Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 9 hours!

JUNGLE BOY posted:

yeah karrion kross

lmfao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Orange Carlisle posted:

I like Todd Pettengill and even back in the 90's he was way better than he should have been on screen for WWF's bullshit

Watching a bunch of mid-90s WWF stuff lately and Todd definitely never got the credit he deserved for his shilling. He was pretty endearing and a giant goofball who didn't mind looking like a boob.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Kross is boring as hell and there are a bunch of way better guys to have in his spot. Someone show Scarlett to Vince so he can call them both up then forget about Kross in a month.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Bring back Rob Bartlett to do commentary again like early Raw.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Despite this evil evil company I really do hold some memories of it fondly. Like the beer skit with Austin and Jericho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6iint9eqLA&t=341s

And while not on it's show - but WWE adjascent - I really like this reading from John Cena of Do not go gentle into that good night

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UeB5oqiAaFI

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Codependent Poster posted:

Kross is boring as hell and there are a bunch of way better guys to have in his spot. Someone show Scarlett to Vince so he can call them both up then forget about Kross in a month.
I feel like Kross is an attempt by HHH to install a champion in his own mold so I don't think he's giving him up, or giving up on him, especially given his recent demotion.

My favorite part of him is the fact he looks like a jacked Brandon Cutler with googly eyes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like Kross is an attempt by HHH to install a champion in his own mold so I don't think he's giving him up, or giving up on him, especially given his recent demotion.

My favorite part of him is the fact he looks like a jacked Brandon Cutler with googly eyes.

I remember Kross having buzz on the indies and I thought he supposed to be this hard hitting killer. Now you're telling me he's wrestling a HHH style? Glad he didn't end up in AEW then.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Modern NXT is incredibly lame because it's trying very hard to be cool and its idea of cool is pure Triple H 'Boomer Metal Dad whose most recent album purchase was Vulgar Display of Power".

Snacksmaniac
Jan 12, 2008

Hell yea

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shard posted:

Despite this evil evil company I really do hold some memories of it fondly. Like the beer skit with Austin and Jericho

idgi there's exactly two camera cuts between these GIFS showing like 30 seconds of action??? Shouldn't there be at least 20?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Dimebags Brain posted:

Modern NXT is incredibly lame because it's trying very hard to be cool and its idea of cool is pure Triple H 'Boomer Metal Dad whose most recent album purchase was Vulgar Display of Power".

NXT hit its peak when it was PWG with the serial numbers filed off and everything since to WWE-ify it has just made it this ungodly hybrid of WWE booking and PWG wrestling. It's like being forced to watch EVOLVE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
https://twitter.com/SKWrestling_/status/1392608022715850755

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Killer Kross signing with WWE and not AEW was the biggest loving bullet dodged ever

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
I remember when Killer Kross was in Impact Wrestling, and I said to myself "This guy is good as an enforcer type, but not much else". And I was right!

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

killer kross is at most an enforcer of proper erotic roleplay etiquette in an mmorpg

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

StarkRavingMad posted:

:cawg:

I guess it's only a .01 difference in the demo, so not as bad as it looked in total viewers. Just lost a bunch of old people

:rip:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Killer Kross first started getting buzz when he had a Bloodsport match with Davey Boy Smith Jr. that got a ton of hype at the time, and made people think that he could be more than a generic muscle guy. In hindsight, it was clearly a fluke.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

I didn’t watch Raw but this doesn’t feel all that far fetched to me, what segment was better?

Cerebral Bore
Apr 21, 2010

Fun Shoe
I think that a highlight by definition has to be something actually good as opposed to something less bad than the rest.

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

StarkRavingMad posted:

:cawg:

I guess it's only a .01 difference in the demo, so not as bad as it looked in total viewers. Just lost a bunch of old people

Or maybe Dream took his demo with him to Raw

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Endless Mike posted:

idgi there's exactly two camera cuts between these GIFS showing like 30 seconds of action??? Shouldn't there be at least 20?

They also only zoomed in once and not in and out repeatedly. I'm hugely confused as to why I'm able to watch those gifs without getting a headache.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Cerebral Bore posted:

I think that a highlight by definition has to be something actually good as opposed to something less bad than the rest.

Also even if he's correct, consider the source

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
this just popped up on my twitter feed and I’ve never seen it before but it’s very funny

https://twitter.com/WWENetwork/status/1392844799854751744

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
I continue to be surprised that Hogan ever allowed something like that to happen.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Pope Corky the IX posted:

I continue to be surprised that Hogan ever allowed something like that to happen.

He had a lot less power the 2nd go around.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

I had tuned out by then, but man, the unified belt going from the lackluster Jericho reign -> returning Trips (but he's banged up again) -> Hogan -> Undertaker.....ugh. Can't imagine the product having any momentum

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Seams posted:

this just popped up on my twitter feed and I’ve never seen it before but it’s very funny

This was my dad's favorite wrestling thing ever. If anyone ever mentioned wrestling, he'd bring this up. Which I'm surprised it had that much of a effect on him since he was dead drunk and I was dragging his carcass across the living room while it was playing.

Its pretty wild that Taker and Hogan produced a treasured family moment but here we are.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

D.N. Nation posted:

I had tuned out by then, but man, the unified belt going from the lackluster Jericho reign -> returning Trips (but he's banged up again) -> Hogan -> Undertaker.....ugh. Can't imagine the product having any momentum

At the time it was very fun seeing Hogan on top briefly for the nostalgia of it all. Plus they did different stuff with him along the way like having him tap out to Angel's ankle lock.

Taker/Hogan was garbage, though, as I remember it and has that really awful chokeslam.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I didn’t watch Raw but this doesn’t feel all that far fetched to me, what segment was better?

absolutely nothing. He's right on this one.

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!
The Big Evil stuff was pretty much my favorite version of Undertaker ever, and the brief Hogan nostalgia run was fun. Also, as an enormous Chris Jericho mark, seeing HHH have to follow up his "triumphant return" chumping of Jericho at Wrestlemania with immediately dropping the Title to old man Hogan was hilarious. There was some real wacky booking that summer but it's amazing looking back how fun it was compared to today's soulless slop.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He had a lot less power the 2nd go around.

I like the rumour that they had him cut a promo on Angle about how he was proud to be bald, just because they knew he couldn't say no to it.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

quote:

Zelina Vega, also known as Thea Trinidad was at the WWE Performance Center on Thursday, May 13. We were told it wasn't just a visit, as she was being filmed for some reason there. Zelina left WWE in November when she was fired for not following third party policies. Her husband Aleister Black also hasn't wrestled since her firing, and only recently saw vignettes air for his return after Fightful had reports that he had not been backstage at Smackdown for quite a while.

We're working to learn the context of Zelina's appearance at the WWE PC, but have been told the working plan is for her to return to the company.

lol

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Scab

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
lmao

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Watch it be a WWE-produced documentary on how awful WWE is to people who entertain for them.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

LOL Zelina is such a scab

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Zelina has shamed Andrea Zuckerman. Next time don't bother with the "unions...very interesting!" tweets.

ASenileAnimal
Dec 21, 2017

Seams posted:

lmao ive never seen this before but im glad i finally did

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Big Evil was a great character but had mostly bad matches. The ladder match with Jeff Hardy and the hardcore match with RVD I remember being good though. It also had some moments of Crazy Old Man which were good but Taker was like late thirties at the time, not a spring chicken but not exactly over the hill over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Seams posted:

lol, the barrel roll into the clangy poles