Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

Nick Jr. Face posted:

It can't be overstated enough how much different Charlotte looks.

It can, and regularly is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Shine posted:

It can, and regularly is.

Yeah there might be some weird pictures but that's just your regular ghoulish WWE photoshop hackjob. Whenever it's pointed out in clips I find it comes down to her hair or general styling.

I guess she just has a face that can change a lot with the kind of make-up and hair do she has.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

people just really love picking apart Charlotte's appearance, they can't get enough of it

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

"i'm just so CONCERNED that wwe is making her do this" i say, sharpening my knives

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

I honestly wouldn't have even known that was her from the clip, I would have thought it was some new wrestler

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Alan_Shore posted:

I honestly wouldn't have even known that was her from the clip, I would have thought it was some new wrestler

I'm honestly here - i posted the gif and just assumed it was a random blonde and had zero idea it was Charlotte

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rick posted:

Cedric and Shelton is good though. I am probably one of ten people on Earth who really appreciated that after his current finisher was countered by Cedric twice, Shelton busted out the T-Bone Suplex (his original finisher).

Ahem. Call it by it's proper name.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

loves when dudes who don't watch wwe for a few months kramer in to tell everyone how they genuienly didn't recognise charlotte for some reason

edogawa rando
Mar 20, 2007

TheKingslayer posted:

I would be embarrassed as hell if anyone walked in on me watching this show.

Which would be worse? Being caught watching Raw, or being caught having a wank?

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Vagabundo posted:

Trick question, Raw is Wank.

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

Vagabundo posted:

I mean jeez, a wank at least has a satisfying conclusion, unlike watching Raw.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Vagabundo posted:

I think being caught wanking would be easier to explain than watching Raw.

Unless you were caught wanking to Raw, however at that point you would need major help because something had gone very wrong in your life.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
That Eva package is the absolute goddam worst. It's just a bunch of words that mean nothing while the camera pervs all over her. It feels like something from 10 years ago.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Lamuella posted:

genuinely believe that RAW would be a better show if they used a random number generator to decide who was fighting who and who was going over, and then just worked it out in the ring. And had no backstage segments.

Thats VGCW and it was great.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i bet yea ok is thinking about "dilbert" just like me. Sory this is the wrong thread!

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 11:50 on May 11, 2021

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

was just thinking that same thing

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
i heard that the reason Charlotte looks different now, is because she got vaccinated, and it's changing her DNA into mushroom. the mushroom DNA releases spores into the air that infect people, causing illness. wwe replica championship title is antenna for spores and spores collect in grooves of replica title to spread infection of mushroom dna to wwe universe. wwe tag team belts symbol of illuminati "twins" and joe biden approved use of "gay clone" technique to swap original dead charlotte flair with mushroom vaccinated clone with different bone structure changed to be antenna for vaccine.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Shayna Baszler posted:

i heard that the reason Charlotte looks different now, is because she got vaccinated, and it's changing her DNA into mushroom. the mushroom DNA releases spores into the air that infect people, causing illness. wwe replica championship title is antenna for spores and spores collect in grooves of replica title to spread infection of mushroom dna to wwe universe. wwe tag team belts symbol of illuminati "twins" and joe biden approved use of "gay clone" technique to swap original dead charlotte flair with mushroom vaccinated clone with different bone structure changed to be antenna for vaccine.

Huge if true

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Disclaimer: Mushroom Club Of Charlotte NC, its website, club, club members, and club officers can not be held responsible for the following;
1. The misuse, out of date, or misunderstanding of information provided.
2. Incorrect identification of your mushrooms because you are ultimately responisible for final identification.
3. Edibility of your finds.
4. Your safety while mushroom hunting, or durring forays, and other club related activities.

if you're like me you read this and thought: I bet wwe would use a disclaimer like this by pinning it to a 'bad person' wrestler, and using it as one of the primary reasons for them receiving boos instead of cheers, even though the person was simply protecting themselves and their club at the behest of an attorney. in a sue-happy society where hardly anyone takes responsibility for their actions, you're still expected by wwe to put blind faith in every person you come across, and if you don't do that then you don't deserve to be treated as an equal. you don't have to obey the golden rule if someone won't own up to the mistakes someone else has made.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Rarity posted:

That Eva package is the absolute goddam worst. It's just a bunch of words that mean nothing while the camera pervs all over her. It feels like something from 10 years ago.

It is absolutely something from the mind of Johnny Ace and/or Bruce Pritchard.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Will Eva-Marie be Alexa and Lilly's first feud? Will Eva-Marie get a dolly of her own?

Although seriously, I would love it if whoever Alexa and Lilly feud with get's a plush animal/doll of their own. I miss Wrestler's little friends, (Moppy, Pepe, Head, Daryl etc.), and reckon they are cool.

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
There seem to be folks online who feel like Alexa is some great actress pulling all this off. Those people are wrong.

I just mean it's a bit that feels kind of under-directed, if that makes sense.

Writer Cath fucked around with this message at 12:59 on May 11, 2021

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Writer Cath posted:

There seem to be folks online who feel like Alexa is some great actress pulling all this off. Those people are wrong.

I just mean it's a bit that feels kind of under-directed, if that makes sense.

The top three women on RAW right now are all stunningly awful promos. Charlotte sounds like a robot, Alexa's delivery and material is utter poo poo, and Rhea sounds like she is reading off of cue cards held up by some poor intern off screen on top of not sounding confident at all.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Digital Jedi posted:

During the opening 6 woman tag, Alexa Bliss and Lily appear on the stage on the swing set (and somehow no one noticed). Baszler’s leg randomly gave out and Asuka got the pin. Everyone stared at Alexa at the end.
https://streamable.com/sy8og9

So of all the women in that match, the bookers chose Baszler, a former mixed martial artist, to sell something mystical.

Not Nia Jax, who turned falling down into a gimmick, not Mandy Rose, not Dana Brooke, but someone who you could easily sell as a legit badass.

People might be saying "Papa Shango/Warrior," but Warrior already had a kind of mystical, supernatural (and batshit insane) aura around him. And that was in the cartoonish '80s/'90s era, not this "Reality Era."

The only way this ends is with Baszler beating Bliss. It's not going to end that way.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
They could have gone with Nia Jax and her Haunted Hole.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

CobiWann posted:

So of all the women in that match, the bookers chose Baszler, a former mixed martial artist, to sell something mystical.

Not Nia Jax, who turned falling down into a gimmick, not Mandy Rose, not Dana Brooke, but someone who you could easily sell as a legit badass.

People might be saying "Papa Shango/Warrior," but Warrior already had a kind of mystical, supernatural (and batshit insane) aura around him. And that was in the cartoonish '80s/'90s era, not this "Reality Era."

The only way this ends is with Baszler beating Bliss. It's not going to end that way.

Ah, but have you considered that booking people against their strengths only makes them stronger in the long run.

Shayne is almost there, only five more years of fart gimmicks.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Just to clarify for folks who didn't do a close reading of the results (I did not watch and I assume few others did):

1) Velveteen Dream did not appear on Raw, though he was reported as being backstage by Meltzer and others. Therefore officially Raw has not officially increased its count of wrestlers under 30/credibly accused pedophiles. Dream's last appearance was the Christmas episode of NXT.
2) Jinder Mahal (ft. Indus Sher as Bodyguards) came back and beat Jeff Hardy on Dark Elevation Main Event last week, and now has officially elevated Jeff Hardy up to Raw Jobber from his former role as Main Event Jobber.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Are they just punishing Jeff because Matt left?

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

He got a decent push back when he came back. Had a decent programme with Sheamus. Then like everyone who isn’t Reigns or Charlotte, he got forgotten about

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pope Corky the IX posted:

Are they just punishing Jeff because Matt left?

cmon, you know the answer to this.

it's maybe and wouldn't be beyond this company to do.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Didn’t he sign a new contract last year? They don’t need to worry about keeping him happy while he’s locked in, so they can afford to be as petty as they want for all their usual favourite reasons.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Did he re-sign before or after that angle where they made fun of his addictions (again)? I'm not one to say that performers deserve what they get when they sign with Vince but Jeff has been around more than long enough to know better.

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters
Yeah, Jeff had a decent role through the spring and summer of 2020, but probably the inflection point is when he was used to establish Lars Sullivan as a monster heel right around Draft Time in October. Obviously that did not pan out at all for Lars, but since then here's a full list of Jeff Hardy matches:

10/16/2020: Squashed by Lars Sullivan (Smackdown)
10/25/2020: Loses by DQ against Elias (Hell in a Cell)
10/26/2020: Loses Survivor Series qualifier to AJ Styles (Raw)
11/02/2020: Wins a Guitar on a Pole match against Elias (Raw)
11/09/2020: Loses three-way SS Qualifier to Riddle (Raw)
11/22/2020: Appears in Survivor Series Pre-Show Battle Royal
11/23/2020: Loses to Ricochet (Main Event)
11/30/2020: Wins a Symphony of Destruction match against Elias (Raw)
12/02/2020: On the winning side of a ten man tag at Tribute to the Troops
12/07/2020: Loses to Bobby Lashley (Raw)
12/14/2020: Loses in tag match against Hurt Business (Raw)
12/21/2020: Loses in tag match against Hurt Business (Raw)
12/28/2020: Loses in tag match against Hurt Business (Raw)
01/04/2021: Beaten by Randy Orton on Legends Night (Raw)
01/11/2021: Beats Elias, then loses to Jaxson Ryker immediately afterwards (Raw)
01/18/2021: Beats Jaxson Ryker by DQ (Raw)
01/25/2021: Loses a tag match to Elias/Ryker (Main Event)
01/31/2021: Does not win Royal Rumble
02/01/2021: Teams with Carlito to beat Elias/Ryker (Raw)
02/08/2021: Loses to AJ Styles (Raw)
02/15/2021: Quickly eliminated out of a gauntlet match (Raw)
02/21/2021: Eliminated from Elimination Chamber without Eliminating Anyone (Elimination Chamber)
02/22/2021: Loses to Sheamus (Raw)
02/23/2021: Loses to The Miz (Raw)
05/03/2021: Loses to Jinder Mahal (Main Event)
05/10/2021: Loses to Jinder Mahal (Main Event)

So in the past six months or so since the draft, he's appeared on Raw more than I thought but out of 26 matches he's won six of them: four against Elias, one by DQ after he gets his rear end kicked, and one that was a ten man tag on Tribute to the Troops.

But the good news is that all of the heels he's put over (Hurt Business, Lars Sullivan, Jaxson Ryker) are valuable and pushed additions to the roster.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

Edge & Christian posted:

11/23/2020: Loses to Ricochet (Main Event)

lol

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Edge & Christian posted:

out of 26 matches he's won six of them

This was maybe the most over wrestler in the world in 2009

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Rarity posted:

Time makes fools of us all

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Rarity posted:

That picture of Orton kicking Jeff in the balls is one of my favorite pictures ever, including pictures of my sons.

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Just remembered the Forgotten Sons :takes a shot:

This drinking game has failed to get me drunk so far.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

Grendels Dad posted:

That picture of Orton kicking Jeff in the balls is one of my favorite pictures ever, including pictures of my sons.

pictures of your sons kicking Jeff in the balls?