Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends
Early signs are that Passpi have passed again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Hegay posted:

Looking forward to a proper long rear end TIDI fight today :getin:

This bubblefucked gate swarming with fighters is beautiful, but uh, I'm not sure they're gonna stick anything into this woodchipper.

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

coelomate posted:

This bubblefucked gate swarming with fighters is beautiful, but uh, I'm not sure they're gonna stick anything into this woodchipper.

Good. Let's piss in their dreams of "one foothold at a time, helldunk or blue balls :spergin:"

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.
They have a pair of fat azzes coming out on the 13th; they'll probably form for that one. Maybe.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

Passpi redditors really not liking having their "cyno jam a system and shoot undefended structures with carriers guarding gates" thrown back at them when they've committed to attacking only with subcaps

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

Zazz Razzamatazz posted:

I don’t think logging in is really that important when playing Eve

Just as your chance of winning the lottery is only slightly improved by actually buying a lottery ticket, playing eve is only slightly improved by logging in.

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
so what exactly is happening now

Otacon
Aug 13, 2002

Cease to Hope posted:

so what exactly is happening now

postin' on SA, wbu?

Cease to Hope
Dec 12, 2011
i meant in eve, lol

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

Cease to Hope posted:

i meant in eve, lol

Postin in local, hbu?

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
never not post

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
6 days ago passpi dropped two azbels in 3-d, which is sort of the back gate to the 1dq1 constellation. because of the high activity defense modifier that's the smallest and cheapest structure they can drop in there, and also why it takes so long to online. the best chance goons had for killing them was immediately after they anchored which would mean a single attack instead of the normal 3 timers system. we dropped astrahuses next to both, and the past 12 hours has been a huge fight over them. in the end goons destroyed both; the first by absolutely refusing to back down even after some fairly significant subcap losses, and the second by using carriers to create an impenetrable fighter swarm at the entrance choke point which passpi decided was too difficult and gave up.

passpi has dropped 3 additional azels in 3-d now, so in 5ish days there is going to be another big fight about those.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Hopefully I can get in on the next round. Had a bunch of family stuff today.

Should we bubble wrap the onlining Azbels?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Ynglaur posted:

Today we bubble wrapped the gates, which worked very nicely.

Dirk Pitt
Sep 14, 2007

haha yes, this feels good

Toilet Rascal

Ynglaur posted:

You didn't miss anything today. They passed. :v:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

So they basically have to gate in to a woodchipper in order to make poo poo happen in 3-D right? It's cynojammed so unless they can pop the jammers and replace them in order to titan bridge into the system, the gate's the only way in?

coelomate
Oct 21, 2020

Yep.

I imagine it'll all come down to jammers; I'm not sure how feasible taking those out for a structure anchoring timer. Sounds like they tried and failed yesterday?

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

They crowed forever about us not gating our poo poo in/shooting jammers to contest keepstar bashes, but us returning the favour is beyond the pale. I think I saw some papi poster on reddit legit say that we should have just cycled the jammer down to allow a capital escalation

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

coelomate posted:

Yep.

I imagine it'll all come down to jammers; I'm not sure how feasible taking those out for a structure anchoring timer. Sounds like they tried and failed yesterday?

it sounds like there was an "ohhh uhhh fffffff-" moment until Delta sax'd a bunch of hackers

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Stabbers are so fun when they're in a group of 15-20+, EG fleets are a blast with them. Fast & agile as gently caress, 480 dps cold on paper, w/550 dps heated and good application to boot. There have been times where our fleet warped/jumped into traps and got out with little to no losses we're so quick. Our kills are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but it's near impossible for our enemies to win their beloved isk war because the ships are so cheap.

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007
thats how you play eve

Rudeboy Detective
Apr 28, 2011

Yes but have you heard of the shield nanomen?

Zaradis
Nov 6, 2014

School Nickname posted:

Stabbers are so fun when they're in a group of 15-20+, EG fleets are a blast with them. Fast & agile as gently caress, 480 dps cold on paper, w/550 dps heated and good application to boot. There have been times where our fleet warped/jumped into traps and got out with little to no losses we're so quick. Our kills are small potatoes in the grand scheme of things, but it's near impossible for our enemies to win their beloved isk war because the ships are so cheap.

Have you heard of Delta’s thrasher fleet?

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

Zaradis posted:

Have you heard of Delta’s thrasher fleet?

I like running down small TEST caracal gangs led by their D-tier FCs. Loads of people are caught off by the DPS massed Stabbers can do. Even solo Stabbers. So many Sabres and Hecates think they can take you solo.

e; Why are the rats on every loving gate in numbers now?

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 02:29 on May 9, 2021

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

They crowed forever about us not gating our poo poo in/shooting jammers to contest keepstar bashes, but us returning the favour is beyond the pale. I think I saw some papi poster on reddit legit say that we should have just cycled the jammer down to allow a capital escalation

They're the "Good Guys" so they think we're obligated to make it easy for them to win.

ullerrm
Dec 31, 2012

Oh, the network slogan is true -- "watch FOX and be damned for all eternity!"

School Nickname posted:

e; Why are the rats on every loving gate in numbers now?

CCP deleted some 40% of asteroid belts from nullsec (because the ore had been moved to anoms) and then boosted the rates of rats spawns on gates so that the rate of officer spawns would still be okay-ish

:ccp:

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

dropped roles and left my shitter pubbie corp

i'm free

free to continue not loggin in

captainclaw
Sep 16, 2020

congrats on winning eve?

The Aardvark
Aug 19, 2013

You'll be back

Mederlock
Jun 23, 2012

You won't recognize Canada when I'm through with it
Grimey Drawer

The Aardvark posted:

You'll be back

I thought I had got away for good for the last 5 years, but nope... This game is like cocaine. Binge, strung out, quit for a while, repeat

Malefitz
Jun 19, 2018

Stereotype posted:

passpi has dropped 3 additional azels in 3-d now, so in 5ish days there is going to be another big fight about those.

When exactly is this going down? Burned out from EVE a while ago again due to work. But would be happy to fulfill my duty in the big fights

Pikehead
Dec 3, 2006

Looking for WMDs, PM if you have A+ grade stuff
Fun Shoe

Malefitz posted:

When exactly is this going down? Burned out from EVE a while ago again due to work. But would be happy to fulfill my duty in the big fights

In about 4 days time - they're listed in the Goonfleet forum upcoming events timer.

OAquinas
Jan 27, 2008

Biden has sat immobile on the Iron Throne of America. He is the Master of Malarkey by the will of the gods, and master of a million votes by the might of his inexhaustible calamari.

Mederlock posted:

I thought I had got away for good for the last 5 years, but nope... This game is like cocaine. Binge, strung out, quit for a while, repeat

Same. I was free and clear for years, but then the Horn sounded and welp, here I am setting off fireworks in front of the palace.

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

dropped roles and left my shitter pubbie corp

i'm free

free to continue not loggin in

you know

deployment is over and recruitment is open...

just sayin

Fqubed
Dec 12, 2013

OAquinas posted:

Same. I was free and clear for years, but then the Horn sounded and welp, here I am setting off fireworks in front of the palace.

F2 like there's no tomorrow

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica

Loky11 posted:

you know

just sayin

SPYYYYYYYYYY

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Loky11 posted:

you know

just sayin

Is it

What is somn makin me do the song and dance for then

Loky11
Dec 12, 2006

Pull on the new flesh like borrowed gloves and burn your fingers once again

Foehammer007 posted:

SPYYYYYYYYYY

Dono
Feb 15, 2007

Freak the Fuck Out!
This thread is alive. Keep me believin'