Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Should troll Fancy Pelosi be allowed to stay?
This poll is closed.
Yes 160 32.92%
No 326 67.08%
Total: 486 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't know why people have to psych themselves up about the decorum of a glib joke when the joke is intended to deflect from our open support of crimes against humanity

like, there's already something very worthy of righteous indignation, why do you have to work yourself up over something stupid

I think a lot of people like to work themselves up, is the thing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Craig K
Nov 10, 2016

puck
is this the first electric pickup? i would have figured someone else would have beaten ford to the punch

also the idea of an electric pickup, knowing how much gasoline pickups already weigh, and adding in the weight of the batteries, makes me wonder how the heck that's gonna work

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

i don't know why people have to psych themselves up about the decorum of a glib joke when the joke is intended to deflect from our open support of crimes against humanity

like, there's already something very worthy of righteous indignation, why do you have to work yourself up over something stupid

It's not the joke people are objecting to. It's the genocide part.

cgeq
Jun 5, 2004

Morrow posted:

You've misread it. If the district were shrunk down to just the White Houst and Capitol Building, the idea is the president and his family would be the only residents. The solution is to automatically assign the district's electoral votes to the national popular vote winner.

Isn't that double bad for the Republicans? Like, Dems usually win the popular vote, so they get those electors, plus the ones from the new DC State. I thought the holdout Dems were afraid of appearing to overreach?

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

cgeq posted:

Isn't that double bad for the Republicans? Like, Dems usually win the popular vote, so they get those electors, plus the ones from the new DC State. I thought the holdout Dems were afraid of appearing to overreach?
lol

GhostofJohnMuir
Aug 14, 2014

anime is not good

Antifa Turkeesian posted:

It's not the joke people are objecting to. It's the genocide part.

weird, because some of the posters in this thread are posting solely about the content of the joke rather than the genocide, which almost reads like it's the joke they care about more

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Failed Imagineer posted:

If it was trump doing this poo poo everyone itt would be hooting at the clownshow

We did. Remember when he was in the truck.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Nobody's "worked up". It's a lovely thing the president did and said, and people are responding to it. Not sure what your idea of what people are supposed to say about it is. This is a perfect example of a thing that, had Trump done/said the identical thing, most dems would be apoplectic, but instead want to downplay the monstrosity on display, or act like having a reaction to it is somehow wrong or silly, because it's your guy.

ram dass in hell
Dec 29, 2019

:420::toot::420:

happyhippy posted:

We did. Remember when he was in the truck.

Yeah I don't remember him joking about running a reporter over with it just making a constipated airhorn face..

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

zoux posted:

Oh so it is a sort of dazzle camo. Interesting.

yep. It’s common on cars that are in various stages of testing and performance benchmarking because much/most of that work has to be done outside and there’s an entire industry of automotive paparazzi whose job it literally is to post up at reported test sites, sometimes by climbing up into the hills and/or using high powered zoom lenses to peek in from far away, and try to snap pics to sell to blogs and magazines and whatnot

Orthanc6
Nov 4, 2009

Craig K posted:

is this the first electric pickup? i would have figured someone else would have beaten ford to the punch

also the idea of an electric pickup, knowing how much gasoline pickups already weigh, and adding in the weight of the batteries, makes me wonder how the heck that's gonna work

Apparently Chevrolet made the first electric pickup in the 90's. Only lasted a year, but that's the first.

Of course Tesla's Cybertruck was announced before this F-150, but it's slated to be released around the same time.

Jaxyon
Mar 7, 2016
I’m just saying I would like to see a man beat a woman in a cage. Just to be sure.
President's joking about running down people who politically disagree with him, something the fascists literally want to do.

Great, great

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Craig K posted:

First one going into mass production, sure. Chevy built an electric S10 a while back but only sold 60ish of them and the discontinued it a year later
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chevrolet_S-10_EV

There's a startup EV car company called Rivian who is focusing on pickups, they look pretty slick.
https://rivian.com/

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Lmao moneybagg joe driving around in an electric truck and telling reporters not to ask him questions or he'll run them down. That's a good bit

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

"I'm only teasing. Not about loving the crimes against humanity, though."

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

I like his watch. Can’t tell if it’s a Rolex or a SG.

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Ok Comboomer posted:

yep. It’s common on cars that are in various stages of testing and performance benchmarking because much/most of that work has to be done outside and there’s an entire industry of automotive paparazzi whose job it literally is to post up at reported test sites, sometimes by climbing up into the hills and/or using high powered zoom lenses to peek in from far away, and try to snap pics to sell to blogs and magazines and whatnot

Yeah growing up in Southeast Michigan you'd see cars driving around like that all the time.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

LionArcher posted:

I like his watch. Can’t tell if it’s a Rolex or a SG.

That's his Rolex

duck.exe
Apr 14, 2012

Nap Ghost

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/thisisinsider/status/1394658817451900934

I hope you guys are ready to have this motherfucker regularly in the news for the next 30 or so years.

Why does this guy look so much like L Ron Hubbard?

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp
Also video since I'm not sure anyone posted it:

https://twitter.com/RiegerReport/status/1394733937604415488?s=20

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I thought the President wasn't allowed to drive a car ever... I guess a closed track doesn't count.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice
If Top Gear was still going it would be pretty fun to see Biden go around the track and beat everyone else.

Meatball
Mar 2, 2003

That's a Spicy Meatball

Pillbug

DukeDuke posted:

Why does this guy look so much like L Ron Hubbard?

Why does l Ron Hubbard look like the guy who played the principal in Ferris bueller's day off?

BlackIronHeart
Aug 2, 2004

PROCEED

Acebuckeye13 posted:

Yeah growing up in Southeast Michigan you'd see cars driving around like that all the time.

To this day, in fact! I routinely see Chrysler cars wearing dazzle camo on the highway in Washtenaw county.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/justinamash/status/1394318902780481540?s=20

Huh, wasn't aware Justin Amash is palestinian on his pops side.

Biden mentioned Rashida Tlaib's parents, seemed a bit patronizing.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

Meatball posted:

Why does l Ron Hubbard look like the guy who played the principal in Ferris bueller's day off?

They're both pedophiles?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Raenir Salazar posted:

If Top Gear was still going it would be pretty fun to see Biden go around the track and beat everyone else.

Strong President go fast :neckbeard:

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Astro7x posted:

I thought the President wasn't allowed to drive a car ever... I guess a closed track doesn't count.

I imagine there are rules and special circumstances but it's heavily limited. Biden couldn't drive his Camaro(?) around as VP.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Question in that first tweet may have asked about the driving bit because, as far as I know, presidents and vice presidents (even out of office) aren’t allowed to drive themselves on public roads and such.

Edit:

Astro7x posted:

Yep, non-public track.

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Does Trump even know how to drive? Seems like the kind of guy who needs others to drive him around

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1394717086543486979?s=20

Daily Heil, I know, but apparently this followed an eight minute confrontation between Tlaib and Biden. She declined to comment on what they talked about, so I assume it didn't go great.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...war-crimes.html

Acebuckeye13
Nov 2, 2010

Against All Tyrants

Ultra Carp

Angry_Ed posted:

I imagine there are rules and special circumstances but it's heavily limited. Biden couldn't drive his Camaro(?) around as VP.

Yeah, when Biden did a clip driving his Corvette with Jay Leno back in 2016, he mentioned it was only the third time he'd gotten to drive it in 7 years.

generic one
Oct 2, 2004

I wish I was a little bit taller
I wish I was a baller
I wish I had a wookie in a hat with a bat
And a six four Impala

Nap Ghost

Vorik posted:

Does Trump even know how to drive? Seems like the kind of guy who needs others to drive him around

If the way he drives a golf cart is any indication, he knows how to drive, but he is a pretty lovely driver.

Velocity Raptor
Jul 27, 2007

I MADE A PROMISE
I'LL DO ANYTHING
I doubt Trump knows how to drive.

Source: He wouldn't have ever shut up on twitter about NY drivers.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

zoux posted:

https://twitter.com/MarioDParker/status/1394729777832079360

What is up with that paint job, are they trying to prevent WWI Uboats from getting accurate firing solutions

IDK what you're talking about, it's dazzling.

Velocity Raptor posted:

I doubt Trump knows how to drive.

Source: He wouldn't have ever shut up on twitter about NY drivers.

IDK about anymore, but he was driving as late as 2013 or so. I recall someone here posting some video of him driving himself, Melania, and Baron back from some event in a Bentley or something. Too lazy to go digging for it though.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
the photo op was an embarrassment on par with trumps big boy truck day and biden making tee hee lmaos about refusing to answer questions about the genocide we are actively empowering is loving nauseating

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Handsome Ralph posted:

IDK about anymore, but he was driving as late as 2013 or so. I recall someone here posting some video of him driving himself, Melania, and Baron back from some event in a Bentley or something. Too lazy to go digging for it though.

Trump whining about the bump of the limo going over a lowered gate makes me wonder how fragile a bitch he’d be in anything resembling traffic.

WAR CRIME GIGOLO
Oct 3, 2012

The Hague
tryna get me
for these glutes

Biden flipping an f150 would be the greatest fox news emergency update ever. I gurantee they'd be sucking trump off like "oh our glorious leader trump would have never flipped the car he's too much of a bear of a man "

Also if Biden hit the journalists he'd probably be vilified by the right anyway.

Bootleg Trunks
Jun 12, 2020

And then he sent another billion dollars to bibi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
listen jack dont try and flummox me with that blarney or ill do to you what the idf is doing to teenagers in gaza with this crackerjack honey of a machine