Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Quantum of Phallus posted:

pfft, NXT did it last year

:thurman:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

flashy_mcflash posted:

How would you possibly tell the difference?

Braun Strowman will turn into a shambling, lumbering corpse so at least his pace will increase

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

explosivo posted:

McAfee kept dropping not so subtle AEW references during like the first half of last night's show, I was half paying attention to the show but my ears perked up when I heard him say something about the PINNACLE of sports entertainment, which could be a reference or not, then he said something about "two young bucks" in one of the matches, and then he just said "He's better than you and you know it" and I was like alright, we get it..

AEW is a WWE-funded operation finally confirmed!!

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Rarity posted:

Braun Strowman will turn into a shambling, lumbering corpse so at least his pace will increase

Train to Strow-man

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Remember when ricochet and Aleister challenged for all three sets of tag titles, and lost every time? The matches were breathtaking, the one versus the Viking raiders was match of the year quality. They were still losers who choked

Why would someone expect pushes for them?

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.
If they turn Miz and Morrison into zombies and have someone try to cure them I’d probably watch the YouTube recaps.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Golden Bee posted:

Remember when ricochet and Aleister challenged for all three sets of tag titles, and lost every time? The matches were breathtaking, the one versus the Viking raiders was match of the year quality. They were still losers who choked

Why would someone expect pushes for them?

They flip-flopped someone from being a jobber to him having the world title in two matches not very long ago.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I think the best part of Shaemus Ricochet clip is they both struggle to put on the jacket and panic because they know they’re blowing their time cues

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

CopywrightMMXI posted:

If they turn Miz and Morrison into zombies and have someone try to cure them I’d probably watch the YouTube recaps.

Would it be riddle or r-truth who cures them? Because it would be one of them

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I know its WWE so wins and losses don't matter in their eyes but holy poo poo Asuka has fallen hard over the past ~6 months. Arguably year. Someone compiled her list of wins/losses over the past several years and its pretty wild to see how far she's fallen. Keep in mind until April, she was the RAW Women's Champion as well.

Apparently the only women who have lost more than her this year are the Riott Squad. Everyone else has a higher win% at the very least.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Man she was doomed when she stopped feuding with Bayley and Sasha, huh.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

MJeff posted:

Man she was doomed when she stopped feuding with Bayley and Sasha, huh.

It's pretty loving astounding that she has the second/third lowest winrate among all of the women on the main roster right now. It doesn't help optics that some of the more brokebrain fans out there keep insisting this is long term booking and when she inevitably loses to Alexa/Lilly she will bring back the facepaint and become an unstoppable monster again. Nevermind the fact that nothing came out of that earlier this year when she was squashed twice by Fiend Alexa except a serious loss of credibility.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

People were convinced she was going to bring back the facepaint for Bayley and Sasha too, but I guess Asuka was just content with getting her title back and not like, avenging the career-ending injury of her friend.

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

I mean she is almost 40, maybe she is winding down to put over new stars or whatever?

(lol it's WWE she's being fed yet again to the two most pushed blonde women on the roster)

Alan_Shore
Dec 2, 2004

Sega 32X posted:

I mean she is almost 40, maybe she is winding down to put over new stars or whatever?

(lol it's WWE she's being fed yet again to the two most pushed blonde women on the roster)

Nearly 40? Winding down? How old is Randy Orton lol

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sega 32X posted:

She made no indication of her career winding down in a fairly recent interview, and I don't think age plays a factor considering she still looks pretty drat young on top of moving way better than both Rhea and Charlotte in the ring. I think it's pretty noteworthy that the Kabuki Warriors debuted on Smackdown, but immediately fell off the radar with Bruce's booking. But the moment they were moved to RAW, they got all the love in the world from Heyman. But now that Bruce is in charge on RAW, Asuka has rapidly fallen down the card again. If I recall, he's said some questionable things about non-white talents in the past as well, but I might be misremembering.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 16:41 on May 17, 2021

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Sega 32X posted:

Age shouldn't be an issue as Asuka should be smart enough to work a style that won't make any physical limitations noticeable. I think that if anything WWE may look at her age and either wind her down, with no input from her, or maybe release her like they did with Mickie James who's around the same age range. (They won't release her but she's definitely being fed to others)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Age shouldn't be an issue as Asuka should be smart enough to work a style that won't make any physical limitations noticeable. I think that if anything WWE may look at her age and either wind her down, with no input from her, or maybe release her like they did with Mickie James who's around the same age range. (They won't release her but she's definitely being fed to others)

Yeah. She's likely in WWE for life, because they probably know if they release her, it'll hit the women's locker room much harder than it did with the IIconics being released (Becky, Charlotte, and Naomi have all mentioned that Asuka is basically the locker room leader, along with someone that a lot of the women backstage feel safe confiding in). That's ignoring the fact that AEW would snap her up in an instant.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

DarkstarIV posted:

But now that Bruce is in charge on RAW, Asuka has rapidly fallen down the card again. If I recall, he's said some questionable things about non-white talents in the past as well, but I might be misremembering.

Is Bruce around the same age range as hewhocannotbenamed? Those two seem to have the same ideas about asian talents not being great in spite of these same talents having a good track record outside of the wwe, that I wonder if it's a generational mindset.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

TV Zombie posted:

Is Bruce around the same age range as hewhocannotbenamed? Those two seem to have the same ideas about asian talents not being great in spite of these same talents having a good track record outside of the wwe, that I wonder if it's a generational mindset.

No idea, but I did find this, and while it doesn't pertain to people of Asian descent in particular, it doesn't paint Bruce in a good light when it comes to that kind of stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SquaredCircle/comments/jvkdr3/while_on_the_subject_of_problematic_wwe_employees/

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Asuka is rich af. She's there for the clout since the last japanese women's wrestler in WWE/F before her was like Dump Matsumoto. Or maybe Sumie Saki did jobs, I'm not bothering to look it up. Either way, WWE is a means to a much more fulfilling end post-WWE.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

explosivo posted:

McAfee kept dropping not so subtle AEW references during like the first half of last night's show, I was half paying attention to the show but my ears perked up when I heard him say something about the PINNACLE of sports entertainment, which could be a reference or not, then he said something about "two young bucks" in one of the matches, and then he just said "He's better than you and you know it" and I was like alright, we get it..

Pat McAfee is an insufferable turd, correct

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

D.N. Nation posted:

McAfee referred to Bianca Belair as a "young buck," which....I would not have done that, personally
Ronald Reagan was such a piece of poo poo

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

DarkstarIV posted:

Yeah. She's likely in WWE for life, because they probably know if they release her, it'll hit the women's locker room much harder than it did with the IIconics being released (Becky, Charlotte, and Naomi have all mentioned that Asuka is basically the locker room leader, along with someone that a lot of the women backstage feel safe confiding in). That's ignoring the fact that AEW would snap her up in an instant.

had no idea she was that much of a locker room presence/source of confidence for everyone. I remember a LOT of people were pissed off a year or two ago when she lost the title + how she was treated which I guess was a sign that she was respected a lot.
And yeah, iirc Omega has said Asuka/Kairi/Io are like top of the top of his list of people he'd poach from WWE so expect none of them to ever be let go.

Low Desert Punk
Jul 4, 2012

i have absolutely no fucking money
i just remembered Miz was WWE champ a few months ago and now he's doing zombie angles. lol. lmao

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

coconono posted:

Asuka is rich af. She's there for the clout since the last japanese women's wrestler in WWE/F before her was like Dump Matsumoto. Or maybe Sumie Saki did jobs, I'm not bothering to look it up. Either way, WWE is a means to a much more fulfilling end post-WWE.

I'm pretty sure the only reason Dump Matsumoto was hired was because Vince McMahon thought it was funny her name was 'Dump'.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Bayley is...good.

https://twitter.com/Fightful/status/1394353802057117696

The Notorious ZSB
Apr 19, 2004

I SAID WE'RE NOT GONNA BE FUCKING SUCK THIS YEAR!!!

Asuka forever being done dirty when she's easily the most credible woman on the Raw roster as it stands. honestly the difference in speed between the Japanese ladies and the American ladies inside the squared circle is always noticeable to me. They look like they're moving so quickly compared to a lot of their competition (bayley and sasha are on that level of movement).

Can't wait to watch zombie match high af and laugh my rear end off.

The Notorious ZSB fucked around with this message at 21:01 on May 17, 2021

Blaise330
Aug 13, 2007

GOD'S FAVORITE CHAMPION

Catpetter1981 posted:

Eddie still has lineal custody of Dominik, right?

I think Lashley might be lineal father actually

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 4 hours!

DarkstarIV posted:

Bayley is...good.

Always has been

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Dying of laughter because this raises the very real possibility that WWE puts the women's tag titles on Alexa and a loving doll.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1394387248750137345?s=21

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
She.....SOLD FOR THE DOLL!

Sono
Apr 9, 2008

DarkstarIV posted:

Dying of laughter because this raises the very real possibility that WWE puts the women's tag titles on Alexa and a loving doll.

https://twitter.com/wwe/status/1394387248750137345?s=21

Is Lilly canonically the daughter of Yoshihiko? This is important for my research.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Sono posted:

Is Lilly canonically the daughter of Yoshihiko? This is important for my research.

Nope. In WWE lore, Lilly is Alexa's imaginary friend (whose spirit occupies that doll) who told her to beat up a bunch of people while Alexa was in grade school apparently. It is very dumb even by WWE standards.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

DarkstarIV posted:

Nope. In WWE lore, Lilly is Alexa's imaginary friend (whose spirit occupies that doll) who told her to beat up a bunch of people while Alexa was in grade school apparently. It is very dumb even by WWE standards.
The Miz was eaten by zombies last night, I think this is just the new normal

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Vince finally saw the Dungeon of Doom skits and was like "this kind of poo poo will absolutely work in 2021, pal!"

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I don't know. I think getting eaten by zombies is exactly how the Miz should be used.

SethSeries
Sep 10, 2013

ChrisBTY posted:

I don't know. I think getting eaten by zombies is exactly how the Miz should be used.

I only wish for bad things to happen to The Miz as an in ring character.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Oh boy. Charlotte getting angry about her booking again. On the angle with Lacey:

quote:

“It wasn’t so much about Lacey. It is very difficult with my dad. I had an extensive amount of time off for the first time ever in my career, I was eager and excited to come back and start fresh. I wanted to add layers to my characters as I felt stale. I wanted these changes. When my dad got brought into the picture, I was like man is 2021 and I don’t want to share the screen with my dad. I am Charlotte Flair now, I am not longer Ric Flair’s daughter, that’s Charlotte’s dad. I was like why I have to be on TV with my dad.

“I don’t want anyone to think that is selfish, anyone would love to share screen with their dad. But if anyone’s followed my career, all I have done since day one is pave my own legacy. Yes, I do a lot of his personal trademarks but it is also to acknowledge me as a separate performer. So that’s why I was frustrated at home because selfishly I wanted the screen for myself and not with my dad.”

Emphesis mine. Charlotte's entire career on the main roster has been a tribute act to Ric Flair, and its painfully obvious all of her title reigns are because of that. I seriously doubt she would be anywhere near as prominent as she is without being related to him, to be honest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop
Having been eaten by zombies, maybe the plan is to combine the supernatural gimmicks and have Miz be Alexa's zombie muscle.