Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which of these pink video game heroes is best
This poll is closed.
Kirby 126 71.59%
Jigglypuff 34 19.32%
Clefairy 16 9.09%
Total: 176 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Does anyone else set their location as something other than where they live for video game stuff? I always at least try to see if I can set my location to Palestine and it's very rare to be able to, off the top of my head the only service/game that lets you is Steam.

Did you manually set your data center otherwise? It'd be pretty funny if you were downloading all your Steam updates from Palestine lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

When consoles were first going online I had to pick fake locations, I chose the UK. Microsoft and Nintendo (on Switch) both allow you to change countries if you want to now, but Sony still hardcode it into the account at the time of registration, AFAIK.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Jay Rust posted:

What should I cook for my mom for a belated Mother’s Day dinner?

Revenge

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

Zaphod42 posted:

Did you manually set your data center otherwise? It'd be pretty funny if you were downloading all your Steam updates from Palestine lmao

I don't think the steam profile location and your datacenter are at all related, but I have checked that I'm on the closest datacenter previously.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Datacenter choice is probably based on IP geolocation so if you aren't on a VPN it'll get it right

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
It would, however, be hilarious if that's how Steam determined what datacenter you used.

wuggles
Jul 12, 2017

:siren: WUGGLESQUEST MAY UPDATE :siren:

Uh, whoops

Over the past few months whenever I have received a windfall (typically government pandemic assistance) I have saved almost all of it to buy a house, but I've squirreled away a little each time into my Nintendo, Steam, or PlayStation accounts. Let's call this "the nut." In late April/early May I busted said nut between Pokemon Snap, sales, and wanting to make Yoko Taro's number go up. I have doubled the number of backlog games I have to play by the end of the year.

Well, maybe that's not so bad. Maybe I have also been playing a lot of games from my backlog. The last game I beat was Gato Roboto back in March, certainly I've made some progress since--

Oh, right, I played Monster Hunter for a month straight.

Anyway, school is out and I have a month until I teach my next class, so I hope I will make some progress. I'm currently working through Persona 5 Royal, conveniently the biggest game on this list, and I'd like to play Dark Souls 2, Death Stranding, and Yakuza 3 this summer in addition to some shorter games. Here's hoping!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/13IEArcKturd2dCcN2MSRhIeneg6E8JUa-3AwqWcYeK4/edit?usp=sharing

Disclaimer: I am aware backlogs are made up and I should play what I want. I devised WUGGLESQUEST as a fun way to get myself to spend less money and to play more of the games I already owned, that currently appears to be failing. If WUGGLESQUEST ceases to be fun I will simply take my ban like a proud goon

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Jay Rust posted:

Curry.

Chev
Jul 19, 2010
Switchblade Switcharoo

SeXReX posted:

There was a Twitter thread that went around dev Twitter a while back where one of the take aways is that way more games work like this then you might imagine and in many cases the way the skip button works is just setting the playback speed of it all to happen in 1 frame.
I like the one from the spider-man tech postmortem, "they aren't unskippable cuscenes, they're animated loading screens".

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Rarity posted:

Join the Simp Army or perish :black101:

I choose to perish

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rarity posted:

Join the Simp Army or perish :black101:

this was what White Chlorination Syndrome was, wasn't it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

Jay Rust posted:

chicken parmo

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!
Has anybody put any time in to Hood: Outlaws and Legends? It looks fun, but when games describe themselves as PvPvEPvPLol I immediately tune out. I'm mostly just looking for a fun group co-op game.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

every time I see people talk about Hood, I just think about "Become Legend"

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

from the brief moments of streams i saw of it and general discord chatter about it, it looked absolutely awful lmao

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

hmm

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

They call tuna "the chicken of the sea"

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

every time I see people talk about Hood, I just think about "Become Legend"

Guardians make their own fate

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

I haven't had "hushpuppies" in a while and it would be handy to have cornmeal in the pantry... hmm...

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would've been ok with sumo just making another racing game tbh instead of whatever hood is

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

This is one of our local restaurants

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox
Am I crazy to have impulse bought R6: Siege over the weekend? Is it still pretty accessible or is there just too much meta stuff to absorb at this point?

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
Relax or DIE's gaming update:

RE8: good as hell so far, looking forward to finishing this one up, i've made it just past the second boss

Omori:I like this one a lot too but my criticisms of it so far(I finished the castle are and saved just as it hit 'two days left') basically line straight up with those I have of Jimmy and TPM. a lot to love but the combat is, in general, a big slog. the game would benefit from just being a bit faster all around imo. for jimmy and probably from what I have seem also for omori you could make a thematic argument for these systems being kind of slow/grindy but 'boring on purpose' is one of those things you really cannot afford to miss at and I'm not sure omori is gonna land it. jimmy let you bump the game to easy to have fewer random battles that awarded more exp, omori would benefit from a similar choice imho.

Raging Loop:Hit the first credits, this game is real neat.

Dead by Daylight:I play some killer rounds now and again and I like this game, but for whatever reason I find the community/culture around it kind of fascinating. most people seem pretty chill(or rage in silence because they're playing on console) but often enough you encounter survivor players who expect you to conform to a weird system rules for honorable play, play as if you are going to do so, and will melt down if you don't. they want to play the survivor as an aggressive bully and if it fails they get angry. god help the devs should they tone down any survivor tools too, this game must be a nightmare to balance.

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2

PantsBandit posted:

Am I crazy to have impulse bought R6: Siege over the weekend? Is it still pretty accessible or is there just too much meta stuff to absorb at this point?
It's incredibly complicated but you can start slow and learn as you go. There's even a newbie queue for multiplayer.

There are also 10 short tutorial missions that conclude in a special surprise coop mission, which was a really cool idea back then.

And don't forget to just play the maps on coop, it's a nice low stress way to learn the ins and outs of each map (which there are a lot of) and practice headshots.

Come visit the thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882450

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I have no idea how you'd even manage to play as an aggressive bully as a survivor in DbD, you can't actually do anything except I guess break hooks and run in circles around pallets which are bugged and the killer can just walk through half the time lol

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The United States posted:

It's incredibly complicated but you can start slow and learn as you go. There's even a newbie queue for multiplayer.

There are also 10 short tutorial missions that conclude in a special surprise coop mission, which was a really cool idea back then.

And don't forget to just play the maps on coop, it's a nice low stress way to learn the ins and outs of each map (which there are a lot of) and practice headshots.

Come visit the thread https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3882450

Cool thanks I'll definitely check out the thread.

I've been craving a multiplayer experience where randos are actually willing to communicate. I really love the tactical element of multiplayer games but don't really have any IRL friends who are as into it.

I also was super into the multiplayer of the R6 Vegas games. I know this is something different but if it even has any elements of that I'm sure I'll be into it.

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Maine is a good part of New England
Really? Is Mass a bad part? (I know CT and RI are)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Massachusetts seems cool, which is good because I am moving to Boston in September

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Harrow posted:

Massachusetts seems cool, which is good because I am moving to Boston in September

You'll have to learn how to park your car on Harvard Yard.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Zaphod42 posted:

My girlfriend's from Boston and doesn't have much of a Boston accent except when she tries to say Arnold Palmer and it's very funny

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
I don't know where to post this:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/9480/discussions/0/3149682775496734153/

Idolninja: Coding wizard, gentleman, Goon and all-around amazing guy who was responsible of un-fuckenating the PC port of Saints Row 2 while adding innumerable features from likeminded modders through his megapatch, Gentlemen Of The Row (as a result getting hired by Volition themselves) is facing terminal cancer and now doesn't have much longer to live.

This guy was so goddamn cool and made one of my favourite games ever better beyond my wildest expectations. Huge props to him. What an awful thing to hear :smith:

Songbearer fucked around with this message at 23:35 on May 10, 2021

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

Songbearer posted:

Idolninja: Coding wizard, gentleman, Goon and all-around amazing guy who was responsible of un-fuckenating the PC port of Saints Row 2 while adding innumerable features from likeminded modders through his megapatch, Gentlemen Of The Row (as a result getting hired by Volition themselves) is facing terminal cancer and now doesn't have much longer to live.

This guy was so goddamn cool and made one of my favourite games ever better beyond my wildest expectations. Huge props to him. What an awful thing to hear :smith:

The guy put a ton of work into making one of my favorite games ever playable for more people and that's pretty awesome. Was sorry to hear about this.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

Grouchio posted:

Really? Is Mass a bad part? (I know CT and RI are)

Massachusetts is a good part of New England, as are both Rhode Island and CT. Vermont and New Hampshire too.

Zaphod42 posted:

:mods:

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
What a horrible thing :(

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLuURlWhcgs

:supaburn: My friend's video is premiering!!!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-is-getting-a-pc-port-20-years-later

1. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is getting.... a PC port?! :psyduck:

2. Baldur's Gate Dark Alliance is... 20 years old?! :corsair:

Songbearer posted:

I saw this in another thread and its just incredibly depressing. This world sucks.

Kerrzhe
Nov 5, 2008

good evening thread i'd like to let everyone know that i'm having a Nice Time playing Vermintide 2, even by myself queueing with pubbies. they all seem to know where to go when i very clearly do not!

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Kerrzhe posted:

good evening thread i'd like to let everyone know that i'm having a Nice Time playing Vermintide 2, even by myself queueing with pubbies. they all seem to know where to go when i very clearly do not!

Mayflahs

Acerbatus
Jun 26, 2020

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Relax Or DIE posted:

Relax or DIE's gaming update:
Omori:I like this one a lot too but my criticisms of it so far(I finished the castle are and saved just as it hit 'two days left') basically line straight up with those I have of Jimmy and TPM. a lot to love but the combat is, in general, a big slog. the game would benefit from just being a bit faster all around imo. for jimmy and probably from what I have seem also for omori you could make a thematic argument for these systems being kind of slow/grindy but 'boring on purpose' is one of those things you really cannot afford to miss at and I'm not sure omori is gonna land it. jimmy let you bump the game to easy to have fewer random battles that awarded more exp, omori would benefit from a similar choice imho.

Huh, I thought jimmy had some of the more interesting fights in any jrpg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
i'm considering revisiting dragon age inquisition on pc to check out what the deal is with trespasser, and an ssd should alleviate one of the game's biggest problems (endless loadscreens at the base).

does it have a good mod community? e:seems so