Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

ArfJason posted:

The fat merchant Duke is a sly yet clever reference to the original Xbox controller.

lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

How is RE8. I still havent even played R3Make yet.

I'm enjoying it more than I did 7, but I still liked 7 ok. I feel like if you hated it you still probably wouldn't get into 8. It feels like it's taking the idea of a first person game in the right direction though -- doesn't feel like you're playing a horror walking sim like Amnesia or Outlast or something.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

I'm enjoying it more than I did 7, but I still liked 7 ok. I feel like if you hated it you still probably wouldn't get into 8. It feels like it's taking the idea of a first person game in the right direction though -- doesn't feel like you're playing a horror walking sim like Amnesia or Outlast or something.

Are there any sidling through the wall filled with bugs sections this time

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Evil Eagle posted:

Not literally but yes there are still points where you're just holding the forward button during what's basically a cutscene lol. But the gameplay in between is more fun

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Lmao the first major boss absolutely cements the game as way cooler than 7. Awesome

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

It feels about as atmospheric and spooky as RE7 in parts, but the gunplay/action is a lot better IMO. I think I’m about half way through and I’m loving it.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This game kicks rear end.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Dude the survive the village setpiece is absolute horse poo poo on hard mode. What in Gods name were they thinking.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

The only wall bug I've seen so far was my first encounter with a werewolf where he got stuck in the level geometry and became immune to all damage.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

net cafe scandal posted:

Dude the survive the village setpiece is absolute horse poo poo on hard mode. What in Gods name were they thinking.

Somebody please tell me how to beat this Im QQing very badly. Btw.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I was watching carcinogensda stream it and to complete the sequence you have to   QQ moar      during the fight.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Pablo Nergigante posted:

This game kicks rear end.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Whatre ya buyin... Haha just a thing an old friend used to say

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
This game gives you way too much money. It feels like there should be a secret at the end if you never sell any of the crystal pieces.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

net cafe scandal posted:

Somebody please tell me how to beat this Im QQing very badly. Btw.

You just have to survive and maybe kill a certain number of guys to trigger a cutscene? But I think on hard mode the timer is way longer. For me it triggered when I approached the red locked gate, but from reading other people QQing it doesn't seem consistent .

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

goferchan posted:

You just have to survive and maybe kill a certain number of guys to trigger a cutscene? But I think on hard mode the timer is way longer. For me it triggered when I approached the red locked gate, but from reading other people QQing it doesn't seem consistent .

It’s got to just be a timer, when I played I was holed up inside a house defending the entrances and I hadn’t just killed anything when the cutscene triggered

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah there are a few areas in the game that aren't well telegraphed as survival or run through sections where you could waste all your ammo killing an endless horde of bad guys. If you're in an area that looks like a Doom Eternal arena I suggest running around and exploring a bit before you hunker down and start unloading all your shotgun shells.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I killed like 5 lycans in that survive section lol. At least a couple of them dropped crystal skulls I could sell to the Duke.

tawal
Feb 7, 2012

ArfJason posted:

The fat merchant Duke is a sly yet clever reference to the original Xbox controller.

Lol

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Bro wtf is this game lmao

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

American McGay posted:

good, my friend.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

ITs made by true sickos.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

American McGay posted:

I just got to the second zone last night. Off work now but I think I'm gonna wait until it's dark outside to pick it back up, I can't wait -- the castle got way crazier than I expected

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Thank You, Capcom.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love this game lol

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

I love when games have a Cobra Unit style gang of level boss freaks and this one in particular is just delightful

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Heisenberg is the goat. His area is also one of the coolest.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

goferchan posted:

I clutched it out. For anyone else still stuck on this you really gotta milk every safe space for all it’s worth til they break in or you have to use a barrel/flour bag.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

American McGay posted:

Heisenberg is the goat. His area is also one of the coolest.

He rules. The sfx for his powers are great

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

American McGay posted:

Heisenberg is the goat.

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

This game is loving great. I lost it laughing when Ethan in the middle of the hosed up death and goat mutilation village tells the old man "N-No...why would I need a gun?"

Spiking
Dec 14, 2003

Also when he walks up to the big house after that-

Spiking fucked around with this message at 21:56 on May 9, 2021

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Greetings

Big Bizness
Jun 19, 2019

Carrying da baby around in the intro while your passive agressive wife makes spaghetti before she gets gunned down like the boardroom guy in Robocop FTMFW

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
I wanna sit down with the duke and eat some of his dishes

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

ArfJason posted:

I wanna sit down with the duke and eat some of his dishes

Several posters were driven insane when they found out another man ate the Duke's dishes.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.

Arrhythmia posted:

Several posters were driven insane when they found out another man ate the Duke's dishes.

haha

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Arrhythmia posted:

lol

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

This game does a way better job at characterizing Ethan than 7 did, he was totally forgettable to me there. The transition here from him being shocked and horrified at the beginning to somewhere around the second half of the game just becoming pissed off and over it is really funny. Been taking it pretty slow but really been having a great time with this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

is there more than 1 enemy in this game.