Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

JUNGLE BOY posted:

I haven’t been watching, is Hit Row any good?

Swerve is cool, but I legit do not care about the rest of the members of the faction right now. Their tag match was very basic even by WWE standards.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

DarkstarIV posted:

For those curious to see how viewers would receive Hit Row, I have bad news. They had the lowest rated segment on this week's NXT (at 649,000 viewers, 176,000 in 18-49), the only other one that came even remotely close was Zoey Stark vs Toni Storm (652,000 viewers, 184,000 in 18-49). For reference, there was almost a 73k dropoff between the previous segment (which was Sarray vs Aliyah) and the Hit Row stuff.

NXT's audience skews boomer, Hit Row is everything they're scared about the kids today

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Tuning out when they're bored is one thing but segment by segment ratings tracking implies that people are somehow hearing about who's on screen while watching other things and switching over and lol at the idea anyone discusses NXT live. That doesn't even happen here.

If it isn't just 99% related to commercial timing, VJeff will write an essay on 30 wrestlers more All Elite than Karrion Kross.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Talent found out via this and not the company telling them :rip:

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1395739639063924739

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

Chris James 2 posted:

Talent found out via this and not the company telling them :rip:

https://twitter.com/AustinCreedWins/status/1395739639063924739

They still feel the need to do disturbing things to women's faces in these ads.

Bizarro Kanyon
Jan 3, 2007

Something Awful, so easy even a spaceman can do it!

I heard Bix on the QAnon Anon podcast talking about Drake Wuertz. It was a really good episode.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

Aphrodite posted:

Tuning out when they're bored is one thing but segment by segment ratings tracking implies that people are somehow hearing about who's on screen while watching other things and switching over and lol at the idea anyone discusses NXT live. That doesn't even happen here.

If it isn't just 99% related to commercial timing, VJeff will write an essay on 30 wrestlers more All Elite than Karrion Kross.

Spoiler, Tukka Rask tops this one too.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

segment by segment ratings for a single data series is not statistically relevant. Its like reading goat entrails to predict the stock markets. Not enough correlating data.

Now if they had six weeks of HIT SQUAD or whatever segments going down, then you can say they're ratings blight.

coconono fucked around with this message at 16:19 on May 21, 2021

Lurks With Wolves
Jan 14, 2013

At least I don't dance with them, right?

Pope Corky the IX posted:

They still feel the need to do disturbing things to women's faces in these ads.

Let's be honest, WWE's airbrushing does no one any favors.

STING 64
Oct 20, 2006

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
You already have Ricochet AND Alex Zayne and no idea what to do with either of them!

ThePariah
Feb 10, 2014
Speedball was... Always Bad :smith:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Lid posted:

You already have Ricochet AND Alex Zayne and no idea what to do with either of them!

Filling in time between recaps on Main Event is an idea

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Bummer, but I feel like it’s way harder to be judgy about people with visa/residency hurdles. Hopefully he’s a “finds a stable niche in NXT” guy and not a “banished to 205 Live basically instantly” guy

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

I hope speedball makes good money and I wish him best in the wwe.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

unless Vince asked for him specifically I don't have high hopes for his money in WWE.

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3YHTI-K23o

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A white guy doing martial arts? Vince is going find that HILARIOUS.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:
They're going to make Speedball put shoes on

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
They're going to make him Mike Bayley

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mpS9oFx-OT4

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Davros1 posted:

I have no idea who the guy is but this post makes me think there is a non-zero chance we get a yellow-face gimmick in 2021.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

They're going to repackage him as Penance and have him visibly blade at the beginning of every match to hulk up.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Davros1 posted:

Mike is Korean, I believe

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Mike is Korean, I believe

canadian, totally different peninsula.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
We do have some Asian people, honest

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
A shame that speedball wanted to wrestle again in the United states and wont get to again

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Grem posted:

They're going to repackage him as Penance and have him visibly blade at the beginning of every match to hulk up.

Nah, that's too cool for WWE and NBC

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.

Grem posted:

They just fired four guys with bad opinions about Civil War

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST
You gotta wait for a few weeks to really call quarter hours. Hit Row just started.

Fwiw I get that there's talent in NXT, it's all just so stale and nearly everyone is booked weird. O'Reilly is finally on his own as a singles babyface, sure, but he's lost the chance for the NXT top belt multiple times now. And not in a scrappy underdog way. He just lost. Bronson went back and forth with Gargano. You need a top strong star, sure, Balor had to beat guys. But they didn't build any NEW guys either.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Dream-related probably

https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/1395779589859905537

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Grem posted:

Goons would call that a rip-off of Darby, so here's hoping it somehow happens

But he'd have to get through the NXT name factory without being turned into Hans Scooter or Mickey Chompers though, which seems difficult

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

I sure hope Mike enjoyed streaming for these past few months.

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Grem posted:

That's just Cody

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Grem posted:

They're going to repackage him as Penance, but then it'll turn out that he was actually a corrupted form of Jake Atlas all along, and Jake Atlas was actually his younger twin brother and sister who have the ability to join together and pretend to be him.

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

wow Franky Monet's name makes sense now

SalTheBard
Jan 26, 2005

I forgot to post my food for USPOL Thanksgiving but that's okay too!

Fallen Rib

Astro7x posted:

How many times have plans blown up and the solution is to have two guys fight that can put on a good match? It’s like when Balor/Wyatt got canceled and they gave us Balor/Styles.

It’s loving insulting that they know what pairings make good matches but refuse to give it to us unless they are forced to.

I feel like in the past one of WWE's strengths has been adapting to stuff on the fly. I remember when John Cena got injured during the reign of terror and we had mini title tournament at the next PPV. Recently (in the last 4 years or so) I haven't felt like that has been something they have been as nimble about. Their defacto thing was to shove a title onto Lesnar or something. The best "on the fly" thing they've done recently is putting the Universal Title on Kevin Owens after Balor got hurt.

SalTheBard fucked around with this message at 23:48 on May 21, 2021

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like in the past one of WWE's strengths has been adapting to stuff on the fly. I remember when John Cena got injured during the reign of terror and we had mini title tournament at the next PPV. Recently (in the last 4 years or so) I haven't felt like that has been something they have been as nimble about. Their defacto thing was to shove a title onto Lesnar or something. Balor getting injured winning the Universal Title was unfortunate, but the Kevin Owens reign that came out of it (and the "JERICHO IS MY BEST FRIEND") was so cool.

Shawn Michaels faking a knee injury lead to that awesome 4 way with Bret, Austin, Taker and Vader

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

SalTheBard posted:

The best "on the fly" thing they've done recently is putting the Universal Title on Kevin Owens after Balor got hurt.
And that was almost five years ago

Edge & Christian
May 20, 2001

Earth-1145 is truly the best!
A world of singing, magic frogs,
high adventure, no shitposters

SalTheBard posted:

I feel like in the past one of WWE's strengths has been adapting to stuff on the fly. I remember when John Cena got injured during the reign of terror and we had mini title tournament at the next PPV.
I think the only time John Cena had to vacate the title was shortly before No Mercy 2007, which led to that show opening with Regal and Vince awarding the title to Randy Orton, leading immediately to a match where Triple H beat Randy for the title. Then Triple H had to wrestle Umaga on the same night and won, but Umaga injured him. Then as the surprise main event of the same PPV, Orton invoked his rematch clause and beat Triple H in a Last Man Standing match to regain the title he had been awarded earlier in the night.

I guess that technically counts as a mini-tournament?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
I remember a Mumps outbreak led to a really fun PPV a few years ago.