Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nicodemus Dumps
Jan 9, 2006

Just chillin' in the sink

A Moose posted:

Anyone have those weird workplace harassment training slides where a woman is bullying an Italian guy for not having a big enough lunch? I need dumb work training slides and I think I saw them in this thread but it was a couple weeks ago

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

thanks! My friends are talking about workplace harassment training and how dumb all the examples are but that has to be the worst example I've ever seen. It could almost be satire

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

The harassment training I had to do for my job this year was done by a new company. I don't know if they were trying to be inclusive or really have something against LGBTQ people because every other scenario was same sex harassment or people with very ethnic sounding names harassing people.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

Alterian posted:

The harassment training I had to do for my job this year was done by a new company. I don't know if they were trying to be inclusive or really have something against LGBTQ people because every other scenario was same sex harassment or people with very ethnic sounding names harassing people.

Weird, my friends were saying the same thing. Our theory is that its designed to make angry white dudes less defensive by not making them the bad guy right away so they might actually learn something instead of dismissing it immediately. Either that or it was made by chuds

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

hire 👏 more 👏 minority 👏 harassers 👏

Robobot
Aug 21, 2018
As an Italian man myself I feel compelled to say she is absolutely correct and he was eating a shameful sandwich. I'm sure he gets poo poo from his cousins, also all named Michael, all the time.

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

Oh, come on. There has to be at least a couple of Tonys in the family.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

A Moose posted:

thanks! My friends are talking about workplace harassment training and how dumb all the examples are but that has to be the worst example I've ever seen. It could almost be satire

The Australian government recently commissioned a bunch of training videos and lesson packs for school kids to teach them about consent and they were loving terrible.

Here's one that got pulled from the official website the day after it launched because the entire country went "WTF, how much tax payers money went towards this idiotic bullshit???!???" and the government got all pissy that people were laughing at them
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3aHhNKIcKU
(You might need a VPN to view it)

Here's the lovely website: https://thegoodsociety.gov.au/

E: Note also that the current Australian government are a bunch of right wing christian douchebags who have had a whole slew of sexual harassment/assault incidents in recent years and this was an obvious attempt for them to save some face and make it look like they were doing something about the issue on a wider scale, except because they're right wing christian douchebags of course the end result was really loving awkward and dumb.

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 15:09 on May 12, 2021

space uncle
Sep 17, 2006

"I don’t care if Biden beats Trump. I’m not offloading responsibility. If enough people feel similar to me, such as the large population of Muslim people in Dearborn, Michigan. Then he won’t"

Robobot posted:

As an Italian man myself I feel compelled to say she is absolutely correct and he was eating a shameful sandwich. I'm sure he gets poo poo from his cousins, also all named Michael, all the time.

Time to take the quiz at the end of the training!

Harassing Italian people in your workplace is
A. Never OK, all coworkers deserve respect and a safe place of work.
B. Hilarious! Gabbagool, eyy I’m filling out TPS reports ovah here.
C. Allowed - Italians don’t count as minorities!
D. B and C

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

space uncle posted:

Time to take the quiz at the end of the training!

Harassing Italian people in your workplace is
A. Never OK, all coworkers deserve respect and a safe place of work.
B. Hilarious! Gabbagool, eyy I’m filling out TPS reports ovah here.
C. Allowed - Italians don’t count as minorities!
D. B and C

D! badda-bing, fuhgeddaboudit

Alterian
Jan 28, 2003

A Moose posted:

Weird, my friends were saying the same thing. Our theory is that its designed to make angry white dudes less defensive by not making them the bad guy right away so they might actually learn something instead of dismissing it immediately. Either that or it was made by chuds

Apparently there are A LOT of ethnic-named lesbians stalking ex girlfriends in the workplace.

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Come on people, don't make fun of someones sandwich, no matter where they're from. Unless they're Swedish. Swedish bread sucks so bad even their own king joked about it.

Emily Spinach
Oct 21, 2010

:)
It’s 🌿Garland🌿!😯😯😯 No…🙅 I am become😤 😈CHAOS👿! MMMMH😋 GHAAA😫

MrUnderbridge posted:

Oh, come on. There has to be at least a couple of Tonys in the family.

The Tonys are also named Michael. The Michaels are also named Tony.

BrianBoitano
Nov 15, 2006

this is fine

Not sure if this helps, A Moose, but I got this on a real job application. Submitting with none of the answers was not allowed.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Emily Spinach posted:

The Tonys are also named Michael. The Michaels are also named Tony.

There are also a bunch of Petey’s, Paulie’s, and a couple of Joey’s. Half of them have sisters named Marie.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Australian government recently commissioned a bunch of training videos and lesson packs for school kids to teach them about consent and they were loving terrible.

Here's one that got pulled from the official website the day after it launched because the entire country went "WTF, how much tax payers money went towards this idiotic bullshit???!???" and the government got all pissy that people were laughing at them

E: Note also that the current Australian government are a bunch of right wing christian douchebags who have had a whole slew of sexual harassment/assault incidents in recent years and this was an obvious attempt for them to save some face and make it look like they were doing something about the issue on a wider scale, except because they're right wing christian douchebags of course the end result was really loving awkward and dumb.

drat, beaten.

I'm going to refrain from including any other information on the government's reason for putting out the campaign because this is the funny thread and they are universally loving evil and the poo poo that came to light should have resulted in every single one of them getting dragged from parliament house and hung by their feet from lampposts and fires lit under them.

But the original website did give us this incredible image:

And if you're wondering if their anti-sexual assault campaign consisted almost exclusively of women hurting men and not the other way around - they answer is yes.

holttho
May 21, 2007

What is there even to laugh at?

Bibliotechno Music
Dec 30, 2008

fartknocker posted:

There are also a bunch of Petey’s, Paulie’s, and a couple of Joey’s. Half of them have sisters named Marie.

The other half of them have sisters named Toni.

Re: bad harassment videos, I found this thread a few weeks back and have been giggling about it since:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3899002

XeeD
Jul 10, 2001
I see invisible dumptrucks.

Humphreys posted:

Because he keeps loving with the development of the M2 Bradley.

This needs more love.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

Good boy.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Took me a moment to realize "my idiot furry son" did not refer to a human.

Yoshi Wins
Jul 14, 2013

Same here, and I like the idea that a furry's dad said, "OK, you can keep living here and wear your fursuit, but you have to sleep in the yard at night and bark at bears who try to get into the trash."

Evilreaver
Feb 26, 2007

GEORGE IS GETTIN' AUGMENTED!
Dinosaur Gum

Yoshi Wins posted:

Same here, and I like the idea that a furry's dad said, "OK, you can keep living here and wear your fursuit, but you have to sleep in the yard at night and bark at bears who try to get into the trash."

Even better that he agreed to it

Lodin
Jul 31, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
It's me, I'm the bear that keeps killing deer for their bones that I then have to bring to a dog just so I can get some delicious trash. Might sound like a lovely MMORPG-quest but it's true.

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

I just remembered the other image I was trying to find. I saw a video explaining the neopets black market, and someone made a comment that at least its less dumb than bitcoin, so now I'm looking for the "It can't be that dumb, you must be explaining it wrong" bitcoin logo, and I can't find it. Maybe it originated here?

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

A Moose posted:

I just remembered the other image I was trying to find. I saw a video explaining the neopets black market, and someone made a comment that at least its less dumb than bitcoin, so now I'm looking for the "It can't be that dumb, you must be explaining it wrong" bitcoin logo, and I can't find it. Maybe it originated here?

Dave Syndrome
Jan 11, 2007
Look, Bernard. Bernard, look. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Look. Bernard. Bernard. Bernard! Bernard. Bernard. Look, Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard! Look! Bernard! Bernard. Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Look, Bernard! Bernard! Bernard, look! Look! Bern

OwlFancier posted:

Took me a moment to realize "my idiot furry son" did not refer to a human.

Same, and I wondered what it means to "bork" at things. My mind immediately went to some sort of Muppets / Swedish Chef cosplay.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
I call it "bruffing"

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

BrianBoitano posted:

Not sure if this helps, A Moose, but I got this on a real job application. Submitting with none of the answers was not allowed.

If you click the raise one, you don't get hired

Stexils
Jun 5, 2008

Lodin posted:

It's me, I'm the bear that keeps killing deer for their bones that I then have to bring to a dog just so I can get some delicious trash. Might sound like a lovely MMORPG-quest but it's true.

its the inverse of an mmorpg quest. a bear rear end is bringing treasure to get access to garbage

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Velocity Raptor posted:

Sounds like win-win either way.

E: fun fact about when America was on the gold standard

The gold standard is why quarters have ridges along the side. With all the gold found during the gold rush, it brought the overall value of gold down. Effectively making the amount of gold in a quarter less than the value of the quarter itself.

As such, the mint came up with the idea to cut the ridges into the quarters to reduce the amount of materials used and reduce it's own cost per quarter. The material retrieved from cutting the ridges allowed them to mint an additional 250,000 quarters each year with the same material cost, preventing a Golden Depression.

Admins please rename me Golden Depression

`Nemesis
Dec 30, 2000

railroad graffiti

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Milo and POTUS posted:

If you click the raise one, you don't get hired

And then they print out a sheet of paper that says "Nobody wants 2 work anymore :(" and tape it up to the window.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

The Australian version of Zooey Deschanel is a monster.

Also, why are there references to two Kelis songs in this?

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Bright Side:
Millennials just might be the last generation to enjoy the same life expectancy as the one before.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

Dave Syndrome posted:

Same, and I wondered what it means to "bork" at things. My mind immediately went to some sort of Muppets / Swedish Chef cosplay.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCAORZphnlY

Jabberlock
Nov 29, 2014

FreudianSlippers posted:

Bright Side:
Millennials just might be the last generation to enjoy the same life expectancy as the one before.

Lucky rear end Gen Z

kdrudy
Sep 19, 2009

Don't forget the gold standard of sexual harassment videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1X0kzDKXyQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

FreudianSlippers posted:

Bright Side:

Doubtful, you see the poo poo that we eat