Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i think bruce should be given a larger role in hiring talent

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

DarkstarIV posted:

Emphesis mine. Charlotte's entire career on the main roster has been a tribute act to Ric Flair, and its painfully obvious all of her title reigns are because of that. I seriously doubt she would be anywhere near as prominent as she is without being related to him, to be honest.

At the same time, I get it from her perspective. Doing an homage to your dad in your character/moveset is a different thing entirely from having them drag your dad back out over and over to do storylines with him.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Writer Cath posted:

Having been eaten by zombies, maybe the plan is to combine the supernatural gimmicks and have Miz be Alexa's zombie muscle.
I hope the doll gets a crush on zombie Morrison

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Charlotte Flair can't be Charlotte Flair without Ric Flair being somewhere nearby. WWE law.

Maybe she should instead don a mask and work with a far better wrestler. Slapjack, for instance.

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Maybe Miz can team with Tozawa as "guys who have been canonically devoured whole on live TV"

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

CopywrightMMXI posted:

If they turn Miz and Morrison into zombies and have someone try to cure them I’d probably watch the YouTube recaps.

This is a job for the Fashion Police!

Seriously, I would watch the gently caress out of vignettes where Tyler Breeze and Fandango confusedly try to "cure" Miz and Morrisson of zombieness. Perhaps making friends along the way, perhaps setting up for a mildly entertaining midcard tag team match.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Give Charlotte a Sammartino run with the title after she beats Ric's record

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

BrigadierSensible posted:

This is a job for the Fashion Police!

Seriously, I would watch the gently caress out of vignettes where Tyler Breeze and Fandango confusedly try to "cure" Miz and Morrisson of zombieness. Perhaps making friends along the way, perhaps setting up for a mildly entertaining midcard tag team match.

See, this would be good and funny and would make good use of their massive roster.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Dimebags Brain posted:

Maybe Miz can team with Tozawa as "guys who have been canonically devoured whole on live TV"

Then hit their tandem finish, causing Heyman to shout

VORE, VORE, VORE!

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

Shinjobi posted:

Charlotte Flair can't be Charlotte Flair without Ric Flair being somewhere nearby. WWE law.

Maybe she should instead don a mask and work with a far better wrestler. Slapjack, for instance.

She'd probably be more popular if she ditched the Ric Flair Tribute poo poo and was just her own person. Like back when she was in NXT and it wasn't so shoved in the audiences face.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Yeah, maybe don’t use his entrance, remix his theme, or modify his finisher?

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
charlotte is ric flair's daughter, wears ring gear and entrance attire reminiscent of her father, uses some of her fathers mannerisms and moves/variations, was promoted for years as one of "the four horsewomen" although it wasn't exactly a stable, and her entrance theme is basically her father's music with some chonk chonk guitars and a booming dance beat

idk i mean theres a few things i would suggest

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Regardless of whether he agrees, I wonder how much of that "only 2 or 3 other women in WWE besides Charlotte can go 20" bit from his Hugo interview was Andrade parroting Charlotte.

100%? 1000%?

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

wrestlers using a remix of their dad's theme song is always a good thing to do and usually sounds awesome with added guitars or a stronger beat. it worked out really well for chris masters

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Power Windows posted:

Regardless of whether he agrees, I wonder how much of that "only 2 or 3 other women in WWE besides Charlotte can go 20" bit from his Hugo interview was Andrade parroting Charlotte.

100%? 1000%?

All of it, and he likely believes it as well. He also said that all of the other women in the locker room were jealous of Charlotte because of her in ring work and character work (which he thinks is unrivaled) and her success, because no one can be on her level.

I'm sure Andrade will do well on the indies but the fact that he actively chose to wrestle Alberto Del Rio in a match shows he is pretty loving dumb in real life as well.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
At the PPV, Sheamus kicked Ricochet’s rear end and beat him cleanly. The follow up on RAW was Sheamus kicking Ricochet’s rear end even harder and beating him cleanly.

I like this feud.

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Sheamus should challenge him to a best of 7 and then smoke him 4-0

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

https://streamable.com/uqlenp

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD

I thought they released The Ascension

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
does the woman who was in the group still exist and wrestle somewhere on wwe programming? is she still under whatever dumb name they had for her or did she get memory holed

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

Tato posted:

At the PPV, Sheamus kicked Ricochet’s rear end and beat him cleanly. The follow up on RAW was Sheamus kicking Ricochet’s rear end even harder and beating him cleanly.

I like this feud.
They say Styles Make Fights, and these two have complimentary styles: Sheamus likes to kick rear end, and Ricochet is a jobber

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

flatluigi posted:

does the woman who was in the group still exist and wrestle somewhere on wwe programming? is she still under whatever dumb name they had for her or did she get memory holed

She got covid a while back so her and Keith Lee disappeared. They got engaged or married I forget which one and neither have been back since. Been 2 months?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

both Mia Yim and Keith Lee haven't been seen on WWE programming in months

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

flatluigi posted:

Mia Yim hasn't been seen in a while, so is probably hanging out with Keith Lee until Vince remembers them

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
oh it was mia yim okay yeah

i don't actually watch the show and couldn't remember who it was, other than that she was called Revolution or something

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I think I’ve read they’re moving Yim and SLAPJACK to Smackdown

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
https://twitter.com/WWE/status/1394474301600972804

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

flatluigi posted:

oh it was mia yim okay yeah

i don't actually watch the show and couldn't remember who it was, other than that she was called Revolution or something

Mia Yim was Reckoning, and Mercedes Martinez was sent back to NXT before her Retribution name could be revealed

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Is this edited to eliminate context or is it really as bad as it looks? What was she going to do to her the C4?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Digital Jedi posted:

Been 2 months?

been longer than that

Alaois posted:

Mia Yim was Reckoning, and Mercedes Martinez was sent back to NXT before her Retribution name could be revealed

i thought she demanded going back to nxt

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

graph posted:

been longer than that

keith lee's last appearance was on February 7th so yeah, its been over 3 months

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

There's nothing wrong with botching, it's part of wrestling.

But I'm positive at this point WWE is intentionally making gifs of botches.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Shard posted:

Is this edited to eliminate context or is it really as bad as it looks? What was she going to do to her the C4?

Charlotte tried to use several spots Andrade uses in his matches and all of them looked like poo poo.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

It's one thing to have a gif of a botch but to have the official WWE page do it...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Artelier posted:

It's one thing to have a gif of a botch but to have the official WWE page do it...

This seems to be their new thing, at least for women.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

DarkstarIV posted:

Charlotte tried to use several spots Andrade uses in his matches and all of them looked like poo poo.

https://i.imgur.com/aFGdi2s.gifv

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

I would've laughed so hard if that was the finish

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Konnor and Viktor have become the got-dang Joker baby

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Charlotte is only botching because she's cosplaying a Gateway computer that downloaded Bonzi Buddy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

I'm glad you can still tell when Charlotte is losing a match by how much effort she puts into it.

Jesus, those clips are embarrassing.