Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Stringent posted:

a jewish ethnostate carved out of germany would have been expletively punative, and there wouldn't have been a goddamn thing they could have done about it.

Yes fine, I shed no tears for Germany, what I'm asking is, how do you keep this state Jewish say, 80 years later, without having a bunch of big old yikes laws?

And I guess I'm also asking, why do this for the Jewish people but not every other historically oppressed ethnicity? Is it cus of genocide? Cus if it is we ought to make explicit some specific numbers or percentages at which point a group has suffered and died enough to deserve their own ethnostate. All seems a bit macabre but these are the rules apparently.

Orange Devil has issued a correction as of 15:28 on May 20, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stringent
Dec 22, 2004

image text goes here

Orange Devil posted:

Yes fine, I shed no tears for Germany, what I'm asking is, how do you keep this state Jewish say, 80 years later, without having a bunch of big old yikes laws?

don't care!

bringing up the holocaust repeatedly?

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lmaoing at the idea of ethnic Prussians getting treated like Palestinians. Fascist assholes would have deserved it too

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

lol I saw Yair Netanyahu tweeting out the Palestinians celebrating 9/11 and the pussy has his replies restricted because of course he does.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://va.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_qtdg7794351vc8rkw.mp4

quote:

Haya Abu alOuf, a survivor of the #WehdaStreetMassacre in Gaza that took away the lives of 42 of her family members, neighbors, and loved ones, has something to say to the world. Hear her out!

Video credit: Al Masdar News.

Grizzled Patriarch
Mar 27, 2014

These dentures won't stop me from tearing out jugulars in Thunderdome.

ASAPRockySituation posted:

You may have *spins wheel* Liberia

liberia already got settler-colonized by freed slaves lol

edit: incidentally their us puppet government was the tie-breaking vote in the establishment of israel

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!

Groovelord Neato posted:

lol I saw Yair Netanyahu tweeting out the Palestinians celebrating 9/11 and the pussy has his replies restricted because of course he does.

If there are Palestinians who hate American and celebrated 9/11 it's pretty loving hard to blame them.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

D

T

I

mcmagic posted:

If there are Palestinians who hate American and celebrated 9/11 it's pretty loving hard to blame them.

No doubt it's just funny he's such a pussy he can't handle people dunking on him in his replies.

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord

OK baizuo posted:

Lmaoing at the idea of ethnic Prussians getting treated like Palestinians. Fascist assholes would have deserved it too

Well ethnic Prussians were treated like Palestinians at the end of WW2. What do you think happened to Konigsberg?

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Flayer posted:

What do you think happened to Konigsberg?

Payback.

big dong wanter
Jan 28, 2010

The future for this country is roads, freeways and highways

To the dangerzone

gradenko_2000 posted:

just give them New Jersey

I know that they are bloodthirsty settlers but that's too harsh

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

SurgicalOntologist posted:

One of the insidious things about the birthright propaganda tour that I wasn't expecting was how they use sleep deprivation. All the activities are mandatory and you are on the bus at 7am (or 4am on the day you hike Masada) and at the hotel at 11pm, and of course that's when the partying starts. They corral a dazed, sleep-deprived busload of people (including the IDF soldiers that join each birthright trip mainly to facilitate the partying it seems) to whatever nationalist tourist site where you see a rousing video of the declaration of independence or whatever. Then we get back to the bus and I'm like "gently caress that was boring but at least I got a nap, am I right?" and I look around and half the group is all teary-eyed or even bawling with the emotion of it.
max blumenthal here talking about his birthright experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BDn_d-v4g&t=3298s

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 16:14 on May 20, 2021

crispyseaweed
Sep 21, 2008

I really want him to expand on this line of thinking here

OK baizuo
Mar 19, 2021

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Flayer posted:

Well ethnic Prussians were treated like Palestinians at the end of WW2. What do you think happened to Konigsberg?

:hmmyes:

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Stringent posted:

don't care!

bringing up the holocaust repeatedly?

Like - Israel?

FlapYoJacks
Feb 12, 2009
I’ve gotten into the habit of demanding evidence that Hamas is using civilians as shields without citing the IDF and every person that responds immediately posts IDF propaganda. They are deranged.

Torpor
Oct 20, 2008

.. and now for my next trick, I'll pretend to be a political commentator...

HONK HONK

Agrajag posted:

IDF is LGTBQ friendly so you should support IDF doing war crimes and genocide y'all

now that’s intersectionality!!

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Agrajag posted:

IDF is LGTBQ friendly so you should support IDF doing war crimes and genocide y'all

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recognition_of_same-sex_unions_in_Israel

quote:

Same-sex marriage is not legal in Israel.

:laugh:

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

does gaza have like a capitalist economy of wages and prices and other bullshit? ive been listening to interviews and people are like they cant afford clean water or they cant find work or theres nowhere to go when their home is destroyed etc.
i guess the israelis killed all the communists extra hard.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Real hurthling! posted:

does gaza have like a capitalist economy of wages and prices and other bullshit? ive been listening to interviews and people are like they cant afford clean water or they cant find work or theres nowhere to go when their home is destroyed etc.

kinda moot when there is literally no clean water, by can't afford they mean can't smuggle in bottled water which wouldn't be different under a communist local government

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

SurgicalOntologist posted:

One of the insidious things about the birthright propaganda tour that I wasn't expecting was how they use sleep deprivation. All the activities are mandatory and you are on the bus at 7am (or 4am on the day you hike Masada) and at the hotel at 11pm, and of course that's when the partying starts. They corral a dazed, sleep-deprived busload of people (including the IDF soldiers that join each birthright trip mainly to facilitate the partying it seems) to whatever nationalist tourist site where you see a rousing video of the declaration of independence or whatever. Then we get back to the bus and I'm like "gently caress that was boring but at least I got a nap, am I right?" and I look around and half the group is all teary-eyed or even bawling with the emotion of it.

can't break someone with insomnia, I guess, you're just going to go look for every little nook and cranny to go try and take a nap in to make up for the restlessness

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Real hurthling! posted:

i think it works like prison. the guards feed you enough so you dont die of starvation in front of a camera but if you want anything else you have to work for $0.50 per hour in some kind of hell job for the prison

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

I'm sure THIS time the hated degenerates will be allowed to prosper in thanks for their support of an ethno-fascist regime

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

lmao

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Epic High Five posted:

I'm sure THIS time the hated degenerates will be allowed to prosper in thanks for their support of an ethno-fascist regime

Absolutely didn't you hear the IDF is extremely inclusive?

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

etalian posted:

The other nazi like thing is all the stories of what happened to jews who dared to date/marry arabs.

Please tell me some stories. I'm curious.

shirts and skins posted:

There was actually a proposal kicked around in the early 20th century to establish a Jewish homeland state in the British Uganda colony, if you want an alternate history of "what if Israel was also South Africa"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uganda_Scheme

Particularly laughable since Buganda was one of the most organized precolonial civilizations in Africa. I'm sure that would have gone great!

The story of the 1904 expedition, as well as an imagined vision of a Jewish state in Uasin Gishu, is told in Lavie Tidhar's novelette "Uganda", in his 2007 collection HebrewPunk.

What the gently caress is "Hebrewpunk"? Is it like Cyberpunk?

BoldFace
Feb 28, 2011
https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1395410450309857281?s=19

Comrade Koba
Jul 2, 2007

lmao @ "ethnic Prussians"

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
it would be a real shame if russia invaded Israel and blew up all their nukes in a first strike

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Comrade Koba posted:

lmao @ "ethnic Prussians"

it's just all little old babushka ladies

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy

Groovelord Neato posted:

hes probably tired of being reminded how he pimped out his girlfriend to pay down debts he incurred buying prostitutes

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I.
Jan 25, 2012

bjp israel smoochers have to be some of the most politically cucked people on the planet

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Lol he's struggle cuddling bibi

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

bjp israel smoochers have to be some of the most politically cucked people on the planet

Insanely cucked when you consider both India's history with colonization and the palestinian struggle.

Here it is straight from the minister of external affairs.

http://mea.gov.in/Portal/ForeignRelation/Updated_Note_on_India-Palestine_Relations_for_MEA_Website.pdf

quote:

India-Palestine Relations India’s support for the Palestinian cause is an integral part of the nation’s foreign policy. In 1974, India became the first Non-Arab State to recognize Palestine Liberation Organization (PLO) as the sole and legitimate representative of the Palestinian people. In 1988, India became one of the first countries to recognize the Palestinian State. In 1996, India opened its Representative Office in Gaza, which was later shifted to Ramallah in 2003.India has played an active role in extending support for the Palestinian cause across various multilateral fora. India co-sponsored the draft resolution on “the right of Palestinians to self-determination” during the 53rd session of the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) and voted in favour of it. India also voted in favour of UNGA Resolution in October 2003 against construction of the separation wall by Israel. In 2011, India voted in favour of Palestine becoming a full member of the UNESCO. India co-sponsored and voted in favour of the UNGA Resolution on November 29, 2012 that enabled Palestine to become a ‘non-member Observer state’ at the UN without voting rights. India supported the Bandung Declaration on Palestine at the Asian African Commemorative Conference in April 2015 as well as supported the installation of the Palestinian flag at UN's premises in September 2015

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

im just gonna assume an adult drew this

Snake Dance
Jan 5, 2020

by Azathoth
Can we all just agree that Israel gets first crack at moving to Antarctica once global warming really kicks in?

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

max blumenthal here talking about his birthright experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8BDn_d-v4g&t=3298s

"Ariel Sharon, praised by Biden as 'The Bulldozer'"

lol

:d2a:

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Dear Israel,

I love you this much,