Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Big K of Justice posted:

It’s $100 and I’ve seen it driving around here in Austin. Certainly not as vapor ware as other electric truck companies that haven’t shipped a single model yet.

You've seen the one driving around Austin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

As Nero Danced posted:

It blows my mind, this isn't even hyberbole. 4 and a half tons doing 0-60 in 3 seconds, it's just bonkers.

the type of dipshits that buy hummers don’t need that much torque imho.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!

As Nero Danced posted:

It blows my mind, this isn't even hyberbole. 4 and a half tons doing 0-60 in 3 seconds, it's just bonkers.

they could also be lying

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
https://twitter.com/davidminpdx/status/1394852789197713408?s=21

Turns out maybe voters are more scared of cops and courts than crime. That’s no absolute universal constant, but it’s no surprise where the pendulum is right now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
https://twitter.com/politico/status/1394714730644787201?s=21

Presented without comment but goddamn do I have some comments.

For my comments, see the comments.

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

boop the snoot posted:

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1394714730644787201?s=21

Presented without comment but goddamn do I have some comments.

For my comments, see the comments.

What the gently caress does that even mean.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
Crypto is crashing hard across the board lol

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

A Bad Poster posted:

Yep, some.very high profile crypto boosters are calling it a liquidation event. Institutional brokerages are seeing their crypto investors switching back to gold too.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

A Bad Poster posted:

:qq:

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Yeah it is, and I'm all for it.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

A Bad Poster posted:

Lol my coworkers all dumped multiple 10s of thousands into crypto lately

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Crypto nerds seen trying to sneak out of the house today wearing this:

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

https://mobile.twitter.com/ahcastor/status/1394999902401449994

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

I really hope my cousin doesn’t take this as a sign to buy buy buy!

mlmp08
Jul 11, 2004

Prepare for my priapic projectile's exalted penetration
Nap Ghost
Things grandkids won’t believe was real:
Dogecoin
Butterflies

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
u
p

o
g

y
l
n
o

n
a
c

t
i

Butter Activities
May 4, 2018

Bananas, honey, and chocolate as common consumer goods as well!

LtCol J. Krusinski
May 7, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Kesper North posted:

That guy blew his NDA so hard. I do cybersecurity assessments of infrastructure much like this, and - wow. I am genuinely shocked he spoke up. On the one hand I admire his balls and really wish he'd spoken up sooner... on the other hand he is going to be on the receiving end of an almighty loving lawsuit. He may have trouble getting business, too - nobody wants to hire an assessor who outs their clients.

The solution here is to have something like a cyber NTSB and protections for whistleblowers, not just tweeting it out - unfortunately, we don't have those things.

Hey man, I don’t have PM’s but I’d like to have a private conversation with you. shimgip at googles mail service.

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

facialimpediment posted:

It's all a bit too ~~``PUPPETMASTER``~~ for my taste as an argument.

They're being a bit more clear about it now:

https://twitter.com/Phil_Mattingly/status/1395014279863091202?s=19

As Hezbollah decides to draw some attention too:

https://twitter.com/AP/status/1395011105861292033?s=19

Immanentized
Mar 17, 2009

Kesper North posted:

That guy blew his NDA so hard. I do cybersecurity assessments of infrastructure much like this, and - wow. I am genuinely shocked he spoke up. On the one hand I admire his balls and really wish he'd spoken up sooner... on the other hand he is going to be on the receiving end of an almighty loving lawsuit. He may have trouble getting business, too - nobody wants to hire an assessor who outs their clients.

The solution here is to have something like a cyber NTSB and protections for whistleblowers, not just tweeting it out - unfortunately, we don't have those things.

On the other side of the coin, he blew the NDA to inform the public of dangerous practices that led to a significant impact on the public and the sub-national infrastructure. Sure, he won't be working in assessment or consulting for a while, but I can see him getting more than a few speaking gigs at the next SANS or ISC2 conferences. Then he'll probably end up as a Security Risk Management & Policy director somewhere in 18 months once the public awareness dies down.

I work on the content development and test development groups for stuff like the CISM/CISSP etc and I wanna say half of the people involved have been collecting whistleblower rewards for most of their careers, if you're good at it, and can back up why you did something, you can definitely make a pseudo career out of being "That Person".

Buttchocks
Oct 21, 2020

No, I like my hat, thanks.

Hekk posted:

I feel bad for whoever has to clean the courtroom. Kind of a dick move to off yourself in public but guess that cat is out of the bag.

Bloodstains on the courtroom walls sounds like a song lyric rejected by Rage Against The Machine for being too on the nose.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

lmao

https://twitter.com/coinerstakingls/status/1394899051171106817

I'm hoping graphics card prices start coming down in crypto continues to do poorly.

Notahippie
Feb 4, 2003

Kids, it's not cool to have Shane MacGowan teeth

That Works posted:

lmao

I'm hoping graphics card prices start coming down in crypto continues to do poorly.

This is all just so loving stupid

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

That Works posted:

lmao

Part of it is Crypto. Part of it is logistical lag from Trump tariffs. All of it is bad.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

poo poo going on.

https://twitter.com/Bitfinexed/status/1395063427366785043

I'll stop posting about crypto stuff if people want, just not tons going on and its moderately interesting.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
There's still a lot of crypto evangelists stating the crypto bull market is still yet to really go, that the long term 6 figure + target for bitcoin is still very real, etc. I mean sure, but did they just ignore governments can end this party whenever and they can't do poo poo about it?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice

maffew buildings posted:

There's still a lot of crypto evangelists stating the crypto bull market is still yet to really go, that the long term 6 figure + target for bitcoin is still very real, etc. I mean sure, but did they just ignore governments can end this party whenever and they can't do poo poo about it?

I think you will find that de-centralization, and therefore blockchain, thus QED bitcoin will make me rich and all you normies will get what you deserve.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

That Works posted:

poo poo going on.

I'll stop posting about crypto stuff if people want, just not tons going on and its moderately interesting.

I'm fine with having news or info presented by folks that know about it, since I personally basically know diddly-squat about whatever this Zelle earlier or the development is overall.

I can interpret a graph of price going down over time and a clip of Elon fake-hitting a joint on Joe Rogan, but that's about it.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

haha dumping another 500 million imaginary funbucks into the crypto market isn't gonna do poo poo when they've already issued almost 1,000x that in the past year

TLDR explanation of Tether: It does literally everything ideological coiners who hate the federal reserve imagine the fed does, but for bitcoin

shame on an IGA fucked around with this message at 19:26 on May 19, 2021

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
And it's so extra imaginary that the government forced them to stop pretending it was tied to anything.

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?

Big K of Justice posted:

Yup. I'm down for a Cybertruck reservation but I'm curious if they can actually make the price point and if will have comfy seats.

Why would anyone want to drive around in a recreation of Apollo 1 waiting to happen?

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

Godholio posted:

And it's so extra imaginary that the government forced them to stop pretending it was tied to anything.

Anything besides a giant power bill, I assume

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat
I got out of Bitcoin relatively early. Please explain Tether to someone who understands the role and functions of Magic The Gathering Exchange Dot Com.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

KirbyKhan posted:

I got out of Bitcoin relatively early. Please explain Tether to someone who understands the role and functions of Magic The Gathering Exchange Dot Com.

Imagine if instead of doing nothing wrong Mark Karpeles had MtGox only let you sell bitcoins for his own personal cryptocurrency which he pinky swore was backed 1:1 with US dollars in a bank account on some island somewhere.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

hobbesmaster posted:

Imagine if instead of doing nothing wrong Mark Karpeles had MtGox only let you sell bitcoins for his own personal cryptocurrency which he pinky swore was backed 1:1 with US dollars in a bank account on some island somewhere.

Perfect, oh man there's gonna be BLOOD. 2 years ago I heard about Tether positively in a college course. Oh the bag has been prepped to be held.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

That Works posted:

poo poo going on.

What does this mean?

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

What does this mean?

Teather is a "stablecoin" they pinky swear is backed 1:1 by USD. That is buying a teather costs $1 and at any time a teather can be redeemed for $1. The pegging of USDT to USD acts as an economic bridge connecting the handful of "legitimate" cryptocurrency exchanges to the vast world of completely unregulated crypto wild west.

According to Teather what the above means is that today someone just bought almost a half billion USDT. What's actually going on is hyperinflationary central bank printing to keep the price of Bitcoin up.

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

So just grab some popcorn?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Except that tether is backed almost entirely by crypto holdings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

bird food bathtub posted:

I think you will find that de-centralization, and therefore blockchain, thus QED bitcoin will make me rich and all you normies will get what you deserve.

"I am smarter than the people who have the ability to send me to jail for tax evasion and also those who have made an art form out of scamming rubes just like me."