweeting affair rumours was because they're bored waiting for the London Mayoral results.

If we don't get them soon, we're going to end up hearing lurid sex tales about Keith or something worse.

Please, hurry up and release the results!

Apraxin
Feb 22, 2006

General-Admiral
Hope you Scotgoons are ready to feel the love:
https://twitter.com/Peston/status/1391143568006422528

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

https://twitter.com/stefgotbooted/status/1391143147753910277

kyojin
Jun 15, 2005

a pipe smoking dog posted:

Okay so apparently I'm not an affiliate because when I joined I was a party member and it didn't seem necessary, but I can't work out how to amend my membership...

Might need to drop my rep an email on Monday

I'm probably the same in that case

It's only £4.42/month, I think Comrade Fakename is right & seems worth re-joining just in case we get a chance to further enrage the right

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guavanaut posted:

The more things change...

Surely there are worse anti labour posters complaining about having the wrong sort of people living near you?

i absolutely know about it i just don't want it in my search history

Noxville posted:

If it helps to visialise the scene, imagine two chunks of ham trapped in the corner of an abbatoir conveyor belt, flailing and somehow avoiding the blades while making a noise like 'thlptplbptpltbtp' as they slap against each other.

Actually don't, that's just upsetting.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

Suddenly thinking about this post

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all