Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I guess Tamina is an improvement on Nia but Natty seems like enough of a downgrade from Shayna for this to be a push at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

THESE AREN'T EVEN NXT TITLES

https://twitter.com/TripleH/status/1393368787282448386?s=20

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
bianca's outfit kicks rear end

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
They didn't forget about Aleister this week!
https://streamable.com/srcxjn

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Edward Mass posted:

Wrestling should be a ‘No Giants’ zone, because you should only be allowed to have one.

This is actually a thing.

WWE has diminished the status/aura of giant physically imposing wrestlers by having so many of them. When everyone is a tall muscleman, you don't stand out as much if you are just a slightly taller slightly musclier man. Thus making everyone look average/mediocre.

Wheras if WWE had showcased more smaller/average sized wrestlers, (and they have a bunch of those with talent), then when an actual tall muscly man shows up, they look more imposing and more like a monster. Thus elevating everyone, the muscle monster, and the guy fighting him.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
Who IS the funniest and/or most surprising example of someone leaving WWE and it suddenly becoming apparent that he was a gigantic human? I feel like it's either the tall ex-cruiserweights (Hardys, Helms...) or someone like Shawn Spears who looked very average sized in his WWE runs but looks like a different species from a lot of the modern indie guys in AEW.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Billy Gunn

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!
But everyone knew he was big from his work with the influx of smaller name guys circa 2000. It just wasn't apparent, even next to 5'7" Chris Benoit, that he was a legit 6'5" who would dwarf the vast majority of pro wrestlers.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

davidbix posted:

Who IS the funniest and/or most surprising example of someone leaving WWE and it suddenly becoming apparent that he was a gigantic human? I feel like it's either the tall ex-cruiserweights (Hardys, Helms...) or someone like Shawn Spears who looked very average sized in his WWE runs but looks like a different species from a lot of the modern indie guys in AEW.

Jack swagger

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
Zack Ryder looked huge during his brief stint.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

trent

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

When Zelina Vega returns, will she be given a stable of different handsome men?

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках

oldpainless posted:

Jack swagger

This is legit, that guy is deceptively big, he's 6'7" and fought at 254lb in Bellator.

Wade Barrett's enormous too.

Liquid Communism fucked around with this message at 03:36 on May 15, 2021

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

BrigadierSensible posted:

When Zelina Vega returns, will she be given a stable of different handsome men?

Ahahaha.

She gets a month of Nia putting her through tables and then it's off to catering.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

Vandar posted:

Ahahaha.

She gets a month of Nia putting her through tables and then it's off to catering.

But in catering she gets to hang out with said handsome men, yes?

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Billy Gunn looks so huge in AEW. Swagger was eye to eye with the undertaker.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

SonicRulez posted:

I feel the same about Natalya that I do about AJ Lee. They were really good when WWE women's wrestling was in the dirt. They couldn't keep up today.

Surely this has to be Natalya and Tamina's 84th title opportunity. They must be winning this time.

When Nattie and Lacey were in the ring alone during the rumble Nattie made her look unbelievably green in comparison

Which I guess isn't saying much

e: jesus, did smackdown not even have a thread this week?

Intruder fucked around with this message at 04:05 on May 15, 2021

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

lol I imagine trips has this long rear end hallway in his stupidly oversized house dedicated to framed posters of all of these "look who I'm with" pics he takes

FullMetalJackoff
Feb 15, 2004

Waluigi want his fucking Amiibo
Karrion Kross will debut on the main roster as Carrion Cross the angry meat man.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
there’s only one meat man in wrestling and it’s not that geek

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Karrion Kross will debut on the main roster as Carrion Cross the angry meat man.

Carrion Cross Meat Shoes

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"

CopywrightMMXI posted:

Carrion Cross Meat Shoes

If they don't do this, it will be a tremendous loss for the beef jerky novelty basketball shoe industry at large.

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
Carrion Cross-trainers

Hammond Egger
Feb 20, 2011

by the sex ghost
Lots of people don't know that the name Karrion Kross is actually an homage to Triple H's first gimmick in the WWF, Karrion Kliqbags.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Orange Carlisle posted:

lol I imagine trips has this long rear end hallway in his stupidly oversized house dedicated to framed posters of all of these "look who I'm with" pics he takes

he should buy john edwards house then

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i think i saw shawn spears wrestle orange cassidy in beyond shortly after he was released and between orange being a smaller guy and the smaller dimension indie ring it was like holy poo poo shawn spears looks like a goddamn giant.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

shiksa posted:

i think i saw shawn spears wrestle orange cassidy in beyond shortly after he was released and between orange being a smaller guy and the smaller dimension indie ring it was like holy poo poo shawn spears looks like a goddamn giant.

a giant NERD

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

skaboomizzy posted:

Carrion CrossFit

cauliflower jones
Nov 8, 2009

Chris James 2 posted:

Per Dave, Israeli groups and media contacted WWE, NBCUniversal and Fox in protest after Sami Zayn tweeted #FreePalestine

https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1391122255011323904
https://twitter.com/SamiZayn/status/1391559725767081984

Free Palestine

Did Sami delete his tweets?

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010
Ugh that loving sucks, Free Palestine all day every day.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

The Sami conspiracy stuff was a shoot

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
d'aaaw I'm happy for Natty and Tamina cause they're so happy :unsmith:

Being women at their age they had to have been certain they were never touching a wwe title again for the rest of their lives

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.
Chris Jericho is the guy who I was like “wow I thought he was really short.”

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
mid career Dean Ambrose and present day Jon Moxley look like two different people, I suspect because of the deleterious effect of doing the Wacky Line

Prokhor Zakharov fucked around with this message at 09:13 on May 15, 2021

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

davidbix posted:

Darren Young in WWE: average size dude of average build.

Fred Rosser in New Japan: muscular giant.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

mid career Dean Ambrose and present day Jon Moxley look like two different people, I suspect because of the deleterious effect of doing the Wacky Line

Yeah even though Ambrose was the largest member of the Shield, I never really noticed his physical presence as much until he was Moxley.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 10 hours!

FullMetalJackoff posted:

Carnivorous Carrion Cross

"I spit in the face of people who don't want to be dead meat for me to eat."

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION
Wooooh Baron Corbin face turn! https://streamable.com/ipjlgd

I love Shinsuke with the improv class acting on how heavy the weight of the king's crown is.

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

Whoa I 100% forgot about the wacky line/lunatic lariat and the memories just came wooshing back to me all at once.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
There was a period there where Ambrose looked really thin and sickly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

“What’s shinsuke going to do with that crown” lmao never change maggle