Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tuna-Fish
Sep 13, 2017

Vichan posted:

A fantasy GSG seems like the most logical thing to do and it's what I'm hoping for the most.

A fantasy GSG is coming, but not yet. We know it's coming, because are hiring artists for it. We know it's not coming yet, because they only started hiring for it pretty recently.

Charlz Guybon posted:

I loved Vicky 1 and 2, but I hope they extend the timeline to encompass more of the Industrial Revolution. At least from 1815-1920 (1792-1920) would be better.

I think there are very good reasons to start in the 1830's. Notably, to get a South America that somewhat resembles history. I do think that starting a bit earlier in the 1830's can be made to work, even if that makes Belgium a problem. I would really like being able to start during the polish revolt, but I can see why that would be a bit too early.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib

Ardryn posted:

It's going to be Victoria: iOS, tap rapidly to build factories faster than France so you can arm enough soldier pops to win the war for unification.

Would honestly play this

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Tuna-Fish posted:

I do think that starting a bit earlier in the 1830's can be made to work, even if that makes Belgium a problem.

:geert:

Charlz Guybon
Nov 16, 2010

Tuna-Fish posted:

A fantasy GSG is coming, but not yet. We know it's coming, because are hiring artists for it. We know it's not coming yet, because they only started hiring for it pretty recently.

I think there are very good reasons to start in the 1830's. Notably, to get a South America that somewhat resembles history. I do think that starting a bit earlier in the 1830's can be made to work, even if that makes Belgium a problem. I would really like being able to start during the polish revolt, but I can see why that would be a bit too early.

Why is this a plus?

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
World War 1 game, where they can more plausibly indulge the disgusting royalist fetish they keep injecting into Hearts of Iron 4

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
just tuned into the pdxcon stream and it's a man and a woman in an orange void talking about which days of the week they come into the office and how long the commute is

https://twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://www.reddit.com/r/paradoxplaza/comments/nhny4a/looks_like_some_poor_frontend_dev_is_going_to/

Looks fake to me, but I want to believe.

canepazzo fucked around with this message at 10:17 on May 21, 2021

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist
So much monogram decoration! I can only get so erect.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Scramble, everyone, scramble!

Star
Jul 15, 2005

Guerilla war struggle is a new entertainment.
Fallen Rib
Oh be still my heart. I'm ready to revolt though if they've removed the recurring newspaper reports.

V for Vegas
Sep 1, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER
Isn't this exactly what happened with Stellaris?

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
If it actually is V3 then I hope that they look really hard at Imperator and Stellaris for examples of both good and bad ideas and don't pretend that their other games don't exist

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Multiple independent sources seemed to have taken pictures of and reported seeing the exact same thing. So it seems real?

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

Charlz Guybon posted:

Why is this a plus?
Also, even if it is, I feel like you could push the date back quite a bit and still end up in largely the same place? The ball was already rolling nearly three decades before the Vicky 2 start, it'd be perfectly fine to set up Spain's South American possessions as unhappy satellites, and make attempts at independence snowball.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
I already talked about why I would love if its Vicky 3 earlier in the thread but another reason I really hope that it is is because I can finally play the USA in a pdx game without either having to gently caress around with start dates/found it 300 years early (EU4) or when its already a world bestriding behemoth (HOI4).

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
I want it to be real, I believe.

ilitarist
Apr 26, 2016

illiterate and militarist

AnEdgelord posted:

I already talked about why I would love if its Vicky 3 earlier in the thread but another reason I really hope that it is is because I can finally play the USA in a pdx game without either having to gently caress around with start dates/found it 300 years early (EU4) or when its already a world bestriding behemoth (HOI4).

so you say Victoria period is the best cause you can have wars where all the casualties are American

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016

ilitarist posted:

so you say Victoria period is the best cause you can have wars where all the casualties are American

Exactly

Cantorsdust
Aug 10, 2008

Infinitely many points, but zero length.

JosefStalinator posted:

I want it to be real, I believe.

https://youtu.be/V0EZobdiJ4M

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

Looks like the announcement is this one, at 11am Pacific today:

Don’t miss the PDXCON Remixed Announcement Show! All of our news and exciting revelations in one exciting hour! Join CEO Ebba Ljungerud as she takes you through everything Paradox has to show – including a new game from Paradox Development Studio!

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Charlz Guybon posted:

Why is this a plus?

Because contextless nonsense CK3-style blob worlds are flavourless and unfun

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
Well, if they're actually making Victoria 3, it's a good move. I'll almost certainly buy it as long as it's not an utter shitshow.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
I bet the game is going to be something that's paint the map that people try to hype up as something more nuanced and country-simmy.

Vichan
Oct 1, 2014

I'LL PUNISH YOU ACCORDING TO YOUR CRIME

Gamerofthegame posted:

I bet the game is going to be something that's paint the map that people try to hype up as something more nuanced and country-simmy.

Johan isn't involved so I still have hope.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer
I'll only buy Vicky 3 if it has a train designer. :colbert:

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Wiz is lead dev which is v promising imo

e-dt
Sep 16, 2019

my one hope for vicky three is fixed pop wages that aren't a percentage of profits. also world trade that doesnt depend on ranking. and real embargoes. actually i have a lot of hopes but the wage one is the biggest one

Its that time
Nov 8, 2011
Carefully optimistic after the recent Pdox rushed and hosed up releases. Not paying for the priviledge of beta testing a product if it ain't labeled and priced as such.

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan
if V3 does the the same thing CK3 did to CK2 I will buy it in an instant

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
Victoria 3 will be the perfect game at release, and no one will be able to criticize Paradox ever again

Vivian Darkbloom
Jul 14, 2004

e-dt posted:

my one hope for vicky three is fixed pop wages that aren't a percentage of profits. also world trade that doesnt depend on ranking. and real embargoes. actually i have a lot of hopes but the wage one is the biggest one

I would like to see radical rethinking of quite a lot of Vicky, but the pops are #1. They're super complicated and fiddly but not really interesting.

Zeron
Oct 23, 2010
My Vicky3 wishlist is that they take inspiration from and evolve EUIV's trading mechanics. That's honestly the most interesting set of mechanics out of all the Paradox games to me and it's driven way more playthroughs for me than other games. Plus it'd be in the perfect place to prototype a trade system for EUV.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
I’d like for goods to actually flow around the map and be intereictable

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
as long as it has the pop system and the hoi4/ck3 GUI modding capabilities, modders should be able to make something for everyone

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

It's going to be "Disappointing Videogame Conference Simulator," and it's just a pinwheel of all the lovely excuses developers give for why they don't make something that is widely demanded.

"The fans didn't show enough support"
"Don't you all have cell phones?"
"The market has pivoted to [oversaturated genre]"
"You think you want it, but you don't"
etc.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

I mean I'd love it to be Victoria III but I can't imagine many companies would look at the last two years and think 'yeah we should release the European Colonization game again'

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Vicky 3 but it’s a moba and the heroes are world leaders of the period.

Dramicus
Mar 26, 2010
Grimey Drawer

SirPhoebos posted:

It's going to be "Disappointing Videogame Conference Simulator," and it's just a pinwheel of all the lovely excuses developers give for why they don't make something that is widely demanded.

"The fans didn't show enough support"
"Don't you all have cell phones?"
"The market has pivoted to [oversaturated genre]"
"You think you want it, but you don't"
etc.

Next game is a mobile MOBA-Fortnite hybrid.

Fellblade
Apr 28, 2009
I've thought it would be Vicky 3 ever since PDX devs and social media started joking about it never coming out, so pretty convinced.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

I want to believe