Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Going back a bunch of pages, but...

Shard posted:

Whether GOTG or FF is the bigger series is for someone else to argue.

GotG = one of the best Disneyland rides. Soon to probably be the best Epcot ride.

F&tF = universally agreed to be the worst ride at Universal.

Big Dave wins again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Fantastic Four is way bigger than Guardians of the Galaxy :colbert:

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1393295920796684294

I like how the order of the pictures make it look like they are leaving not arriving.

Who isn't excited for their match for the tag titles?? Guessing under 8 minutes for the match

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Digital Jedi posted:

I like how the order of the pictures make it look like they are leaving not arriving.

Who isn't excited for their match for the tag titles?? Guessing under 8 minutes for the match

This match is like the Aliens vs Predator movie. Whoever wins, the fans lose.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Has Natalya ever even won a title in her 17 years in wwe?

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug
You don't get called the BOAT for nothing

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

Rarity posted:

Fantastic Four is way bigger than Guardians of the Galaxy :colbert:

I can see why you would confuse Fast and the Furious with Fantastic Four, as they both have bad rides at Universal.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Digital Jedi posted:

Coward, it'll be 3 minutes tops

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

oldpainless posted:

She's held both the Divas title and the Smackdown Women's title (once apiece)

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

oldpainless posted:

She won the Divas Championship once at Survivor Series 2021, beating Michell McCool and Layla in a handicap match. She then lost it 71 days later at The Rumble.

She then won the Smackdown Championship at Summerslam 2017, beating Naomi. She held it for 86 days before losing to Charlotte prior to Survivor Series, who took the champion's place in the match against Raw Champ defeating Alexa Bliss

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Digital Jedi posted:

The more relevant auestion is, who will get injured worst in the match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Astro7x posted:

She won the Divas Championship once at Survivor Series 2021, beating Michell McCool and Layla in a handicap match. She then lost it 71 days later at The Rumble.

Hey can you give me some results from real sports for this year too trying to make bank

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Natalya is low key one of the best women's wrestlers of the past 20 years

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Reality Protester posted:

Natalya is low key one of the best women's wrestlers of the past 20 years

Ehhhhhhhhhhhh

e: Like, she doesn't suck but she's not an under-acclaimed legend either

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

She's Dean Malenko

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

She's Dean Malenko

Dean Malenko had lots of classic matches and was involved in the best WCW cruiserweight angle. Natalaya is just....there

She's much more a Dolph Ziggler

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Nattie is also pretty inconsistent where her matches can vary from pretty good to meh. She also hasn't ever found a character that has worked for her. The best character she probably has was when she was with Kidd and Cesaro.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I liked crazy cat lady Nattie during her Smackdown Women's reign but in ring she hits the spot of good for the Divas Era but average for the Evolution Era. At the same time she has to know WWE's never going to treat her seriously so I doubt there's much incentive to make an effort. But I certainly wouldn't put her on the level of an Amazing Kong or Sara Del Ray or even a Beth Phoeix to name other women from her era.

e: If you want a vet to compare to Dean Malenko then it's definitely Serena Deeb

Jetfire
Apr 29, 2008
I remember attending the basically-a-house-show Roadblock in 2016, Nattie wrestled Charlotte and it was maybe the second best match of the night? She's a good basic underdog babyface but historically terrible on the mic and unfortunately saddled with lovely gimmicks.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
nattie is one of those people that tries sometimes and is pretty good when she tries but knows very well she's in a company that might just book her to be a heel for a few months because she has smelly farts and as such her efforts will never be really appreciated

yes that was a real gimmick they gave to her for a while

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

we've all had the smelly fart gimmick on occasion

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Picture this: the smelly farts gimmick but as a non-comedic babyface

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I feel the same about Natalya that I do about AJ Lee. They were really good when WWE women's wrestling was in the dirt. They couldn't keep up today.

Surely this has to be Natalya and Tamina's 84th title opportunity. They must be winning this time.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

a cyborg mug posted:

If Austin farted instead of yelling "WHAT?!", promos would have been so different in the aftermath.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

a cyborg mug posted:

Fart Times

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

She's Dean Malenko

Dean Malenko was a machine who lacked size in an era where that was a way bigger issue and still had a successful career as as ring general who you could put in with almost anyone and he'd make them look good.

Nattie Neidhart has about one thing in common with Malenko, she's a Second gen wrestler. She's obviously passionate about wrestling but she is just very mediocre. Give me a couple hours and I'm confident I could name 50 better women from the Las 2 decades. Probably a random Shimmer show from 15 years ago has 5 or 6.

She was fine by the standards of 2000s WWE women's scene but that was a very bad time for women's wrestling on US TV.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gavok posted:

If Austin farted instead of yelling "WHAT?!", promos would have been so different in the aftermath.

That's not a catchphrase you want the crowd replying to in kind

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!

Pylons posted:

Fart Times

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
"Fart if you sleep with your sister"

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 44 minutes!
there’s a ppv in two days :greenangel:

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

forkboy84 posted:

Nattie Neidhart has about one thing in common with Malenko, she's a Second gen wrestler.

She's third gen, so she doesn't even have that in common with Malenko!

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

it's just a rerun of wrestlemania

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Quantum of Phallus posted:

???

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I feel like Nattie had potential to be something better but ofc it's impossible to achieve that in the WWE.

Like most people in the company she would probably do better elsewhere, even at this stage of her career.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Didn't you know? WWE Wrestlemania Backlash is in a few days! I mean I have forgotten several times as well!

The most notable thing about the card is that there are quite a few triple threat matches on the card, with all of their purposes serving the same point. So WWE has an excuse to drag out feuds for at least another month. Bobby/Drew/Braun is happening so they can drag another month out of Drew/Bobby (via Braun eating the pin), and Rhea/Charlotte/Asuka is happening so they can extend Rhea's lovely heatless feud with Charlotte (through Asuka eating the pin or submission).

I'm sure more triple threat matches will be happening as well, but its probably the most filler PPV WWE has ran in awhile.

rotinaj
Sep 5, 2008

Fun Shoe
Will coward Vince be a coward or will he give new Jack the ten bell salute he deserves

Aye Doc
Jul 19, 2007

rotinaj posted:

Will coward Vince be a coward or will he give new Jack the ten bell salute he deserves

Vince will throw Shane off of some scaffolding in loving memory of new jack

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

Rarity posted:

Coward, it'll be 3 minutes tops

Already past 4:30 and still going
And it shouldn't be. It's baddddddddd
AND NEWWWWWWWWWWWW!

Rough time is 5:30 for the match. it also had a 3 minute commercial break
Finish
https://streamable.com/0tgs2x
What that misses is Tamina on the top rope with Shayna holding onto her foot for a good 20 seconds trying for some ankle lock or something.
https://twitter.com/SkullsMedia/status/1393364206833987587?s=20
Post win speech
https://streamable.com/pmycgc

Digital Jedi fucked around with this message at 01:43 on May 15, 2021

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Vandar posted:

I feel like Nattie had potential to be something better but ofc it's impossible to achieve that in the WWE.

Like most people in the company she would probably do better elsewhere, even at this stage of her career.

I mean, she could’ve become a better worker somewhere else, but she’s too aggressively robotic from a personality standpoint.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

She shows way more personality in non-Raw/Smackdown videos, like a lot of superstars. :shrug: And even on Raw/Smackdown, she showed a good deal of personality when she, Kidd, and Cesaro were a unit.