Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Yeah, great at getting us into Wawa.

Drunkboxer posted:

Villaretardo

I know you’re mocking Adam, but don’t do this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Grant DaNasty posted:

I remember this! Didn't Lynette leave Sonny in the hospital while she went to go see Bruce Springsteen in concert for the millionth time?

Good god. How old was he when this happened? Call me a bitch but this would have hosed me up forever

Red
Apr 15, 2003

Riptor posted:

something like 5 years ago Lynette went on some podcast from the Greater Carolla Podcast Universe (maybe with Allison Rosen at the time? I don't know, I think it was a woman who hosted the podcast, and someone who worked with Adam) and the whole thing was her very sadly/exasperatedly talking about how hard it is to deal with Adam and just sort of making excuses for all his behavior at the same time

Didn't seem great!

Reminds me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DkNBFshjB8

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Yeah the "kid doesn't need a second helmet" also immediately reminded me of "Adam peed in my kid's sandbox" story. The twins were like kindergarten age when I stopped listening, so I had no idea where they were now. I remember him telling a story about putting Sonny to bed, Sonny stopping Adam as he's walking out of the room to say "hey dad, I love you", and Adam tearing up. Real sad to see how things ended up after literal decades of him bitching about how little effort his parents put into his childhood.

Grant DaNasty
Jul 17, 2006

beep by grandpa posted:

Good god. How old was he when this happened? Call me a bitch but this would have hosed me up forever

I wanna say somewhere in the 8-11 age range.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
I remember a photo bring posted in this thread about the kid wiping out (post wipeout), kid looked real upset

Mightve been from Twitter?

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

I snipped it out of the quote earlier instead of just spoilering it for some reason :nws::nws:

It was kosher back then dunno if it'd fly now

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

WEH posted:

I snipped it out of the quote earlier instead of just spoilering it for some reason :nws::nws:

Frankly I appreciate it

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

BOTH Adam and Lynette left him like that?

toggle
Nov 7, 2005

Tweak posted:

Well springsteen was in town, what do you expect?

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Tweak posted:

She had a Springsteen show she wanted to see and Adam's explanation was that he had multiple podcasts to record.

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

I no longer care what stupid horrifying bullshit adam has said throughout his rightwing bootstraps blahblah poo poo, the act of abandoning your young child at a hospital, who has a head injury, all by himself to go to a concert is most of the more revolting things I've ever heard of in my entire life

I know I'm sounding dramatic but this just really upsets me

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

No you're right. It was bad just hearing but then seeing how badly the kid was injured really drives it home. poo poo I skipped an equivalent outing when my dog had a tummy ache.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

beep by grandpa posted:

I no longer care what stupid horrifying bullshit adam has said throughout his rightwing bootstraps blahblah poo poo, the act of abandoning your young child at a hospital, who has a head injury, all by himself to go to a concert is most of the more revolting things I've ever heard of in my entire life

It's especially bad when you stop to consider how often Adam threw his parents under the bus for not being there for him.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

El Gallinero Gros posted:

It's especially bad when you stop to consider how often Adam threw his parents under the bus for not being there for him.

"My dad went to go record some podcasts and my mom went to a concert, so they left me at the hospital with a head-wound" could easily be an Adam story about his parents if you replaced podcasts with doing AM talk radio or something.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Blowjob Overtime posted:

"My dad went to go record some podcasts and my mom went to a concert, so they left me at the hospital with a head-wound" could easily be an Adam story about his parents if you replaced podcasts with doing AM talk radio or something.

Ugh, yes.

I wish he was still doing Loveline and espousing vaguely lefty takes with the odd right wing take that Drew or callers mock him for. It'd be funny if this kid ended up a left wing firebrand out of bitterness towards his folks (Adam would still take credit for it, though).

I remember the Loveline feed back when I still used iTunes. Good times. Also, gently caress Giovanni.

El Gallinero Gros fucked around with this message at 15:27 on May 13, 2021

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

How could you distance yourself from your thoughts/concerns about his injury far enough to even enjoy a concert on any level

Red
Apr 15, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

How could you distance yourself from your thoughts/concerns about his injury far enough to even enjoy a concert on any level

For some people, having kids is just a box to check as an accomplishment. They clearly rely on the maid to actually raise their kids.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007

WEH posted:

That’s way worse than I imagined

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

beep by grandpa posted:

It should.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

beep by grandpa posted:

I have a 3-year old, and I cannot imagine anything worse than seeing my kid like that.

You're not overreacting, at all.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
Why even mention that your son ate poo poo on a bicycle, and that you left him in the hospital with the nanny. wtf

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

ninjoatse.cx posted:

Why even mention that your son ate poo poo on a bicycle, and that you left him in the hospital with the nanny. wtf

It builds grit, you see.

JGdmn
Jun 12, 2005

Like I give a fuck.
It’s that little bit of grit that turns into a pearl of spite for your negligent parents.

There’s few things more reprehensible than leaving your prone children. I would almost say it’s an instinctual reaction to protect them if it wasn’t for entitled shits like Adam.

Also, just as a parting shot for him: Adam doesn’t know anywhere close to what he thinks he does in construction, he’s a hack there too.

WEH
Feb 22, 2009

Wasn't it mostly stuff that made some sort of sense in the 80s/90s? I feel like i read something to the effect of "it hasnt been done that way in 20 years" at some point

Red
Apr 15, 2003

WEH posted:

Wasn't it mostly stuff that made some sort of sense in the 80s/90s? I feel like i read something to the effect of "it hasnt been done that way in 20 years" at some point

As far as I recall, his construction experience consists of:

- Garbage pick-up/demolition when he started
- Earthquake-proofing houses in LA
- Cabinet making

He had a construction podcast (Ace on the House?) he did with Ray, but I quickly quit them because they were annoying as poo poo, except for one I liked with Cliff from Cheers. From what I remember, he and Ray argued to the point where Adam would shout him down, and they took one or two questions, leading to a spiraling rant from Adam.

Edit: In fact, I think he and Ray knew each other from working in carpet cleaning, not construction. I never read the books, so someone else may know more.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
They were childhood friends who went to school together, played football together, etc.

Riptor
Apr 13, 2003

here's to feelin' good all the time
ray would fill his rear end with water from a hose then spray it everywhere. this was the foundation of their friendship

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
I remember reading about how Adam pities Ray for having a rent controlled place or something. Like that's a bad thing.

Red
Apr 15, 2003

pangstrom posted:

They were childhood friends who went to school together, played football together, etc.

Oh, that's right; Ray was the huge kid who was good at football, and continually hosed over Adam.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe

Red posted:

As far as I recall, his construction experience consists of:

- Garbage pick-up/demolition when he started
- Earthquake-proofing houses in LA
- Cabinet making

He had a construction podcast (Ace on the House?) he did with Ray, but I quickly quit them because they were annoying as poo poo, except for one I liked with Cliff from Cheers. From what I remember, he and Ray argued to the point where Adam would shout him down, and they took one or two questions, leading to a spiraling rant from Adam.

Edit: In fact, I think he and Ray knew each other from working in carpet cleaning, not construction. I never read the books, so someone else may know more.

That podcast is still going. It's Adam and Strohmer (sp?) now. Strohmer is a pretty mellow folkys guy, so he isn't Ray by a long shot. He does know his way around construction, though. Not sure about the chemistry of the hosts, but the chemistry of the calls/writers is great. They are people calling in with construction questions who know as much about construction as as the loveline callers know about sex and biology.

Caller: So there's in the beam in my garage from a large tree falling on it. I'm thinking about fixing it up with wood putty and carpenter's glue...
Ace: No, if it's actually split it need to be replaced. If it can't be replaced, they made steel plates that attach to either sides of the beam if the split is small enough.
*pause*
Caller, undaunted: ...so when I put the putty in in, it falls out whenever it rains and gets wet. What can I use to keep it in?

Caller2: "I took out a wall by myself, and now my ceiling is starting to sag. Should I be concerned about that?"

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Him being useless in construction is funny considering he's got a TV show built around catching sloppy contractors in the act

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://twitter.com/prageru/status/1397599159344041990?s=20

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
There was some weird glitch in the matrix that created both a Jeremy Clarkson and an Adam Carolla, talented gearhead comedians with similarly long-yet-fat faces and bad politics.

Keystoned
Jan 27, 2012

Tell that to lynette

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

he's so based and cool and badass and won't let anyone tell him what to do wow

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe

pangstrom posted:

There was some weird glitch in the matrix that created both a Jeremy Clarkson and an Adam Carolla, talented gearhead comedians with similarly long-yet-fat faces and bad politics.

Not weird at all, they should have been separated by an entire ocean. Its not the matrix's fault that we allowed them to become international celebrities and travel.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
I'm not even saying this to be funny, but I don't think I've ever considered Adam a comedian.

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
he’s less of a comedian and more of a comedy factory

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

To be clear, they intended it to be cancel-proof, right? Without the hyphen I read it as Adam being proof of cancellation.