Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks
https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/41?tab=description

More weapons + fov fix + longer running mod

Right as I'm starting ME2. It's fate!

edit - WHERE. IS. MY. BLOOD DRAGON ARMOR?!

DourCricket fucked around with this message at 14:40 on May 17, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Codependent Poster posted:

God, Mass Effect 2 is such a leap in quality from ME1. Going right into it from the first one just makes it incredible how much better everything is.

Yeah I just started ME2 last night. This is the first time I've played both games back to back in over a decade (lol) and it really is absurd how much better ME2 is than its predecessor, even with the updates the LE gave it.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
I need some good femshep face codes for ME1, everything I try makes her look like her head's made of silly putty.

Let's see what you got!

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.

Aphrodite posted:

The only thing that changed was her hair. That 'new' hair is awful, but her face structure is the same. LE has altered the lighting though, she used to have a spotlight directly on her whenever you spoke to her and now it uses ambient lighting and the shadows really change how she looks.

Jeez, so just the haircut and lighting? She looks almost unrecognisable. Something deffo was hosed with ME3 though, my Shep went from looking fine and dandy and 99% the same in their ME and ME2 versions to something kinda off in ME3, mainly with her mouth expressions/animations at times. The face code was the same but as soon as the game started, she just looked uncanny valley compared to the previous games.

The Gunslinger
Jul 24, 2004

Do not forget the face of your father.
Fun Shoe
I'm really on the fence about picking up the PC version. I prefer to play with a mouse since I can't aim for poo poo with gamepads but the PC port getting so little attention is discouraging. Is the negative mouse acceleration fixable or going to get fixed? I can handle the FOV and etc if so.

I guess I could pick it up and refund it if necessary.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

GhostDog posted:

I just noticed the faint trashcan/mark-as-junk icon next to items when you're in your equipment screen. Please tell me that wasn't always in ME1.

Let’s just agree it wasn’t and never touch the original again

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

DourCricket posted:

edit - WHERE. IS. MY. BLOOD DRAGON ARMOR?!

Supposedly they worked all the little bonus dlcs into the game world proper, so now you gotta get out there into the big ol galaxy and find your dang blood dragon armor

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Doctor Nutt posted:

Supposedly they worked all the little bonus dlcs into the game world proper, so now you gotta get out there into the big ol galaxy and find your dang blood dragon armor

Just got to Omega first thing. Check all three merchants and make sure to charm/intimidate them first.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

Inzombiac posted:

Just got to Omega first thing. Check all three merchants and make sure to charm/intimidate them first.

Lol okay so they did it in the laziest possible way but I suppose it's probably better than irritating all the people who wanted to use those armors. Did they change the special armors to allow you to toggle off the helmet or can you still go to omega and slam drinks into your helmet glass all day long?

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
Getting a repeatable crash on the elevator to the Docking Station from C-Sec Academy on ME1. Anyone else getting the same or know of a fix? It's stopping main quest progression :(

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

fuckpot posted:

Getting a repeatable crash on the elevator to the Docking Station from C-Sec Academy on ME1. Anyone else getting the same or know of a fix? It's stopping main quest progression :(

I haven't had that one but I've had a bug several times now where I either can't interact with anything or can't move.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Kaddish posted:

I haven't had that one but I've had a bug several times now where I either can't interact with anything or can't move.

Love the bug where I cast an ability and then can't shoot for 30 seconds!!!!!!

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Are the ME2-3 updated versions notably different from the originals?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tirranek posted:

Are the ME2-3 updated versions notably different from the originals?

No, those are mostly just the graphical upgrades.

Tirranek
Feb 13, 2014

Aphrodite posted:

No, those are mostly just the graphical upgrades.

Yeah sorry I meant that. Was wondering if it's obvious at a glance that they've been updated.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

neonchameleon posted:

Huh. That's a good change. The number of missions in ME1 you need to play with each of the companions for the achievement has been dropped from 45 to 5, making it a whole lot more practical. It's also worth doing with Wrex ASAP unless you're playing a soldier because regenerating health is huge.

Do you get abilities for bringing squad mates in missions?

neonchameleon
Nov 14, 2012

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Do you get abilities for bringing squad mates in missions?

Generally pretty trivial ones. +10% damage protection if you've brought Ashley enough, 1hp/s regeneration for Wrex, and I think the other four are +10% power to two skills each.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Big ol’ patch on PS4. Can someone point me in the direction of patch notes, I seem to be unable to locate them online?

iGestalt
Mar 4, 2013

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/update-5-17?isLocalized=true

No clue why the download is so big, but this would seem to be what it's for.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Thanks, was trying to find them through the official Twitter accounts but they hadn’t posted them.

Really does seem like a giant patch for relatively minor fixes. Hope at least some of the issues people have been having are no more

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames
The patch is probably a foundational patch for the ME3 multiplayer, which now seems like more of an inevitability than a question.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

Inzombiac posted:

It’s more like 2 or 3 but yeeeeah that one’s annoying af

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

People will tear into what's really in there, I'm sure.

Or it could just be one of those game file setups where you need to replace an entire 10gb file for some line changes.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cross-Section posted:

It’s more like 2 or 3 but yeeeeah that one’s annoying af

It's was so bad for me in ME1 that I had to reload a half-dozen times. Like I'd cast Warp as an opening move and not be able to do anything else for the rest of the fight.

Givin
Jan 24, 2008
Givin of the Internet Hates You

Inzombiac posted:

Oh that's a bug? I thought I was just getting shut down by some rando biotic I can't see halfway across the map.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

Aphrodite posted:

People will tear into what's really in there, I'm sure.

Or it could just be one of those game file setups where you need to replace an entire 10gb file for some line changes.

The role of Tali will now be voiced by Peter Dinklage

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Man, I’ve always loved and still get a chuckle out of it every time I go past Wrex on the Normandy and the following dialogue happens

”Shepard.”
”Wrex.”

:3:

Someone mentioned having to talk to Pressly every single time going past. Well, I have to do this one

a cyborg mug fucked around with this message at 17:15 on May 17, 2021

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Fuzz posted:

I need some good femshep face codes for ME1, everything I try makes her look like her head's made of silly putty.

Let's see what you got!

You can use mine if you’d like, I’m running a paragon so she has bit of a slight, kind smile. If you’re doing renegade you may want to play around with it a bit

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

The Gunslinger posted:

I'm really on the fence about picking up the PC version. I prefer to play with a mouse since I can't aim for poo poo with gamepads but the PC port getting so little attention is discouraging. Is the negative mouse acceleration fixable or going to get fixed? I can handle the FOV and etc if so.

I guess I could pick it up and refund it if necessary.

The mod tools haven't been made yet but people have already hacked together mods that will disable the mouse acceleration and FOV. Thing is the way they do it is rather "sloppy" by modding standards and means you can only use one fix at a time (thankfully people are starting to combine the QoL fixes into one mod).

In 2-3 months we'll likely see mod tools out and so people will be able to make much more extensive mods.

I also suspect there will be a patch from EA/BioWare at some point given they generally will give post-release support to fix issues (and since this is a trial balloon for ME4 they want it to go well).

iGestalt posted:

https://www.ea.com/games/mass-effect/mass-effect-legendary-edition/news/update-5-17?isLocalized=true

No clue why the download is so big, but this would seem to be what it's for.

huh, speak of the devil! I suspect some of the other bugs like the Spectre gear not being sold in C-Sec or other things like that might take a bit longer but this is already one patch more than the NieR replicant remake got so I'm happy.

Download is probably big because of the fixes they made to cinematics to fix the glitches/artifacting.

axeil fucked around with this message at 17:35 on May 17, 2021

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Robot Style posted:

Not just the hair color - the first round of voting was more broad (if you ignore half the options being identical white person faces, with most of the other features re-used between the rest).

Oh man I remember voting in this. I voted for the sixth model.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Blue Raider posted:

I forgot how wordy 1 was. You can see the old school RPG design showing when you make it to the Citadel for the first time an hour in and have to wade through a bunch conversations about politics and corruption and such.

You can also see it because it has Towers of Hanoi, firmly cementing it as the last of Bioware's early period rather than the first of their late period.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

a cyborg mug posted:

Man, I’ve always loved and still get a chuckle out of it every time I go past Wrex on the Normandy and the following dialogue happens

”Shepard.”
”Wrex.”

:3:

Someone mentioned having to talk to Pressly every single time going past. Well, I have to do this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pj6iDczCDOI

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Bongo Bill posted:

You can also see it because it has Towers of Hanoi, firmly cementing it as the last of Bioware's early period rather than the first of their late period.

I always forget Mass Effect came before Dragon Age because it feels much less 'old' in its design, with the one exception being that DAO has a hidden tombstone for Towers of Hanoi that reads 'unmourned, unloved' :laffo:

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Bongo Bill posted:

I love the fact that in 30~40 years someone will legit write a book and include this as a chapter.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012
So would you all say that its worth it to get Mass Effect Legendary? Reading the thread makes me wanna play again.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Wolfsheim posted:

I always forget Mass Effect came before Dragon Age because it feels much less 'old' in its design, with the one exception being that DAO has a hidden tombstone for Towers of Hanoi that reads 'unmourned, unloved' :laffo:

And yet they put a Towers of Hanoi puzzle in one of Inquisition's DLCs, of all things.

LionYeti
Oct 12, 2008

OhFunny posted:

I saw the mustache and decided to try making Shepard a dashing Latino.

Oh! This gave me a great idea! I'll name my FemShepard Valentina for the first woman in space.

Yeah I wish I had seen this before starting my black dude shep should have been named Guion

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

wologar posted:

And yet they put a Towers of Hanoi puzzle in one of Inquisition's DLCs, of all things.

I wanna say they outsourced that DLC to a different studio or something, but it still made laugh when I came across it

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Raven9686 posted:

So would you all say that its worth it to get Mass Effect Legendary? Reading the thread makes me wanna play again.

I'm not the type of person that gets caught up in fancy graphics and things like that, but I said "holy poo poo" out loud when I booted up ME1 for the first time.

There's some stuff that's inexcusable, like not having a FOV slider (moddable), reverse mouse acceleration (semi-moddable), and broken surround sound (still hosed). But it's a really, really pretty ME1 that I wasn't expecting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Wrex loving with people to see how they react is always great to see.