Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Rustybear posted:

actual election winner tony blair being parachuted in and immediately demanding to drive the car would be nearly as funny as vampire tony freshly risen from the grave being staked on live tv by a by-election loss

is this some adonis-adjacent frothing? it has to be

https://twitter.com/Andrew_Adonis/status/1391315496721653761

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

the sex ghost
Sep 6, 2009
Imagining a labour leadership contest between Kier, Jess Phillips, a token lefty and Tony loving Blair

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

the sex ghost posted:

Imagining a labour leadership contest between Kier, Jess Phillips, a token lefty and Tony loving Blair

which token lefty is it that ends up as loto in that situation

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Private Speech posted:

which token lefty is it that ends up as loto in that situation

tony blair with a mustache

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

shirts and skins posted:

I saw this indescribably vile thing so now I'm inflicting it on you

https://twitter.com/papasombra/status/1391137346050039810?s=19

honest uk politics shitposting needs more of this. im v disappointed with uk pol poo poo twitter mostly just being people going "this kieth chap isnt quite so clever as he seems, is he"

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Wait so Tony Blair is not anti-semite?

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Egg Moron
Jul 21, 2003

the dreams of the delighting void

Tony Blaire is powerful because his wife is a witch

The same was true for ronald Reagan

If you wanna get venerated by history, your wife needs to be psychically sensitive and out and proud about it

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Rustybear posted:

where's this from, i didn't think anything could possibly top keith shagger 20 pumps ahead yesterday but blair being parachuted in to lose would be nuclear

Severe twitter rumours but it honestly seems plausible. Mandelson was in charge of all labour messaging for these elections and is now saying all out war with the unions is needed

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

the sex ghost posted:

Rayner has already won the next leadership election after last night. She's not on the left though

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
lol how does this poo poo just keep getting funnier?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/CountBinface/status/1391194754881368064?s=19

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

lol how does this poo poo just keep getting funnier?

It's not meant to be funny

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Is he related to Bucket on head?

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

An insane mind posted:

Is he related to Bucket on head?

same chap i think, had to change the outfit because of a clash with some other performer or something

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Ash Crimson posted:

neither is your face, and yet everybody's laughing

Valko
Sep 18, 2015

multijoe posted:

I won't say much for Blair, but I think he's enough of an operator to know not to expose himself to frontline politics again, especially as Labour could be in its death throes at this point

Some historical revisionist is going to blame Corbyn for killing the labour party. From what I've seen in this thread lately some goons are saying almost exactly that.

Party Boat
Nov 1, 2007

where did that other dog come from

who is he

Labour's only route back to power is if Brian Cox can reform D:Ream

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

neither is your face, and yet everybody's laughing

An absolute jobby of a post

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE

Valko posted:

Some historical revisionist is going to blame Corbyn for killing the labour party. From what I've seen in this thread lately some goons are saying almost exactly that.

Corbyn didn't kill the party, he just delayed its ongoing death by a few years extra

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

John Charity Spring posted:

Corbyn didn't kill the party, he just delayed its ongoing death by a few years extra

Pasok Pasok Pasok and so forth and so on

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Party Boat posted:

Labour's only route back to power is if Brian Cox can reform D:Ream

the coward blocked me on twitter. stupid astrophysicist with bad political opinions

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

i' m glad that cspammer who ran for congress didn't give up his dream

https://twitter.com/OxfordCity/status/1391080506293465099?s=20

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

An insane mind posted:

Wait so Tony Blair is not anti-semite?

I have it on good authority that he feels like he's almost a Jew op.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Unfortunately lozza fox beat count binface, and even more unfortunately both beat the E-London guy. What is the world coming to.

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Ash Crimson posted:

That makes it even funnier.

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
https://twitter.com/Gabriel_Pogrund/status/1391119831982817293

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

What a freak

https://twitter.com/CloHiggins/status/1391083611860967426?s=19

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Don't wheelchairs already have back support?

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

It's transparently an anti-homeless bench, playing it off as a disability aid is just repulsive on numerous levels

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

lol

https://twitter.com/hanachronism/status/1391364295313829897?s=20

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013
I didn't realise Galway was in the UK.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

prefect posted:

Don't wheelchairs already have back support?

yea, i was gonna ask, if you're in a wheelchair then don't you already have somewhere to sit by definition?

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Quinntan posted:

I didn't realise Galway was in the UK.

it is in my ck3 game op

breadshaped
Apr 1, 2010

Soiled Meat

really like the first reply ratio on this

Zulily Zoetrope
Jun 1, 2011

Muldoon

Cerebral Bore posted:

yea, i was gonna ask, if you're in a wheelchair then don't you already have somewhere to sit by definition?

As mentioned, it's exclusively for preventing homeless people from sleeping there. It's a thing called Hostile Architecture and it exists in probably every major city (seating with cast iron hand guards, weirdly slanted benches, prominent iron studs, etc etc). Usually nobody but the most ghoulish right wingers admit to building it, but it gets put up all the same.

The egregious part is claiming you're doing it to support a marginalized group. People in the know see through the bald-faced lie, people who don't give a poo poo about the disadvantaged will be annoyed that money is being spent on it, and everyone else will go "uh, aren't wheelchairs already chairs?" I have no idea who the target audience here is.

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe

Zulily Zoetrope posted:

As mentioned, it's exclusively for preventing homeless people from sleeping there. It's a thing called Hostile Architecture and it exists in probably every major city (seating with cast iron hand guards, weirdly slanted benches, prominent iron studs, etc etc). Usually nobody but the most ghoulish right wingers admit to building it, but it gets put up all the same.

The egregious part is claiming you're doing it to support a marginalized group. People in the know see through the bald-faced lie, people who don't give a poo poo about the disadvantaged will be annoyed that money is being spent on it, and everyone else will go "uh, aren't wheelchairs already chairs?" I have no idea who the target audience here is.

this too is a type of liberalism

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Can someone more qualified than me tell me if I'm allowed to scoff at this

An insane mind
Aug 11, 2018

Communist Thoughts posted:

Can someone more qualified than me tell me if I'm allowed to scoff at this

I'm not in any way qualified but I think scoffing is underrated and anyone who wants to, should.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=
She is simultaneously in a state of being both fired, and rehired, until the focus groups are opened.