Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

flatluigi posted:

are there enough shitters around for a qanon wrestling promotion to attempt to happen

lol if you have to ask

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Quantum of Phallus posted:

lol if you have to ask

oh i meant ones that weren't currently tied up in other promotions, i'm not up to date on who's qanon and if they've been booted to the curb

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

flatluigi posted:

oh i meant ones that weren't currently tied up in other promotions, i'm not up to date on who's qanon and if they've been booted to the curb

I assume everyone in the Christian Wrestling Federation is, and then you can add in Drake and Joey Ryan.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
I wonder if Q has any answers for him now

the_Vandal
Feb 7, 2004

You make me wanna cry
You make me wanna die
I love you, I love you, I love you,
I love you, I love you
Night Man
He'll come back somewhere talking about how they tried to silence him or some dumb poo poo like that.

Lumbermouth
Mar 6, 2008

GREG IS BIG NOW

Countdown to him showing up in IWA Mid-South.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
maybe getting hit by a light tube will knock some sense into him

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Alaois posted:

Ridge Holland? his knees exploded catching a dive last year and i think he's still on the mend

iirc his right ankle literally collapsed and i hope guy can wrestle again at some point

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
PWInsider is reporting that Drake Wuertz is now reaching out to various Indy promotions to see if they'll hire him.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Just reading about Wuertz causes my faith in humanity to smash itself against the bedrock, desperately trying to go ever lower.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

We should make promotional materials for a fake indie just to gently caress with him

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
I have no idea what the culmination of Indi/Lumis looks like, but it's very fun to watch in Streamable bites through this thread.

I can't find anything else on the show that seems even remotely engaging though. Sheesh.

Get hosed Wuertz.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
I hope he’s able to turn his life around for his own sake and the sake of whatever friends he has left

chirico cuvie
Jan 23, 2004
Made of beef and beef byproduct
Lipstick Apathy

sportsgenius86 posted:

We should make promotional materials for a fake indie just to gently caress with him

Offer him a booking to ref the big main event bout involving up-and-coming indy darling, Clave Hample

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Hit piece on Drake is pretty damning. No wonder certain CZW dudes loathed him so much.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

SonicRulez posted:

I have no idea what the culmination of Indi/Lumis looks like, but it's very fun to watch in Streamable bites through this thread.

I can't find anything else on the show that seems even remotely engaging though. Sheesh.

Get hosed Wuertz.

NXT was really good last night. Bunch of good matches, funny moments, and Bronson Reed winning a title owns.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

SonicRulez posted:

Get hosed Wuertz.

Sarray killing Aliyah in the ring with her uranage suplex was great.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

How long before Drake is at the PC smearing poo poo on the doors?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

Codependent Poster posted:

NXT was really good last night. Bunch of good matches, funny moments, and Bronson Reed winning a title owns.

I believe the wrestling is good, but it's 2021 and at this point you can get that ANYWHERE. Even Raw and Smackdown have pretty good matches week to week like Reigns/Bryan whenever they aren't getting too cute with DQs and stuff. I need more sizzle with the steak.

Bronson Reed winning the title is nice for him, but they ran him around having him lose to Gargano first and idk why

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Silly questions.

But do they wish refs "the best in all future endeavours" when they get fired? Did Drake get fired so bad/nastily that the racist fascist that he is didn't even get that, (like TJP)?

What about the others? Were they liked/respected enough to get the "future endeavours" line?

Also, when Drake gets his poo poo posted to him in a garbage bag, will that be an issue?

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

supposedly Drake had a hand in blackballing Candy Cartwright so he best mind his manners when I'm around.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

BrigadierSensible posted:

Silly questions.

But do they wish refs "the best in all future endeavours" when they get fired? Did Drake get fired so bad/nastily that the racist fascist that he is didn't even get that, (like TJP)?

What about the others? Were they liked/respected enough to get the "future endeavours" line?

Also, when Drake gets his poo poo posted to him in a garbage bag, will that be an issue?

NXT releases usually don't get any official post.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Silly questions.

For reasons that have never been adequately explained, they don't announce NXT cuts publicly.

coconono posted:

supposedly Drake had a hand in blackballing Candy Cartwright so he best mind his manners when I'm around.
Depending on your point of view, "supposedly" might be on the verge of being a weasel word there...
https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1314653170761687041

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

davidbix posted:

Depending on your point of view, "supposedly" might be on the verge of being a weasel word there...
https://twitter.com/BabyfacevHeel/status/1314653170761687041

I hadn’t seen the news item you linked and had only heard it hearsay.

But yeah he def getting slapped up.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

SonicRulez posted:

I believe the wrestling is good, but it's 2021 and at this point you can get that ANYWHERE. Even Raw and Smackdown have pretty good matches week to week

lol raw is loving destitute and smackdown maybe has one good match per month

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that Adam Cole is adorable, and I want to give him a hug.

May he never be ruined by being called up to "the big leagues".

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
it sucks because i watch nxt thursdays and spoilers are kinda unavoidable :\

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

graph posted:

lol raw is loving destitute and smackdown maybe has one good match per month

I can't argue since I will not be watching to check, but I heard lots of praise for the Drew/Sheamus series. Drew in general for that matter whenever he had a clean finish. I guess my major point was that NXT as a show is bound to have good wrestling since it features a poo poo ton of talented people and Karrion Kross. But the stuff between and around the matches is colder than ice.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Raw had a couple good matches this week, but they just don't lead anywhere. Smackdown is also the same. But the few good matches don't make up for all the rest of crap in the shows.

NXT has more hits than misses from week to week, and the matches do end up meaning something.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
You can’t put on a good match if you don’t care about who wins and loses. That’s a huge problem.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Apropos of nothing, I just want to say that Adam Cole is adorable, and I want to give him a hug.

May he never be ruined by being called up to "the big leagues".

I don't think that will ever be a problem

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

I don't think that will ever be a problem
I feel like we as a forum should punch down a little less when it comes to Adam Cole

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

Spiderdrake posted:

I feel like we as a forum should punch down a little less when it comes to Adam Cole

then our working punches would fly way above his head

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 12 hours!

Spiderdrake posted:

Is kicking up still OK?

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Sad to see the news that Swish Grundlack was just released, NXT just throwing away talent at this point :sigh:

Rick
Feb 23, 2004
When I was 17, my father was so stupid, I didn't want to be seen with him in public. When I was 24, I was amazed at how much the old man had learned in just 7 years.

Benne posted:

You don't need to scoop up Ronda's talentless hack friend just because one day, down the line, if you're lucky, she might be as good as Tay Conti (who went from underrated to overrated in a flash, I'm just gonna say it)

Yeah. I almost always felt when I was typing any criticism up of her that I was raining on people's parades and also I don't totally feel like arguing as much as I used to, and like WWE is poo poo and not a hill I feel like dying on, so I just kept it to myself but I agree.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.

Grendels Dad posted:

Is kicking up still OK?

i was going to post :tinybart: with Lisa kicking over his head but tinybart got deleted and what the gently caress is this

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Mods are asleep post :regd13:

Lamuella
Jun 26, 2003

It's like goldy or bronzy, but made of iron.

I was posting :tinybort:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
My smiley is also called :tinybort: