Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Is this psychological warfare?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lustful Man Hugs
Jul 18, 2010

Jedit posted:

You know who else was vegetarian and got outflanked on the left by the Tories?

:golfclap:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

The three genders.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Do you fancy Kieth?

Yes [ ]
No [X]
I'm Scottish [ ]

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Found the new final poll option now P-flaps is gone. :scotland:

biglads
Feb 21, 2007

I could've gone to Blatherwycke

About 20 years ago I had a job that involved going between London and Paris quite a lot. I remember being in an Air France lounge at Charles de Gaulle airport one afternoon waiting for the inevitably delayed Air France flight to Heathrow. I was the only passenger in there at the time and was happily drinking the free drinks and eating the free pastries when in walked Peter Hain who was a minister in the Blair Government of the time alongside what I guess was a Civil Servant of some type. As Hain walked past me he looked down his nose at me and almost certainly noticed that I was reading a French publication (I think it was Le Canard Enchaine but I can't be sure, I had very good French skills at the time sadly mostly forgotten now) picked up a copy of the Guardian from the International Press shelf and said to his companion "Let's see what drivel that bloody Toynbee woman has been writing today".

That's my New Labour/Polly Toynbee story.

Cefte
Sep 18, 2004

tranquil consciousness

Lord of the Llamas posted:

The Starmer Effect.

sorry noticed a formatting issue with that graph, fixed it for you

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

Baby even when I'm dead and gone
You will always be my only one, my only one
When the night is calling
No matter who I become
You will always be my only one, my only one, my only one

I think all polls should have that option so whenever you ask someone a question there's always a risk of a large ginger person screaming "AH'M SCOTTISH!" back at you, as they are right to do.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

How many units of alcohol do you consume in an average day?

1-2
3-4
5+
AM SCOATISH

Mr Phillby
Apr 8, 2009

~TRAVIS~

The Perfect Element posted:

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/10/train-firms-worker-bonus-email-is-actually-cyber-security-test?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Lol this is in unbelievably poor taste.

Tldr: company emailed all their staff saying they were going to get a bonus for working so hard through the pandemic. Anyone who followed the link got taken to a stern Web page warning them about phishing attempts, and clarifying that there was no bonus.
I really want to know if these emails were actually sent from a spoof email address and if it was actually possible to deduce they were phishing emails or if this was just a complete gently caress you to the workers.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Do you consider yourself:
• gay
• straight
• bisexual
• pansexual

crispix posted:

• scawtish fawmly party

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Mr Phillby posted:

I really want to know if these emails were actually sent from a spoof email address and if it was actually possible to deduce they were phishing emails or if this was just a complete gently caress you to the workers.

Plus even if that was something you could figure out, doesn't phishing tend to involve, like, having to enter your sensitive details? At this point it's literally just "You clicked a link, you idiot, you moron" when in a real attempt you would click a link, go to a fake site, and then go "Wait why doesn't my employer know my details, this should be getting handled by payroll surely?" (Or not if you actually need to learn about fishing :v: )

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Guavanaut posted:

Found the new final poll option now P-flaps is gone. :scotland:

I miss flaps

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2021/may/10/train-firms-worker-bonus-email-is-actually-cyber-security-test?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Lol this is in unbelievably poor taste.

Tldr: company emailed all their staff saying they were going to get a bonus for working so hard through the pandemic. Anyone who followed the link got taken to a stern Web page warning them about phishing attempts, and clarifying that there was no bonus.

Stern corporate voice: Ha ha ha! Learn, peasants!

*platform supporting family members descends into grinding machinery*

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jiggerypokery posted:

I miss flaps

gently caress off.

https://twitter.com/dgurdasani1/status/1391847956274425856

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

jiggerypokery posted:

I miss flaps

This post sucks rear end

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

jiggerypokery posted:

I miss flaps
If you're not aware, flaps went Full Glinner. If you are aware,

Gonzo McFee posted:

gently caress off.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/bywirenews/status/1391756533650890756

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
let's not pretend pissflaps was a net positive even before he became one of the biggest transphobes on twitter

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

https://twitter.com/bywirenews/status/1391757294971625478

They're going to turn Corbyn into Camerons 'under the last Labour Government' line.

jaete
Jun 21, 2009

Nap Ghost

His Divine Shadow posted:

This is why you should never talk to anyone

very solid nationality/life advice combo (if a little predictable)

Xemloth
Mar 27, 2011

Wait, what?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

jiggerypokery posted:

I miss flaps

Flaps rereg spotted

Lt. Danger
Dec 22, 2006

jolly good chaps we sure showed the hun

Brexit, a notoriously centrist endeavour

ANYTHING YOU SOW
Nov 7, 2009

JordanKai posted:

These two tweets genuinely broke my brain. Some people really need to internalise Dril's "Issuing a correction about ISIL" tweet, lest they find themselves eulogising murderers.

More in here if you want to break it further:
https://jeetheer.substack.com/p/celebrating-a-wife-killer

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/wesstreeting/status/1391871552841469957?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Did this fuckwit condemn the IDF actions in Al Aqsa? My blood pressure can't cope with twitter at the moment.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Even the BBC's Jeremy Bowen is putting the instigator for this surge in violence on Israel and Benjamin "I can't believe he isn't in prison yet" Netanyahu, but I doubt that's what Bez Bleating is condemning.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Before the 2014 war on Gaza, there was a website online that had done statistical analysis on rocket attacks since about 2005, and IIRC something like 95+ % followed an inciting incident by Israel. I haven't been able to find it since 2014.

I want to curse the Graun - the way they twist their headlines to always START with the rocket attack and ignore all the poo poo Israel did before that happened.

And the other thing that fucks me off is all those people I know who condemn all Palestinians as terrorists and ra ra every time Israel fucks the Palestinians over would 100% not stand for, say, the Vikings coming over now and trying to reclaim eg land they occupied from 1500 years ago, chucking them out of their homes, building a big fence round them and not letting them leave, cutting off their water supply, spray foul-stinking 'skunk' all over their houses and washing etc, chuck teargas at little kids coming out of school, without retaliating.

People I know honestly believe that the Palestians kill '000s of Israelis every year.

Makes me wanna puke :barf:

My mood tonight:

NB - kill the media and politicians btw. I've not posted this to incite violence against regular individuals.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YTRZXTfY87U

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

It'll always comeback to "Israel has a right to defend itself". Thats the line. Theres no mention of Palestine being in the same position because they will always be perceived as the aggressors.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

And the other thing that fucks me off is all those people I know who condemn all Palestinians as terrorists and ra ra every time Israel fucks the Palestinians over would 100% not stand for, say, the Vikings coming over now and trying to reclaim eg land they occupied from 1500 years ago, chucking them out of their homes, building a big fence round them and not letting them leave, cutting off their water supply, spray foul-stinking 'skunk' all over their houses and washing etc, chuck teargas at little kids coming out of school, without retaliating.

There was actually a German leader who proposed invading Britain on the basis of defending the purity of their Nordic heritage. Don't think he would have backed Israel, though.

blues thief
Apr 1, 2013
https://twitter.com/stephenpollard/status/1391853972865028101
https://twitter.com/BoardofDeputies/status/1391768583416451078

Given Streeting's proximity to Starmer, that tweet seems like Labour's pre-emptive "you idiots were useful once, but don't you dare try to push that antisemitism poo poo against us".

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Gorn Myson posted:

It'll always comeback to "Israel has a right to defend itself". Thats the line. Theres no mention of Palestine being in the same position because they will always be perceived as the aggressors.

The United States has not yet recognised Palestine as a state. Nor have we. Perceiving Palestine as the aggressor is a justification after the fact; the fact being that Israel has allegiances.

Biden needs to step up. I don't anticipate him doing this, though. The US is Israel's father, and is a trade partner, and there's definitely staff meetings wrt military co ordinations in the region. Also, if nothing else, the politicians care about vote numbers. A large slice of the US going to be incensed by any perceived denouncement of Israel, or support of Hamas.

The problem needs fixing, but the Palestinian 'question' in my mind is how?

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 17 days!
A bigger country needs to break Israels nose with a mighty headbutt and tell it to stop being such a oval office.

Ms Adequate
Oct 30, 2011

No matter who I become

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

People I know honestly believe that the Palestians kill '000s of Israelis every year.

Gorn Myson posted:

It's these two + the fact Israel is mates with some big countries (US and us among others) so won't get their nose broken with a mighty headbutt. They have extremely successfully cast themselves as poor, beleagured, plucky little Israel standing firm in the face of an implacable enemy that does 9/11s on them on a monthly basis.

Trickjaw
Jun 23, 2005
Nadie puede dar lo que no tiene

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Did this fuckwit condemn the IDF actions in Al Aqsa? My blood pressure can't cope with twitter at the moment.

Not often we get you effing and jeffing, Miss.

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
I'm confused.... My reading of the Streeting tweet is that he is condemning the Israelis. This seems like a good thing?

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

Julio Cruz posted:

let's not pretend pissflaps was a net positive even before he became one of the biggest transphobes on twitter

I used to find the one yellow avatar in the thread doggedly banging on about Corbyn being poo poo to the utter dismay of the thread genuinely funny. I don't know anything about transphobia exactly. I read this thread from time to time precisely because I don't have twitter

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
Seems like China will pick up where the US left off if US-Israeli relations ever cooled anyway

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

I'm confused.... My reading of the Streeting tweet is that he is condemning the Israelis. This seems like a good thing?

There’s dark comedy in how his replies are full of accusations of antisemitism from the same people he and the rest of the Labour right happily directed at Corbyn

Anyone Israel supporter who can watch that video and not feel a deep sense of shame has something massively wrong with them, I’m surprised at Streeting actually flagging it up