Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
Yeah each area introduces new ones and more types also appear in the main hub as time goes on. The mold guys were absolutely the worst part of RE7 , only one enemy and also the most boring in RE history

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

maybe the game is actually good...I must update to windows 10

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm having some gamer friends over for a whole weekend to play horrorgames once COVID dies down a little more - would Resident Evil VIII or the REmake be a better game? they've both played a ton of resident evil (i think 6 was the last one they played though), but i've only ever played the first one as a rental from blockbuster years and years ago.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
REmake is loving insanely good and from what ive seen re 8 is great too, so no bad choices there. maybe REmake would be a bit less interesting with people cause its more methodical, going back and forth figuring out what items to ferry, slowly checking out each room. re8 seems more action so maybe that

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bicyclops posted:

i'm having some gamer friends over for a whole weekend to play horrorgames once COVID dies down a little more - would Resident Evil VIII or the REmake be a better game? they've both played a ton of resident evil (i think 6 was the last one they played though), but i've only ever played the first one as a rental from blockbuster years and years ago.

RE8 would be a lot more fun to watch I think. There's some really good setpieces and horrifying encounters.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

ArfJason posted:

REmake is loving insanely good and from what ive seen re 8 is great too, so no bad choices there. maybe REmake would be a bit less interesting with people cause its more methodical, going back and forth figuring out what items to ferry, slowly checking out each room. re8 seems more action so maybe that

thx. maybe we'll have time for both. we played a lot of silent hill together back when we lived in an apartment together and were planning to revisit the good ol days back before the pandemic started, it's going to be good to get back to it.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

i'd say village just because its newer and more exciting but yeah, no bad choice there

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

playing horror games the way you watch bad horror movies with half a dozen homies getting spooked and hollering stuff ftw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Fungah! posted:

playing horror games the way you watch bad horror movies with half a dozen homies getting spooked and hollering stuff ftw

yeah, lol. it's fun when there's one guy who hasn't played it before and everyone else is watching for his reaction for one of the big jump scares or twists.

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPy4jIVmmcI

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

you can't make me click that.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
The only RE game I've ever finished was RE5 which was a stupid loving turd but fun to play co-op

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

AverySpecialfriend posted:

The only RE game I've ever finished was RE5 which was a stupid loving turd but fun to play co-op

I beseech you. Play any other RE game

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Sheva.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Village is so good. I spent like 3 hours exploring the castle last night

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Village is so good. I spent like 3 hours exploring the castle last night

Its a really really good time. Im such a sucker for good first person horror and Im glad not only that RE took another shot at it but that they had such an obviously great time making it.

musclebusiness
Jun 30, 2008

that early "survive!!" lycan attack nearly broke my spirit

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Just beat the first “real” boss... drat this is good poo poo

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

i wish the game had more, its really good.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
The ending with Chris and the BSAA is clearly set up for like a DLC or offshoot or something, but that would probably pretty different experience than the normal gameplay of 8.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

JOHN CENA posted:

i wish the game had more, its really good.

I’m fine with the overall length of the game, although if it were up to me I’d like to spend a little more time in the castle and a little less in the factory. The castle was such a great environment, I really loved exploring it the whole time I was there. The factory was cool too but I feel like it’s the only part of the game where towards the end I was thinking “alright, enough of this, I’m ready for the next thing”

American McGay posted:

The ending with Chris and the BSAA is clearly set up for like a DLC or offshoot or something, but that would probably pretty different experience than the normal gameplay of 8.

A whole DLC campaign like 7’s Not a Hero in the same Call of Duty-ish style of Chris’s section towards the end of the game would be cool

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Oh my god the next area after the castle :stare:

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Oh my god the next area after the castle :stare:

:stare: :staredog: :stonk: :catstare: :gonk:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

This.

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Absolutely.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

yeah

you know a game is good tho when your only bad feeling is "i wish there was more!!!!"

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

AverySpecialfriend posted:

play re2 remake, one of the best games ever made

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

SuppressdPuberty93 posted:

play re2 remake, one of the best looking hamburgers in a game ever made

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

This.

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

this

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

:tipshat:

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

:hai:

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

apropos to nothing
Sep 5, 2003

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.
Holy poo poo RE8 was fun. I didn't really get into RE7 that much and the 2nd half sucked but 8 was stupid awesome.

mycophobia
May 7, 2008
are re 5 and 6 good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

RE5 is worse RE4 with fun co-op and RE6 is an insane game that's very divisive, I love it personally but like 5 you probably shouldn't play it alone

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
my buddy and I played 5 to death and had a blast
a worse version of resident evil 4 is still a pretty good video game

we took a stab at 6 but didn't finish
from what I remember we were surprised given its reputation how fun it was
but it was more of a... idk what you'd call it, one of those pipeline-of-highly-choreographed-action-set-pieces games. okay now a flaming ambulance comes careening round the corner so you run towards that ladder!! ok now jump across the fire escape gogogogo. the bad hitman game was similar

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Cubone posted:

my buddy and I played 5 to death and had a blast
a worse version of resident evil 4 is still a pretty good video game

we took a stab at 6 but didn't finish
from what I remember we were surprised given its reputation how fun it was
but it was more of a... idk what you'd call it, one of those pipeline-of-highly-choreographed-action-set-pieces games. okay now a flaming ambulance comes careening round the corner so you run towards that ladder!! ok now jump across the fire escape gogogogo. the bad hitman game was similar

Yeah everyone starts with Leon and it's easily the worst campaign, still fun but worse than the other two

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Leon's campaign is what I assume uncharted games are Aka Absolutely Epic.