Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

let's be real we knew Keith was an incompetent dipshit when his leadership slogan wasn't "Steer calmer with Keir Starmer"

cat tax

Dabir fucked around with this message at 00:16 on May 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

https://twitter.com/CatAldgate/status/1391158984988631040
https://twitter.com/mynnoj/status/1391145661165412356
https://twitter.com/demarionunn/status/1391156738330607620
https://twitter.com/SturdyFern/status/1391154394209607683

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

BalloonFish posted:

His galactic-scale incompetence would surely be a pretty good indicator that he was a British security services plant, I'd have thought.

What's the deal with Andy Burnham? I mostly remember him as a second-tier New Labour suit, but a quick skim down his wiki page suggests that he's got at least some decent principles and then there's the whole King of the North thing last year.

He seems to be a genuine soft-lefty (rather than a mild liberal calling themselves 'soft left'). He seems like he could be the sort of leader Starmer promised he'd be - palatable to a broad spectrum of the party and, while seemingly a bit of a weathervane, at least a weathervane with the sense to take onboard which way the wind's blowing.

But I'm sure the thread will be able to explain in great detail why he's no better than any of the other high-ups left in the party.

His 2015 run was some proper continuity-Miliband poo poo, and not remotely acceptable for a leader of the party, but he was loyal to Corbyn afterwards and seems to have shifted his politics in a decent direction. Definitely warrants some serious scrutiny to see how far his new conversion goes, though.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

quote:

More seasoned supporters of Starmer say he is the victim of circumstances. They would be cheered by the cautious conclusion drawn by one Tory official: “Covid can give and Covid can take away.” In other words, the pandemic has led to instability that could transform Starmer’s reign just as it has Johnson’s.

Voters do not appear to be put off by stories about the latter’s private life, seeing him as a lovable rogue. In contrast, as one Labour insider put it: “Keir Starmer is the perfect husband, but you just wouldn’t want to have sex with him.”

XMNN fucked around with this message at 00:20 on May 9, 2021

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.

BalloonFish posted:

His galactic-scale incompetence would surely be a pretty good indicator that he was a British security services plant, I'd have thought.

What's the deal with Andy Burnham? I mostly remember him as a second-tier New Labour suit, but a quick skim down his wiki page suggests that he's got at least some decent principles and then there's the whole King of the North thing last year.

He seems to be a genuine soft-lefty (rather than a mild liberal calling themselves 'soft left'). He seems like he could be the sort of leader Starmer promised he'd be - palatable to a broad spectrum of the party and, while seemingly a bit of a weathervane, at least a weathervane with the sense to take onboard which way the wind's blowing.

But I'm sure the thread will be able to explain in great detail why he's no better than any of the other high-ups left in the party.

I remember during the leadership race that he looked like he was made of plastic, he was so unnaturally shiny. His speeches and pitches were similarly artificial feeling.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Is there anything else that could happen to make these last 2 days more catastrophic for Starmer?

Almost overnight he's repudiated the labour right's electability, lost a historic number of council seats, halved Labour's voteshare in Hartlepool, infuriated every wing of the party, and on top of all that, the person he's scapegoating Angela for turns out to be his mistress.

Neurolimal fucked around with this message at 00:25 on May 9, 2021

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

for tories, add in a picture of julius caesar getting stabbed

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

i can think of one labor insider that wanted to have sex with him

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://twitter.com/kglasss/status/1391171833597136896

You love to see it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

jabby posted:

Nah, it matters. Even if they don't win, the politics of the leader of the opposition matters.

Also I think it has been demonstrated that this watching them absolutely flail is the funniest loving poo poo and that's definitely worth a few quid to me.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.
Absolute top tier meltdown today.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Top Keir Meltdown

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
New 'keith is an op' theory just dropped:

https://twitter.com/pashukanist/status/1390957366376603652?s=21

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
COMRADES, WE WILL MAKE THE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JennyChapman/status/1228256283498860546

Feb 14, 2020

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Convex posted:

I'm seeing Kier Starmer in the trolley problem jiggling the lever just the right way to jacknife the train and obliterate everything in sight, including him

Obligatory:

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
It took turning on Angela for an hour for Keith to have his career and marriage destroyed by what seems to be an open secret. Angie is cold blooded.

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
wtf did i miss the past 24 hours?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Starmer took responsibility by sacking all the women in the cabinet and pissed off everyone else in the party and apparently he did it because he's shagging jenny chapman.

Forensic!

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Chuka Umana posted:

Sir Lewis Hamilton has pole position in the Spanish GP

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo
when is someone going to put him out of his misery!!!

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

At this rate he will have managed that himself by next week.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Integrity. Authority. Unity.

Doctor Teeth
Sep 12, 2008

https://twitter.com/breadandposes/status/1391159507364028419

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Azza Bamboo posted:

COMRADES, WE WILL MAKE THE CHANGES THAT NEED TO BE MADE.

What is to be done? The changes. The changes are to be done.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
It's cool that the Labour right saw support for social democratic parties drain across Europe and never thought it could happen to them.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

They aren't even social democratic, starmer has offered literally no policy whatsoever in his tenure, all he does is waffle on about "values" and how in touch he is with the working people of britain without actually doing anything you could call politics.

And amazingly people come back and say they have no idea what labour stands for and they don't like him.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
I cant imagine even the most critical leftist expected Starmer to halve Labour's Hartlepool vote share. Just a tremendous discrediting of the idea that Labour simply needs to run rightward & not feature jeremiah crinbin to win.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Chuka Umana posted:

The destruction of labour AND Keith’s marriage by his own hubris

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

https://twitter.com/BBCBweaking/status/1391151578409848833?s=19

Binface at least beat Wario Corbyn and Peter Gammons. Fox got enough first round votes to act smug about it.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Live pictures from the Starmer residence

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's genuinely great that he's just coming off as a massive loving sleaze because that's literally been the only thing he whinges at boris about. Turns out he also can't keep his dick in his pants and acts like an infant under the slightest pressure.

smellmycheese
Feb 1, 2016

Say what you like about Tony Blair but he stuck by his token working class deputy even after he decided to land a right hook straight on a voters jaw

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

smellmycheese posted:

Say what you like about Tony Blair

He's a oval office

Jippa
Feb 13, 2009
20 hours after my AZ shot. My neck feels like I've been in a car crash. I haven't felt any nausea though (which I was expecting). I got about 2 hours sleep. Hopefully it slowly gets better from now on?

:f5:

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It wiped me out for about 24 hours but yeah it picks up fairly quickly once you start to plateau.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

pasokos

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Kieth can't even do sleaze right. Having an affair with another MP and high level party bureaucrat is a way of going about that's very likely to eventually backfire.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I genuinely wonder if he has literally just spend the last year and a half getting shitfaced on the party dime and shagging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
Tbh if I was leader of the Labour Party that's what I 'd do.