Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry

CaptainPsyko posted:

Not filling out your full ballot is dumb. Your 2-5 literally do not count unless and until it is mathematically impossible for your #1 to win. Even if #5 is “well, I guess I’d rather a moron than a cop” tiebreaker participation.

This this this

It's statistically so unlikely for you to get to the dregs of your ballot, make your preference count as long as there's a good choice left

Do not allocate yang or the fash weirdos any choice tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

i have:

diane morales
maya wiley
....katheryn garcia?
paperboy prince???
lol scott stringer

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

i love that ranked choice is going to allow me to cast something like that as a ballot

Euphoriaphone
Aug 10, 2006

Two of the NYC mayoral candidates think the median home price in Brooklyn is $80k-$100k. Even Lucile Bluth would have been more accurate.
https://twitter.com/MonicaCKlein/status/1392091392290217984

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
postin g in the politics thread to say we won our class action suit against my shitdick billionaire former landlord today, the judge got SO TIRED of their bullshit after 3.5 years of hemming and hawing

summary judgment bitch

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

congrats on sticking with it

rich people hate inconvenience

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Gunshow Poophole posted:

postin g in the politics thread to say we won our class action suit against my shitdick billionaire former landlord today, the judge got SO TIRED of their bullshit after 3.5 years of hemming and hawing

summary judgment bitch

good poo poo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Gunshow Poophole posted:

summary judgment bitch

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

Gunshow Poophole posted:

summary judgment bitch

congrats

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
i'm readin the text of hte judgment more carefully and lol

Judge Pretty Cool Dude posted:

As for the second, defendants, who have the burden of proof with regard to their counterclaims, have failed to produce the relevant leases.

rear end in a top hat landlord's own intransigence with regard to absolutely refusing to provide discovery (which would have just inculpated him further, obvi) has also owned him out of one of his avenues of escape

time for some shell company bankruptcies and convenient loss of documents

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
lol

https://twitter.com/emilyngo/status/1392191054695256064

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lol get owned

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

lmaoooo

elaboration
Feb 21, 2020
he seems genuinely confused as to why this happened hes so fuckin dumb

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

Lmao I was canvassing last night and the salaried people were talking about blowing this event off because they didn't want to get Yang stench on them

RadiRoot
Feb 3, 2007
eat poo poo yanggang.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Judge Dredd Scott posted:

he seems genuinely confused as to why this happened hes so fuckin dumb

He refused to fade away like Jeb! and is working hard to create new cringe worthy moment for us to enjoy.

Fleetwood
Mar 26, 2010

biggest hochul head in china

Gunshow Poophole posted:

summary judgment bitch

good for you, mang congrats

Jay-V
Nov 8, 2009
lmfao yes astoria

Gunshow Poophole
Sep 14, 2008

OMBUDSMAN
POSTERS LOCAL 42069

Clapping Larry
so this was my landlord's lawyer

https://therealdeal.com/2021/05/12/the-curious-case-of-the-vanishing-attorney/

update published today, conveniently. edit: lol article includes Croman Mug Shot haha

lmao

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

anyone watching this debate?? I’m impressed by Wiley and Morales so far. Garcia and Donovan are such loving losers lol

scott stringer namedropping tara reid seemed uhhhhh very ballsy

QUEER FRASIER has issued a correction as of 01:23 on May 14, 2021

Fresh Like Zafo
May 31, 2012

I'll give Scott Stringer credit, saying "don't bring me into your daddy issues" got a good chuckle out of me when they asked Donovan about his father being his biggest donor.

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

QUEER FRASIER posted:

anyone watching this debate?? I’m impressed by Wiley and Morales so far. Garcia and Donovan are such loving losers lol

scott stringer namedropping tara reid seemed uhhhhh very ballsy

Just tuned in and ho poo poo is this debate spicy.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
Get up.

anyone that’s watching will probably be unimpressed by yang

too bad most people can’t watch this, much less choose to watch it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

morales and wiley were cool but people are definitely going to eat up adams' law and order bullshit in the long run.

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

In Training posted:

morales and wiley were cool but people are definitely going to eat up adams' law and order bullshit in the long run.

Thank god we're doing RCV, because it would be Adams winning with 35% and losers like McGuire and Donovan splitting the non-conservative vote

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Gunshow Poophole posted:

so this was my landlord's lawyer

https://therealdeal.com/2021/05/12/the-curious-case-of-the-vanishing-attorney/

update published today, conveniently. edit: lol article includes Croman Mug Shot haha

lmao

robbing landlords is praxis

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

DisgracelandUSA posted:

Just tuned in and ho poo poo is this debate spicy.
yeah I don’t know if it was how open the race is or the somewhat low profile of many of the candidates or what but it was one of the more entertaining zoom debates I’ve seen

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/juscohen/status/1393018988465213442

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

one of the weirdest parts to me was how many candidates were in favor of suspending health inspections for restaurants .

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

In Training posted:

one of the weirdest parts to me was how many candidates were in favor of suspending health inspections for restaurants .

Pretty reassuring in the midst of a pandemic.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

we need to get people puking everywhere to revitalize our crippled dining industry

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

In Training posted:

Garcia's explanation for this was the most :psyduck: moment of the night. She was like, come on, have you ever heard of someone getting sick in a New York restaurant, it doesn't happen! But, yes it does, and either way, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Bold Robot posted:

Garcia's explanation for this was the most :psyduck: moment of the night. She was like, come on, have you ever heard of someone getting sick in a New York restaurant, it doesn't happen! But, yes it does, and either way, if it ain't broke, why fix it?

Jesus christ. Yeah I don't think I'm even going to bother with this election

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
I can understand that health inspections can often be poor representations of actual resteraunt conditions day-to-day. If big A GRADE inspection certificates in windows don't actually reflect those conditions, their presence might be offering false assurances and/or eroding faith in the health department as an institution.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
A lot of the time you can scale the socioeconomic status down one notch for who actually gets the ear of campaigns and how they talk about them... so small business owners are basically real estate and finance, and "constituents" are basically small business owners. Lot of restaurant owners ("constituents"!) have taken a bath and maybe that was their request or something. And campaigns are dumb and think this is a grassroots request lol.

Scrub-Niggurath
Nov 27, 2007

I mean there’s a world of difference between “health inspections are only focused on very specific details that don’t reflect the sanitation of a restaurant as a whole” and “nobody gets food poisoning anymore so health inspections aren’t necessary”

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Its really funny that the Eric Addams video I keep seeing on YouTube talks about how he was abused by the police, than went to join them and you know do nothing about how the police abuse black kids till this day. It's funny that this if the only way to over come the Dinkins psychosis so many older New Yorkers have is with this guy.

betaraywil
Dec 30, 2006

Gather the wind
Though the wind won't help you fly at all

So am I reading this Morales water bill thing correctly that they made "Morales bribed a DEP official to fix her water bill" out of "Morales got shaken down by a corrupt DEP official" through the alchemy of the candidate being a progressive?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

betaraywil posted:

So am I reading this Morales water bill thing correctly that they made "Morales bribed a DEP official to fix her water bill" out of "Morales got shaken down by a corrupt DEP official" through the alchemy of the candidate being a progressive?

I don't even know what you are talking about but from your description it sounds adjacent to the "permit expediter" every Park Slope brownstone owner is hiring to get their million dollar renovations moving.