Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes

Cloud Potato posted:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... mourners

If mother has to die she wants to cause as many deaths of other people while she's at it. You're all coming down with me, sort of thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on David Cameron and the Greensill lobbying scandal – As the government faces claims that ‘sleaze is back’ amid an array of lobbying revelations, it was also reported that Cameron repeatedly pushed the Bank of England and Treasury to risk up to £20bn to help Greensill Capital"

Telegraph:

Biggest deficit since Second World War as borrowing hits £300bn

Independent:

‘Mad and totally unethical’: Dominic Cummings hits out at Boris Johnson After Frans Hals.

The i paper:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson versus Dominic Cummings

After Wes Craven.

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! David Squires on the 93rd Academy Awards.

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

Jfc, this is like something goons would make as a joke

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Dominic Cummings returns to haunt Boris Johnson – Who’s been leaking the texts between the prime minister and James Dyson?"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on the No 10 sleaze scandal – Former adviser Dominic Cummings has alleged that Boris Johnson hatched a ‘possibly illegal’ plan for donors to pay to renovate his flat"

Telegraph:

Historic wins for Nomadland – and surprise victory for Anthony Hopkins – at odd Oscars

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Good to see Bozza & Dom wanking a statue off

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Boris Johnson and Downing Street leaks – The PM has denied he said he would rather see bodies piled ‘high in their thousands’ than order a third lockdown. The claim follows a briefing war between Johnson and his former key adviser Dominic Cummings"

Telegraph:

British team aiming to reclaim record in half-chopper, half-bike land-speed machine

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a loophole

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson’s Downing Street renovations – Pressure is growing on Boris Johnson to explain how he funded renovations to his Downing Street flat, after it was suggested he had not declared a significant loan from the Conservative party thought to have been funded by a donor"

Telegraph:

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Name the VIP firms given PPE billions, MPs and campaigners demand

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Chatty Rat inquiry

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
Paul: I could recognise all of those politicians, and none of them are horrific racial caricatures! Congratulations, that's progress!

They are all done to varying levels of realism though, and that's disquieting. Also they're all looking at the camera unnaturally, and not at each other, with their horrifying rictus grins.

D-, anodyne low-effort cartoon, no badger. Where's the badger Paul? Where's. The. Badger.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Even Gove is staring directly at the reader, through the ommatophore in his ear canal.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

Paul has no ability to caricature people, he 100% use direct reference, every time, for every one of them. God he sucks.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Brian Adcock on corruption claims in the Conservatives – Boris Johnson is facing an Electoral Commission inquiry into the financing of refurbishments carried out on his Downing Street flat"

Telegraph:

Line of Duty: Penultimate episode achieves record ratings; Line of Duty - Wikipedia

Matt:

Voters not put off by sleaze claims, Tory MPs say, as poll shows drop in approval

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

Holiday boost as Grant Shapps says NHS app will be used for travel passport

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a fairy tale

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
No it's not about wallpaper you gently caress, it's about money and undeclared political donations and misuse of funds and the loving fucks who conduct political matters like they're running a loving lunch club with some other cocaine-addicted social lampreys from the city.

gently caress

Jrbg
May 20, 2014

Said it before, say it again: I could do a better job than Blower, and I can barely draw. Pay me telegraph, you cowards

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Henny Beaumont on the ‘cash for curtains’ scandal – PM’s flat refurbishments could be investigated by body with powers that can lead to suspensions if serious breaches have occurred"

Telegraph:

‘Crisis into opportunity’: Biden lays out vision for sweeping change in speech to Congress

Matt:

Independent:

Arlene Foster to step down as Northern Ireland first minister

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... suggestions

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Fair play to Matt there.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Johnson’s communications meltdown – An explosive blog post by former No 10 adviser Dominic Cummings has triggered a further sleaze scandal in the Conservative government"

Telegraph:

Matt:

Boris Johnson’s phone number ‘listed online for last 15 years’

Independent:

After Hogarth.

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... nightclubs re-opening

Stephen Collins:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"The emperor’s new curtains – Faced with an inquiry into the refurbishment of his flat, Boris Johnson feels a little exposed"

Sunday Telegraph:

Boris Johnson prepared to take SNP to Supreme Court to stop second independence referendum

Sunday Times:

Mail on Sunday:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Every now and then I think about posting the political cartoons of Chris Cairns, cartoonist for reasonable blogger with reasonable concerns about sjws taking over the independence movement, wings over scotland

but usually i decide not to. as far as I can tell the actual newspapers in scotland don't post cartoons online so there are no local hot takes on the upcoming holyrood election from there. not even that godwaful photocollage guy the national used to print

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Angepain posted:

Every now and then I think about posting the political cartoons of Chris Cairns, cartoonist for reasonable blogger with reasonable concerns about sjws taking over the independence movement, wings over scotland

but usually i decide not to. as far as I can tell the actual newspapers in scotland don't post cartoons online so there are no local hot takes on the upcoming holyrood election from there. not even that godwaful photocollage guy the national used to print

This is great, feel free to post more. :yayclod:

Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on refurbishment of Downing Street – Boris Johnson faces questions over financing his Downing Street flat’s makeover, at a time when MPs have voted against protecting homeowners from post-Grenfell fire safety costs"

Telegraph:

The end of lockdown: exactly how much freedom will we have?

Independent:

Times:

:sun: It's not hot! :supaburn:

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Cloud Potato posted:

This is great, feel free to post more. :yayclod:

the downside is it requires me to actually look at Wings Over Scotland from time to time. also they're not particularly frequent, but i'm sure he'll cobble together something salty when Alba get no seats this weekend

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"

Angepain posted:

the downside is it requires me to actually look at Wings Over Scotland from time to time. also they're not particularly frequent, but i'm sure he'll cobble together something salty when Alba get no seats this weekend

I can imagine, looking at the Mail website's not much fun either.

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Nicola Jennings on coronavirus and vaccines — Public urged to remain patient before next relaxation of Covid restrictions as there is still a possibility cases could ‘reignite’"

Telegraph:

Keir Starmer plays down Labour hopes for 6 May elections

Matt:

UK travel firms say holidays abroad will be back this summer

Independent:

Times:

England Covid rule that ‘turned care homes into prisons’ to be scrapped

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a shambolic return to freedom (also 'We understand it wasn't the ''urgent exit'' ending some anticipated': Line Of Duty's Martin Compston and creator Jed Mercurio address fan backlash after 'disappointing' series six finale)

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson, ‘levelling up’ and the Hartlepool byelection – A spokesman today refused to deny reports that a Tory donor was asked to fund the PM’s nanny. Despite a string of recent sleaze allegations against Johnson, Labour looks set for a huge defeat in the Hartlepool byelection"

Telegraph:

"Take the issue of independence out of Scotland’s election and the SNP would be struggling" - James Mitchell

Matt:

Independent:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Bill Gates's marriage split

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

ok i will admit that i smirked at "electile dysfunction"

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s hopes in Hartlepool byelection – Labour polling from Hartlepool show only about 40% of the party’s previous supporters had pledged to vote for the party on Thursday"
Bonus! Posy Simmonds and David Squires on the Guardian's 200th anniversary.

Telegraph:

Matt:

France threatens to cut off power to Jersey in post-Brexit fishing row

Independent:

#DogsAtPollingStations on Twitter

Times:

Evening Standard:

UK sends navy vessels to Jersey amid post-Brexit fishing row with France

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Meghan Markle's book

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Boris Johnson sending patrol boats to Jersey — Boris Johnson said two Royal Navy patrol vessels would remain in place around Jersey as French fishers ended a six-hour protest at St Helier’s harbour in an escalating dispute over post-Brexit fishing rules" After Gillray.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Labour crashes to humiliating byelection defeat in Hartlepool

Independent:

Times:

Evening Standard:

England’s traffic-light system for foreign travel: all you need to know

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... brinkmanship with France

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Woke RAF taking are statues down.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
I live in the one unlabelled bum

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Labour’s defeat in the Hartlepool byelection – Labour has suffered a humiliating byelection defeat in Hartlepool after the party’s former heartland town elected a Conservative MP for the first time in 62 years"; Monkey-hanger - Wikipedia. After Gillray????

Telegraph:

Independent:

After Dali.

The i paper:

Times:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Archie's birthday

Stephen Collins:

Bonus! David Squires on Paddington 2.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

Angepain posted:

but i'm sure he'll cobble together something salty when Alba get no seats this weekend

boy was i not wrong (though it's not from the usual Wings guy, he got a guest artist to show the proper level of bile)

e: remember this is from a website which supports independence

Angepain fucked around with this message at 12:01 on May 9, 2021

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who is being gaslit in this analogy?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
haha, they're not actually women you see, because *consults book of sex and gender theory* huh *consults book of developmental endocrinology* peh *consults book written by actual Nazis* aha!

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

goatface posted:

Who is being gaslit in this analogy?

from my experiences of dickheads on the internet, I would assume she means TERFs who say trans women are not real women are being gaslit by Woke Gender Ideology that says they are. You may have a follow-up question of "wait does that really count as gaslighting", which would mean you have thought through this argument more than the TERFs have. they just like to use the term because it implies transgender people are abusing women.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's also this cartoon but a decade on.

With all the same implications of "large adult males covered in tattoos will force their ideology on us" if read from the intended perspective, but actually "just stop being a dickhead and give them a room."

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Observer:

"Keir Starmer’s red wall – The Labour leader’s rebuilding job just got that much harder"

Sunday Telegraph:

Matt:

Sunday Times:

Keir Starmer to reshuffle Labour frontbench after election losses

Mail on Sunday:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on Boris Johnson’s winning local election strategy – Buoyed by the success of the Covid vaccination programme, the Tories scored a string of victories in northern England and the Midlands leaving Labour in deep gloom and Keir Starmer’s future uncertain"

Telegraph:

Johnson to allow hugging and indoor venues to reopen in England from 17 May; Sturgeon says second independence vote ‘a matter of when, not if’

Matt:

Independent:

Labour reshuffle: Angela Rayner takes major role after Keir Starmer standoff

Times:

Evening Standard:

Hopes fade for minke whale stranded in River Thames

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Steve Bell on Keir Starmer’s shadow cabinet reshuffle – The Labour leader has moved to ease party tensions with an address to staff and shadow cabinet members praising his deputy, Angela Rayner, after a bitter briefing war" After Holman Hunt.

Telegraph:

Matt:

Anger over failure in Queen’s speech to set out social care plans

Independent:

Times:

No carriages and a solo throne – the Covid-compliant Queen’s speech

Evening Standard:

The Making of Rodin review – not a radical, just a plain old genius

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... freedom at last

David Squires:

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Ben Jennings on the Queen’s speech and plans for mandatory voter ID – Britons will have to show photo ID to vote in future general elections, according to government plans laid out in the Queen’s speech. Critics claim could deter poorer and ethnic minority voters from taking part in democracy"

Telegraph:

Blair and Corbyn weigh in on Keir Starmer’s election troubles After Rodin.

Matt:

Boris Johnson to apply to have court judgment struck out, says No 10

Independent:

Times:

Matt Hancock refuses to say when social care ‘injustices’ will be fixed

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... a mask-free future?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
Guardian:

"Martin Rowson on Israel and Gaza – Israel will not stop its military operation in Gaza until ‘complete quiet’ has been achieved, the country’s defence minister has said, as airstrikes and rocket fire continued throughout Wednesday"

Telegraph:

Boris Johnson under fire for delaying Covid public inquiry until 2022

Matt:

GPs told to screen patients online first

Independent:

Starmer can be PM if he curbs power of Labour factions, says Mandelson; Cerne Giant in Dorset dates from Anglo-Saxon times, analysis suggests

Times:

Evening Standard:

Mail:
PAUL THOMAS on... Boris Johnson's money woes