Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

break-up breakdown
Mar 6, 2010

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

does anyone have that amazing picture of a smiling haredi dude handing rocks to a masked palestinian protestor? google isn't helping

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/ParagonDeku/status/1392293680426401792

i say swears online posted:

i am pener the kropoopkin. and i come back to you now, at the turn of the tide

also, hi welcome back pener

Truga has issued a correction as of 10:00 on May 12, 2021

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

This user supports having it your way

This user believes in lovin' it

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

follow the classic liberal jew formula then drop in spanish balkanization like it's no big deal

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://twitter.com/IntlCrimCourt/status/1392364652504522753?s=20

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

https://twitter.com/iamMajidalisrk/status/1392395511064260610

a bitter duel

dads friend steve
Dec 24, 2004

dti

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

Radirot posted:

isn’t that one of the signs of fascism or something. can’t recall what I read that from.

It's from Umberto Eco's essay on Ur-Fascism.

While Eco is firm in claiming “There was only one Nazism,” he says, “the fascist game can be played in many forms, and the name of the game does not change.” Eco reduces the qualities of what he calls “Ur-Fascism, or Eternal Fascism” down to 14 “typical” features. “These features,” writes the novelist and semiotician, “cannot be organized into a system; many of them contradict each other, and are also typical of other kinds of despotism or fanaticism. But it is enough that one of them be present to allow fascism to coagulate around it.”

- The cult of tradition. “One has only to look at the syllabus of every fascist movement to find the major traditionalist thinkers. The Nazi gnosis was nourished by traditionalist, syncretistic, occult elements.”
- The rejection of modernism. “The Enlightenment, the Age of Reason, is seen as the beginning of modern depravity. In this sense Ur-Fascism can be defined as irrationalism.”
- The cult of action for action’s sake. “Action being beautiful in itself, it must be taken before, or without, any previous reflection. Thinking is a form of emasculation.”
- Disagreement is treason. “The critical spirit makes distinctions, and to distinguish is a sign of modernism. In modern culture the scientific community praises disagreement as a way to improve knowledge.”
- Fear of difference. “The first appeal of a fascist or prematurely fascist movement is an appeal against the intruders. Thus Ur-Fascism is racist by definition.”
- Appeal to social frustration. “One of the most typical features of the historical fascism was the appeal to a frustrated middle class, a class suffering from an economic crisis or feelings of political humiliation, and frightened by the pressure of lower social groups.”
- The obsession with a plot. “Thus at the root of the Ur-Fascist psychology there is the obsession with a plot, possibly an international one. The followers must feel besieged.”
- The enemy is both strong and weak. “By a continuous shifting of rhetorical focus, the enemies are at the same time too strong and too weak.”
- Pacifism is trafficking with the enemy. “For Ur-Fascism there is no struggle for life but, rather, life is lived for struggle.”
- Contempt for the weak. “Elitism is a typical aspect of any reactionary ideology.”
- Everybody is educated to become a hero. “In Ur-Fascist ideology, heroism is the norm. This cult of heroism is strictly linked with the cult of death.”
- Machismo and weaponry. “Machismo implies both disdain for women and intolerance and condemnation of nonstandard sexual habits, from chastity to homosexuality.”
- Selective populism. “There is in our future a TV or Internet populism, in which the emotional response of a selected group of citizens can be presented and accepted as the Voice of the People.”
- Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
it's german for 'the israel'

Grimson
Dec 16, 2004

https://twitter.com/Abd_HajYahia/status/1392090311720120323?s=20

Zedhe Khoja
Nov 10, 2017

sürgünden selamlar
yıkıcılar ulusuna
https://twitter.com/BlekingBen/status/1392290906678587392
Marg Bar Israhell

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
one, maybe two people on that list will approach an off-handed reference

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Is the final bit of this true?

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

i'm sure israelis will get right on obeying the Rome Statute made by an organization which features the wreath of the SPQR in its emblem

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
lol

https://twitter.com/Reductress/status/1392174013338865676

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

Grimson posted:

- Ur-Fascism speaks Newspeak. “All the Nazi or Fascist schoolbooks made use of an impoverished vocabulary, and an elementary syntax, in order to limit the instruments for complex and critical reasoning.”

Awesome how twitter is the 21st century iteration of this with 280 characters

MLSM
Apr 3, 2021

by Azathoth

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

Holy poo poo that guy's voice hit me hard. Dude thought that he was going to die and was desperate to keep some shred of dignity

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

That guy deserves the medal of honor for cameramen.

TeenageArchipelago
Jul 23, 2013

I remembered seeing someone say that they regretted watching the white phosphorus video but I did it anyway and god drat

QUEER FRASIER
May 31, 2011

this poo poo sucks and feels so hopeless. it feels like even just in the past ten to fifteen years this has become a ‘settled matter’ that barely makes the news, even left media, in the US. DTI, free palestine, etc etc

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

QUEER FRASIER posted:

this poo poo sucks and feels so hopeless. it feels like even just in the past ten to fifteen years this has become a ‘settled matter’ that barely makes the news, even left media, in the US. DTI, free palestine, etc etc

yeah. :(

DOCTOR ZIMBARDO
May 8, 2006
Fifteen years ago the only members of Congress condemning Israeli atrocities would be the ones who were avowed members of white supremacist orgs too meatheaded to know which side their bread was buttered on. It’s a very sad situation and unlikely to get less sad but maybe the collapse of the Israeli government will bring some sort of better result.

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

https://twitter.com/Ostrov_A/status/1392406708669063168

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Original reporter says it wasn't actually Willy Pete, but an Iron Dome missile disintegrating:

https://twitter.com/lebupdate/status/1392306453835354113?s=21

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lmao clicking "im not interested in this" removes any other entry in the trending topics but not this one

death to twitter

i am harry
Oct 14, 2003

so weird because Israel's primary force multiplier is its willingness to murder civilians. Israel has never fought any other way.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Darth Walrus posted:

Original reporter says it wasn't actually Willy Pete, but an Iron Dome missile disintegrating:

https://twitter.com/lebupdate/status/1392306453835354113?s=21

im willing to entertain this because the video seemed like the light wasnt the ultra bright wp light that burns on poo poo forever after it falls but i will also continue to claim it was wp forever to troll brown moses or whoever

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Breakfast All Day posted:

lmao clicking "im not interested in this" removes any other entry in the trending topics but not this one

death to twitter

Death to twitter indeed

https://twitter.com/caseyjohnston/status/1392254007939305480?s=19

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Wow someone should really glass this rogue nuclear state threatening to nuke noncombatant countries

You could do it with a few dozen warheads as long as you had some attack subs to track down their SLBMs in the Mediterranean.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Real hurthling! posted:

im willing to entertain this because the video seemed like the light wasnt the ultra bright wp light that burns on poo poo forever after it falls but i will also continue to claim it was wp forever to troll brown moses or whoever

Just think about all that iron dome shrapnel falling down and damaging Israeli cities, which they do all the time.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

TeenageArchipelago posted:

I remembered seeing someone say that they regretted watching the white phosphorus video but I did it anyway and god drat

Yeah I didn't sleep well.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

OK baizuo posted:

Wow someone should really glass this rogue nuclear state threatening to nuke noncombatant countries

You could do it with a few dozen warheads as long as you had some attack subs to track down their SLBMs in the Mediterranean.

they probably have a sub in the persian gulf too right? like 2 feet from iran.

human garbage bag
Jan 8, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

OK baizuo posted:

that's not the official position of the state though

THS
Sep 15, 2017

the official position is they dont have nukes winky face

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THS
Sep 15, 2017

israel is a rogue state and is everything conservatives fear iran is as far as being militarist psychos who would take everyone out with them if threatened