Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Bad dogg!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sigma
Aug 24, 2003

Grimey Drawer

davidbix posted:

And he deleted it after other people found it and started replying.

Whether he knew it was public before he started getting those notifications, I have no idea.

Oh, he didn’t know?

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sigma posted:

Oh, he didn’t know?

shouldve probably asked somebody

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

it’s me, it’s me, the 1-4-double-8

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Road Dogg preferred the gender binary.

Grendels Dad
Mar 5, 2011

Popular culture has passed you by.

Codependent Poster posted:

I've come to the conclusion Ric Boogs owns.

Same. Those Dorky Muscle Dad videos are super-endearing to me, a dorky not-muscle dad.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

коммунизм хранится в яичках
Okay, now that I've seen those I'm down with Rick Boogs. Just go full ham on being a giant dorky muscledad.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Sigma posted:

Oh, he didn’t know?

Hahahahaha

Majinfoose
Jul 26, 2007

HOLY SHIT
This vegan brisket is bussin

Is Asuka's YouTube owned by WWE, or are they rightfully scared of telling her to stop?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Majinfoose posted:

Is Asuka's YouTube owned by WWE, or are they rightfully scared of telling her to stop?
I'm pretty sure she owns it herself, she streams under her old name and she made all the assets herself. She lost her IRL Facebook page for almost a year because someone reported her and WWE never lifted a finger to help validate her :v:

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

MJeff posted:

Williams getting around it by streaming as his Splatoon squidsona v-tuber is genius. I have no idea how Cole is doing it.

What are they going to do? He probably has an open contract for AEW that he uses as leverage.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

Yeah, Triple H is absolutely not risking that so he just lets Cole stream.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

Open Marriage Night posted:

What are they going to do? He probably has an open contract for AEW that he uses as leverage.
AEW doesn't innately sign every single WWE castoff, but Vince sure thinks they can/will

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

RealFoxy posted:

AEW doesn't innately sign every single WWE castoff, but Vince sure thinks they can/will
Nah, I think that phase is done on both ends.

Britt is reportedly in TK's inner circle of buddies (called the white house, according to starks) though so you gotta feel Cole has a place waiting for him.

I'm going to be really, really sad when AEW doesn't reform the iiconics though :(

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Yeah Cole is definitely someone who could waltz right into AEW so he could probably do pretty much anything he wants.

JUNGLE BOY
Sep 23, 2019

except ride roller coasters

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Alexander Wolfe said they're still giving fired talent the excuse that times are hard for them during the pandemic despite making more money than ever https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/2021/05/alexander-wolfe-reveals-reason-wwe-gave-for-his-release/

quote:

The reason I was given was the pandemic time that savings are still necessary due to the global event restrictions,. Well, that’s better than no reason at all, but ultimately you know WWE makes so much money that no firing is really mandatory. But it is what it is. The machine continues to run, the parts are replaced. I see that’s the business. I am proud of what I have achieved. I know I could have achieved more, but in a league like WWE you don’t have everything in your own hands. You have to control what you can control, I don’t think I can blame myself in that regard.

...Strangely, it hit me less hard than I expected. I’m quite relaxed and happy, I don’t feel like pitying myself. First of all, I am generally a positive person. secondly, I can look back on six wonderful years at WWE with great and unique experiences. Thirdly, I have had a plan B for a long time, which I am now tackling, and I also have little time to complain about it, because I have to organize a big move within four weeks, move furniture, cancel subscriptions, all the bells and whistles. It continues and I am in good spirits that I can now apply everything I have learned in another place where it is just as valued, maybe even more.

We’ll see where it’s going, whether I can get a permanent contract elsewhere or whether I am orienting myself towards independent wrestling and pursuing other projects. The thing about the plan B is I always knew that the wrestling business is an illusionary bubble in which there is nowhere to be carefree. You have to build a professional and personal foundation in order to be able to take a different path in the event of losing your job. I have that. Incidentally, this also meant that I interacted well with colleagues; it was always important to me to behave correctly with the people I deal with. I did that and it contributes to the fact that I now get a lot of messages and inquiries.

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Reports are WWE made $1 million for the Army Of The Dead tie-in.

But clearly they don't have money to pay talent.

Hoss Corncave
Feb 13, 2012

Digital Jedi posted:

They obviously had to pay all those zombies. The outside non-wrestlers are always far more important than the wrestlers.

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

Digital Jedi posted:

Why would they make $1 million for that? Like it's a Netflix movie. Everybody has Netflix. If someone is watching WWE they either have Netflix or will never have Netflix. What a stupid investment.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Malcolm Excellent posted:

Why would they make $1 million for that? Like it's a Netflix movie. Everybody has Netflix. If someone is watching WWE they either have Netflix or will never have Netflix. What a stupid investment.

I think it had a brief theatrical run as well as being on Netflix so that might be an effort to make back some of its budget.

karmicknight
Aug 21, 2011

Source your quotes.

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Everybody has Netflix.

i dont have netflix op

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord

graph posted:

i dont have netflix op

You'll never have it. No amount of zombies on wrestling will make you get Netflix

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

Hoss Corncave posted:

They obviously had to pay all those zombies. The outside non-wrestlers are always far more important than the wrestlers.

An outside non-wrestler that gets stiffed onm a paycheck would complain. Loudly and publicly.

A WWE wrestler doesn't get paid, they call HHH to thank him personally for being able to help the corporation make bigger profits.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

The best thing WWE will ever do with movies is The Resurrection of Gavin Stone

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Open Marriage Night posted:

lol.. i mean idk if *brennan williams* is who i would point to as a guy who has the whole world open to him.

i genuinely think no one has been able to explain to vince what a vtuber is

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

shiksa posted:

lol.. i mean idk if *brennan williams* is who i would point to as a guy who has the whole world open to him.

i genuinely think no one has been able to explain to vince what a vtuber is

Pretty sure they meant Cole (or I hope so!)

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

AEW can't sign Cole though as he's dead in that universe

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
oh yeah and gently caress road dogg. i've felt bummed out about liking him as a kid for a while now but god drat man i aint even gonna own up to it anymore. just focus on mankind and the rock and kai en tai idk. anyway, gently caress off shithead, i cant imagine why i would give a poo poo about the opinion of a guy who had like, 2 good years 20+ years ago. keep talkin about the good ol days when anyone in the entire world gave a poo poo about u, dude.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Just imagine that in 1999, someone told you the most well-adjusted and adult member of DX was gonna be Shawn Michaels.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Just imagine that in 1999, someone told you the most well-adjusted and adult member of New Age Outlaws was gonna be Mr rear end.

Ad by Khad
Jul 25, 2007

Human Garbage
Watch me try to laugh this title off like the dickbag I am.

I also hang out with racists.
Jibo aint under no wwe contract, he can stream all he wants

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Shawn seems fine, but Billy Gunn sounds like someone great backstage and his sons sounded really well adjusted on TIJ.

Takes a lot less to compete with Road Dogg though.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I'm told HBK is a still a comprehensive rear end in a top hat still its just he's rich enough he doesn't subject the public to it as much.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real

davidbix posted:

And he deleted it after other people found it and started replying.

Whether he knew it was public before he started getting those notifications, I have no idea.

Oh old people have no idea other people can see their Facebook comments on random posts.

Like my mom that says "I don't post anything political", but responds to every single post that's like "Should Hillary Clinton be put in jail? Respond yes if you agree!" and I try to explain to her that we see all of that stuff .

Lead Pipe Cinch
Mar 10, 2003

Heavy Metal Bakesale

Astro7x posted:

Oh old people have no idea other people can see their Facebook comments on random posts.

Like my mom that says "I don't post anything political", but responds to every single post that's like "Should Hillary Clinton be put in jail? Respond yes if you agree!" and I try to explain to her that we see all of that stuff .

These are also the same type of people who will get whipped up when a post they don’t like shows up in their feed because they think it was posted directly to their page.

davidbix
Jun 14, 2016

Wow, Bix. First K.Rool, then Steve and now SEPHIROTH? Your dream game is real!

Astro7x posted:

But do they assume that only they can see it or that only their friends can see it? In your example, it seems like your mom thinks it's the former. Which doesn't even make any sense.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
facebook is a loving mess to use so im sure a old dipshit like roadie has no idea how it works

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kunabomber
Oct 1, 2002

Pillbug

Just imagine that in 1999, someone told you the most well-adjusted and adult member of DX was gonna be Shawn Michaels.

X-Pac seems to basically alert DDP to wrestlers that are about to die so they can go through the Accountability Crib and become functioning human beings again.