Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I ran a marathon the day after Pfizer 1, which turned out to not be a fantastic idea as I was miserable for most of it.

e: el gato

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I felt like poo poo the night after the first Az shot and the morning of the next day. That was last Wednesday and I have had weird, shaky legs and bad balance since then.

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

I just had a bit of a fever and joint ache after AZ1, just took a couple of solpadol and slept through it. Got AZ2 on thursday, so will report my experiences after that.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I had more symptoms two/three days after Pfizer #1 than after Pfizer #2, but that may have been due to being in a city hospital during cold and flu season for the first time after nearly a year of viral shielding measures when I was there for the first dose.

I hope some lessons are learned from this, but judging by 1-2 decades after other Western respiratory virus epidemics it's going to be a probable 'nah'

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

The bit I'm enjoying most is the 3% of self-describing woke people thinking nigel farage is woke :psyduck:
Biden scoring 25% with both groups suggests he’s achieved a level of perfect centrist nullity that Starmer can only dream of

Just Another Lurker
May 1, 2009

WhatEvil posted:

So I've never done the "start with flour and wash out the starch" method... I just buy straight up wheat gluten powder and mix up a dough with it and cook it. Turns out really well and is much quicker by the sound of it.

As I mentioned I tweaked it over and over, made it like 8 times changing it each time to come up with a really tasty version of BBQ Vegan Ribs. This is the recipe I've based mine on:

https://veggiesociety.com/best-vegan-ribs-recipe-jackfruit/

Takes about 1.5 - 2 hours in total to measure out the ingredients, cook the jackfruit, mix into a dough, prep and cook in the oven (the cooking part is around an hour so the total active time is less than an hour). Helps if you have a roasting pan with a lid, since the seitan needs to steam in the barbecue sauce moisture - you can do it without one by using tin foil to create a "lid" on your roasting pan but it's more of a faff.

The secret to making it even better, and convincingly meaty, is to add MSG powder. There's other stuff in my recipe too to make the flavour a bit more complex but the recipe above plus my secret ingredient there will get you 98% of the way there.

The only other difference is that the recipe says to knead the dough for 5 minutes but I've found it to be more tender and just generally better if you don't - just mix it up enough to come together properly. Also I use the "grill and oven method" in the recipe but I actually just skip the grilling part because that's only for looks anyway.

Thanks for the link. :-)

It's cost & convenience versus time for me and time is what i have plenty of these days.
I wasn't too rigorous with my initial kneading either and still got a decent result.
Bought actual bread flour today as it has a higher gluten content, will see if that changes anything next time i make it.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
I, too, can report feeling like poo poo, continual pain and extended bouts of exhaustion. I haven't had the vaccine yet, mind, I just live in the UK

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
LOL

:dadjoke:

this country is an awful shithouse yes :agreed:

crispix fucked around with this message at 01:11 on May 19, 2021

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Finally got my first vaccine appointment in Canada today. They were due to be making all over 30s eligible on Monday morning, but Monday came around and nothing... and then on Monday evening they say "lol we're making all over 18s eligible tomorrow". So it was a bit of a shitshow. Lots of people weren't able to book. The bookings were supposed to open at 8am and I was trying on the website and got into the queue at 7:55, after trying 30 seconds before, to find 15,000 people in the queue ahead of me.

Fun times.

Anyway, booked in for June 16th so a month to go, then October for the second one. Woop woop.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

The fact that government after government has tried to brush this under the carpet is frankly horrifying.

For those who aren't aware the long and short of it is a private investigator tried to sell the news of the world a story about corrupt police officers running a drug ring with and was found shortly thereafter with an axe in his head.

There is a theory that the corrupt police were also selling stories to the news of the world so the NotW tipped them of so they could deal with the leak. Obviously beyond linking the Murdoch press to organised crime and a literal murder the whole story also threatens to expose a bunch of police officers as being drug dealers so it has been repeatedly suppressed.

Eararaldor
Jul 30, 2007
Fanboys, ruining gaming since the 1980's

Trickjaw posted:

Titles being considered:

Dancing with the Starmer.

Kiethwatch

The Bill

Yes, Prime Minister.

Curb your Enthusiasm

I guess you could also go with

Curb your Vote Share

Both of which need the same music.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

Fond Late-90s Goth Memories :allears:

Also my Pfizer 1st and 2nd shots were so uneventful side-effects-wise that a more conspiracy-minded person might have posted about in on a .info domain blog.

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

I reckon the next conspiracy will be about the lateral flow tests.

You see the government are getting us to do scrapings, then put those scrapings into an individually numbered container, then put the details of that container along with our personal details onto a governmental database.

It's how the government are going to get a hold of our DNA for the national database. It's how they get you maaaannnnn.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Guardian has just shat itself again.

Gonzo McFee
Jun 19, 2010

jiggerypokery posted:

Lol no, she shagged him for years for about 25 grand.

It's ridiculous how cheap it all is with political bribery.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Given how much this has been shared it's probably the most successful clickbait they've done in years

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I mean that's just pure clickbait right?

"here's why this wildly popular thing is bad actually"

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

I make that exact Shrek face when I read any guardian columnist

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
It's the most blatant one since probably that "Pratchett, what a hack" one by Jonty Jones-Joens or whoever.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Guavanaut posted:

It's the most blatant one since probably that "Pratchett, what a hack" one by Jonty Jones-Joens or whoever.

Jonathan Jones exists purely to angry up the blood

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I mean that's just pure clickbait right?

"here's why this wildly popular thing is bad actually"

To be fair, Shrek does totally suck

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Noxville posted:

*furiously clicks ur post*

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
shrek was an anti-semite, was he

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Noxville posted:

True, but the Guardian are probably only having a go at it now because Boris has gone full Farquaad on Covid and he's getting memed for it.

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

He's right

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Wildly popular with both critics and audiences but does not engage with the key demographic of 'media failsons paid by the line' required to become high art.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!
Well, personally speaking, the effects in Disney's Bambi made in 1942 are just not up to much. It doesn't look a bit real.
:rolleyes: :derp:

And that computer we had in the office in 1983 - you know the one, with two 5.25" floppy disk drives, that each department could book an hour a week on, not up to much that. How dare they have a computer like that in an office 38 years ago when now you can get one that does all kinds of whizzy things and calls 'programs' 'apps' and has pretty pictures to press instead of going c:\dosomething\grep ¬¬ add 2+2 or whatever. (ed: this is not a serious command line as it is mixing MSDOS with Linux just a jokey line).

I've seen Shrek, it's reasonably entertaining, but not something I'd go out of my way to watch but then I'm not 7 now.

Meanwhile, in happy mode: just got an alert saying my research (can't believe it's 20 years old now!) has been cited in a NEW book - which I can't see the chapter of because it costs $42 to download the pdf of a single article.

Jaeluni Asjil fucked around with this message at 09:17 on May 19, 2021

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Guavanaut posted:

Wildly popular with both critics and audiences but does not engage with the key demographic of 'media failsons paid by the line' required to become high art.

Other than the aforementioned Farquaad speech and Puss in Boots doing anime eyes, can anyone remember a single joke from Shrek? I can't.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe
Shrek was responsible for busting Smashmouth out of the 90s Phantom Zone they'd been rightfully consigned to and for that everyone involved should be eaten by fire ants.

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

The only reason this got written is because Shrek’s become a meme and the only reason it’s a meme is because loads of people like it “ironically”, so this whole article is just “kids these days” with extra steps

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Jedit posted:

Other than the aforementioned Farquaad speech and Puss in Boots doing anime eyes, can anyone remember a single joke from Shrek? I can't.
the donkey fucks a dragon

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Guavanaut posted:

STOP LIKING THE WRONG THINGS YOU'RE SUPPOSED TO LIKE STARMER NOT SHREK YOU STUPID PUBLIC!

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

The only reason this got written is because Shrek’s become a meme and the only reason it’s a meme is because loads of people like it “ironically”, so this whole article is just “kids these days” with extra steps

Exactly.

And without Shrek creating Shrek memes we might never have Neil Cicierega's Mouth albums and the world would be poorer for it

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Jedit posted:

The little singing diorama. The blind mice. Do you know the muffin man. Ogres are like an onion.a bunch of fart jokes.

I think I only saw each movie once but they're not any more forgettable than anything of its ilk

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Jedit posted:

It's a cliche now, but Shrek was one of the first kids movies to push back against the whole Disney Princess plot.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

Meanwhile, in happy mode: just got an alert saying my research (can't believe it's 20 years old now!) has been cited in a NEW book - which I can't see the chapter of because it costs $42 to download the pdf of a single article.

I have institutional access to basically everything scientific ever so if you want I can look it up for you.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

Hard to believe that the Shrek Defenders Have Logged On. That film is widely regarded as bad, now. And I find it hard to disagree with anything in that article. This might be one of the least controversial pieces the paper has ever published.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Saros posted:

I have institutional access to basically everything scientific ever so if you want I can look it up for you.

I'd love to see why I was cited, as my 'big' paper was 20 years ago now, most of my recent cites have been what I call 'courtesy' cites.
Do you have PM?

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Comrade Fakename posted:

Hard to believe that the Shrek Defenders Have Logged On. That film is widely regarded as bad, now. And I find it hard to disagree with anything in that article. This might be one of the least controversial pieces the paper has ever published.

It's fine.

But also this is true

https://twitter.com/HKesvani/status/1394935513585524739?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

I'd love to see why I was cited, as my 'big' paper was 20 years ago now, most of my recent cites have been what I call 'courtesy' cites.
Do you have PM?

I think it's platinum a.k.a. the little grenade icon which adds PMs.