Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

namesake posted:

I think it's the 'co-ordinated' part that's the outrageous part there. Which journalist was it that convinced a Labour cabinet member under Corbyn to resign live on air to get a shock headline? It's that sort of corruption that it's okay to get mad at.

You know who it was without even having to google it just by the phrase BBC journalist.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jakabite posted:

I've always found 'class traitor' to really wind some of them up.

It has a lot of benefits - winds them up, legally not a profanity, educational

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.
I'm getting me second Pfizer shot after 12.5 weeks technically means it isn't being delivered as licensed so :rip: me I guess

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Lady Demelza posted:

I really feel for all of you desperate to get the vaccine but are too young, because those NHS ads and Facebook invitations to add the 'I've had my vaccine' frame to my profile felt like they were mocking me too.

If you're concerned about which one you'll get, apparently some of the larger vaccination centres are phasing out AZ and will stock only Pfizer and Moderna (or will only be offering AZ as the second jab on specific days). One of the large centres in my county stopped AZ earlier this week, partly because they're open evenings and weekends which is more convenient for under-40s who are now expected to go back into their workplaces. The smaller pharmacy or surgery vaccination clinics are less likely to have the freezers needed for Pfizer and have shorter opening hours.

Smaller centres sufficiently close to hospitals/big centres with appropriate freezers are also getting Pfizer - it's safe in normal refrigeration for 12 hours so they just drop off a load in the morning. This is why I posted earlier about the centre I was at having all-age walk-ins available - when I left at 4 they were already planning to literally start going out to the station nearby to grab people if they still had spares come 6 o'clock.

(Having said that the reason they had quite so many spares was there was a major fuckup and a hundred or so people expecting AZ second doses showed up in the morning - seems like despite fiddling the advice they're still trying to ensure people get the same vaccine for both)

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

ThomasPaine posted:

I'm getting me second Pfizer shot after 12.5 weeks technically means it isn't being delivered as licensed so :rip: me I guess

So how’s it going with Tweetman on Tinder?

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
That account restricted its tweets a few hours ago, did anyone save the photo ThomasPaine?

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

Guavanaut posted:

That account restricted its tweets a few hours ago, did anyone save the photo ThomasPaine?

It's deleted and I didn't actually see it lol

But I want to

Jakabite posted:

So how’s it going with Tweetman on Tinder?

She blocked me for antisemitism because I said free school means were cool idk

ThomasPaine fucked around with this message at 22:02 on May 13, 2021

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1392542761547673600

finally the adults are here

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall
anyone that's been around farm workers, especially on farms that host placements, has probably heard the pseudo-mythical story about one of the vet students deciding that "don't come in on your period" is an ignorable sexist suggestion, and the irate and possibly-sexist-anyway old farmer then having to deal with an enraged boar trying to murder everything

so it's not the worst analogy

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

Has anyone had any experience dealing with anti social firework use?
Since about 6 this evening I've had rockets exploding above my house, they seem to be launched from a pub garden 120 meters down the road. 8-9 rockets in the past 2 hours at random intervals, all exploding above my house, maybe 5 meters at most above roof level. Although one went off as I was taking a delivery in and exploded at roof height just above me and the delivery guy giving him a real fright and making my ears ring. I have two cats who are completely freaked out at this point and live opposite sheltered housing for the elderly so I assume loud explosions aren't doing them any good.
So yeah, anyone got any experience with something like this or any advice? It would be appreciated thank you.

forkboy84 posted:

Have you considered moving away from Gaza?

Ah you beat me to it.
I was going to suggest you call the IDF - they'll flatten the pub and scorch the earth for a 2 km radius for you.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Ghosts Love Wubs posted:

No, there's been an issue since last autumn of one, maybe two fireworks being let off on random days usually around 8.30. It stopped around February of this year and I had hoped that was the end of it. I've never had multiple rockets explode above my house in a 2 hour period though.

I've got the quietly annoyed bit perfected right now. As long as posting is still counted as being quiet.

Local council noise abatement? Is it a free house or managed for a brewery?

Lungboy
Aug 23, 2002

NEED SQUAT FORM HELP

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Ah you beat me to it.
I was going to suggest you call the IDF - they'll flatten the pub and scorch the earth for a 2 km radius for you.

I'm afraid they're busy right now https://twitter.com/IDF/status/1392953390443991040

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Hahaha the loving shamelessness of it

jabby
Oct 27, 2010

At least they didn't say 'defending'.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
this would never have happened if the palestinians hadn’t indicted bibi for corruption!

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

bump_fn posted:

this would never have happened if the palestinians hadn’t indicted bibi for corruption!

I mean, that’s probably true (in a way); he is absolutely cynical, vain and power-hungry enough to have provoked this to hang onto power. loving evil man.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

therattle posted:

I mean, that’s probably true (in a way); he is absolutely cynical, vain and power-hungry enough to have provoked this to hang onto power. loving evil man.

he absolutely did and it’s the palestinians fault for controlling the investigation

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Which of the vaccines is safest for mid-30s GOONS?

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
Turkey baster full of beans

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Crankit posted:

Which of the vaccines is safest for mid-30s GOONS?

they're all fine but AZ seems to give people miserable side effects for a few days more often

Crankit
Feb 7, 2011

HE WATCHES
Ok I thought I'd heard a thing about blood clotting and dunno what happened with that

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

Crankit posted:

Ok I thought I'd heard a thing about blood clotting and dunno what happened with that

It's literally not an issue medically afaik. There have been a very very small number of cases of clotting with AZ but way less proportionally than a bunch of routinely prescribed meds like the contraceptive pill. It's super low risk considering the benefit.

Iirc most of the issues with countries suspending use have been purely legal on the basis that it wasn't a recognised side effect and could therefore potentially be a viable lawsuit if anyone did get clotting and decided to pursue it.

The tldr is get whichever vaccine is offered as soon as you have the opportunity.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

they really are a parody of themselves huh? They sometimes seem to see the issue but never ever the resolution to it.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

PNGYAKUZA posted:

they really are a parody of themselves huh? They sometimes seem to see the issue but never ever the resolution to it.

Sometimes?

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Apologies if this has already been brought up and discussed but:

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1392970115642183681?s=19

Apparently suspended 2 hours after posting this tweet, which he deleted and apologised for 30 mins afterward:

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
It was a dumb tweet, anyone seeking a high profile position should be smarter than posting poo poo like that on main.

PNGYAKUZA
Apr 21, 2021

I'm not a monster, it's just a mask.

kingturnip posted:

Sometimes?

I don't kleep up with the lib dems much so I'm probably misremembering, I remember them vaguely talking about issues I cared about last GE but now I can't even think of an example. Guess they are just shitheads

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
The only reason it's a bad tweet is because it doesn't specify that her head needs to be deported from her body.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Deport her to the Challenger Deep, where she can entertain Gove's relatives for afternoon tea.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Guavanaut posted:

Deport her to the Challenger Deep, where she can entertain Gove's relatives for afternoon tea.

I believe that is a threat to kill.

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I believe that is a threat to kill.

That is not dead which can eternal lie

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Isn't she British? Where would you deport her to?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

bessantj posted:

Luton

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Apologies if this has already been brought up and discussed but:

https://twitter.com/lewis_goodall/status/1392970115642183681?s=19

Apparently suspended 2 hours after posting this tweet, which he deleted and apologised for 30 mins afterward:

In keeping with the trend of Labour gently caress-ups, this guy's totally going to win the Unite leadership election and then him and Labour are going to refuse to talk to each other.

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

bessantj posted:

She is! It was a dumb tweet, because it could easily be interpreted as: "Why not deport Patel; she isn't properly British anyway ('cos she's brown)."

Suspending him's a dumb over-reaction though.

Butternubs
Feb 15, 2012

bessantj posted:

Back to berlin circa 1938.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

bessantj posted:

The fiery pits of Beelzebub.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
What's the point of having all those islands like Montserrat and Sheppey and Malvina Reynolds if you can't deport British people there?

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
It was a terrible tweet, and I do think that strong action needed to be taken, because otherwise the rags would just say 'RACIST SENIOR UNION FIGURE SAYS PRITI PATEL "SHOULD BE DEPORTED"'

if he'd said the same about a white politician, it would be fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
"Daniel Kawczynski should be deported" sounds worse, even though he's a bad person, because it's something that you could theoretically do.