Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
MOTN
This poll is closed.
THE BEST MAN VS DARBY 71 56.35%
BUCKS VS SCU 40 31.75%
NAGATA VS MOX 14 11.11%
OC VS PAC 1 0.79%
Total: 126 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

Broke: using the new tv money to hire Daniel Bryan
Woke: using the new tv money to sign The Four Hunkmen to 10 year deals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Malcolm Excellent posted:

John Cena is already on TBS

AEW is one step closer to The Prototype Vs MJF
:pray:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

AEW is one step closer to John Cena vs Max Caster

Neurotic Roleplay
May 20, 2005

major league slaps

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

I'm more interested in the money of the deal. TK said that the deal allowed them to invest more so to me that says more money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

yea ok posted:

wow, is it really? i believe you i just would have never guessed that. too in my sports bubble

TBS has all of the sitcom reruns and that poo poo does big numbers. So AEW Q1s will get the artificial inflation like NXT does.

The two are very close, both are right around an average of a million, but I bet the sitcoms TBS runs at 7 significantly outrate the moves TNT runs before AEW since a big portion of TNT's ratings come from sports.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

I'm more interested in the money of the deal. TK said that the deal allowed them to invest more so to me that says more money.

Dave says more money.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

I hope this leads to a storyline about Mox having bad vision and needing to go shopping for glasses until he finds the right pair to fit his wild style

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Guillermus posted:

I hate that Vince owns all the WCW names because some of them were cool.

I hope that some day, Vince not being there, makes the next WWE "chairman" sell a lot of their old stuff.

I think Nick Khan will be agreeable about selling the trademarks to his similarly-named-but-not-related colleague.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Nick Comoroto vs Wardlow in a strap match

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

MassRafTer posted:

Dave says more money.

I'm hearing the increased money has already been eaten up by the Bucks's sneaker budget

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

TBS - The B-tier Station

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Tony is spending the new money entirely on licensing songs.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Ganso Bomb posted:

I hope this leads to a storyline about Mox having bad vision and needing to go shopping for glasses until he finds the right pair to fit his wild style

Half this forum when the song plays

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Mi3KNEpbA4&t=22s

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

More money means triple cages

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Pylons posted:

Tony is spending the new money entirely on licensing songs.

Lets not put Mikey Rukus out of work.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

Rarity posted:

It's a pretty safe bet Rampage gets shown on Fite, yeah?

I really hope so.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TV Zombie posted:

Lets not put Mikey Rukus out of work.

Nah this is to give him extra time so he can put a second verse in all the themes

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!

coconono posted:

More money means triple cages

Brian, Christian, and Johnny

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

If you license music are you allowed to alter it? I would swear that RVD's pantera song Walk in ECW had different structure than the actual song. I'm pretty sure it cut out all the lyrics and was on loop to just do the walk part.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_dzmOdiGI

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

also tbs has baseball, so that could be a bit of a problem come october

tbs has been around over a decade longer than tnt fwiw

CopywrightMMXI
Jun 1, 2011

One time a guy stole some downhill skis out of my jeep and I was so mad I punched a mailbox. I'm against crime, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

Ganso Bomb posted:

For every match Mox and Kingston win they get to reveal another part of a Don Callis stand up.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
:rip: The Accountant, you'll never lead in to AEW ever again after they switch to TBS

:smith:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Shard posted:

If you license music are you allowed to alter it? I would swear that RVD's pantera song Walk in ECW had different structure than the actual song. I'm pretty sure it cut out all the lyrics and was on loop to just do the walk part.
Presumably yes depending on the license.

Power Windows
Dec 29, 2004

Brasky used to ride upon a steed, perchance to spy a lady.

Nitro is supposed to be on TNT and Thunder is supposed to be on TBS what the gently caress are you doing Coward Tony

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Shard posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fi_dzmOdiGI

ECW switched to covers at some point. So by 99 that's probably not Pantera anymore I think it's Kilgore? The very cool version of the Zoo that Mike Awesome used (and I think Bam Bam) was done by Bruce Dickinson, for example.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Power Windows posted:

Nitro is supposed to be on TNT and Thunder is supposed to be on TBS what the gently caress are you doing Coward Tony

aew doesn't make either of those shows I don't think

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i hope tony buys the rights to the cover of u2's "one" by damien rice and uses it in a highly emotional feud video package about two friends who had a horrible falling out like moxley and kingston can do again here in a couple years

Nevermind it's too slow. i asked too much. more than a lot

Cavauro fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 19, 2021

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
If things stay the same as now, Dynamites lead in will be Big Bang Theory, which probably gets better ratings than Fast Five or The Point Break remake and what have you that normally leads into Dynamite now.

And now we might hear JT say "Stay tuned for Conan O'Brien!" and opposed to him announcing a movie he has never heard of like Battleship.

Destroy My Sweater
Jul 24, 2009

i can't believe they canceled AEW Dynamite

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

Cavauro posted:

i hope tony buys the rights to the cover of u2's "one" by damien rice and uses it in a highly emotional feud video package about two friends who had a horrible falling out like moxley and kingston can do again here in a couple years
same except Metallica's One and it's Max' new theme from tomorrow on

e: actually it would be a lot funnier if it was Eddie's

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Destroy My Sweater posted:

i can't believe they canceled AEW Dynamite

I know, how did it take this long

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

MassRafTer posted:

TBS has all of the sitcom reruns and that poo poo does big numbers. So AEW Q1s will get the artificial inflation like NXT does.

The two are very close, both are right around an average of a million, but I bet the sitcoms TBS runs at 7 significantly outrate the moves TNT runs before AEW since a big portion of TNT's ratings come from sports.

According to Wikipedia, TBS is also in about 1.3 million more homes than TNT. That's probably not enough of a distinction to mean too much (we're talking like 91.6 versus 90.3) but more reach is generally a good thing. And not getting preempted all the time and getting more money is definitely a good thing. Seems like a win all around

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

TNT execs watched Blood'n'Guts and decided they needed a nice peaceful sport like hockey to replace such a violent spectacle.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thankfully I can still watch tbs due to my mom's cable subscription. They have the same live feed as tnt.com does. Once that ends I'll probably get a sub to fite tv.

the escape goat
Apr 16, 2008

https://twitter.com/sportsnation/status/1395008842149281793?s=21

Sega 32X
Jan 3, 2004

AEW is one step closer to The Prototype Vs Hiroshi Tanahashi, who once appeared in a promo on Dynamite or something

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I hope TBS airs Godzilla vs Kong, it would warm JR's old dumb heart.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Not me. I love this loving song and I love this loving movie, warts and all.

I can see it now - "you saying Jesus Christ can't hit a Shooting Star Press?"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heel turn
Jan 6, 2004

Some boy tried to step to me at the county fair. I said son u clearly have no ideal what creek im from
Big Biceps Tony did his weekly call-in on Busted Open and said the move to TBS will mean no more preemptions and shuffling around for the other sports, so this is a definite plus.