Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: dead gay comedy forums)

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flying-PCP posted:

The mods are good actually. A lot of you have problems. You can't picket your way to having a sovereign thread or whatever on an internet forum and I truly don't understand how the idea gets into your heads that this would ever work.

thanks for the post no one wanted d&d lib

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

The mods ate my balls

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005

Raskolnikov38 posted:

thanks for the post no one wanted d&d lib

Sometimes what we need to hear isn't the same as what we want to hear.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Flying-r

Wes Warhammer
Oct 19, 2012

:sueme:

i can't believe it took this many emptyquotes for me to notice arf shopped the D's out of "Drr... Drr..." lmfao

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Fortaleza posted:

The word is just used as a weapon against bad mods with thin skin and piss poor reading comprehension. If they were to not touch this thread and gently caress off it would trickle to nothing. You ever see it used agains gradenko or brutalistmacdonalds or tiler kiwi? They come correct and back their poo poo up and are good posters.

Just give this thread an IK and let them handle things and gently caress off already.

how are you not extremely embarrassed, as an adult, to be typing this

Greg Legg posted:

I do think this weird overreaction is going to make people say it more.

I learned a lot from the previous thread and it's annoying that flavius keeps loving up all the good threads.

I mean, I learned a lot from the previous thread too, which is why it was so annoying to see people making GBS threads it up constantly calling people retards and pedophiles. i'm the guy who was probating people for doing that, but i can see how you're confused, i guess

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

I mean, I learned a lot from the previous thread too, which is why it was so annoying to see people making GBS threads it up constantly calling people retards and pedophiles. i'm the guy who was probating people for doing that, but i can see how you're confused, i guess

pedo isn’t a slur dumbass

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
:siren:

anyway, from now on, and this includes "i'm not touching you" type posts:

saying the r-word is a sixer. repeatedly doing it will ramp you up to a day, 3 days, etc.

calling any poster a pedophile, or implying the same, is from this point on a ban+30

if you can't understand why these things are against the rules i don't care to hear your reasons and you should probably just find another website to post on

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Centrist Committee posted:

pedo isn’t a slur dumbass

i didn't say it was

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
I'm gay

Trash Ops
Jun 19, 2012

im having fun, isnt everyone else?

Flavius Aetass posted:

:siren:

anyway, from now on, and this includes "i'm not touching you" type posts:

saying the r-word is a sixer. repeatedly doing it will ramp you up to a day, 3 days, etc.

calling any poster a pedophile, or implying the same, is from this point on a ban+30

if you can't understand why these things are against the rules i don't care to hear your reasons and you should probably just find another website to post on

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Flavius Aetass posted:

Everything in that post is correct. What do you think is supposed to be embarrassing about it? Is this your idea of a caremad comeback or something?

The posting of “retard” pales in comparison to how much you poo poo all over things. Your presence makes this forum worse and things would immediately improve if you were removed or if you removed yourself.

It’s pathetic and watching you flail went from “lol look at that dipshit go” to “man that’s really annoying” months ago.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

my favorite part about the shitposting politics forum is all the rules lol. thankfully there will be no more smooth brained literal mouth-breathing mongotrog :downs: :saddowns: around to say the r-word

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

it appears to be in retrograde

Lasting Damage
Feb 26, 2006

Fallen Rib

Flavius Aetass posted:

every time you intervened in the thread everything went to poo poo, but i don't know why i'm posting this because you've been told this like hundreds of times but can't figure it out. probably because you're a really stupid person!

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

unsurprisingly, the soviet union fell a mere 2 years after the incorporation of america online. is the internet antithetical to communism?

Greg Legg
Oct 6, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

And now we have this thread where the same thing is happening and your actions aren't making it any better.

some plague rats
Jun 5, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
preemptive RIP Larry

emTme3
Nov 7, 2012

by Hand Knit

so like, ya'll mods do realize that this is the marx thread, for posting marx theory, right?

i posted a dialectical materialist explication of the ship of theseus. this account will differ significantly from, say, what a loving superhero television show has to say about it. you're perfectly free to disagree with this account, but you could also actually stand with the courage of your convictions and post the disagreement in the thread.

the only explanation i can think of for probing someone with a link to show for babbies in lieue of posting a principled argument is that you're not just idiot retards, you're also snivelling cowards.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

splifyphus posted:

so like, ya'll mods do realize that this is the marx thread, for posting marx theory, right?

i posted a dialectical materialist explication of the ship of theseus. this account will differ significantly from, say, what a loving superhero television show has to say about it. you're perfectly free to disagree with this account, but you could also actually stand with the courage of your convictions and post the disagreement in the thread.

the only explanation i can think of for probing someone with a link to show for babbies in lieue of posting a principled argument is that you're not just idiot retards, you're also snivelling cowards.

you were probed by a fyad ik

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Flavius Aetass posted:

i didn't say it was

you should re-read on contradiction and consider whether you really need to make an antagonistic contradiction out of this

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Fortaleza posted:

Everything in that post is correct. What do you think is supposed to be embarrassing about it? Is this your idea of a caremad comeback or something?

The posting of “retard” pales in comparison to how much you poo poo all over things. Your presence makes this forum worse and things would immediately improve if you were removed or if you removed yourself.

It’s pathetic and watching you flail went from “lol look at that dipshit go” to “man that’s really annoying” months ago.

i actually applaud you for that post because everyone else is like "see this is what happens when mods Use Their Buttons" or otherwise vaguely imply that the real problem here is some sort of nebulous social gaffe on the mods' part, but you and you alone have owned up that you are being probated because you used a slur, and are using it more in response to being probated. no one else is brave enough to just outright demand that they should simply not punish slur use and hope slur use goes away thanks to spontaneous market forces

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

lumpentroll posted:

lmao

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

just lol if anyone's getting upset about getting probed a few times though, not a bad move

thatfatkid
Feb 20, 2011

by Azathoth
Lol fmd Flavius you are such a dumb oval office

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

i actually applaud you for that post because everyone else is like "see this is what happens when mods Use Their Buttons" or otherwise vaguely imply that the real problem here is some sort of nebulous social gaffe on the mods' part, but you and you alone have owned up that you are being probated because you used a slur, and are using it more in response to being probated. no one else is brave enough to just outright demand that they should simply not punish slur use and hope slur use goes away thanks to spontaneous market forces

I’ve never called anyone that word and have never been probated for it, and I’m not advocating it not be punished. You can’t read and your words are worthless.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

lumpentroll posted:

lol

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

i'm finding this quite easy, i guess in part because i'm a fast type but also because i have a coherent mental model of the world

Fortaleza posted:

I’ve never called anyone that word and have never been probated for it, and I’m not advocating it not be punished. You can’t read and your words are worthless.

here are your words:

"The word is just used as a weapon against bad mods with thin skin and piss poor reading comprehension. If they were to not touch this thread and gently caress off it would trickle to nothing. You ever see it used agains gradenko or brutalistmacdonalds or tiler kiwi? They come correct and back their poo poo up and are good posters.

Just give this thread an IK and let them handle things and gently caress off already."

i've got a hypothetical for you. someone in this thread calls someone else the r-word. should the mods probate them for it or not

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019

Ferrinus posted:

i've got a hypothetical for you

when an ideas guy finds the marxism thread

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Centrist Committee posted:

when an ideas guy finds the marxism thread

same question for you: should the mods probate people for using this particular slur, in c-spam. yes or no

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Ferrinus posted:

same question for you: should the mods probate people for using this particular slur, in c-spam. yes or no

let's detach that one level out; should people get into needless slap-fights with one another at all times?

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

Victory Position posted:

let's detach that one level out; should people get into needless slap-fights with one another at all times?

yes

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

Ferrinus posted:

i've got a hypothetical for you. someone in this thread calls someone else the r-word. should the mods probate them for it or not

No, the IK that people respect should.

Fortaleza
Feb 21, 2008

How the hell do you not get that

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Victory Position posted:

you're being lazy and blaming ferrinus for trying to actually examine what people have been making GBS threads up the thread about for pages

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

Victory Position posted:

coward

Fortaleza posted:

No, the IK that people respect should.

okay so as long as it's, let's say gradenko who's probating people for calling each other the r-word, it's fine? why?

Ferrinus
Jun 19, 2003

is this like how the USA is willing to lose multiple 9/11s worth of people to COVID but goes insane if it loses a single 9/11 to some planes

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Flavius Aetass posted:

you're being lazy and blaming ferrinus for trying to actually examine what people have been making GBS threads up the thread about for pages

I'm not blaming anyone, it does get to the point where the whole thing is basically people circling their row through and through

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flying-PCP
Oct 2, 2005
It's only harmful to call people ablist slurs, or accuse them of assaulting children, because class exists. When there's no more class structure, it will be impossible for those words to hurt people, and perhaps for any words to hurt anyone ever again, and that's why mods should give this thread permanent immunity from everything