Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
my 4~ish year old gaming pc can play it with no problems. I'm not rocking 4k or anything but I didn't expect to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

facialimpediment posted:

Really, really can't recommend it on the consoles from what I'm reading (see above). Since this thing was released with a shitload of bugs, they're fixable on PC while you're just hosed on consoles.

Fine on PS4 so far (also they patched it today) :shrug:

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

Inzombiac posted:

Since I've committed to playing one Shep through all three games, I'm trying my best to document moments I find particularly funny or noteworthy.

This early shot perfectly sums up the, "Are you loving kidding me" attitude I've been going with so far.

In ME2, I made her hair more grey, cheeks are a little more sunken in and the face is a touch more arrogant. In 3, I intend to make her look old and haughty while using mega violence as a way of getting out of parking tickets.

In ME3 I gave her white hair to demonstrate how tired she was, too

But the best thing is to go Renegade in 2 and then especially 3. (Spoilers maybe?) In 3 I think your hideous scars even glow and there's nothing like how Shepard can walk up to a squadmater or chat with them on the Citadel with her face a mutilated mess.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
The most important thing is to punch out the reporter in all three games.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

So the game's been out for a few days now

There hasn't been any teases for Mass Effect 4 hidden in the game, have there?

Mayor Dave
Feb 20, 2009

Bernie the Snow Clown

Cythereal posted:

I just consider this replay value.

I'm only 2/3 of the way through and I never want to get in the mako again

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

Inzombiac posted:

Since I've committed to playing one Shep through all three games, I'm trying my best to document moments I find particularly funny or noteworthy.

This early shot perfectly sums up the, "Are you loving kidding me" attitude I've been going with so far.

In ME2, I made her hair more grey, cheeks are a little more sunken in and the face is a touch more arrogant. In 3, I intend to make her look old and haughty while using mega violence as a way of getting out of parking tickets.

Haha yeah my big eyes Shepard had a great “motherfucker did you really just hit on me?” look

I’m totally letting Garrus kill this dude even though I’m going full paragon.

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

SgtSteel91 posted:

So the game's been out for a few days now

There hasn't been any teases for Mass Effect 4 hidden in the game, have there?

If there is going to be anything it'll be a last second cutscenes at the end of ME3 so I doubt anyone's reached it yet.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Some general thoughts:

Udina looks worse than ever.

The Eden Prime section > Citadel is the best opening to any game ever. And it still holds up very well.

ME1 is still better than pretty much anything that has come out since. Incredible world-building from the get go. I do think some of the codex entries should have shown up a bit later. Some of them are somewhat spoilery early on.

They baaaaarely did anything to the game. Total cash grab. Worth it to play on PS5. I wouldn't pay a penny for this on PC, though.

I own it all on PC, already

Waltzing Along fucked around with this message at 21:14 on May 17, 2021

DourCricket
Jan 15, 2021

Thanks Coupleofkooks

Raven9686 posted:

Also did they give us the n7 hoodie for mass effect 3? I remember being so salty as kid that that was some dumb preorder thing only.

Not only do you have it in 3... They imported to 2 as well! Rocking it right now as I sit and play in my own N7 hoodie lol

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

facialimpediment posted:

Really, really can't recommend it on the consoles from what I'm reading (see above). Since this thing was released with a shitload of bugs, they're fixable on PC while you're just hosed on consoles.

This feels like it's probably overstating how bad things are. I am playing on series x and it's both amazing looking and feeling, but the handful of bugs I have encountered have been easily fixed or very brief, like a couple seconds of movement weirdness. They had a day one patch ready to go and the first major bugfixes just came out today, less than a week out from release. It's not getting left to die on the vine and seems perfectly playable at the moment to me, particularly if you already played the original games on the Xbox 360. It's certainly no more buggy than that and in my particular case much less so. The qol improvements in ME1 alone make this a 100% worth it purchase on consoles right now if you are a fan of the series and want to play them again.

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Waltzing Along posted:

Udina looks worse than ever.

Yeah, I thought Udina looks pretty awful. His face seems to be decomposing

Anderson also looks like a burn victim in certain lighting.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
I pretty much always play my Shepard as "Fully paragon, idealistic although not to the point of naivete" in ME1, "More paragon than renegade, starting to really get sick of people's poo poo but still thinks the worst can be prevented" in ME2, "More renegade than paragon, absolutely loving done with the entire galaxy but will save your dumb asses from extinction whether you like it or not" in ME3.

Beyond it just kinda being a well fitting arc in general, I find the renegade options really janky in ME1, because it can't seem to pick a lane between "the mission is all that matters", "loving psycopath", and "space racist". From ME2 on though it's a mostly consistent characterization, and those few choices that lean back into space racist or baby eater territory are much better signposted.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Doctor Nutt posted:

This feels like it's probably overstating how bad things are.

Absolutely, I'm probably making it sound worse than it is! It's likely because I've just read far too many steam/reddit posts trying to troubleshoot my PC audio stuff, then finding out the console equivalents are even worse. Also might be internal frustration because I didn't see much from EA over the weekend (reasonable on a Friday release) and mod-made fixes sometimes working, sometimes not.

Still having a blast, don't get me wrong. Happy as hell with the graphical/gameplay changes in ME1.

MadDogMike
Apr 9, 2008

Cute but fanged

Svanja posted:

I've played ME1 a ton, but of course its been awhile, however I discovered something during the last bit with the colonists that I am so embarrassed I didn't know and only found out because I thought it would be funny to try I punched all the colonists to knock them out and was able to save them all... I went to melee a thorian creeper and accidentally hit a named colony member and realized the colonist number didn't change. I literally gasped. "wait, can I just punch them all out!?" and then proceeded to laugh the whole time while doing it. Never once did I try this, I just tried to aim those drat grenades really well. It was great!

You always could, it's just that in the first game I'm pretty sure there was no dedicated melee button, you only punched if you were in point blank range and tried to fire your weapon. Which made it kind of nerve wracking to use if you wound up being *not* quite close enough for it to count it, especially if you had a shotgun out for all the creepers. That mission definitely worked much better in this version with no oopsies possible. Also the sounds and how they ragdoll now in the new version make it even funnier, I tend to suspect the real reason they stay down after being punched is they all decided "nope, obeying and getting pounded like this will definitely hurt more than playing unconscious and defying the Thorian".

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

Just found out you only need to bring your squad members on 5 missions instead of 90% of them like in OG ME1 for the cheevos, I was all stressing who I wanted to be my whole game party, super glad they dumped those.

Yep, literally got them all before the second story mission, great relief not having to have a fixed party makeup the whole game to get the character achievements and just rolling with whoever I feel like dragging along.

facialimpediment posted:

Yo there's a real simple fix on this one!

https://www.nexusmods.com/masseffectlegendaryedition/mods/53

Grab that savegame, load it, become a spectre, go straight to the C-Sec requisitions area, confirm spectre poo poo is available. Then, reload your own save and you should have access to the spectre stuff.

I swear I've had it lose the Spectre weapons again on me, so keep the save around just incase you need to repeat the load/run through council meeting/go to the C-Sec shop trick. Interestingly this seems to fully respawn all four weapons, so if you have a ton of money it seems like a way you could get multiples of particular ones without having to travel and restock.

Raven9686 posted:

Also did they give us the n7 hoodie for mass effect 3? I remember being so salty as kid that that was some dumb preorder thing only.

I swear I saw something that suggested they might have even added it to ME2, but yeah it's definitely in ME3, seen plenty of screenshots of it. Wonder if the other preorder stuff like the robot dog is in though, and if you have to go buy it or something like a lot of the previous DLC now apparently (no more TIM sending you tons of care packages in the mail in ME2).

Mayor Dave posted:

Now that the controls are back to the correct version, this one is MUCH better than the first version. The boost and rounding out the terrain some more was all that was really needed to make it much more enjoyable, though there's still plenty of randomly unclimbable hills and bouncing like a madman. And the thresher maw change makes this comic even funnier now:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

Fuzz posted:

The most important thing is to punch out the reporter in all three games.

Kinda surprised they didn't make an achievement for that.

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

OhFunny posted:

Kinda surprised they didn't make an achievement for that.

Why do you hate women? Smdh

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
Khalisah getting punched by Shepard? Not funny anymore. Khalisah getting kicked in the shin by a volus? ...Eh, still kinda funny.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
I demand a refund, Kaiden's corner is no longer a hot sweaty mess spot. It's a fookin' disgrace.

runaway dog
Dec 11, 2005

I rarely go into the field, motherfucker.
oh god don't rely on auto save for the luna mission and probably any other mission, just died on the last base gotta do all 3 again. this isn't even the first time this exact thing has happened to me in ME1

Simone Magus
Sep 30, 2020

by VideoGames

Fuzz posted:

What is this based on? Don't tease me like this.

They've now said several times "it's possible if people want it", I think the latest is that Mac Walters said it

Yeah here you go

https://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-legendary-edition-project-director-says-multiplayer-could-make-a-comeback/

Imo this is a soft confirmation

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

Waltzing Along posted:

They baaaaarely did anything to the game. Total cash grab.
That simply isn't true. No, there's no sweeping gameplay, dialogue or plot changes, but this is a remaster, not a remake. And for a remake, they put in a ton of work on ME1 - lots of gameplay tweaks, essentially a completely overhauled engine, vastly improved textures and models, and they added tons of architectural detail throughout the game. If nothing else, in visual terms there's an enormous difference between the original and this. My only gripe in that respect is that they didn't throw in some more clutter to fill up the many still rather barren looking rooms. Still, it really should be obvious that a considerable amount of work went into remastering ME1.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
I do wonder if ME1 fans are going to be more predisposed to enjoying legendary edition since by far the most work went into 1 and to me, a 1 liker, it feels like probably the best possible version of the game we are going to get without a straight up reboot/remake/etc. ME2 and 3 are essentially are just the same games with a fresh coat of paint (and minus a small amount of male gaze bullshit; don't worry because there is a whole bunch that was left completely intact).

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

ME1 rules and legendary edition is good.

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!

Theotus posted:

ME1 rules and legendary edition is good.

:sicknasty:

Quote-Unquote
Oct 22, 2002

Finished 1 today and had a blast. Apparently I didn't do enough side quests (only ones left are two of the collect quests and one on feros that seems to be bugged as the person I'm supposed to turn it in to isn't here) and I must be missing some codex entries since I didn't get that trophy either.

Apart from the sound mix being weird, the only other bug I encountered on PS5 was on the skyway on feros. The mako just stopped. Couldn't get out, boost or jump. Wheels span but couldn't move or turn. Just as I was about to reload it just teleported me to my destination.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Did Mass Effect 1 generally not have footstep sounds? I almost never hear them while playing legendary.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spacebump posted:

Did Mass Effect 1 generally not have footstep sounds? I almost never hear them while playing legendary.

The audio levels seem pretty wonky. It has been a long time since I played the original so I don't remember if it's the same though.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

In Mass Effect 1 the Spectre Master Gear shows up at C-Sec requisitions after you do Virmire.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spacebump posted:

In Mass Effect 1 the Spectre Master Gear shows up at C-Sec requisitions after you do Virmire.

The VII or X? I have access to VII and haven't done Virmire yet. Level 22.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Theotus posted:

The VII or X? I have access to VII and haven't done Virmire yet. Level 22.

The X. I did almost every sidequest before Virmire. So I was level 28 when I bought them. I had seen someone mention on reddit that they show up then so I assume it is tied to the mission and not levels.

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

Spacebump posted:

The X. I did almost every sidequest before Virmire. So I was level 28 when I bought them. I had seen someone mention on reddit that they show up then so I assume it is tied to the mission and not levels.

Oh sweet! Good to know. I haven't even done Feros yet. Been bombing around in the Mako doing wicked sick jumps.

Alexander Hamilton
Dec 29, 2008
I thought I remember being able to limitlessly run in Mass Effect 1 but you can't anymore. Am I wrong or is that a change? Not a huge deal but it makes getting around the Citadel the first time a pain.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010

4000 Dollar Suit posted:

oh god don't rely on auto save for the luna mission and probably any other mission, just died on the last base gotta do all 3 again. this isn't even the first time this exact thing has happened to me in ME1

Yeah the autosave on 1/2 at least really sucks. Especially if you are on controller and have no access to quick save.

Alexander Hamilton posted:

I thought I remember being able to limitlessly run in Mass Effect 1 but you can't anymore. Am I wrong or is that a change? Not a huge deal but it makes getting around the Citadel the first time a pain.

In the original one you only had a combat sprint. If you tried outside of battle it just zoomed out and didn't go any faster. It's really silly that Shepard can't sprint more than 6 seconds though.

I got to the end of 1 and was like, yeah this is way better than regular 1 and dare I say it, even good. Then started up 2 and it's still so much better to play.

Here's a shot of old man Shepard scaring away a Krogan with his..very intimidating glare.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012

Mayor Dave posted:

the mako did nothing wrong.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012

DourCricket posted:

Not only do you have it in 3... They imported to 2 as well! Rocking it right now as I sit and play in my own N7 hoodie lol

And All everyone is talking about is the mass effect 1 changes. Now this is game changining

Thom12255
Feb 23, 2013
WHERE THE FUCK IS MY MONEY

Raven9686 posted:

the mako did nothing wrong.

Mako is good on main quest worlds.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The mako sucks rear end. If it wasn’t there the game would be markedly better.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Knuc U Kinte posted:

The mako sucks rear end. If it wasn’t there the game would be markedly better.

yeah but the fixed a bunch of the worse parts of the mako. its more boring then anything broken.

Me1 is pretty good now with the remaster but i still kinda prefer 2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kobal2
Apr 29, 2019

Zeron posted:

Here's a shot of old man Shepard scaring away a Krogan with his..very intimidating glare.

"Dude I'm so high right now... are you a dinosaur ?"