Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

net work error posted:

Biden getting COVID like Trump but being more sick will make me miss Trump on Twitter a whole lot.

imagining Trump's maskless poo poo-eating grin at Joe's state funeral and vibrating

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

fosborb posted:

Joe Biden is old enough that a vaccinated case could very well knock him on his rear end

lol remember when trump was infected and everyone for sure thought he was gonna die0

diet coke & fish fillet diet does wonders :smugdon:

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
lol gently caress this didn't even last 24 hours

fosborb posted:

not that SC's governor even needed to issue that order. precious to think any school districts in South Carolina are going to require masks next year. hell, my bet is nearly all private schools and must public ones too will ban them as being against dress code

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

gently caress this, if no one cares anymore I'm going to go to the baseball game tonight. I give up.

People still care.

Capital doesn’t.

Lacrosse
Jun 16, 2010

>:V

Notahippie posted:

Yuup... and starting right about October, seasonality is going to flip and we're going to see a bigass spike and the question becomes whether anybody does anything about it or whether we wait until we have a big old clusterfuck that's too big to handle easily.

On one hand I'm upset about the mask mandate ending, but I'm also losing sympathy for people who are currently getting ill. Like, the people in my office who are sick absolutely could have been vaccinated by now if they chose to be. Now, I don't know their situation like if they're immunocompromised or whatever, but they still made choices that got them ill, either they sent their kids to school or they're going out for brunch.

Maybe the next thing the CDC should recommend is having Covid parties where the unvaccinated spit directly into each other's mouths so we can get to herd immunity faster.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

Google Butt posted:

this is the only reasonable outcome

hail satan

fosborb
Dec 15, 2006

Chronic Good Poster
I was so naive back then

Stevie Lee
Oct 8, 2007
kamala is fully aware of biden's low titer levels

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Fitzy Fitz posted:

did you guys hear

Lamech
Nov 20, 2001

Soiled Meat

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

gently caress this, if no one cares anymore I'm going to go to the baseball game tonight. I give up.

that's the spirit

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

back to the office in a month

nooooooooo

Sudden Loud Noise
Feb 18, 2007

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

back to the office in a month

nooooooooo

Quit your job.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

that's the spirit !

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

lmao

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice
I give all the state maintained COVID dashboards until the end of the month before the last one goes dark.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

either or jfc aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Paradoxish
Dec 19, 2003

Will you stop going crazy in there?

Lacrosse posted:

On one hand I'm upset about the mask mandate ending, but I'm also losing sympathy for people who are currently getting ill. Like, the people in my office who are sick absolutely could have been vaccinated by now if they chose to be. Now, I don't know their situation like if they're immunocompromised or whatever, but they still made choices that got them ill, either they sent their kids to school or they're going out for brunch.

Maybe the next thing the CDC should recommend is having Covid parties where the unvaccinated spit directly into each other's mouths so we can get to herd immunity faster.

I don't know your situation so maybe there isn't a ton of pressure there yet, but keeping your kids home is barely a choice (if it's available at all) in a lot of places. My city's district technically has a remote option available, but the district has been making threats for next semester if kids don't return to school before summer. Kids that finish out the year remote may not be eligible for a bunch of extracurricular activities and poo poo like that.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
:shrug:
I survived covid once. You all can too. ;)

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

gotta imagine this is the end goal

Ending COVID is too hard so the full force of capital and government will work together to make you feel like it's normal and you're crazy for being so worried, just get out there, you got your shot, you're fine

And eventually it'll work on a lot of us, I know I'm not immune.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

open the pitt

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
America needs to die.

I absolutely do not understand the hatred of masks.

Notorious R.I.M.
Jan 27, 2004

up to my ass in alligators
Honestly I'm pretty bullish on this news now that I realized what percentage of our senators are over 80 and what the vaccine efficacy in the over 80s is.

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Lacrosse posted:

None of my children are allowed to be vaccinated as they are all under 12 years of age.

This announcement is a really, really bad idea.

sonatinas
Apr 15, 2003

Seattle Karate Vs. L.A. Karate
still thinking about that person that got the whole vial

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Paradoxish posted:

I don't know your situation so maybe there isn't a ton of pressure there yet, but keeping your kids home is barely a choice (if it's available at all) in a lot of places. My city's district technically has a remote option available, but the district has been making threats for next semester if kids don't return to school before summer. Kids that finish out the year remote may not be eligible for a bunch of extracurricular activities and poo poo like that.

drat thats hosed up lol

Loucks
May 21, 2007

I’m perfectly chill. Perfectly chill. The most innocuous comment set you off, not me. People are shockingly stupid, except for me. If that upsets you please shut the fuck up.

Lacrosse posted:

I'm also losing sympathy for people who are currently getting ill.

Think about the messaging people who watch the news and follow the official accounts on social media are seeing. Sure, plenty of people are just selfish assholes, but there have to be millions who are just convinced by the people they trust to manage this sort of thing that it’s basically over. My spouse signed up for a vaccination as soon as they were legitimately able to and still hasn’t had the second shot yet. People like them are likely to relax, get Covid, and die if they’re only exposed to Open ‘er Up crew shouting that this is all behind us now.

Epstein thread is right.

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits

I know it's bad but that was my first thought too.

Edit: not that I'm actually gonna do it

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005
just thinking idly about how P1 is gaining decent ground here locally with masks and distancing in effect, which we are canceling

this is good news!!! for virus!!

Floor is lava
May 14, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/StateHealthIN/status/1392917822246952963

what the gently caress indiana

Delta-Wye
Sep 29, 2005

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Honestly I'm pretty bullish on this news now that I realized what percentage of our senators are over 80 and what the vaccine efficacy in the over 80s is.

yeeeeeessss :sickos:

jarofpiss
May 16, 2009

im glad, i hate wearing a mask!

mdemone
Mar 14, 2001

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

....a plan glimmers, faintly.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Notorious R.I.M. posted:

Don't get your hopes up, they all will get world class medical care and full treatment the second any symptoms are noticed rather than not until we need the ICU like us plebes.

Thoguh has issued a correction as of 20:09 on May 13, 2021

Zisky
May 6, 2003

PM me and I will show you my tits
If you wanna really pop a vein turn on CNN and watch the anchors broadly grin and talk about throwing away their masks and what a buzzkill it is Warner Media hasn't told them they can start spitting in eachother's mouths yet.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Iron Crowned posted:

Only the dancers, but asside from one of them they were the kind that was just a bejeweled mesh, making them decorational

lol :nice:

pancake rabbit
Feb 21, 2011

fits my needs posted:

open the pitt

*madjackal voice*

it's all good and it's all in fun
now get in the pitt and try to love someone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011